Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Apologies for thinking that the burgers in Cyberpunk were over the top parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Looks better than a rustlers burger

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cardiovorax posted:

I guess it really couldn't have been named any more appropriately than "FUKK U BURGER."
It’s written weird but the word fukkura means like fluffy. But yeah when I saw it I totally thought it was a gently caress u burger.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

the old loon is selling meditation via "certified" "teachers." it is 100% a scam.

What’s the scam

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Actually don’t tell me I don’t care

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
This is a good thread

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Actually don’t tell me I don’t care

what if i hid it in a multi chapter 6 hour youtube video behind a $1000 paywall?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

what if i hid it in a multi chapter 6 hour youtube video behind a $1000 paywall?

I’ll just fetch my credit card from the Ferrari

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Imhotep posted:

What gear u got?? I make electronic music mostly but i just found out that one of my favorite guitar players, Robin Guthrie of the Cocteau Twins used a Lexicon PCM 70, and I own a PCM 80, so I’ve been playing Cocteau Twins tunes on my guitar. I don’t really look at guitar gear much, but I’ve been interested in getting a Strymon El Capistan because I love tape delays and wow and flutter, and I’ve been debating whether or not to get an Elektron Octatrack or to go with the Digitakt, but the Octatrack would allow me to sync loops to midi sequences in real time, like the dude from Battles does with his Octatrack, which is very appealing.

I'm too stupid for synthesis. I bought a ms20-mini when I was cashed up. I appreciated the capabilities of it but it deserves to be with someone else. I've been slumming it with the same guitar gear for years. Fender bassman stack, pedalboard with nothing too fancy on it (Bass big muff, RV-6, Line 6 DL-4 plus some other stuff I barely use) and my guitar of choice since I've moved interstate is this old 70's italian acoustic that has a pickup built in it thats good for playing moody stuff on. My advice for music gear is that you should probably just buy it if it wont make you homeless. my last purchase was a high-gain distortion pedal so I could play dumb black metal riffs but it arrived broken and they just refunded me and I couldn't find another one.

twistedmentat posted:

Oh you like Twin Peaks eh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AYnF5hOhuM
4 hours of in depth explanation!
No really, its worth watching.

ShoogaSlim posted:

i can typically separate art from the artist no problem but David Lynch sells transcendental meditation as if practicing mindfulness needed to be behind a paywalled cult and not an ancient tradition that is readily accessible and available for free to anyone who needs it.

it's very LA and very lovely. plus his movies are obtuse for no reason so gently caress DL lol.

I take it back I dont want to derail ever again. what paywall lol

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Samurai Sanders posted:

So the world went fuckin sideways in the last 24 hours but here's the trip report on the Japanese non-refrigerated burger that I mentioned before.

A FUkKUra burger with cheese and ketchup. It promises authentic gourmet food from your microwave.

As far as food products go it's classified as bread so is mostly bread. To their credit it does at least have an expiration date on it that isn't very far away.

Main ingredients of the patty are chicken, flour, onions, vegetable fat and lard

The patty itself was ok I guess and the bread is just bread, but the white cheese-like stuff on it was disgusting as all hell. Also I dropped some of it on my laptop keyboard just now and need to figure out how to get it out.

This legit looks like food from those survival buckets right wing huckesters sell too people hoping the world is going to end. MRE burgers look better.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

twistedmentat posted:

This legit looks like food from those survival buckets right wing huckesters sell too people hoping the world is going to end. MRE burgers look better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60_oMY5ULIw

yesss

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

occupies the same kind of brainspace as people who ask "did Mookie do the right thing"

hahaha

Imhotep posted:

What gear u got?? I make electronic music mostly but i just found out that one of my favorite guitar players, Robin Guthrie of the Cocteau Twins used a Lexicon PCM 70, and I own a PCM 80, so I’ve been playing Cocteau Twins tunes on my guitar. I don’t really look at guitar gear much, but I’ve been interested in getting a Strymon El Capistan because I love tape delays and wow and flutter, and I’ve been debating whether or not to get an Elektron Octatrack or to go with the Digitakt, but the Octatrack would allow me to sync loops to midi sequences in real time, like the dude from Battles does with his Octatrack, which is very appealing.

