Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Cobalt60 posted:

Apologies but I can't search the thread: is "Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms" worth playing?

With NGU at an end, and Synergism kinda stalled for me, I'd be happy to scratch the itch a bit.

I'm still playing their previous game, Crusaders of the Lost Idols. It has a similar 'character choice and position is important' thing going on, but I find it a lot nicer to play. I've been at it for a while though, and have unlocked all the characters and a large amount of the top tier skill upgrades, so I can pick my formation and just let it ride for however long. This might affect my 'nicer' opinion.

Again there are a lot of RMT things in there, but I think even after a couple of years, I have avoided them and am still doing pretty well. There's nothing that you get from RMT that you can't get in-game, it just takes longer.

Scaling and progress is solid up until end game, and progress is probably a lot faster than when I was playing through the early stages.

Edit: Bangin' snipe. I'm still playing Perfect Tower II, and getting near the current endgame. Having to go through discord for pretty much any advice is annoying, especially for the meta-changing systems (era/infinity) because the devs haven't actually got anything in-game that explains it. It's worth sticking with though, I think.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Bedurndurn posted:

Progress Knight

Okay, so I got to the 'live 200 years' part and unlocked a new resource. I was underwhelmed. Poked around a bit and you need 1000 of that new resource to unlock a faster time progression, so yeah gently caress this game. Almost no content, but it will take you weeks to discover that unless you cheat.

It's not quite that bad, every 2-3 runs you unlock a new multiplier due to the power gained by getting a new multiplier. But there is nothing else, the game just starts to require even higher levels of annoying micromanagement because the auto-skill doesn't consider time per level so you have to manually train your 5 different evil skills.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Bedurndurn posted:

Progress Knight

Okay, so I got to the 'live 200 years' part and unlocked a new resource. I was underwhelmed. Poked around a bit and you need 1000 of that new resource to unlock a faster time progression, so yeah gently caress this game. Almost no content, but it will take you weeks to discover that unless you cheat.

Edit: Can you actually even get to 1000 level Chairman? I literally have 2.5e+27 blood (each rebirth seems to gain about ~2000 or so) and with all that super, super, super cheated nonsense, the best I can reach is about level 200 Chairman.

I cheated to like 2500+ all skills, level 999 chairman, and max level 999 chairman and you're getting trillions of xp and need tens of quadrillions so no, not remotely

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why does the ngu idle wiki new player guide tell people to cap normal ngus when you're starting evil when that takes 200 days at bluebar

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I believe cap in that context means bb

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Aurora posted:

why does the ngu idle wiki new player guide tell people to cap normal ngus when you're starting evil when that takes 200 days at bluebar

Doesnt it mean you should be able to cap normal NGU's before you start Evil (And have like 1e8 in levels before moving onto evil?) (because if you dont its going to take you 200 days to do a level?)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

yeah it just means to bluebar them. it later tells you to switch to evil ngus after godmother and that certainly doesn't take 200 days.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

might take me a while to bluebar PP and stuff like that then

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What the guide means to say is "if you can't BB all your NGUs you are not ready for Evil" which is not meant as some gatekeeping mechanic but more of a guideline so that you can actually progress in Evil without everything taking days to do.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ghostlight posted:

yeah it just means to bluebar them. it later tells you to switch to evil ngus after godmother and that certainly doesn't take 200 days.

Guide also might not be accurate any longer. If you were playing as content came out you did have most of your NGUs capped when Evil was released.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lol I'm still in normal NGU and feeling overwhelmed

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I really like Progress Knight as a fundamental concept, makes me want to take the same overall concept/UI layout and make an entirely separate game. I think it's mostly missing that sense of exploration found in the best idles (imo).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jon Joe posted:

I really like Progress Knight as a fundamental concept, makes me want to take the same overall concept/UI layout and make an entirely separate game. I think it's mostly missing that sense of exploration found in the best idles (imo).

idle loops and groundhog day come to mind

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Does anyone know how to unlock the "Full Metal" achievement in Evolve? The descriptor is "Use alchemy to create any non-basic resource" and I've used the alchemy menu to create everything up through iridium with no luck.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
It probably means exotic materials, the two that you throw into black holes that are special (infernite and ???, been a few months since I black holed.) Failing that you’ll have to ask in the discord or check the built-in wiki maybe.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

FE00000 is pretty cool. Getting to the 2nd eternity takes almost as long as getting to the first one though, almost feels like im doing something wrong.
Also i completed all Infinity Challenges on my way to the 1st eternity but i am unable to complete Challenge 8 in the 2nd or 3rd Eternity.

flappin fish
Jul 4, 2005

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Does anyone know how to unlock the "Full Metal" achievement in Evolve? The descriptor is "Use alchemy to create any non-basic resource" and I've used the alchemy menu to create everything up through iridium with no luck.

You have to research Advanced Transmutation to be able to create the lategame resources with alchemy. The wiki puts that in Intergalactic, so if you're not at Andromeda, keep going.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ineptitude posted:

FE00000 is pretty cool. Getting to the 2nd eternity takes almost as long as getting to the first one though, almost feels like im doing something wrong.
Also i completed all Infinity Challenges on my way to the 1st eternity but i am unable to complete Challenge 8 in the 2nd or 3rd Eternity.

