Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Acebuckeye13 posted:

who the gently caress is calling mcnally an rear end in a top hat

You're a great mod and a good dude man.

edit: not bad as far as page snipes go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

In other news I still can't get over these people sacking and looting the US Capitol but also respecting the boundaries of the velvet rope the entire time they were doing it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1346971953106661384

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Mr. Nice! posted:

She looked like an insurgent to me.

FTFY

They're not protestors, they are domestic terrorists.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I don't want to think about what they would have done if they got ahold of her. They hate her with a passion as intense as it ever was for Hillary. That one dude hopping around the senate chambers with the ziptie handcuffs was scary as gently caress.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We're back at it.

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/1346972917662273536

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

That looks like a very different window than the one the woman was trying to crawl through—she was trying to get through a very tall double door in a hallway at the top of a stairwell.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon posted:

There’s going to be a brisk business in gold‐topped canes. bigass gun canes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vortex Street posted:

That looks like a very different window than the one the woman was trying to crawl through—she was trying to get through a very tall double door in a hallway at the top of a stairwell.

May be. It‘s from thedonald.win, and obviously I’m not going to put it past them to be sick glory hounds.

I saw the video once, said “looks pretty fatal”, and didn’t watch it again.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Brute Squad posted:

:this:

You're a good mod McNally. Do what you feel you need to do, but I hope you come back.

for content
https://twitter.com/willjennings80/status/1346946815422320641?s=20

The breakdowns and analyses of today are probably gonna be dumb as hell. But I hope some people wake up and realize how much decorum and norms have just failed to prevent something like this from happening and take some real action.

Lmao I already heard some brit reporter talking about how he didn't think they could have seen this coming and it was wtf as hell. It was literally being talked about in this thread before the end of last year :psyduck:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I've been guilty of the worst violence in language myself, in many senses of that. I'm sorry for having added to that dark psychic energy. Discourse in gip has actually really improved under McNally moderation. It was a big help for me, personally, to be around* other vets and sailors and hear it's not ok to use slurs. I say get the hammer out, throw some probes around if you need to, because we're all assholes here.

---break---

I think the capitol protesters should be allowed to stand in the streets and yell and wave signs etc
I think nobody is calling for more violence really from the cops, it's just that this response from the police lays bare how intentional the violence was done on the summer protests. What's worth defending, and what level of violence is appropriate? For the police, their own institutional power is more valuable than the guts of our republic.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Grace4NY/status/1346967836422451200

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Senators are now begging @jack to ban trump for 14 days instead of 12 hours, what a cool society we have built.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

PookBear posted:

watching someone bleed out while draped in a trump flag loving rules

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pook did nothing wrong. sister 100% hosed around and found out, was also attempting to overthrow a democratically elected government at the urging of a person who is literally insane.

it's not like he photoshopped deal with it sunglasses dropped over her dead lifeless eyes. a video where someone dies isn't exactly my cup of tea and like... I'd prefer she had stayed home today, but i will 100% take some kind of morbid amusement over a bad person having consequences for their actions.

McNally, don't quit over this. It's D-tier drama folks (myself included) are having a real one today because we're watching banana republic poo poo play out on television. Wait until Lowtax chastises you for being to hard on people making jokes at the expense of trans people and go out like a boss.

e: last i heard dark humor was a gip trademark, it's how some folks deal with trauma :shrug:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

We love you McNally

Rally 'round McNally

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/TimDownie1/status/1346939553354043392?s=20

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/1346974434234667009?s=20

Dems taking the gloves off! #resist #dumpdrumpf

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Hegel Exercises posted:

I'd prefer she had stayed home today, but i will 100% take some kind of morbid amusement over a bad person having consequences for their actions.

It's dumb because it's been discussed and spelled out extremely loving clearly over and over in the last year not to post ghoulish poo poo about people dying itt. Pook knew exactly what he was doing, so yea he deserved it. He hosed around and he found out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pryor on Fire posted:

Senators are now begging @jack to ban trump for 14 days instead of 12 hours, what a cool society we have built.

