Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Majid nawazz is absolutely unhinged. He needs to sit down with a nice cup of tea and a buiscut.

I follow people like him and Dave Rubin because I find them a useful bellwether of the cognitive dissonance and false equivalence that are fueling this loving mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guavanaut posted:

Because if you have 1 thing and take away 2, you have -1 things, and add 4 you get 3, or more intuitively if you have 1 thing and add 4 you have 5, then take away 2 you have 3. Or 4 things and take away 2 you have 2 and add 1 you have 3. It works whatever order you put them in, which you have to assume is the case without any brackets.

1 - (2 + 4) would get you -5.

for FUCKS sake stop messsing me about. it is 3 isn't it !?!?!?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Twitter have trump a sixer

https://twitter.com/SeanRMoorhead/status/1346986444271755268

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Hey does anyone remember this news site, or maybe it was just a twitter, but they reported about news from the UK I believe, but they reported on it in the same way that modern news report on news from the developing world, using terms like "the regime" and the like which put a very sinister look on the whole thing. It was a great thing for showing double standards in journalism.

It’s one of the BBC Africa correspondents I think but I don’t recall the name. Not Andrew Harding?

E: I’m wrong it’s Joseph Cotterill from the FT

Beefeater1980 fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 7, 2021

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Can't believe I missed the political equivalent of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_v79Zg8cWI

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Beefeater1980 posted:

It’s one of the BBC Africa correspondents I think but I don’t recall the name. Not Andrew Harding?

E: I’m wrong it’s Joseph Cotterill from the FT

I certainly liked the tone of this coverage, given the cover-ee: https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-politics/world-leaders-condemn-pro-trump-riot-us-capitol

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

oh and that guy is 0% on-the-job police but is very likely an off-the-job or retired cop of some flavor, which is probably also part of why he's actually bothering to mask up

the punisher skull and the thin blue line motif are both police things that would absolutely not be tolerated in working capitol police but are both very strongly associated with person-who-identifies-as-cop

not quite sure what's up with the flag on his hat but i'm sure it's horrific

The 'working Capitol police' have been taking selfies with armed insurrectionists and arresting journalists. You wanna put money on that?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Hey does anyone remember this news site, or maybe it was just a twitter, but they reported about news from the UK I believe, but they reported on it in the same way that modern news report on news from the developing world, using terms like "the regime" and the like which put a very sinister look on the whole thing. It was a great thing for showing double standards in journalism.

I know who you're thinking of. A twitter feed but I don't recall the name.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
is everyone excited for clap-clap time??????????????

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

did anyone save that artwork from the first clapping days of boris and matt hancock with weird eyes and blood on their hands

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
you get out there and you thump that wheelie bin with the cricket bat, there

show everyone how much you care with your clapclap gestures 2 minutes a week

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

crispix posted:

Time for tubby clap clap

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If anyone hits my bins with a cricket bat I will kill them with a grenade :bahgawd:

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

crispix posted:

no

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Back in the day 2 burly, grubby men in flatcaps would come into your yard and cricket-bat your bins for you.

Just an example of the highly-niche fetish communities that existed before the internet

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

kecske posted:

did anyone save that artwork from the first clapping days of boris and matt hancock with weird eyes and blood on their hands

not empty quoting

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

https://twitter.com/_CarltonCole9/status/1346853594478350336

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

By my authority as some random I hereby decree that we should all go outside & fling poo poo at each other's houses at midnight each Friday in support of, uh, the Fire Service

where's my BBC article

e: vvvv "Fling for Firemen", my pointless gesture's just straight-up better :colbert:

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jan 7, 2021

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Seeing as it’s for heroes not carers, it’s lost the alliteration. May I suggest something like Howl (or Hurl) for Heroes?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Borrovan posted:

By my authority as some random I hereby decree that we should all go outside & fling poo poo at each other's houses at midnight each Friday in support of, uh, the Fire Service

where's my BBC article

e: vvvv "Fling for Firemen", my pointless gesture's just straight-up better :colbert:

say something TERF-y and you should be in the article queue

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

flinging poo poo everywhere whilst screaming about biological sex being real is very modern Britain tbf

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

therattle posted:

Seeing as it’s for heroes not carers, it’s lost the alliteration. May I suggest something like Howl (or Hurl) for Heroes?

Hard-on for Heroes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Convex posted:

say something TERF-y and you should be in the article queue
The woke taliban want to erase gametes with a giant pritt stick called gender norms.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

This tweeter?

https://twitter.com/gathara/status/1347054480999800832?s=21

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Hard-on for Heroes

I've been fapping for nurses since my mid teens, among other cheesy psudeoerotic cliches.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/marcusjdl/status/1346964464986415111?s=19
https://twitter.com/Sabrina_Huck/status/1346922294258458627?s=19

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
I think Ash Crimson's posts are why I left Scotland.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

kecske posted:

https://twitter.com/wefail/status/1346201997683339273/photo/1

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kecske posted:

https://wefail.art/

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

One of the great pleasures of our current turbulent times has been watching centrists gradually radicalise:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

both my sister and my bro-in-law work for the nhs so I am wary about taking the piss out of this. but at the same time tho ( and I have talked to my sis about this) what they want is better hours/pay.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Beefeater1980 posted:

One of the great pleasures of our current turbulent times has been watching centrists gradually radicalise:
Meh, centrists were always happy to criticise the status quo when there was no realistic possibility of change

If anything the sudden transition back is giving me whiplash

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

https://mobile.twitter.com/crampell/status/1347007675855302656/photo/1

I'm sure this will be fine.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Wolfsbane posted:

I'm sure this will be fine.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Joseph Cotteril was the Cummings Reigime guy you're thinking of:
https://twitter.com/jsphctrl/status/1347125308877647872

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beefeater1980 posted:

My parents always used to vote tory. since brexit, my mum has been 'radicalised'. she voted lib-dem in 2019 n if i had to put money on it, i think she will vote for the starmer egg-man in 2024.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Things fall apart; the centre says "Of course this is terrible, but think how much worse it would have been under Corbyn/Sanders".

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Well the US is actually closer to a 3rd world country than it is a first world...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
First as tragedy, then as farce, then as endlessly repeating farces until the planet cooks.