Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1346927158384414725

oh Teddy you're watching Rome burn while Nero eats KFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

What did Biden say after he left and came back? PBS had it muted.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Craig K posted:

drat, one of her hundreds of insane screeds came kinda true but not as bad as she predicted, i'm loving shocked pikachuing all over the place here

A good faith post.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ok, so he's going to be in charge of literally everything in 2 weeks. Does he have literally any sort of plan for how to fix any of this poo poo?

before all this popped off he announced that his AG was going to be a guy who initially made his mark prosecuting domestic terrorists

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I looked it up, the Lincoln speech Biden just invoked came from Dec 1862, so, as the Civil War was actively exploding in earnest.

I just thought that was worth pointing out; these things probably aren't accidents?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CodeJanitor posted:

Biden is 100% not capable of handling this scenario.

Hes at least trying and has competent people around him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

EvilHawk posted:

Presumably they can't re-enter the capital building any time soon? It's an active crime scene, someone was literally shot.

Also if there were multiple bombs found that probably puts a big delay on things

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Was she killed?

She looked really dead in the video of her going down. Lifeless eyes like that after a neck GSW.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CodeJanitor posted:

Biden is 100% not capable of handling this scenario.

Most of the party isn't.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TGLT posted:

Nah, this is more like some Roman poo poo. This is decline in the imperial core and a bunch of reactionary dipshits pushed on a wall only to discover it was soft and rotten.

It's not roman until the capitol police are helping to shoot the legislature because they weren't paid enough.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1346914230814068740

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Not gonna go anywhere, unfortunately, but at least it's an attempt to take action.

they should at least make it the norm. even if there are only a handful of good congresspeople, they should still constantly introduce things like this to normalize it

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Is Biden actually saying anything, or is it just a loop of "come together, america better than this, this not our values"?

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Youth Decay posted:

He doesn't want to make president baby even angrier so he has to walk on eggshells

Or, you know, the thousands of protestors who are currently in the capitol?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
wait I'm confused this wasn't on the CNN flowchart for things that could happen today

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Stop posting about Prester Jane or I will start probating. You all know better.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

EvilHawk posted:

Presumably they can't re-enter the capital building any time soon? It's an active crime scene, someone was literally shot.

They're gonna have to sweep everywhere, several times over, to make sure these terrorists didn't plant bombs anywhere, I don't anticipate them being actually physically back there for a good while

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

accounts suspended

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Byzantine posted:

Is Biden actually saying anything, or is it just a loop of "come together, america better than this, this not our values"?

I caught a few minutes and it seems like mostly the latter except he seemed kinda shook to me, for Joe Biden

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

OwlFancier posted:

It's not roman until the capitol police are helping to shoot the legislature because they weren't paid enough.

After which they'll send out a statement saying that the presidency is up for grabs "for the right price".

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

wizzardstaff posted:

Don't they have to be charged and convicted while he's still in office? Will the system move that fast?

On top of that, he'ld have to actually give a poo poo about someone other than himself.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Byzantine posted:

He said the word "insurrection" which is stronger than I expected but the rest of it was exactly what you described.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bottom Liner posted:

as opposed to the guns they had today?

I didn't see many guns.

Also real glad to see so many calm posters here watching an attempted coup over a loving game show host led by people who would rip Pelosi or Cortez limb from limb on live video if they had the chance but, hey, I guess storming the capitol building while chanting USA uSA is no biggie.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/AustinKellerman/status/1346928412296937473

congratulations on your Pulitzer

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Byzantine posted:

That and asking Trump to call off his goons. It was nothing, a silent and odorless far.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I don't even like Biden but his little speech was fine. He called it a riot/insurrection/sedition and is leaning real hard into being the opposite of Trump at a time when all decent people want Trump strung up.

Even hypothetical president elect Sanders wouldn't go up there and yell BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS or something. Some of y'all are too committed to your gimmicks, man.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

There has to be some old rear end legislation regarding this, even if most of the Reconstruction stuff got taken back after 1876.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

true, true. also need to auction off at least one major office.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

wizzardstaff posted:

Don't they have to be charged and convicted while he's still in office? Will the system move that fast?

Absolutely not, people can be pardoned before they're charged.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Biden coming down and saying they're going to be prosecuted isn't going to make these people just magically go "Oh gee golly better stop" if anything it's going to incite them to dig deeper into "try it". They just stormed the loving capital and got away with it their bravado is terrifying right now and I rather troops swiftly disarm them instead of an old man in Delaware provoking them.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346928882595885058

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Edit sorry IKs

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Trump had been re-elected there wouldn’t have been another real election. No way is this an exaggeration now.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

I'm scared. Someone hold me.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

after poo poo gets bad, add in "Pentagon drags its feet about calling in the National Guard for hours while the mob takes over the Capitol building, several states say they are going to send in their National Guard to help, THEN DC calls in its National Guardsmen (apparently)"

Dude, the pentagon responding in less than 2 hours is blitzkrieg of activity.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Most of the party isn't.

Can we please not turn a literal riot in the Capitol into "dems bad" chat?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

OwlFancier posted:

Give it a bit.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

After which they'll send out a statement saying that the presidency is up for grabs "for the right price".

Bloomberg's long game comes to fruition.:tinfoil:

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Has this wound down now? From the "live" view ABC had on moments ago looked like not a lot of protestors just milling about in front of the building and only a handful of police in a line with an eye on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

First of May posted:

What did Biden say after he left and came back? PBS had it muted.

He was basically saying he was not worried about the inauguration; that America will stand up against this. "Enough is enough is enough".