Even Manchin.

https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/1346974434234667009

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hey it's the mattering, I think

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/11thhour/status/1346958469073661953?s=21

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Imagine inciting a coup attempt and knowing the only pushback you'd get was people calling for a 2 week twitter ban

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Soooooo... uuuuh...

https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1346960706512576514?s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hegel Exercises posted:

pook did nothing wrong. sister 100% hosed around and found out, was also attempting to overthrow a democratically elected government at the urging of a person who is literally insane.

it's not like he photoshopped deal with it sunglasses dropped over her dead lifeless eyes. a video where someone dies isn't exactly my cup of tea and like... I'd prefer she had stayed home today, but i will 100% take some kind of morbid amusement over a bad person having consequences for their actions.

McNally, don't quit over this. It's D-tier drama folks (myself included) are having a real one today because we're watching banana republic poo poo play out on television. Wait until Lowtax chastises you for being to hard on people making jokes at the expense of trans people and go out like a boss.

e: last i heard dark humor was a gip trademark, it's how some folks deal with trauma :shrug:

Did you really come out of retirement to defend that post?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

A lot of these people in the capitol earlier (not the ones with the zipties) remind me of me and my dumbass friends when we broke into a movie theater when I was 17, like "Oh poo poo look where we are look we're touching the projector look we're touching the movie screen haha this is so crazy" except we were 17 and dumb and not adults breaking into one of the 3 pillars of american democracy. A bunch of them were respecting the velvet ropes and looking sort of awed that they were there which frankly leads me to feel like they were not expecting for a second to actually be there and it was sort of a treat. They should all be prosecuted of course just like I would have been if I had been caught in that movie theater but like...christ, it makes the police look even stupider for how easily they got in. Sorry if this is incoherent, I've been drinking for 5 hours.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
all the senators/congress people who refuse to accept the results of the election or sent messages trying to incite people into doing this should be removed from office full stop

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy poo poo I go and play some cyberpunk and take a nap and there's an insurrection and mcnally quits jesus christ

Hey, does it seem like pence is mad because trump sent a mob to cut his head off on live tv?

What a day.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

cyberpunk's on tv dude

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ya, right. sure. ok.

Primus
May 14, 2007

Greater than the sum of his parts.
I mostly lurk this sub forum because the CAF thread isn’t very busy but seriously don’t quit McNally.

Also, holy poo poo I never thought I’d live to see an attempted coup in the US.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Fallom posted:

cyberpunk's on tv dude

Pretty sure I saw one of the traitors T-posing so you might be on to something.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pantslesswithwolves posted:

If there’s one thing I’ll never forgive Trump for, it’s killing my empathy. I never would have wanted to wish violence on Americans before; now I want to see everyone who stormed the Capitol today put up against a wall and shot for treason. Same with the maskless, the COVID deniers, everyone who couldn’t put aside their own selfishness and privilege for one goddamn second for the sake of their neighbors. I blame Trump for all of that and I’ll never be able to forgive him or any of his rotten crotch spawn or his whore wife for what they’ve done to us all.

Yeah, exactly this.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It's one thing to cheer a dipshit insurrectionist getting domed, it's another thing to post that.

Edit that poo poo dude.

Edit: good

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, exactly this.

good edit. very good edit.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Fallom posted:

cyberpunk's on tv dude

I knew i had to catch up on the lore but I didn't think I'd get a live viewing.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
gently caress this earth. Drinking tequila and trying to forget this poo poo for a while but I have massive heartburn and I keep watching the news and refreshing this thread.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hegel Exercises posted:

Seriously eat poo poo.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

A lot of these people in the capitol earlier (not the ones with the zipties) remind me of me and my dumbass friends when we broke into a movie theater when I was 17, like "Oh poo poo look where we are look we're touching the projector look we're touching the movie screen haha this is so crazy" except we were 17 and dumb and not adults breaking into one of the 3 pillars of american democracy. A bunch of them were respecting the velvet ropes and looking sort of awed that they were there which frankly leads me to feel like they were not expecting for a second to actually be there and it was sort of a treat. They should all be prosecuted of course just like I would have been if I had been caught in that movie theater but like...christ, it makes the police look even stupider for how easily they got in. Sorry if this is incoherent, I've been drinking for 5 hours.

Its just a mob. Most of them aren't really malicious or responsible. Some of the streams were just talking about wandering around till they got bored and left. There weren't any real objectives. After all, the leaders, the people that actually incited it, don't actually want to associate themselves or follow through. No Republican reps were outside with them leading it despite their months of incitement.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I went hiking and made it 14 miles before I almost died from exhaustion and missed almost all of the day I can't recommend this enough it's a great way to just check out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Do you have a method where i don't have to almost die