Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
4% total loss and dropping hoo man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nitramster posted:

What are some good weed stocks? I'd like to drop a benji here and there.

I think the thread favorite is TLRY

I also have CGC, ACB, and CRON

I don't think anyone can realistically say what will be good everything to this point has been speculation on who will come out ahead when the US decriminalizes or legalizes, which seems likely in the next few years with GA going blue.

I think once the legislature (that needs to be written) passes anything with cannabis in the description will pop more, this current pop is people buying into the real one.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

thats not candy posted:

lmao i should have sold everything today

Yeah :(

Hopefully I'm wrong and it's okay, and stocks will recover in the coming weeks.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

dystopian hellworld ETF update:

SWBI +17.5%
VSTO +14.8%
RGR +12.5%
FOXA +9%

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I owned some IIPR briefly a few years ago, sold for a nice profit but missed the real growth.

2020 performance, rough numbers from memory since I checked a few days ago but within a few points.

401k 14.x%
Roth IRA 40%
Brokerage 60%

I should probably stop gambling in the Roth but the tax treatment is so tempting.

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009

Tyro posted:

I owned some IIPR briefly a few years ago, sold for a nice profit but missed the real growth.

Isn't IIPR one of the riskier options as further legalization gets pushed as their business model relies heavily on cannabis companies not being able to go to banks directly at the moment?

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yeah :(

Hopefully I'm wrong and it's okay, and stocks will recover in the coming weeks.

i imagine that any stonks that suffered will probably back to normal tomorrow if they're not already. GIK's back up to 14.30 in ah. also cramer's NGA pump was postponed till tomorrow so might be a strong finish for ev

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Girbot posted:

Isn't IIPR one of the riskier options as further legalization gets pushed as their business model relies heavily on cannabis companies not being able to go to banks directly at the moment?

Probably? Holy gently caress I just checked their chart. I bought at like $25 and sold at $36.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

thats not candy posted:

i imagine that any stonks that suffered will probably back to normal tomorrow if they're not already. GIK's back up to 14.30 in ah. also cramer's NGA pump was postponed till tomorrow so might be a strong finish for ev

Yeah. Somehow I'm up $400 AH, mostly from PRSP.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Girbot posted:

That definitely juices their margins. But they're building a decent sized balance sheet and will continue to have a niche as the cannabis market evolves in the US. Probably don't want to buy right now. I'm waiting for a pullback personally.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

What’s the thought behind the slow bleeding of GHIV?

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Cacafuego posted:

What’s the thought behind the slow bleeding of GHIV?

That’s my fault. I bought some this morning.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

tangy yet delightful posted:

In other news CRTX is going pretty low. Either everyone is bailing because they are tired of waiting and/or insiders are getting out?

I'm leaving my small position as is because I like lottery tickets but I don't think there's any good reason to buy more.

I'd be interested if anyone knows too - I'm not cashing out anytime soon because it was intended as a long lottery ticket, but it is the only thing I'm holding right now that's not at least a little bit in the green

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
What/who should I follow for financial Twitter?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
shoulda stayed in TLRY.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Woodchip posted:

shoulda stayed in TLRY.

outperforming my other weed positions by a decent bit but they aren't doing bad either. We might end up with a pop on weed stocks but getting in now isn't a bad plan. It will ramp up more when there's legislature being written and likely signed, especially if that allows free trade with Canada since many weed stocks are Canadian (which should be obvious considering it's legal there).

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
My GRNH is at 125%

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

pixaal posted:

outperforming my other weed positions by a decent bit but they aren't doing bad either. We might end up with a pop on weed stocks but getting in now isn't a bad plan. It will ramp up more when there's legislature being written and likely signed, especially if that allows free trade with Canada since many weed stocks are Canadian (which should be obvious considering it's legal there).

Yeah, I took a small position in ACB near yesterday's close, but man, that 9% is looking good.

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009
Got into MARA a day early and hit my stop loss, looked away and it's up over 85% over the last three days.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Greatest Living Man posted:

What/who should I follow for financial Twitter?

There's only one guy you need to follow:

https://twitter.com/ParikPatelCFA/status/1341030141468786698?s=20

https://twitter.com/ParikPatelCFA/status/1346906497012420616?s=20

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Sadly, if you followed this guy's previous "advice" (I know it's a parody account), you'd be up a poo poo load on Tesla.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Looks like IPOE landed SoFi. It's already spiked to 15.72 and has been halted. If you're willing to take a little risk, it's probably going to go nuts.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sofi-m-a-social-cap-exclusive-idUSKBN29C25K

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

pmchem posted:

hmm, if you're wealthy enough to fly on private jets, but you don't own one, what publicly traded companies can you book your private jet trips on?

FLY

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

man, hot hot HOT

continuing the financial discussion (VFH from yesterday),

https://twitter.com/bespokeinvest/status/1347225278037307400?s=20

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Every morning toss a coin. Heads PLTR is 5% up, tails it is 5% down.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

UnfurledSails posted:

Every morning toss a coin. Heads PLTR is 5% up, tails it is 5% down.

Its trading in a wide range and I think its overvalued so I'm selling options on it through Jan.

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

Looks like IPOE landed SoFi. It's already spiked to 15.72 and has been halted. If you're willing to take a little risk, it's probably going to go nuts.

That is a risk I'm willing to take! I'm over here :f5:ing like crazy.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MussoliniB posted:

I'm waiting for the halt clear myself I'm looking to burn a day trade on this pop.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MussoliniB posted:

trading now

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
My limit order at $16 got skipped after the halt. That's the way it goes. Don't FOMO at this point, it's priced way over the valuation. On to the next play.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FistEnergy posted:

My limit order at $16 got skipped after the halt. That's the way it goes. Don't FOMO at this point, it's priced way over the valuation. On to the next play.

Same here. I was puzzled as to why I didn't get filled then my mind registered 18.

Lol not gonna chase.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i filled a small order at 17, now its 20 and halted again

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

FistEnergy posted:

drat it’s spiked up to 20 since you posted

Edit: beaten like the senate walls

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Had an IPOE/U position purchased at 10.63, added some more IPOE after the halt @ 17.93 and warrants @ 6.07. Looks like commons are already over 20 now.

Splinter fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 7, 2021

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
target? i was just going to flip mine at 20 but i know nothing about it other than its hyped

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

thats not candy posted:

target? i was just going to flip mine at 20 but i know nothing about it other than its hyped

that's a pretty clear sign that it's time for you to sell

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I'm setting up a TD Ameritrade account right now and I'm not too sure what the differences are on these options, and if they even matter to me with the measly amounts I'll be playing with. Anyone care to break it down for me?

quote:

Sweep of uninvested cash

Where do you want your cash held when it’s not invested? We’ll automatically transfer (or sweep) uninvested cash into this account each day.

1. FDIC-insured deposit account at one or more banks*

By using multiple banks, the bank sweep program provides FDIC insurance coverage of up to $500,000 per depositor.

2. My brokerage account, where it is protected by SIPC insurance

The Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) insures up to $250,000 in cash.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

FistEnergy posted:

that's a pretty clear sign that it's time for you to sell

yeah i sold them at 19.8 for a quick profit and it looks like im not alone

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I bought CELH at $13 and sold at $19. Like 6 months ago.

Today it’s at $55 :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

I feel you my friend, I had a few call options locked and loaded, but once I saw it was unlocked it exploded FAR too much for me. I'll just keep staring at my other SPACs and move in, but I greatly appreciate the advice.