Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

BMan posted:

aegis is better than barrier

It's certainly better, but it's also half the cost of Barrier and who knows if DE will ever make it good. Rather get past the platinum tier arcane grind when it can be targeted instead of having to run 150 hours of the worst content in Warframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

you can just, not have barrier?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Chose the third option of not getting any of them I don't already have, personally. Just gave my thought process and recommendation if someone actually is willing to grind for them. If you have 0 concern about any balance changes ever hapening and are okay with turning 8 1/2 hours (napkin math) of grind into triple digit hours of grind for the same item if that ever does come through, then yeah, skip Barrier.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

lmao

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

SkyeAuroline posted:

Chose the third option of not getting any of them I don't already have, personally. Just gave my thought process and recommendation if someone actually is willing to grind for them. If you have 0 concern about any balance changes ever hapening and are okay with turning 8 1/2 hours (napkin math) of grind into triple digit hours of grind for the same item if that ever does come through, then yeah, skip Barrier.

https://warframe.market/items/arcane_barrier
https://warframe.market/items/arcane_aegis

If you don't want to grind, the price tanked while the events on

Malah
May 18, 2015

So, what level am I on when I'm building a combat limbo around Rift Torrent's %dmg?

Orv
May 4, 2011
All the way gone.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Malah posted:

So, what level am I on when I'm building a combat limbo around Rift Torrent's %dmg?

Wait, Limbo can hurt people???

Orv
May 4, 2011

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Malah posted:

An excellent idea, and I'll proudly fight alongside you with my 4 build grendel

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Grendel is unironically top tier and people just aren't talking enough about it.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Also Grendel's 4 demolishes up to Sortie 3 content.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Grendel has abilities and can do some things.

I built him.

He's definitely more powerful and fun than

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Honsetly the main weakness I have on grendel 4 is when I don't host, I can get stuck on doors that haven't opened yet because there is a delay on door opening when playing on american hosts from australia. With his enemy level scaling, you can bowl straight through corpus grunts at sortie level or grineer grunts who have been armor stripped/corpro'd. There's a bit of a problem with enemy aoe when being vomited with 3 though, it might be lag as physics on enemies with lag can get a bit weird and have them rubberbanding/warping slightly.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Malah posted:

Unpopular, technically works, will get you snarked at by fellow players?

I rate this pose one the conclave out of ten.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Malah posted:

Pull enemies into the Cataclysm and you'll stack that buff real quick.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Building Limbo like that might be easier now with helminth but I remember not being too satisfied with rift torrent despite occasionally silly large numbers. It can be done though.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Malah posted:

Invincible rift wizard doesn't work as well as I thought it would, even though Volt's 1 isn't particularly the worst of the direct damage abilities.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Explanation: Rift Surge + Cataclysm stacks Rift Torrent immediately, and 65-75 dmg per Surge debuff easily stacks up to Amp/Vex levels. Still working out range/dur balance to taste, but in the meantime its greatly amusing to play Red Light Green Light with Ogris Nightwatch Napalm and my shift key.

Related: the peculiarity of how NW Napalm scales took me by surprise. The graphics are also ... interesting ...

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Malah posted:

Related: the peculiarity of how NW Napalm scales took me by surprise. The graphics are also ... interesting ...

it's basically an Ogris-specific, AoE version of Hunter Munitions plus all the benefits of dealing heat damage

the only thing that ever stopped it from being one of the best mods in the game was it only worked on a bad gun. and then liches happened

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Also primed firestorm

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Shedu can has higher dispo, as a treat?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Umbra Forma at Teshin this week

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's basically an Ogris-specific, AoE version of Hunter Munitions plus all the benefits of dealing heat damage

the only thing that ever stopped it from being one of the best mods in the game was it only worked on a bad gun. and then liches happened

That means it does very weird things with the Kuva Ogris, doesn't it?

