Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Iron Crowned posted:

Everything negative people say about cats is a smear campaign by dog owners. Dog owners insist on making everyone just as miserable as they are

I love dogs and I love cats, but I have cats because I don't have enough free time or money to take care of a dog. I hate 99% of dog owners because neither do they, so they just leave them in their loving yard all day.

anyway, here's a cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
More fuzzy belly

zakharov posted:

Does anyone have a longer cat than Tater here? No.

I don't know if Sully's that long, but she stretches pretty well.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Oh no no, this simply will not do!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

That is one classy fuckin cat

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo my tabbys are cuddling... Sorta. They're not fighting though!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Today they've decided they're pals and will share the bed after an intense wrestling session.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
f a t

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Doing the classic Micatangelo pose

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk3NuE6W_GM

Here’s Lenny the corgi fighting his forever war against the birthday balloons we hung up for my daughter’s birthday a couple days ago. Special guest appearance by Franklin the wonder dachshund.

Bonus video of a Pig Honking Sunday demonstration if you missed it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDBmLpv9dg

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

gently caress pulling the photos off my phone and transferring them to imgur, I'm just going to link Fiona tweets from me and my roommate

https://twitter.com/HammyDeVito/status/1341633809905721344

https://twitter.com/HammyDeVito/status/1341472930484559872

https://twitter.com/HammyDeVito/status/1340323197309218816

https://twitter.com/SkookumSam/status/1327839292253618176

https://twitter.com/SkookumSam/status/1325373248113045504

https://twitter.com/SkookumSam/status/1315191631797198854

I know I know my roommate takes better cat pictures than I do

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Moody boy alert

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i thought this was a funny picture

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Caesar Saladin posted:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
BoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX!!!!!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Caesar Saladin posted:

:imunfunny:

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Oh no no, this simply will not do!
It took about 5 months and nightly sneaking up on them, but we finally found them cuddling.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My twenty year old cat Figaro. She unfortunately didn’t survive 2020.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

It's a cat.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Sully likes sitting on my lap, but every once in a while she'll sit on the side of my lap for some reason.

Caesar Saladin posted:

:v:

ruddiger posted:

My twenty year old cat Figaro. She unfortunately didn’t survive 2020.

She was beautiful :love:

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

Very good catte

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TeachesOfPeaches posted:

Very good catte

:3:I think so:3:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My cats are kinda wierd looking, any advise? Besides learning how to post images.

http://imgur.com/gallery/TUMt8iq

Treecko fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 3, 2021

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Treecko posted:

My cats are kinda wierd looking, any advise? Besides learning how to post images.

you can right click each photo in the album to copy the image url and then paste them to get img tags added around them

weird cats tho

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Your cat has never budded a mini-cat before?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

He used to sit like this and judge me.
He's doing it from heaven now:emo:

Down to my 2 grey bois now

This guy comes around and hangs out in the garden with me sometimes.
I give him food and have a bed box set up for him.
We had to treat him for ear mites during the summer they had gotten pretty bad.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I love it when cats sit like this.

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 8, 2021

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Sir Nose posted:

I laugh at and take a picture of my cat every time she does

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

0% neck

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Here's Sammy, she's usually pretty okay when she's not puking.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Sir Nose posted:

What's with his eye?

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

finalellipsis posted:

I love dogs and I love cats, but I have cats because I don't have enough free time or money to take care of a dog. I hate 99% of dog owners because neither do they, so they just leave them in their loving yard all day.

Reminds me of my old housemate's dog. Half border collie and needed almost constant attention. Not for pats or cuddles, but work. Needed to catch balls all day long, and go for jogs to the park to catch more balls. Poor guy got super lonely during the day and barked and dug up the garden and I never got my deposit back.

But that's awesome! A dog like that is the best possible exercise buddy.

Sorry I don't have a picture, he was always super blurry due to moving around so much.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

What's with his eye?

Not sure. Spalding was a stray. When he first showed up and started hanging around the house over 15 years ago, both eyes were normal. A couple of years later, his right eye turned super-dark brown/black over the course of just a couple of weeks. Something triggered rapid production of excess pigment in the eye; the vet thought it could have been caused by an injury from fighting with another cat, or maybe cancer. The only way to diagnose cancer would have been to remove the eyeball for pathology... Maybe if he were a totally indoor cat, we would have considered it. Maybe. But at that time, Spalding was still spending most of his time outside on the streets and we figured better to have two eyes and potential shortened life due to cancer, rather than to be out there without stereoscopic vision and at a definite disadvantage in his rough 'n' tumble world. (These days he's a grumpy old man spending the vast majority of the time inside. When he does go outside, he never wanders off the property.) So now, years later, it is apparent it was not cancer as there was no metastasis and he's always been in good health. It seems he is not blind in the eye, it's just a different color.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

...sweet...

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Sir Nose posted:

Not sure. Spalding was a stray. When he first showed up and started hanging around the house over 15 years ago, both eyes were normal. A couple of years later, his right eye turned super-dark brown/black over the course of just a couple of weeks. Something triggered rapid production of excess pigment in the eye; the vet thought it could have been caused by an injury from fighting with another cat, or maybe cancer. The only way to diagnose cancer would have been to remove the eyeball for pathology... Maybe if he were a totally indoor cat, we would have considered it. Maybe. But at that time, Spalding was still spending most of his time outside on the streets and we figured better to have two eyes and potential shortened life due to cancer, rather than to be out there without stereoscopic vision and at a definite disadvantage in his rough 'n' tumble world. (These days he's a grumpy old man spending the vast majority of the time inside. When he does go outside, he never wanders off the property.) So now, years later, it is apparent it was not cancer as there was no metastasis and he's always been in good health. It seems he is not blind in the eye, it's just a different color.

That's good to hear :)

My cats where all over the shop today, I had to fix the snowblower and opened the garage door and they get in and go everywhere. I don't like it, in some places there are lots of metal chips which I think is bad for cats feet, but they never seem to get the message.

Of course outside is pretty fun too when it's snowing.

Or just curl up indoors

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I just found an app called MeowTalk that supposedly tells you what your cat is saying. If nothing else this is entirely accurate for Miss Luna

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Sir Nose posted:

So now, years later, it is apparent it was not cancer as there was no metastasis and he's always been in good health. It seems he is not blind in the eye, it's just a different color.
Same thing happened to my cat. It’s a benign form of melanoma of sorts, apparently.

I can’t seem to get him to look at my camera, of course. But he’s 12 and he seems a-ok.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Poppy's had hard morning of getting scritches.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Getting a bit cold outside, was -23c last night, then it's nice to have floor heating and something to lie on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sully wedges herself between me & my pillow.

Sully gets hair all over my drat slipcover & prevents me from writing.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Getting a bit cold outside, was -23c last night, then it's nice to have floor heating and something to lie on.

It was 9c yesterday and 7 today in New York City, I'm not sure where the hell winter went. :shrug: