Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ya missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNFokmDKrE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The codes go to the secretary of defense so really it’s up to them...

It’s also possible everything published about US nuclear codes is wrong.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The scorpion and the frog.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Hekk posted:

I'd much prefer leather daddies dancing on poles to whatever this is.

He needs to send one command code down the line and the booms happen. I'm fairly sure your entire nuclear command structure won't let that happen.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Defenestrategy posted:

He could start a war? A nuclear war?

It's obviously https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Pre8iaHYA

E;fb with an embed that works

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah probably this, though the flobots one fits where we're at, minus the miniscule realization by the corpo that he's hosed up when his buddy gets gunned down by police.

Also I love electric six I dunno why I missed it

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Hekk posted:

Ohh I thought it was

Nah, you where right. Handlebars slapps though

edit:I am so happy to know of the many gip electric six fans

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

orange juche posted:

Yeah probably this, though the flobots one fits where we're at, minus the miniscule realization by the corpo that he's hosed up when his buddy gets gunned down by police.

Also I love electric six I dunno why I missed it

wrong electric six song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-FxmoVM7X4

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Senate is already voting on the objection for Pennsylvania, no one (or not many) felt like making a speech this time around.

Most of them blew their load on the Arizona objection so they got nothing for Pennsylvania.

e: Senate voted down the objection, so it's over. What states are left to object to, Wisconsin and what else?

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 7, 2021

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I always thought this one was criminally underrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXQCrOEx1-g

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/evoespueblo/status/1346983649070215171

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hobbesmaster posted:

The codes go to the secretary of defense so really it’s up to them...

It’s also possible everything published about US nuclear codes is wrong.

This historian specilializing in the area believes “no” and “pretty much”.

SecDef is not nearly as involved in the process as is widely believed.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 7, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Pipe bombs are not WMDs but they are definitely IEDs.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Would or could have one of the NEACP jets have launched without Anger Mango or Pence on board to protect the football?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Every single device in the capitol has to be replaced lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

As Nero Danced posted:

A whole lot of congresspeople are going to have to explain why they apparently emailed the heads of state for foreign nations some random guy's dong.

Which guy

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Don't forget the foreign powers who got to see all our cool gear and tactics and had unfettered access to sensitive information and our elected officials offices.

The opsec kid in me is like "well now they know THAT".

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Syrian Lannister posted:

Would or could have one of the NEACP jets have launched without Anger Mango or Pence on board to protect the football?

Pence has his own Football. There's one near/with POTUS at all times, and there's one near/with VPOTUS at all times. There's also a floater/replacement at the White House. There are three in total. The E-4Bs are airborne executive command posts. This differs slightly from the E-6, which are airborne strategic military command posts.

As for the E-4Bs (shows up as B742 with callsigns) and E-6s (just shows up as E6 with callsigns), you can find them using ADS-B Exchange, just use the "U" filter up top to filter out commercial/general aviation traffic: https://globe.adsbexchange.com/

Fair warning, watching this thing's a bit like owning fish - it can get a bit too interesting at times and lead to a lot of lost time.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 7, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What's this in reference to? I've lost track of so much in the last 12 hours. I definitely remember beans being mentioned

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i wonder what the risk assessment looks like regarding foreign actors in the mob. not like inciting anything just you know, collecting thumb drives and taking photos and stuff

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't forget the foreign powers who got to see all our cool gear and tactics and had unfettered access to sensitive information and our elected officials offices.

These stupid mother fuckers do not give a shiiiiiitt. Same reason they don't give a good god drat they revealed how vulnerable this country is to biological weapons: they're human garbage and active tratiors

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Waroduce posted:

i wonder what the risk assessment looks like regarding foreign actors in the mob. not like inciting anything just you know, collecting thumb drives and taking photos and stuff

Turns out all Nic Cage had to do to steal the Declaration of Independence was be a white guy, they'll move the barricades out of the way and usher you in.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Wasabi the J posted:

So donor lists and redlined legislation?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hexyflexy posted:

I was talking to a dude I know, he's on the force somewhere (and a commie so I won't doxx him) - he said there was absolutely zero way the local police force could to anything practically about the Nazis, just plain not possible.

To be more charitable to CPD than they deserve, I can understand some of the hesitation on their part not to break out the heavy-handed riot tactics such as tear gas or rubber bullets, as I'd imagine there was a legitimate fear the large and heavily armed crowd would start shooting back—and that would have made today far, far worse than it ended up being. And of course, the federal presence of troops and equipment was effectively non-existent, and intentionally so.

...But with that being said, it's still an utter indictment of CPD's leadership that they didn't take the threat to the capitol seriously and make contingency plans. It didn't take a goddamn cassandra to see something like this was possible, and even if federal resources were intentionally unavailable they still could have undertaken other measures to get the bodies and equipment they needed to prevent this from happening. Heads need to roll today for this, or otherwise this is just gonna happen again and it may end up being even worse the second time around.

e: https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1347031398176223233?s=20

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 7, 2021

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Acebuckeye13 posted:

otherwise this is just gonna happen again and it may end up being even worse the second time around.

