Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Cartoon Man posted:

You know how everyone is horny for Link in BOTW? Everyone is horny for Zagreus in Hades.

I want to gently caress the rock that sisyphus is chained to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I want to gently caress the rock that sisyphus is chained to.

Excuse me, Bouldy has a name and if you invested in the story you'd know that.

I guess the problem with the story in Hades is that it does take a good while to hit the first big moment but when it does, it's a doozy.

I'm at 120 escapes and it just keep going. I'm not sure if I've ever heard a line of repeated dialogue.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Here's a link to my youtube essay on some lewd RP scenarios involving Lernie

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Inzombiac posted:

Excuse me, Bouldy has a name

ah dude gently caress! now I dont want to gently caress the rock! jfc dude!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

Excuse me, Bouldy has a name and if you invested in the story you'd know that.

I guess the problem with the story in Hades is that it does take a good while to hit the first big moment but when it does, it's a doozy.

I'm at 120 escapes and it just keep going. I'm not sure if I've ever heard a line of repeated dialogue.

I'm over 100 and I still have plot unfolding and all new dialog. Maybe some of the Hades is Snarky After You Beat An Area dialog is repeated, but not the actual script parts.

Can't say enough good things about it and really no bad things except maybe that there are some things that aren't explained anywhere in the game.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

settling in to write some erotic hades fan fiction where the weapon aspects gently caress each other.

I dont think there is actually any repeated dialogue. I think they actually just recorded an insane amount of dialogue for this game. A lot of interactions now people just don't say anything but when they do its always a new line. Thesues in particular is a goldmine every time I run into him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

settling in to write some erotic hades fan fiction where the weapon aspects gently caress each other.

Is it really fan fiction when this happens in-game?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is it really fan fiction when this happens in-game?

wait really? I genuinely thought I had found everything in this game.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think Achilles is repeating his generic post-run encouragement lines for now where I'm at (~100 runs, seen credits but maybe only one or two wins past that) but I'm sure he'll have more to say once I hit the next story beat.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fun Times! posted:

Here's a link to my youtube essay on some lewd RP scenarios involving Lernie

Bouldy x Goron rp plz pm

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think Achilles is repeating his generic post-run encouragement lines for now where I'm at (~100 runs, seen credits but maybe only one or two wins past that) but I'm sure he'll have more to say once I hit the next story beat.

Have you done Extreme Measures 3 or 4 yet because he says he's going to stop talking to you but then he has A LOT to say again after that. You also have to run into Asterius alone a few times to trigger some of it

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I've had Zagreus repeat some of his lines in the first room of Asphodel or Elysium, so far that's it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Did they get any actual professional voice actors in for this game? Every VA job in it is so polished i'm actually having trouble telling that any of the dialogue was just recorded by random staff members

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean most games use professional VAs now a days. Even Indie projects

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Did they get any actual professional voice actors in for this game? Every VA job in it is so polished i'm actually having trouble telling that any of the dialogue was just recorded by random staff members

I think a ton of the people who did voices for the game is a Supergiant employee in some regard, which is extremely cool and also wildly unexpected for how good they all sound

Edit: Not all, but a ton. And many people have very few credits outside of Supergiant properties.

Poque fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 7, 2021

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Zagreus and Skelly are voiced by the guy who does the music for the game https://hades.gamepedia.com/Darren_Korb

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is it true that if you hire one union voice actor you can't use any freelancers?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean most games use professional VAs now a days. Even Indie projects

yeah I know! Its wild how they didn't do that on this game.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Len posted:

I would 100% use it if that was a thing. You've cooked it? Cool now you can just select the recipe from the book and it automatically grabs all the stuff you need

:yeah:

It's just so tedious.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wasn’t the voice of Princess Peach for the longest time just some lady that worked in sales for NoA or something like that? Makes sense, it’s not like voice acting for loving Peach could be all that hard

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I'd rather see people excited about games than endlessly making GBS threads on anything they don't really like.

