Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Platystemon posted:

Authorities don’t need to come down like the hammer of god on each and every person who was in the vicinity of the capital, but they do need to find out what the hell was going on.

They were seemingly blind going into this and now they are treating it like “thanks for visiting the district. We hope you enjoyed you stay. Come again soon!”

At the very least they need to arrest people who absconded with government property and/or brandished weapons. Those aren’t the kind of things that can be reasonably followed up on later. Catch them with the goods.

I dare say, those ruffians must be dealt with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

KirbyKhan posted:

I dare say, those ruffians must be dealt with.

Quite so.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Biden / Harris certified now it seems

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Biden / Harris certified now it seems

So all that that means the next stop is to disrupt the swearing in. Then refusing to leave the executive mansion.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Stand back and stand by

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I plan to stand way back.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Midjack posted:

So all that that means the next stop is to disrupt the swearing in. Then refusing to leave the executive mansion.

i want him to refuse to leave so god damned bad

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ded posted:

he's gonna do it, you know

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I hope every state he's ever been finds some state level charges to levy at him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is levy the right word I am not a law talking guy

e: I think i meant level

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Authorities don’t need to come down like the hammer of god on each and every person who was in the vicinity of the capital, but they do need to find out what the hell was going on.

They were seemingly blind going into this and now they are treating it like “thanks for visiting the district. We hope you enjoyed you stay. Come again soon!”

At the very least they need to arrest people who absconded with government property and/or brandished weapons. Those aren’t the kind of things that can be reasonably followed up on later. Catch them with the goods.

Or, and just spitballing here, arrest, try and convict each and every one of them that trespassed in the capitol building for felony murder.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The majority of Republican representatives in office voted to throw out the PA results based on pure political loyalty.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1347103015493361664

Trump conceded apparently

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/schmoyoho/status/1347053742521262082?s=21

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Whats the bet they swapped his Adderall out for diazepam and he's currently passed out on a gold-plated shitter while Pence actually displays a modicum of leadership for the first time in 4 years?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lol even 10% more organized and we'd have lost the gov to a fascist coup last night.

If I was Gretchen Whitener I'd be in a bunker at this point.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/1347029899534499841?s=21

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1347024897235673096?s=20

That Works fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 7, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/KeriAll57743954/status/1347106759551418368

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I feel like the last 24 hours should have started out with "My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy..."

Or a silhouette of James Spader.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Jane Reno died the day before the 2016 election.

Just a funny coincidence.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ded posted:

Biden would just set up in the Blair house like Truman did when they were renovating the white house because "we need to turn a page"

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Naramyth posted:

A poo poo ton. I saw several photos and people on the stream with access to unlocked PCs.

No one locks their computer when they get up

Also I’m sure a bunch of classified paperwork wasn’t put away correctly

And chances are they had somebody knock on their door, got up to answer it, and then had the secret service/security/whoever immediately rush them off to a secure area. The building is getting stormed now and you need to get like 535 senators and 441 reps (and all their aides) to safety.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Police not making a good argument for the funding they got there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm so loving far beyond words

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wow, Fortnite looks awesome on a RTX 3090.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm so loving far beyond words

I told my wife last night that this would be the narrative by this afternoon.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I looked at OANN and the capitol was stormed by protestors. It's being widely condemned, this attack on the capitol. Article doesn't mention what they were protesting. Violent leftist antifa trying to tear down america again seems like a reasonable suspect imo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Man. “Emotionally hungover” doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel right now. It’s worse than being actually hungover.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

yup. the far reaching consequences if these fuckos don't suffer consequences for their actions are very, very bad.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

How does the D.C. National Guard work? They're Title 32 but they can be called out by the president?

In a normal state the governor is the Guard's commander in chief unless they've been Federalized.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

MA-Horus posted:

yup. the far reaching consequences if these fuckos don't suffer consequences for their actions are very, very bad.

I want to write my elected representative about this but the last time I sent a letter to Deb Haaland's office it was about an abusive chain of command breaking the law, being abusive, lovely, and not doing their job, and her office told me to take it to that same chain of command.

So I wrote the Governor instead. Next day results.

I dont know where I'm going with this. Frustrated, angry...

Might write the Governor.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

to top it all off, a bunch of the House just got exposed to COVID last night

https://twitter.com/RepLaTurner/status/1347086287942131713?s=20

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lol that Trump delayed and then tried to block deployment of the guard and the GOP senators after running from Trump rioters for their lives are back trying to defend him.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Man. “Emotionally hungover” doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel right now. It’s worse than being actually hungover.

I'm in the same camp. I somehow made the mistake of "letting down my guard" slowly over time since the election, and was lulled into a false sense of "security" with every additional court loss of Trump (quotation marks because the next four years aren't exactly going to be peachy), so yesterday just really blew my lights out.
I'm still so extremely disgusted by what transpired yesterday, and it wasn't made better by watching a bunch of Republicans spouting absolutely deplorable lies and rhetoric on the chamber floor earlier.

I know we've all suffered from "Trump fatigue" to some extent, and I'm - to this loving day - infuriated by his support of actual swastika-bearing Neonazis at Charlottesville, but I don't know if I can move past this unless there are severe consequences for Trump from this.
Yeah, I know, nothing matters and whatnot, but for him to be allowed to ride out the last two weeks of his term after putting the cherry on top of his fascist Sundae just feels inexcusable and beyond redemption for me.

I'm in a spiral of anger and disappointment, and I'm dealing with it by daytime-drinking and preparing a massive gift-shipment to my friends in Korea for therapeutic purposes.

Also, therapeutic jerky

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

:same:

Hope you and Lando and your lady are doing alright.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/ZackBornstein/status/1346903734698168320?s=20

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mono posted:

Good morning, I went through 27 pages of Getty Images so you didn't have to

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

They missed the shitheads with the "Camp Auschwitz" hoodies and "6MWE"-shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RebeccaBuck/status/1347183205133262852?s=20

Yeah, it is a real loving head-scratcher there John. Maybe do another PhD thesis on this and you might just crack how we got here, you idiot you utter dunce