Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I'm looking for a TV commercial: San Pellegrino used to have a cool jingle that went "Dinner at Eight, San Pellegrino" or something like that, but I can't find it on the internet at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
A blog/site run by three women from the US, I read it around 2010. The posts were primarily about music and fashion. One of the blog runners was called something like Laura Jane.

I know there were a lot of posts about the Beastie Boys and maybe also Bruce Springsteen.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
ok guys i swear there was this thing like a kung fu film

i want to say there were two protagonists, like a boy and a girl? or it might have been just a boy idk. but the main thing was, the protagonist(s) have been training and are about to go on an adventure of some kind and i guess fight someone, and there's this old guy like an elder or martial arts master, and he says that that morning he woke up and for the first time in years had a huge erection, because this kid was about to go and have the adventure, and it was a miracle, and everyone is kind of embarrased but kind of joyful about it

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Maigius posted:

Holy poo poo that site is still up after being functionally defunct for over a decade. Thanks.

For a long time in the AltaVista days this was one of the few search results for my name. I think 4-5 of the ones I submitted ended up in the book.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

i want to say there were two protagonists, like a boy and a girl? or it might have been just a boy idk. but the main thing was, the protagonist(s) have been training and are about to go on an adventure of some kind and i guess fight someone, and there's this old guy like an elder or martial arts master, and he says that that morning he woke up and for the first time in years had a huge erection, because this kid was about to go and have the adventure, and it was a miracle, and everyone is kind of embarrased but kind of joyful about it

this either sounds like it's some kind of french anime, or you're misremembering ninja bachelor party

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

That sounds like a fever dream.

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong
I've been telling people for years that I remember seeing a segment on GMA or Today as a kid about getting hazmat suits for the family. It had to have been in the few months after 9/11 when anthrax was all over the news. If anyone else remembers this that's good enough for me.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
In fairness, I haven't looked in over ten years, but "a black and green trucker cap, that is ONLY black and lime green / similar shades, with no text or other colours, but with some kind of abstract design".

I remember saying this was a white whale to my friend at uni, and he was like "my mate has a skate shop, I'll hook you up". Saw him a few days later, he was wide eyed "you're right, theres no such thing!!!"

These days with etsy and the like I'm sure I can find one, and so now I'm off to try.

/edit: hmmmm, still not immediately obvious...

!Klams fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 5, 2021

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

!Klams posted:

In fairness, I haven't looked in over ten years, but "a black and green trucker cap, that is ONLY black and lime green / similar shades, with no text or other colours".

I remember saying this was a white whale to my friend at uni, and he was like "my mate has a skate shop, I'll hook you up". Saw him a few days later, he was wide eyed "you're right, theres no such thing!!!"

These days with etsy and the like I'm sure I can find one, and so now I'm off to try.

Would this work?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Ah, you got in before my edit, but, I want 'some' kind of design. I think that would work, and I could stitch my own badge on or something, yeah!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

!Klams posted:

In fairness, I haven't looked in over ten years, but "a black and green trucker cap, that is ONLY black and lime green / similar shades, with no text or other colours, but with some kind of abstract design".

/edit: hmmmm, still not immediately obvious...

I found some possible options.

https://www.amazon.com/Baseball-Geometry-Digital-Futuristic-Snapback/dp/B07WS3TMCB

https://hitadouble.com/products/oc-...AiABEgIHNvD_BwE

https://www.sweetorspicy.com/products/tribal-tree-of-life-trucker-hat

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Where the heck does my avatar come from. Some 80s/90s anime I guess?

I don't even know when or where I got it. It was randomly gifted to me at some point, but I don't even know from which thread because it took me a couple of days to even notice I had one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's from a series of fanart drawings of Mario, done in the style of Fist of the North Star. Your av is Bowser.