Honestly I bounced off of Hades because I have ancient arthritic hands and can't play difficult games for long but I can see how it is superlative in basically every way. I can't imagine a person watching these interactions play out and tuning out for any reason other than pure 'not me' syndrome.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There's a story about nintendo playing dirty with BotW voice actors. Something about they hired through a shell and didn't tell anyone it was Zelda so they didn't have to pay a better rate? I read it somewhere on the forums

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah they'd rather have it suck rear end then pay the decent wages they have to pay japanese voice actors

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Casnorf posted:

I'd rather see people excited about games than endlessly making GBS threads on anything they don't really like.

I don't think you "get" Something Awful.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nintendo got sick of overpaying the guy who voiced Link's various grunts in the previous games.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mister Facetious posted:

I don't think you "get" Something Awful.

Maybe it's time for Something Awful to change. The world's negative enough these days.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s not good but I do like the BOTW voice actors. I find them endearing.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Len posted:

There's a story about nintendo playing dirty with BotW voice actors. Something about they hired through a shell and didn't tell anyone it was Zelda so they didn't have to pay a better rate? I read it somewhere on the forums

Yeah I heard that too, probably through these forums. Might explain why the VA is somewhat better in AoC if they were able to figure out that’s what they were recording for and were able to negotiate a higher rate

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s not good but I do like the BOTW voice actors. I find them endearing.

:same:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Walla posted:

Maybe it's time for Something Awful to change. The world's negative enough these days.

Reminder that Photoshop Phriday has mocked every major human tragedy (and a lot of minor ones) in recorded human history at this point, but yes, I agree.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The fish prince I liked. Zelda was really bad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Not a Children posted:

What is it about Sonic that gets people so worked up? The voice acting for BotW was dogshit and to my knowledge rabid Nintendo fans didn't storm the gates about it.

Lil insider baseball for ya, I have an acquaintance that knew the woman who voiced Mipha. Apparently they were given the script through some shell entity without any sort of context so the actors wouldn't know it was for a Zelda game and therefore wouldn't be able to negotiate their wage rate up. All the english voices in BotW were apparently done for the Screen Actor's Guild minimum rate

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Casnorf posted:

Honestly I bounced off of Hades because I have ancient arthritic hands and can't play difficult games for long but I can see how it is superlative in basically every way. I can't imagine a person watching these interactions play out and tuning out for any reason other than pure 'not me' syndrome.

I think you can be positive without going overboard.

Like a lot of people say Hades is great and fair enough but once in a generation is a bit much.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
To be fair I'm always angry about Sonic.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I finally watched the movie a couple weeks ago, and I see why it outperformed Detective Pikachu.
First good Sonic product... ever.

Len posted:

All the english voices in BotW were apparently done for the Screen Actor's Guild minimum rate

Certainly got what they paid for. Yeesh.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Reminder that Photoshop Phriday has mocked every major human tragedy (and a lot of minor ones) in recorded human history at this point, but yes, I agree.

There's a gigantic world of difference between mocking (or grieving or loving mockery) and being pointlessly dickish. Twenty years ago we were all young and stupid and that forgives a lot, so long as you learn something, you know, ever. We're older now and a little more love feels like something we can all use.

Been playing with my Mario Kart Live pair and I think I'm gonna draw deathstare eyebrows on Luigi.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The fish prince I liked. Zelda was really bad.

A lot of people agree and are relentlessly harassing the voice actress online constantly.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Casnorf posted:

We're older now and a little more love feels like something we can all use.

Like I said, I agree. :glomp:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think you can be positive without going overboard.
Pushing back against overwhelming positivity reads like contrarian rear end in a top hat, not realistic.

Hades isn't once a generation since it's basically in line with the rest of Supergiant's games. They're given a level of effort and polish you just don't see out of anyone really. That still puts it in the top fraction of a percent of Games From 2020, so it's hard to exaggerate its goodening.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

A lot of people agree and are relentlessly harassing the voice actress online constantly.

Those people are loser weirdo scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Like I said, I agree. :glomp:

:) :) :)

Quoted you in case anyone tried to take you out of context not because I disagree.