Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I'm playing Mass Effect: Andromeda and once again I have no idea what the nerds were making GBS threads their pants about because it's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was an unnerving yet comedic experience until they fixed a lot of the dialogue being spoken with a completely blank face and overly animated mouth. the big meme example was a prominent npc who said "my face is tired" but it was more of an issue with the main character all over the game and they did a couple passes to fix that so now it's just a normal game.

just remembered there was a lot of whining about the main character not being hot enough for gamers. i regret this posting

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 7, 2021

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I also played it long after the patches and thought it had some major issues in key areas, namely pretty weak combat (felt good but lack of teammate control hurt a lot) plus a lot of lackluster writing. Apart from maybe one or two exceptions, none of the characters are even remotely as interesting or likeable as the original trilogy’s crew. I also think the lack of urgency hurts the narrative a lot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoop my rear end

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Here are the characters I remember from Mass Effects 1 through 3:
Science alien
Warrior alien
Sniper alien
Seth green
Martin sheen

That’s about it. As you can see they really made an impression.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Seams posted:

I'm playing Mass Effect: Andromeda and once again I have no idea what the nerds were making GBS threads their pants about because it's pretty good.

I think that’s part of the problem, it’s pretty good and people were expecting much more. But, yeah it wasn’t near as bad as people made it out to be and the gameplay itself was pretty fun.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Here's my extensive review of Andromeda back when I played it during the summer, from this very thread:

"alright, nowhere near as good ME2/3, still very janky and glitchy, dread to think how bad it was on launch, but it was more ME which is cool by me"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ME1 is the best one I will die on this hill

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I might like it more if I hadn’t played ME2 first. The gameplay doesn’t hold up great nowadays

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The best moment of ME is the prompt you get to throw a dude out a window.

And the best line in ME is when someone says "Shepard I thought you were dead!" and she responds with, "I got better."

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the only bioware rpg ive played is dragon age origins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

The best moment of ME is

:agreed:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. ME 2 was the best in the same way Thane was the best guy for vents.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Garrus is my best friend.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Geth do not infiltrate."

"Geth do not intentionally infiltrate."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't know poo poo about Mass Effect

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

don't worry it's not worth knowing

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

a cyborg mug posted:

I might like it more if I hadn’t played ME2 first. The gameplay doesn’t hold up great nowadays
It's not amazing, but using high level biotics to launch dudes into space is pretty fun especially when you combine them with a shotgun and some hammerhead rounds.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NienNunb posted:

It was very good but probably hasn't aged well in the last 10 years

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jackie D posted:

It was very good but probably hasn't aged well in the last 10 years

That's why they're redoing a lot of ME 1's combat for the Trilogy release.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

There is a race of aliens who are technically genderless but they all look like hot blue girls with titties, and they are all canonically pansexual because they can reproduce with any gender of any species through the powers of Psychic Cum. You can gently caress your crewmate of this race at roughly the same point in the game you tell one of your other crewmembers to calm down and not murder anyone in vengeance because the genocide and chemical castration of his race happened like 40 years ago so it is time to get over it.

Somehow this is a good game imo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can't imagine Mass Effect is anywhere near as cool as Tapper

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nothing is as cool as Tapper....

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

ME1 is the best one I will die on this hill

We will go together in our big giant space buggy, my friend.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alaois posted:

nothing is as cool as Tapper....

I am

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

[X] Doubt

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CarlCX posted:

We will go together in our big giant space buggy, my friend.
:hfive:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Andromeda is a weird egg. The gameplay is fun, but the premise is that you’re the only one who can start these colonies and all you’re doing is going to places and pressing B for a minute. Who the gently caress cares?

In contrast, in something like BOTW, you’re solving puzzles to bring lifeless tombs back online. Everyone who plays solves the same puzzle, sometimes in different ways but mostly not i would expect, but you’re asked to be a hero and you know, do stuff.

ME:A it’s just show up, press B, leave.

MotU posted:

thats a nice looking knife. sorry i didnt mean to not respond to it, i know how it is when a knife person meets another knife person

hope you didnt get a serrated one tho smdh serrated blades . . .

No way. Just a smooth drop point. I’m not cutting logs over here, unless they start mailing stuff inside logs. It’s the ranger green one with the black blade; I thought of the more colorful one but I didn’t want it to attract any potential kiddos.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 7, 2021

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jake tapper

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

trying to play resident evil #2 but it gives me anxiety the whole time. what if they get me. jake tapper

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hate when i hear the stomps from off screen in my sennheisers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jape takker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what model sennys you all got. i'm still "rocking" the 598s. look at this computer look at this cmputer.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i lied about having them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Piece rear end.hole

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
518 here, padding needs replacement every couple years but otherwise feels like they'll last forever.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I think one of the weirdest things about ME: A is that you travel to a completely different galaxy to find.....humanoid aliens like the ones in the Milky Way .

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't forget about the new hunger games event that has started here on this subforum. this is the link to it, and not a link to log out of your account

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God this guy is a character from the Grant Morrison X-Men run :vince:

Edit: Why this isn't the Go Big Show GDT! This isn't the Go Big Show GDT at all! :aaa:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fucken gottem