Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Walt and Louise Simonson working on an X-Factor story.

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1345920411725402112?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Louise did a Power Pack thing not that long ago, didn't she?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

Louise did a Power Pack thing not that long ago, didn't she?

Yeah. I think it was before COVID shut down comics for a month.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Piotr in X-Force has made it abundantly clear that he never wants to be "in the field" again and is content with working intelligence and behind the scenes.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Colossus winning the vote to be in the X-Men would be a great gently caress you to Beast after what he did in X-Force so even if he doesn't want to be in the field I want him to get most of the votes :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just want all of the original five to get lots of votes except beast. maybe even time-displaced young beast who isn't even around any more could get more than beast.

yeah, it kind of sucks that previous, likable versions of beast are gone, probably for good. but he's just so fun to hate!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Beast is elected to be in the X-Men, is impeached for crimes against humanity within weeks.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I would definitely love to see more Dazzler. When was the last time she did anything? A-Force?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I would definitely love to see more Dazzler. When was the last time she did anything? A-Force?

Dazzler is supposed to be super famous in universe, isn't she? Like if Gwen Stefani was a super hero instead of sitting in a swivel chair on The Voice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who’s worse: Beast or Dark Beast?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Marauders and Excalibur will be getting oversized hardcover releases according to Near Mint Condition on Youtube (I believe they have insider ties at Marvel).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Who’s worse: Beast or Dark Beast?

There's like barely a difference between them now.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Skwirl posted:

Dazzler is supposed to be super famous in universe, isn't she? Like if Gwen Stefani was a super hero instead of sitting in a swivel chair on The Voice.

Dazzler is massively famous even if her popularity varies based on the writer. Lila Cheny too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JordanKai posted:

Marauders and Excalibur will be getting oversized hardcover releases according to Near Mint Condition on Youtube (I believe they have insider ties at Marvel).

I think he's said he's sponsored by them? So I assume the collected editions guy slips him a 20 to promote the books among the completists?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

rantmo posted:

Dazzler is massively famous even if her popularity varies based on the writer. Lila Cheny too.

I think the last we saw her her fame had become more kitschy than actual celebrity, like Madonna or Cher.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think the last we saw her her fame had become more kitschy than actual celebrity, like Madonna or Cher.

Yeah but that was loving Rosenberg's run wasn't it? gently caress that run. Dazzler is awesome I hope she gets featured and has a good writer.

radlum
May 13, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Yeah, their info is usually trustworthy, at least on Marvel stuff; they always mention a guy who is on Sales and Marketing on Marvel by name (you can actually see his name on most modern trades), so I trust them for Marvel announcements.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
As someone who quit reading X books in the early 90s and has only kept up via Wiki articles, I'm loving where this is going.

Was Cable #7 delayed?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Both X-Factor and Hellions were very good this week. And the other weeks, too, honestly.

I managed to forget whatever stuff I read with Nanny nearly three decades ago. What was that thing in the final panel? I imagine it's a big no-no for the council, considering what just transpired pages before.

Also, I wanna re-read that goddess stuff with Siryn. I know it's from somewhere in PAD's final issues of his X-Factor run, but if someone knows the exact issue that would be appreciated. Found it. Issues #243 and #244 (2012)

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 6, 2021

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Saoshyant posted:

I managed to forget whatever stuff I read with Nanny nearly three decades ago. What was that thing in the final panel? I imagine it's a big no-no for the council, considering what just transpired pages before.

I thought it was a baby Smiley robot, but I'm not sure if robots make babies.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I thought it was a baby Smiley robot, but I'm not sure if robots make babies.

I think that was the implication as well.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I love that the idea of AI Vs Mutants is still being in play; it's one of my favorite ideas of HoXPoX and I want to see where it leads

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Am I the only one getting this weird sense of, like, a lot of mutants nowadays are just being really aggro to humans for the smallest of provocations? The X-Factor team drew weapons on some CSI guys literally doing their jobs and as far as I can tell Polaris started to just...levitate one around for shits and giggles? Did I read this right?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Every mutant with a significantly enough sized chip on their shoulder about humans is now in a position where they can exercise their beefs as long as it doesn't escalate beyond petty aggressions. I'll be curious what happens if we get to the point where there is a mutant who is actively maiming humans but not killing them, because as it stands, I think that might be legal in Krakoa?

Also, can you imagine going back and telling someone reading X-books in 2012 that Cyclops would one day be the most diplomatic mutant?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

BrianWilly posted:

The X-Factor team drew weapons on some CSI guys literally doing their jobs and as far as I can tell Polaris started to just...levitate one around for shits and giggles? Did I read this right?

Apparently you didn't if you missed that fuckwit was calling a cheerful 12 year old boy "disgusting" to his face. Polaris and the others took issue with the aforementioned fuckwit.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 7, 2021

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The mutants vs. AI thing really paints Xavier and company in a poor light. Like, imagine if Warlock knew about this? Maybe that's why Doug was hiding him?