Cocteau Twins is my favorite group. imhotep x beanbowl stat synergy just leveled up again :eyepop:

Samurai Sanders posted:

So the world went fuckin sideways in the last 24 hours but here's the trip report on the Japanese non-refrigerated burger that I mentioned before.

A FUkKUra burger with cheese and ketchup. It promises authentic gourmet food from your microwave.

As far as food products go it's classified as bread so is mostly bread. To their credit it does at least have an expiration date on it that isn't very far away.

Main ingredients of the patty are chicken, flour, onions, vegetable fat and lard

The patty itself was ok I guess and the bread is just bread, but the white cheese-like stuff on it was disgusting as all hell. Also I dropped some of it on my laptop keyboard just now and need to figure out how to get it out.

Cardiovorax posted:

I guess it really couldn't have been named any more appropriately than "FUKK U BURGER."

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why is your hand purple? :ohdear:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

fridge corn posted:

Covioled.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rinkles posted:

This is a good thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0iqG-dS_ks

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ShoogaSlim posted:

the old loon is selling meditation via "certified" "teachers." it is 100% a scam.

if he's offering free classes to students and veterans and they get something positive out of it, fine, but that's obviously marketing to lure in actual paying customers. haven't you ever played a F2P mobile game? it apparently costs around $1000 to learn, and they offer scholarships lol give me a loving break.

if you like his movies then go nuts but do not defend this snake oil bullshit with any shred of seriousness.

So do you just not believe that certain people can be trained in the art of meditation or do you just refute wholesale the idea that meditation and mindfulness can help people deal with stress and anxiety?

Either way this is ultra-premium 2003 edge lord power-posting.

Snake Oil is different than offering free meditation therapy to children and veterans, lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Samurai Sanders posted:

You're the best around.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the idea of eating non-refrigerated meat from a packet genuinely nauseates me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm sorry I asked but also really happy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the idea of eating non-refrigerated meat from a packet genuinely nauseates me

So you don’t have jerky in Ireland?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

So you don’t have jerky in Ireland?

We do and my statement stands

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jerky is good, cured sausages too.

I once tried getting a packet of that biltong and there was a huge mold colony inside, bad first impression of that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In general I’m more scared of low quality regular meat than I am of ultra-processed fake meats, I’d rather get pancreatic cancer in 25 years than get diarrhea today.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

ShoogaSlim posted:

if he's offering free classes to students and veterans and they get something positive out of it, fine, but that's obviously marketing to lure in actual paying customers. haven't you ever played a F2P mobile game? it apparently costs around $1000 to learn, and they offer scholarships lol give me a loving break.

if you like his movies then go nuts but do not defend this snake oil bullshit with any shred of seriousness.

It's almost as if the people who can afford to pay for it are subsidising the ones who cant afford it :thunk: lmao

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

Just the lighting I guess? I’ve been blessedly healthy this year, which I sure can’t say for a lot of other people.

My skin’s gotten a lot paler this year though, for obvious reasons.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 7, 2021

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Jerky? A former games mod knows an absolute encyclopedia britannica about jerky.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't think I've ever had jerky. It seems like something you'd only eat if you were going on some kind of pilgrimage.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dried, smoked, and cured meats are one of the fundamental staples of society and one of the technologies that allowed us to transition from Hunter/Gatherers to agriculturalists. Jerky is just a snack food made out of meat instead of sugar and carbohydrates.

I think maybe jerky got a bit of an EPIC-Bacon-Ninja-Reddit reputation in the early 2000’s as like the supreme CHUD-CHOW but it’s just a really convenient way to get some protein going without having to cook.

It’s good!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

ShoogaSlim posted:

i can typically separate art from the artist no problem but David Lynch sells transcendental meditation as if practicing mindfulness needed to be behind a paywalled cult and not an ancient tradition that is readily accessible and available for free to anyone who needs it.

it's very LA and very lovely. plus his movies are obtuse for no reason so gently caress DL lol.