Malah
May 18, 2015

Blackwatch Napalm scales with weapon dmg%, faction damage, kuva bonus damage, and firestorm. Its heat procs really puts the Tonkor aug to shame.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
My Gauss/Energized Munitions/Kuva Ogris build is no joke one of the nuttiest things I've ever made. Gauss wants neutral strength and high duration, which works with Energized Munitions. Just projectile vomit out a sea of fire.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheParadigm posted:

Also primed firestorm

Primed sure footed takes it even higher up the ridiculous scale.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I have unleashed my inner pet-play domme with Khora. It is pleasantly liberating.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Phobophilia posted:

My Gauss/Energized Munitions/Kuva Ogris build is no joke one of the nuttiest things I've ever made. Gauss wants neutral strength and high duration, which works with Energized Munitions. Just projectile vomit out a sea of fire.

Could you post your builds for that?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

LtSmash posted:

Could you post your builds for that?

Just every duration mod, a bit of strength, and then custom tailor to what you need. I use movement speed mods because it will help get redline to max.

Here's a starter build. https://overframe.gg/build/8167/gauss/ultimate-endgame-tank-speedrun-adaptation-100-damage-reduction/

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I was intrigued by this gauss/energized munitions build, and I believe this may sell it to anyone still wondering if they should try it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl9T1HmkIDA

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Guilty posted:

Just every duration mod, a bit of strength, and then custom tailor to what you need. I use movement speed mods because it will help get redline to max.

Here's a starter build. https://overframe.gg/build/8167/gauss/ultimate-endgame-tank-speedrun-adaptation-100-damage-reduction/

Some notes on this Gauss build:

It's kinda bad. Gauss does not need power strength. You don't want to reduce it, but it is absolutely not needed to reach 100% DR. The only thing it affects on Kinetic Plating above 100% is the minimum DR. Consequently, you can drop the umbrals and put those slots to better use giving you range back so you can actually use Thermal Sunder (which, conveniently, also doesn't really care about power strength) as a nuke. This is my personal do-almost-everything Gauss build:

https://overframe.gg/build/43033/gauss/no-umbra-formula-fun/

Almost everything because Gauss gets claustrophobic on Railjacks.

Duration isn't quite maxed because Gauss actually really thrives when using every ability all the time, so efficiency and range for Thermal Sunder became more desirable to me than a little extra fire rate and duration on Redline (also, Redline charges a faster with lower duration). Drop Vitality and/or Augur Reach if you want to run Adaptation. I usually just run one or the other.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Helter Skelter posted:

Some notes on this Gauss build:

This build is, as I built it anyway, specifically replacing thermal sunder with energized munitions so it's a different gauss than what you're using. My general purpose gauss uses thermal sunder much like you do but that's not what's under discussion. i didn't go double umbral though so fair point on that, but conceptually having 34 range is not a flaw in this instance.

as far as calculating DR with power strength 155 or 100 I don't know what even is going on, to be honest

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 14, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Getting back into this after awhile out, what are the generally accepted verdicts and builds for Xaku and Lavos? They both look very cool.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Psion posted:

This build is, as I built it anyway, specifically replacing thermal sunder with energized munitions so it's a different gauss than what you're using. My general purpose gauss uses thermal sunder much like you do but that's not what's under discussion. i didn't go double umbral though so fair point on that, but conceptually having 34 range is not a flaw in this instance.

as far as calculating DR with power strength 155 or 100 I don't know what even is going on, to be honest

I didn't mean to knock more specialized builds, the power strength was the main thing. Gauss is kinda mechanically complex and I love him, but that means how he works is not always super intuitive and that results in a lot of people using power strength when they don't need to because the battery kinda takes a minute to wrap your head around.

Kinetic Plating's base DR range is 20-100%, depending on what your battery meter is at. At 155% power strength that range is now 31-100%, but it doesn't change the fact that you need to be at 100% battery and therefore at full Redline in order to get that 100% DR. At 80% battery (the max without Redline active), you'd be at 84% DR at 100% strength and 86.2% DR at 155% strength.

90% power strength would be range of 18-90% DR, by the way, so don't do that.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Guilty posted:

What about the kuva ogris?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Something I never understood about Gauss, which is the battery meter? The bar that fills up or the % next to it? I know one of them is the battery and no clue what the other part is.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

And Tyler Too! posted:

Something I never understood about Gauss, which is the battery meter? The bar that fills up or the % next to it?

they're the same meter

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
:nice: