Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is KQ8 the one that constantly screeches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

i know zelda is over but one more

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Procrastine posted:

i know zelda is over but one more

I'll handle the rubeeeeeeeeeees

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there any indication in other Zelda lore what kind of leader she is or is it perfectly viable that she's actually an iron fisted bloodthirsty tyrant warrior queen?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is there any indication in other Zelda lore what kind of leader she is or is it perfectly viable that she's actually an iron fisted bloodthirsty tyrant warrior queen?

Most of the time each game has a different Zelda anyway

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Azza Bamboo posted:

She's always characterized as a kind, compassionate, and wise leader (though its not necessarily reflected in the game). 'Wisdom' is supposed to be her entire strength.

Every game has a different Zelda though so how she runs things is never really the same. Notably in Hyrule Warriors she is a warrior princess that actively leads her soliders in battle.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
all monarchs are bad

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
this game is such jank

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Always a good sign when within the first minute you see DK64 levels of respect for walls

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
good lord this framerate is hideous

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
The Elder Scrolls 3: King's Quest

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

corn on the cop posted:

Yeah this is making me legit nauseous to watch

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

I vaguely recall that KQ8 is considered The Bad One but I don't remember why

Well, a variety of reasons. As stated you'll see. But it was also the first 3d one, and for Reasons they also decided that along with the transition to 3d they needed combat. And the 3d was bad, and the combat was also bad, so...

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
This came out in the same year as Half-Life

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

This game has a mario 64 backflip???

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i always knew this king's quest game was different from the others but good lord i didn't know it was busted as hell lmao

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

whenever you got the time, check out the doctor hauzer run from last year's agdq.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

My dad got this game when it came out. He enjoyed adventure games, and also had a policy that me or my brother couldn't see or watch violent video games, so he would send me out of the room whenever he played it. At the time I was kinda upset by that.

Later, when I was older, I tried to play it and realized that I wasn't missing anything, actually.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

My dad got this game when it came out. He enjoyed adventure games, and also had a policy that me or my brother couldn't see or watch violent video games, so he would send me out of the room whenever he played it. At the time I was kinda upset by that.

Later, when I was older, I tried to play it and realized that I wasn't missing anything, actually.

literally the only way this game could be made to seem cool is by your parents forbidding you to play it, so that you never actually saw or experienced it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Good wizard, I beseech you

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
there are certainly some textures in this game

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

This is kinda funny because I remember the game being really bad but not, like, walk-through-walls broken.

I think the runner needs some excited couch backup though, he's very chill and this probably doesn't look as fun to somebody who's never played it before.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

i'm kinda enjoying just a chill spiritual adventure of walking through walls and ignoring the laws of nature

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

This is kinda funny because I remember the game being really bad but not, like, walk-through-walls broken.

I think the runner needs some excited couch backup though, he's very chill and this probably doesn't look as fun to somebody who's never played it before.

gonna go out on a limb and say that it doesn't look fun because it isn't and that has nothing to do with the guy not screaming at us

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

They might have said this on stream and I missed it, but apparently the way this game handles area transitions is it uninstalls the old area from your hard drive, then installs the new area in its place

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'll give the game points for having a giant talking snail

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Procrastine posted:

They might have said this on stream and I missed it, but apparently the way this game handles area transitions is it uninstalls the old area from your hard drive, then installs the new area in its place

should be like William Gibson's Agrippa, where playing the game deletes it permanently forever, you can play it precisely one time

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This guy is puttin' me to sleep, not gonna lie.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Propaganda Hour posted:

This guy is puttin' me to sleep, not gonna lie.

he looks like if Adam Sandler's Uncut Gems character had exactly the opposite energy

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
i'm loving this run. easy to follow the slow pace

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

SeXReX posted:

gonna go out on a limb and say that it doesn't look fun because it isn't and that has nothing to do with the guy not screaming at us

Sorry I mean, I think if he were more lively it might be more fun to watch. Playing King's Quest 8 is an awful exercise in frustration, nobody should do it.

The speedrun seems just normal awful and not funny awful, which while technically qualifying it for awful block isn't, like, the draw, really.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

Sorry I mean, I think if he were more lively it might be more fun to watch. Playing King's Quest 8 is an awful exercise in frustration, nobody should do it.

The speedrun seems just normal awful and not funny awful, which while technically qualifying it for awful block isn't, like, the draw, really.

Agreed. He's a bit too chill for this, and it's not helping that he's following the absolutely hysterical Wand of Gamelon.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
NOT ME, YOU THORK!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

how do you name your bad guy Thork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

elentar posted:

how do you name your bad guy Thork

Thork