This cake has already been baked my dude. Fascism just flexed it's muscles and saw how the powers that be responded. They're riding loving high on this victory, they will absolutely do it again and they'll be serious about it next time. This was a trial run and look how prepared some of them were even for this:

https://twitter.com/Rebexem/status/1346924689101213696

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't really care so much about what they did outside so much, but when they let these terrorist motherfuckers run around INSIDE the building with the senate and house and VP having to hide for their lives... Man, gently caress that. You try to seize the capitol building, those cops better run those mags dry before anyone makes it 10 feet inside.

And then you better fight to your dying breathe. That's the entire legislative arm of the government for fucks sake, that's the end game right there.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pence has his own Football. There's one near/with POTUS at all times, and there's one near/with VPOTUS at all times. There's also a floater/replacement at the White House. There are three in total. The E-4Bs are airborne executive command posts. This differs slightly from the E-6, which are airborne strategic military command posts.

As for the E-4Bs (shows up as B742 with callsigns) and E-6s (just shows up as E6 with callsigns), you can find them using ADS-B Exchange, just use the "U" filter up top to filter out commercial/general aviation traffic: https://globe.adsbexchange.com/

Fair warning, watching this thing's a bit like owning fish - it can get a bit too interesting at times and lead to a lot of lost time.

When the E-6B does its job everything's a runways and there's nowhere to land.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

the responses to this are great
https://twitter.com/BGTDpodcast/status/1347035755433111554?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fifteen-foot plunge onto the announcer’s table

e: Thank you, replies.

https://twitter.com/threepme/status/1347041016453488642

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro

More like 1488 days.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

not caring here posted:

I don't really care so much about what they did outside so much, but when they let these terrorist motherfuckers run around INSIDE the building with the senate and house and VP having to hide for their lives... Man, gently caress that. You try to seize the capitol building, those cops better run those mags dry before anyone makes it 10 feet inside.

And then you better fight to your dying breathe. That's the entire legislative arm of the government for fucks sake, that's the end game right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakU20APPdw

Surprised Trump didn't post this before Twitter gave him a time out.

e: The more I think about it the worse I feel. This was an unorganized mass movement. Imagine if it was done with some planning. Turns out all you need to overthrow the government is to get the capitol police to move out of the way for you. We got lucky, all they did was an unguided free tour of the building. Next time someone's going to be leading the crowd with a list of goals. Fascism now has more than a foothold in our political discourse and it's not going away any time soon, even if Trump disappeared tomorrow.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 7, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

piL posted:

When the E-6B does its job everything's a runways and there's nowhere to land.

They actually do familiarization landings at civilian airports with runways long enough to accommodate them all over the country, the common thread usually being an ANG presence at the airport. They'll also run racetrack patterns doing touch-and-gos. I watched a Mercury do this at Harrisburg PA's airport for a good 30 minutes once, and they seem to like to do it at Fairchild AFB because it's nice open air space and the locals are used to four engined KC-135s coming and going at all hours of the night and day.

Also, the E-6 is more than just a Doomsday Plane, it's also rarely used much like a flying/forward-operating NMCC.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
gently caress, it would make me so happy if I wake up to the news that the Feds made mass arrests in sweeping no-knock raids at the hotels the fash is holed up in tonight. Probably never gonna happen.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
These fuckers are dangerous, but I’m not convinced the aolution to our woes is “more mass no-knock raids by the cops!”

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I mean, if ever there were justification for levying the full weight of the state's monopoly on the legitimate use of force, it's against seditious fascists who stormed the Capitol.

Meanwhile, fascists in the House nearly started a fist fight after bellyaching about being called liars.

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1347072389310459904?s=19

If this isn't stamped out now with extreme prejudice, from the brownshirts on the ground to the representatives inciting it, it will happen again and it will be worse. A line has to be drawn in the sand.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 7, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I will say I am in favor of legislative brawls. If you are enthusiastic enough to fight over it, do you really believe?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
bring back senate duals imo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Authorities don’t need to come down like the hammer of god on each and every person who was in the vicinity of the capital, but they do need to find out what the hell was going on.

They were seemingly blind going into this and now they are treating it like “thanks for visiting the district. We hope you enjoyed you stay. Come again soon!”

At the very least they need to arrest people who absconded with government property and/or brandished weapons. Those aren’t the kind of things that can be reasonably followed up on later. Catch them with the goods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Cugel the Clever posted:

I mean, if ever there were justification for levying the full weight of the state's monopoly on the legitimate use of force, it's against seditious fascists who stormed the Capitol.

Meanwhile, fascists in the House nearly started a fist fight after bellyaching about being called liars.

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1347072389310459904?s=19

If this isn't stamped out now with extreme prejudice, from the brownshirts on the ground to the representatives inciting it, it will happen again and it will be worse. A line has to be drawn in the sand.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1347074579739652097