Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wait, what how does that work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

not a single rubber bullet or gas can in sight.

must have used them all up against leftists, huh?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Basticle posted:

wait, what how does that work

its just the army of northern virginia

nothing to worry about

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Has anyone checked Lee’s grave?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
How active would the capitol have been today? Would there have been many representatives, senators and their respective staff present?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Platystemon posted:

Yeah I think that’s just the talking head making up comforting lies.

Like seriously, what would the consequences be for some minor jurisdictional misstep?

In the capitol? Someone's career, most likely

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fragrag posted:

How active would the capitol have been today? Would there have been many representatives, senators and their respective staff present?

Given that they were certifying the electoral vote today, yes I imagine there were a bunch of people there.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fragrag posted:

They were literally in the middle of the joint session counting the electoral votes when this went down, everyone was there

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Fragrag posted:

All of them, plus Pence. It was a joint session of Congress

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yes. Everyone was there because there are laws requiring them to be there to certify the electoral college results.

E: beaten like portland antifa

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fragrag posted:

It’s as full as it gets outside of the State of the Union.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Midjack posted:

On one hand, not letting the military roll up whenever they feel like it regardless of laws is a good thing. On the other, I feel like the DoD should have responded with “can’t send the DC Guard but here’s the people we can send” but I wasn’t in the room for those conversations.

There isn't a genderme. The DoD doesn't have a force that its supposed to announce, thats firmly DHS territory. If the DoD has to take action, especially on American soil, you're generally gonna read about it after the fact.

Platystemon posted:

Yeah I think that’s just the talking head making up comforting lies.

Like seriously, what would the consequences be for some minor jurisdictional misstep?

Would be? Hard to say. Could be? Everything.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Fragrag posted:

Really? They were supposed to certify the electoral college counts today.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Fragrag posted:

All of Congress was present today to officially confirm the Electoral College votes.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Everyone's been saying for months that chuds can do whatever they want with zero pushback but holy gently caress I didn't think that would include storming the actual capitol :stare:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Grip it and rip it posted:

In the capitol? Someone's career, most likely

Hmm it’s true.

The person pulling the lever on the trolley gets the scapegoat treatment.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Full guard inbound.

https://twitter.com/RepSlotkin/status/1346918933937401858?s=19

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Everyone's been saying for months that chuds can do whatever they want with zero pushback but holy gently caress I didn't think that would include storming the actual capitol :stare:

as long as they do not protest police violence against anyone with dark skin the police will treat them nicer

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

gently caress this noise, I'm going to bed.
I'll resume drinking tomorrow

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Thanks for the replies all, gently caress I didn't realise that was today and they were legally required to be physically present to certify the results

(eurogoon here)

Fragrag fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 6, 2021

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

This is what scares me more than anything.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm watching FOX to rub my dad's nose in this poo poo and am worried for that reporter on Pennsylvania Avenue because of FAKE NEWWWWWWWS. At least get him a FOX mic collar.

GIVE 'EM HELL, UNCLE BILLY.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol.

So glad I bought bullets six months ago. Because everything is fixing to be sold the gently caress out again.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I was going to ask if MD and VA can invade DC

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

What’s the likelihood that Mitch and the rest of congress-wherever they have been whisked away to-have started talking real seriously about the 25th Amendment?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Well VA was keen to try in 1861.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

What’s the likelihood that Mitch and the rest of congress-wherever they have been whisked away to-have started talking real seriously about the 25th Amendment?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

they voted to keep trump in power when he did crimes on the record and didnt say anything about his latest perfect phone call

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

please shut the gently caress up forever

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
I wasnt planning on watching a pregnant woman get shot in the neck in the US senate today, but here i am.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

SURELY the right wing reactionaries in this country wouldn't start a SECOND civil war said the utter poo poo for brains

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

PookBear posted:

SURELY the right wing reactionaries in this country wouldn't start a SECOND civil war said the utter poo poo for brains

All because a reality TV show host got his feelings hurt at a banquet. The history books are going to have to come with a note at the end of each paragraph saying "yes, this is real."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/RepCawthorn/status/1346919529448960002

That’s… one way of wording it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DC National Guard activated.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

VA took its part back already, why not go for the whole thing?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I posted months ago that those saying "our institutions will be resilient and there's nothing Trump can do" were being dangerously naive about how willing the fascists would be to, ya know, be fascists. And here we are.

This attack is inciting fascists across the country and giving them hope they can achieve their aims through violence. I think we'll be able to get things under control, unless the rest of the GOP pero decides to cross the Rubicon, but this is one of the darkest days in American democracy.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1287877621380837378

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I hate this loving shithead.

e: vvv seems overly optimistic. They'll have to sweep for bombs and other surprises left behind. And that says nothing about the crowds outside.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Alrighty, looks like the worst is done.

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1346922287866507271?s=19