Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blendo was a collab between adam and jamie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

:rip: Grant Imahara and :rip: that mustache he used to have when he was on Battlebots.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NightGyr posted:

Sorry, the battlebots one died.

Jaime had a gas-powered spinner that was so dangerous it was once awarded a tournament's co-championship because they couldn't be certain it wouldn't send pieces of its opponents through the safety box so they couldn't allow it to compete anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J8N3lXmEw0

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykZrkanexM&t=1099s

Here's a video about it

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Battlebots Bounty Hunters is live. Discovery+ also has the previous 2 seasons (and the current) of Battlebots.

Also seems it was clearly filmed alongside the current season and Kenny and Chris are still running the commentary. Like a bonus 12 hours of battlebots.

Chomps flamethrower is A+

:lol: not sure why the gently caress they tried to split the bounty episodes into 2 episodes. Whoever cut between the 2 is a loving moron.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 4, 2021

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

lol the thumbnail for the second episode is the winner fighting bronco. Gg discovery

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Chomps flamethrower is A+

Bot builders really should stop putting cosmetic flamethrowers in their elaborate superbots, jesus. :stare:

Poor Chomp.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

:lol: not sure why the gently caress they tried to split the bounty episodes into 2 episodes. Whoever cut between the 2 is a loving moron.

Yeah makes no sense considering it's released in chunks anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it a episode a week thing or just the two? I'll throw some money down for a month to watch it if it's all up there already.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Deadlifts flamethrower :swoon:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah makes no sense considering it's released in chunks anyway.

It's probably a mandate from the executives in order to attract new viewers on the app. Got to make it bite sized and not mention the main tournament that's filmed at the same time. Oh, and clips of previous matches. It's new content to somebody, right?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Dang I'm really enjoying the Bounty Hunters format, I'm actually more invested in the fights than the regular episodes

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dang I'm really enjoying the Bounty Hunters format, I'm actually more invested in the fights than the regular episodes

Any bot that makes it three fights without falling apart is badass.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it a episode a week thing or just the two? I'll throw some money down for a month to watch it if it's all up there already.

They released the first 2 tournaments this week. Bronco & Ice Wave bounties. Not really too clear when they will release the 2nd set of tournaments or if they maybe will just do 1 per week now. Who knows...

But they also have seasons 3, 4, & the current 5 of Battlebots up.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well right now it's just the basic trials in the main show, they're just getting started. Lots of unproven bots and early matchups.

The gimmick for the sideshow is quite good. I expected them to somehow screw it up and was wrong. Aside from the bizarre credits placement.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Rotator is a beast. That thing just does not die. I do miss the double spinner gimmick though, it was fun. Also loving :lol: at hypershock getting highlight reel'd after a cripple fight.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Great Beer posted:

Rotator is a beast. That thing just does not die. I do miss the double spinner gimmick though, it was fun. Also loving :lol: at hypershock getting highlight reel'd after a cripple fight.

Kinda wish they'd do that more.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Bronco :smith:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That Sharko sob story, and then it's up against Captain Shredderator, the robot prone to dying extremely horribly.

Why'd this have to be the one time it worked

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Jesus. The bounty matches were filmed at the end of the tournament. Which does not bode well for hypershock if they still haven't gotten it working right.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I fell out of watching robot fight shows, probably like most people, when it became apparent that there were basically 3 types of robot that work and they would all be variations of that. But now they have flamethrowers? I'm back in.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the only sad moment chomp :smith:z

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like there's a lot of cautious robots that try to use rear armor to stop the enemy weapon without endangering their own, but that leads to not having any good chances to attack and ends not working as well as just being willing to go front to front.

Also the youtuber that bought the battlebot formerly known as Red Devil has an update where he pokes around inside the robot to see how it works and puts it back together so it can work again while angry commenters yell at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fLApNso5L4

logikv9 posted:

the only sad moment chomp :smith:z

Its heritage showing.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

Its heritage showing.

I'm wondering if bale spear actually damaged something with it's pokey stick. You can see it jam pretty far in under the turret and then chomp ignited.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: Hydra matched against Huge .... uhhhhh good luck!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Claw Viper may somehow be too fast of a bot

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 8, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think you can still do it Ghost Raptor

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

time to go home Chuck

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This $4,000 robot vs. the one-man one that was like a milk tank with a spike on it in the Finals please.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Well the Hydra attachment sure is something

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Well the Hydra attachment sure is something

I don't think it'll work. Sounds like they have no plans to actually damage Huge

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

That's the second bot to start off by exposing their rear. The gently caress?

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think it'll work. Sounds like they have no plans to actually damage Huge

Worked for Beta :haw:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
tbf, I have absolutely no ideas for how a bot like Hydra could beat Huge

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well, I guess he did what he wanted to do!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

well that was bullshit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well, they did it, I suppose!

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

It's lovely...but consistent. They had control and hammer hits.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

so do the pulverizers actually count for damage points

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

so do the pulverizers actually count for damage points

Deliberate hits from primary weapons or deliberate use of arena hazards count.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BattleBots/status/1347364316106772480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

So Hydra v Huge happened before Beta/Rotator, which explains why so many builders were ticked off about that one