E: having a devil of a time finding that particular image but "manly Mario" and "super buff bros" bring up a couple other drawings from the series

Phy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 5, 2021

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Trying to find a video called I bet you aint seen nothing like this before where a guy fucks his rear end with his own penis.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

The Golden Man posted:

Trying to find a video called I bet you aint seen nothing like this before where a guy fucks his rear end with his own penis.
isn't that the guy who had that interview ages ago (http://www.eyeshot.net/aleingang1.html)

Q: In terms of fertility, have you ever worried about eating watermelon seeds and then growing a watermelon-type humanoid in your stomach? The pregnancy would make future solosuck sessions very difficult. Thoughts?
A: I will not even dignify this ridiculous query with a response. I do however worry about the butt-babies that might result from loving myself in the rear end and always use the rhythm method to determine those times of the month when it is safe to plow my mangina with my massive gently caress-stick and fill my hungry hole with a hot load of baby batter.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 5, 2021

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

e: thought better of

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 5, 2021

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Phy posted:

It's from a series of fanart drawings of Mario, done in the style of Fist of the North Star. Your av is Bowser.

E: having a devil of a time finding that particular image but "manly Mario" and "super buff bros" bring up a couple other drawings from the series

You're absolutely right. I couldn't find the source images but I found a crappy uncredited youtube reupload of it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOxawgbnLyI

That answers that! But only raises more questions as to 'where the gently caress was i posting that someone had this and thought to pay money to make it my avatar'...

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
A recent discussion in another thread has reminded me of a white whale I've had for a while. It's a video that was posted to the internet in about 2005-6 or so, of a guy (allegedly) on salvia. He's a bit more vocal than most people on hallucinogens are, and the one thing I remember is him insulting a friend by calling him "the weakest loving class in Nethack" (not sure that's an exact quote), early in the trip while he's still somewhat coherent. Anyone else remember that one? I know there were a lot of salvia videos in the mid 00s, but this one was especially funny to teenaged me and it's been lingering in the back of my memory for ages.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

tomjonesgoeswild.mp3

It was in an awful ringtones thread way back in the day. It's a clip of a Tom Jones song where he starts yelling and it loops and is hilarious.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Cowman posted:

tomjonesgoeswild.mp3

It was in an awful ringtones thread way back in the day. It's a clip of a Tom Jones song where he starts yelling and it loops and is hilarious.

Was it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8LEIZJKYyg

Actually I think there was an even more edited/mashed up version of this too

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

I gave up trying to get my mom to remember an ice cream dessert that came in a box.

Vienetta announced they were coming back AND solved a decades-long search.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

This would have been a book I read in the 1970s. It was a hardback. It was about a schlemiel guy who was living alone. A girl came and lived with him; he thought of himself as her rescuer. She turned out to be pregnant (not by him) and he was very happy and immediately started making plans for the baby. She had the baby, then one morning he woke up and found the baby's ashes in the furnace and was arrested by the police for its murder.

The last sentence is what always stuck with me. It was something like "I wondered where my dreams went. Did they circle around my heads like birds?"

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Wudz posted:

Was it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8LEIZJKYyg

Actually I think there was an even more edited/mashed up version of this too

It's a cut version of that but that's exactly it. Now to download and make it my ringtone :getin:

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

I come to you as a stranger, desperate and afraid. I have nowhere else to turn.

This is a classic episode of SCTV.

At 21:50, there is a version of "Motherless Child" that the cast lip-synchs. Who performed this version, and where may one purchase it?

(You can watch the episode, if you like, it's SCTV and it ruled)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_9nZBACMM4

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am intrigued too. Sounds like a stage version, almost? SCTV sometimes seemingly did its own musical numbers but yeah that is clearly lip-synched

Also I agree that everyone should watch more; I do not even really find SCTV funny much of the time, but its aesthetic is very Vaporwave as they did such excellent pop culture pastiches that some of their stuff is indistinguishable from real things you never heard of

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

I've been looking for the name of this educational hunting game. It had a big buff ranger/cop and you had to buy a hunting license, a gun, a gun safe and hunt only the correct animals at the right time or else you would end up in jail. I played it around 1999 or 2000. It also had a shooting gallery mini game where you shoot cartoon ducks with targets on them. The cursor was an open sight of a rifle which you could change the line up of the front sight when shooting. The animals and guns iirc were realistic but the sheriff/ranger was lucas arts games style cartoony. It was 2D with 3D sprites and on PC.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Back in the late 90's I remember seeing these kiosk displays in Walmart and Meijer that were selling new age music. There were buttons that you could press to listen to a track sample from multiple cds available for sale. For some reason I remember them being by the poster sections but I could be wrong. I'm trying to find a video or at least an image of them to show a friend. Does anyone remember these?