See, what we have here is not "failure to seperate art from artist" so much as "You dont like the art, so have gone looking for a reason to dislike the artist to justify it". You're allowed to not like David Lynch films, I'm not a particular fan myself. But I dont pretend its because he has a foundation that charges to teach people "an ancient tradition that is readily accessible and available for free to anyone who needs it". Theres loads of stuff which can be learned for free but you can also pay someone to teach you. Much of it (fishing, hunting, survival skills) has been a thing for much longer than transcendental meditation. I just dont like his films because they arent my thing. With a very small number of exceptions I like my films to have a comprehendable story told in a way which doesnt deliberately obscure the plot.

Failure to seperate art from artist is my refusal to watch any film directed by woody allen. I dont give a poo poo about their quality or if I would enjoy them or not, I'm not watching them specifically because of his involvement. I dont have to add in any information about what I like or not about his movies because I dont watch them specifically because of my distaste for the artist.

Edit: Also, Jerky is okay, Biltong is better.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
As soon as I have finished dealing with the GOTY thread and all the prep work I will return to streaming.

I need to finish Dark Souls. I need to Plat BB and most importantly I need to right a wrong that has been going on for over a year and a half. I need to see where Trico's story finishes. I am very conscious of how much Imhotep has asked me to finish it back in the day and I do not want to let you down at all.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Since TM is getting mentioned I guess I'll shout out a book.

McMindfulness: How Mindfulness Became the New Capitalist Spirituality by Ronald Purser

I found it to be a good read with an argument for why what Lynch and others are doing is maybe not good for those people/kids ( I like his art).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

very obvious that the goty thread is trying to steal the vote away from bloodborne :colbert:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

very obvious that the goty thread is trying to steal the vote away from bloodborne :colbert:

I have a lot of unread posts for the thread but am excited to finish these tallyings and writeup :D

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Some thoughts on ME Catalyst: The movement system is like nothing else, not because it feels great (though it does when you get it right), but because of its nuance. You'll pick up on how even small differences in your input can affect your flow. Hold your slide a bit too long, or time your jump slightly wrong, and you'll lose momentum. So when you perfectly string together multiple sections, it's an actual achievement.

And you're going to notice those differences because the time trials (which is most of the activities) are brutal. Repeated retries are a little annoying with HDD load times, but they'll force you to pick up on the subtleties of the parkour. A single second can and will matter.

However, on the flipside, it hasn't been the relaxing experience I was looking for. Timers stress me out. They play a vital role here, so I don't begrudge their inclusion, but they might not be for me, not atm anyway. I already had glimpses of that flow state that'll come from mastering the platforming, but I don't know that I have the right disposition to get there right now.

Also, whilst the environment works as a real time parkouring puzzle in the trials, it isn't particularly interesting to explore. It isn't necessarily fair to fault the game for this---it's just not what the game's about---but it's one of the things enjoy most in in games with a strong traversal element.

I'll probably give it another hour or two, but idk if I'll stick with it longer.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also I was pleasantly surprised that Mirror's Edge was a locked 60 (on PS5). I downloaded Dying Light at the same time (was in the mood for first person parkouring), but had to turn it off immediately because motion was barf inducing. I think it was something more than just the 30 fps frame rate.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Dying Light has a real narrow FOV from what I remember.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Japan, Asia in general, convenience store food is god tier.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ulio posted:

Japan, Asia in general, convenience store food is god tier.
It’s ridiculously competitive. I’m told that if they stock anything in a convenience store that doesn’t sell out on its first day, they just find something else.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I've heard that Japan has like 300 different flavours of Kitkat bars, which is really just kind of crazy. They could at least share them with the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Cardiovorax posted:

I've heard that Japan has like 300 different flavours of Kitkat bars, which is really just kind of crazy. They could at least share them with the rest of us.

Can recommend the green tea ones and it's novel to eat a green Kitkat