It was lovely for them to do what they did to the robots.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's mildly funny how iron man just got done with an extended storyline about how ai have rights as sentient beings and this will not come up in x-books at all.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Apparently you didn't if you missed that oval office was calling a cheerful 12 year old boy "disgusting" to his face. Polaris and the others took issue with the aforementioned oval office.
I get that he was a oval office, but you're really not allowed to assault people no matter what names they call you.

It's also kind of a weird writing thing of there being some inciting hateful speech, Lorna waiting a bit to have a deep meaningful conversation with Northstar for three whole pages, and then just casually going back to toss a guy around.

(Also....twelve? Are we sure? :raise:)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I get that he was a oval office, but you're really not allowed to assault people no matter what names they call you.

I haven't read the issue yet, but that's not true in the slightest.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

BrianWilly posted:

If I could levitate people who called me slurs away from me I would, this would go doubly true if the slurs were directed at a young person I cared about.

Saoshyant posted:

Apparently you didn't if you missed that oval office was calling a cheerful 12 year old boy "disgusting" to his face. Polaris and the others took issue with the aforementioned oval office.

Also for goodness sake don't use the c-word, it's obnoxious to look at.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 7, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

For more evidence of it being possible to call someone enough terrible poo poo you absolutely deserve getting hit in the face, go figure out why #twistedtea was trending on twitter a week ago.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I haven't read the issue yet, but that's not true in the slightest.
I cannot possibly emphasize how much you're not allowed to physically harm someone simply because they called you names. It has nothing to do with whether they deserve it or not. It's literally illegal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I cannot possibly emphasize how much you're not allowed to physically harm someone simply because they called you names. It has nothing to do with whether they deserve it or not. It's literally illegal.

What does legal have to do with it? like 90% of what the X-Men have ever done has technically been illegal. If that's you're standard Colossus, Banshee, Wolverine and a poo poo ton of people should never have even been on the X-Men because they never went through immigration on their first visit to Westchester.

When you said "allowed" I thought you meant in a moral sense. From a legal perspective we don't know if the general amnesty mutants have for crimes in the human world has expired and there's no explicit Krakoan law that says you can't hit humans (or mutants either, mutants actually have less legal protections than humans in Krakoa).

Are you gonna object if Wolverine drives 65 in a 60 mph zone in X-Force?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 7, 2021

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Ok I promise to never levitate anybody.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I will make no such promises. I will levitate the people who insult me, and I will levitate the people who just want a good time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think mutants should be meaner to humans

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The events in Hellions made me wonder if maybe the ultimate message of Hickman's run is going to be that the Moira gang are wrong, because they're just as afraid of the future (re; post-human/mutant cybernetic life) as baseline humans are afraid of mutants.

And if that's the direction it goes, I bet a major turning point is going to involve Cable, the most prominent mutant cyborg, as well as frequent this-guy-represents-the-future-guy. That might even be why they kept baby Cable around, so that it'll be more poignant if he gets made into a cyber-martyr

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

OnimaruXLR posted:

The events in Hellions made me wonder if maybe the ultimate message of Hickman's run is going to be that the Moira gang are wrong, because they're just as afraid of the future (re; post-human/mutant cybernetic life) as baseline humans are afraid of mutants.

And if that's the direction it goes, I bet a major turning point is going to involve Cable, the most prominent mutant cyborg, as well as frequent this-guy-represents-the-future-guy. That might even be why they kept baby Cable around, so that it'll be more poignant if he gets made into a cyber-martyr

This is interesting. I don't think one of the things Moria tried was to work with the robots.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Everything else Hickman has written for Marvel has involved warnings about a future that his own book makes impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

What does legal have to do with it? like 90% of what the X-Men have ever done has technically been illegal. If that's you're standard Colossus, Banshee, Wolverine and a poo poo ton of people should never have even been on the X-Men because they never went through immigration on their first visit to Westchester.

When you said "allowed" I thought you meant in a moral sense. From a legal perspective we don't know if the general amnesty mutants have for crimes in the human world has expired and there's no explicit Krakoan law that says you can't hit humans (or mutants either, mutants actually have less legal protections than humans in Krakoa).

Are you gonna object if Wolverine drives 65 in a 60 mph zone in X-Force?
Look, there are a lot of laws that really suck, and there are other laws that are in place for a reason. And as cathartic as it is to opine online about punching fascists and so forth, I also strongly feel that "You can't actually attack someone just because they made you mad" is a pretty good rule that protects a lot of people and if you ignore that rule there should be consequences. If the past twenty-four hours has shown anything it's that what's allowed or not shouldn't be decided by people who think they get to do anything they want just because they're mad.

As far as the Krakoa narrative goes, this island has been a shady cult from day one so the moral barometer's already set pretty low, but the idea that now even the well-behaved mutants think they can just casually use their powers to dunk on humans if they don't like what they say is an even extra shadier precedent to be setting. It used to be the exact sort of thing that the X-Men would condemn, and it's one thing if the characters in-story can't recognize that 'cuz of their slow indoctrination, but another thing if the readers or writers don't see it either.