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

i remember them, but from “World of Science” at the mall. buy geodes and also panflute music

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

CaptainBeefart posted:

Back in the late 90's I remember seeing these kiosk displays in Walmart and Meijer that were selling new age music. There were buttons that you could press to listen to a track sample from multiple cds available for sale. For some reason I remember them being by the poster sections but I could be wrong. I'm trying to find a video or at least an image of them to show a friend. Does anyone remember these?

I deffo remember them and am pretty sure I saw them in Walmarts into the mid-00s. Sadly, I can't find pictures of them either, but I deffo remember their lovely squishy membrane buttons.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

A poor resolution photo from a GIS of "Walmart CD kiosk":

It was posted by gospel singer Sandi Patty on Facebook in 2015 so who knows. There may still be some around in 2021.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Sir Not Appearing posted:

A poor resolution photo from a GIS of "Walmart CD kiosk":

It was posted by gospel singer Sandi Patty on Facebook in 2015 so who knows. There may still be some around in 2021.

I think this image is the close I'm going to get. Thanks for the input everyone!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

CaptainBeefart posted:

Somewhat similar: Walmart had CD listening stations where you could put on headphones and scan a cd's barcode to listen to it.

You can see it in this commercial:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUvnEjLvpo8

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

CaptainBeefart posted:

I think this image is the close I'm going to get. Thanks for the input everyone!

I can't find an image, but I'm betting it's a Putumayo CD kiosk. Putumayo does world music, and I remember playing with the kiosk in a vaguely-Eastern syncretistic bookstore. Bought the albums, too. See if the style of the covers looks familiar.

https://www.putumayo.com/music

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

There was also NorthSound records which apparently released new age and nature sounds albums up to the early 2000s and primarily sold in kiosks. I remember one at the Calgary Zoo gift shop as a kid which lead me to this image:

That lovely woman is mostly blocking the view of the kiosk but it's definitely what I remember.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Chicken posted:

There was also NorthSound records which apparently released new age and nature sounds albums up to the early 2000s and primarily sold in kiosks. I remember one at the Calgary Zoo gift shop as a kid which lead me to this image:

That lovely woman is mostly blocking the view of the kiosk but it's definitely what I remember.

Nancy Pelosi has had a strange career

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

poo poo me, that first one is basically what I've been looking for! gently caress! Thanks dude!

Rascallion
Feb 10, 2014

Literally A Person posted:

Christmas related white whale:

I'm looking for a group of toys that were popular when I was a little kid (late 80's/early 90's). They were simple wooden dolls that I think are sized and shaped like "little people" toys. The most specific thing I can remember about them is that they had a train and where the tracks connected were shaped kind of like the edge of a puzzle piece. There were houses and maybe like a playground set up as well. I really want to get some of these for my little one but I CANNOT freaking find these things. Maybe they don't even exist...

Ikea has a pretty full line:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/wooden-toys-18738/

There are a multiple toy companies out there that do wooden trains/trucks. They are all kind of plug and play.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

There was a Mad Magazine comic (I'm pretty sure it was Mad) where an artist was staring at a blank canvas and struggling with creativity. So he takes LSD and then paints the entire room, but the canvas is still blank. Maybe it was Far Side, who knows.

I think Mad is scanned/archived... I had a giant CD set at one point in my misspent youth. but not the kind of thing you can search for and god knows when I saw it (or how old the issue was).

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

!Klams posted:

poo poo me, that first one is basically what I've been looking for! gently caress! Thanks dude!

Nice! I had a good feeling about that first hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

Christmas related white whale:

I'm looking for a group of toys that were popular when I was a little kid (late 80's/early 90's). They were simple wooden dolls that I think are sized and shaped like "little people" toys. The most specific thing I can remember about them is that they had a train and where the tracks connected were shaped kind of like the edge of a puzzle piece. There were houses and maybe like a playground set up as well. I really want to get some of these for my little one but I CANNOT freaking find these things. Maybe they don't even exist...

Roughly how big were the dolls? I'm betting the trains were Brio.