I skipped IC 8 both times, I don't think I even did it manually before it got automated lol

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah that definitely sounds like something's up. You did spend the 2 EP on the first eternity generator right?

Also don't be like me and forget about the theorems you can buy for stars and IP. I reset for my third or fourth eternity before getting them like a dumbass, so I could have had a much faster start than I did.

Lone Goat posted:

I skipped IC 8 both times, I don't think I even did it manually before it got automated lol

Yeah that and IC4 are super annoying to redo.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Playing FE000000 super casually and Challenge 10 in the first eternity is really annoying, is there a trick or is it just keep clicking sacrifice?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Lockback posted:

Playing FE000000 super casually and Challenge 10 in the first eternity is really annoying, is there a trick or is it just keep clicking sacrifice?

Yes, just keep bashing M and S.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

oh waited maybe I goofed and didn't skip 8. I skipped the last one for sure.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Nibble posted:

Yeah that definitely sounds like something's up. You did spend the 2 EP on the first eternity generator right?

Also don't be like me and forget about the theorems you can buy for stars and IP. I reset for my third or fourth eternity before getting them like a dumbass, so I could have had a much faster start than I did.

Aye i bought the generator.
Not sure how to afford the Study yet though, i can buy 1 theorem with stars then the price skyrockets to e36k, i can buy 1 theorem with IP then the price skyrockets to e147 and i can buy 1 with EP. I'd need 4 for the cheapest Study.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Your second eternity will speed up as the generator builds up eternity stars.
You get the first study 3 eternities later, save up your eternity points for the 2 and 4 cost theorems.
As for challenges, you can skip IC4 and IC8 from now on, especially the former is not worth the time investment.
Also, it may be too late now but it does become slightly relevant way later again: You can activate Challenge 12 right after an eternity because you have no infinity yet anyway.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 8, 2021

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

on FE00000000 how do I do Infinity Challenge 3? I'm not into Eternity yet and I tried it out and it's painfully slow.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Cowman posted:

on FE00000000 how do I do Infinity Challenge 3? I'm not into Eternity yet and I tried it out and it's painfully slow.

Turn off the prestige autobuyer, wait a few minutes before prestiging the first time.
E: Also there's a guide under options for exactly that kinda information.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

GrossMurpel posted:

Turn off the prestige autobuyer, wait a few minutes before prestiging the first time.
E: Also there's a guide under options for exactly that kinda information.

I meant IC4 but it's also in that guide. I had no idea that guide existed thanks!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Yeah IC4 is just "sit around for an hour lol" unfortunately

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Unofficial but acknowledged update to Shark Game
https://twitter.com/cirrial/status/1347586415228579840
https://twitter.com/base487175404/status/1347411266181201921

https://spencers145.github.io/SharkGame/

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Huh, I thought cirrial came into this thread and said incremental games were bad and he wouldn't make another.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Peachfart posted:

Huh, I thought cirrial came into this thread and said incremental games were bad and he wouldn't make another.

well it's the same one, soooooooo

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
forgot to post here but:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1433990/NGU_INDUSTRIES/

I finally got the store page for industries up on steam!

wishlists/follows help a lot :)

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

I really wish the 'show descriptions' thing actually told you what resources a thing would produce and consume. It wasn't too bad on the first go around, but gently caress me if I know what the half-dozen new critters I found on the second reset do, so I'm just clicking 'more numbers' and hoping for the best.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Bedurndurn posted:

I really wish the 'show descriptions' thing actually told you what resources a thing would produce and consume. It wasn't too bad on the first go around, but gently caress me if I know what the half-dozen new critters I found on the second reset do, so I'm just clicking 'more numbers' and hoping for the best.

That's exactly where I stopped playing Shark Game every time I tried.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah IC4 is just "sit around for an hour lol" unfortunately

I did it myself a few times just buying max every 16 seconds before looking at the guide and remembering you can just set your autobuyers to do that on their own :doh:

I really wish there was a way to define presets for autobuyer configs. Would be handy for challenges and for some stages where your early and late setups are different, like the first few eternities.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bedurndurn posted:

The grotto tab that opens up after the storage caverns research near the start of your run tells you all that.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Did this new release nerf turning algae into residue or did I remember it being better than it actually was?

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008

something posted:

forgot to post here but:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1433990/NGU_INDUSTRIES/

I finally got the store page for industries up on steam!

wishlists/follows help a lot :)

Game's not even out and just the steam page made me laugh, followed and wishlisted really lookin forward to it!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Red Minjo posted:

Did this new release nerf turning algae into residue or did I remember it being better than it actually was?

The changelog shows a whole bunch of nerfs to slow the game down. It doesn't really have any new content so far, it is just slower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Shark Game Mod

I am really interested in this. Shark Game is one of the best feeling incrementals, but the original game only lasts a couple of hours before it becomes too samey.