Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GD_American posted:

By they you mean "the United States naval ship USS Vincennes", right?

Don't worry they all got medals for their brave service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

420_Power_Rangers posted:

Thanks everybody for the condolences.

But yeah, given the day, it's probably good i had no idea. I remember one of the managers mentioning something at the capitol, but wasn't really listening.

Anyway, have some pictures of Blue

RIP good girl

My nightmare right now. Ive got an old weim on the way out, maybe 6-12 months left... and another boy who is nearly 8. Im terrified of the day I have to go to sleep without them jumping into bed (or in the case of the 12 year old, I have to lift him). Im sorry man, thats tough.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Grittybeard posted:

Don't worry they all got medals for their brave service.

I actually knew the Captain that immediately followed the murderous jackass (he was a Navy buddy of my father's). He used to joke that his stateroom had a placard that said CO NEXT DOOR ->. The bomb that almost killed Rogers' wife went off right in the middle of the intersection in front of the mall I hung out at (University Towne Centre). They got super serious about running off loitering teens for several months, as if we were Iranian bombers.

And in case you didn't know, your joke actually happened. Rogers got the Legion of Merit after he was relieved of command for his time running the Vincennes.

edit- aw jesus, I missed the dog pictures. RIP Blue. Every dog owner's "don't think about it just don't think about it"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

GD_American posted:

No, he meant this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine_International_Airlines_Flight_752

Iran shot down an airliner that took off from Tehran a year ago very shortly after the Solemeni assassination.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also :rip: to a good girl. I gave Dakota some extra rubs just now, but he's more interested in his chew toy at the moment.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

No, he meant this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine_International_Airlines_Flight_752

Iran shot down an airliner that took off from Tehran a year ago very shortly after the Solemeni assassination.

Oh poo poo I completely forgot about that. American-centric drat memory

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

GD_American posted:

Oh poo poo I completely forgot about that. American-centric drat memory

I don’t think anyone can blame you for forgetting that even though it was only a year ago, since yesterday alone felt like enough action to fill 6 weeks. If we could stop making history every single day that would be just swell IMO

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

https://twitter.com/P8R1OT/status/1347016954847092736?s=19

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
Thanks again. Last night was tough, didn't get much sleep, and took a personal day today. Spent the day hanging out with the kids. The hardest part was explaining to my 4 year old why she's gone. We're decorating the paw print they gave us in her color now, but it's been tough

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

No, do you not remember? The Iranians shot down an airliner.

Wiki

quote:

Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 (PS752) was a scheduled international passenger flight from Tehran to Kyiv operated by Ukraine International Airlines (UIA). On 8 January 2020, the Boeing 737-800 operating the route was shot down shortly after takeoff from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport by the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corp (IRGC). All 176 passengers and crew were killed.

Also addie made a friend at the top of our hike today.

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1347323557085392897?s=21

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Amy Pole Her posted:

My nightmare right now. Ive got an old weim on the way out, maybe 6-12 months left... and another boy who is nearly 8. Im terrified of the day I have to go to sleep without them jumping into bed (or in the case of the 12 year old, I have to lift him). Im sorry man, thats tough.

:smith: old puppies

Our girl got diagnosed with a shitload of heart issues and was given a prognosis of 3 to 6 months (taking prescriptions three times a day). That was a year ago this month.

I think me being home 100% of the time to be super diligent on her pills and keeping her stress down has helped a lot, but the stress of wondering every single day of this is THE day is part of the toll quarantine has taken on my liver.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

get em

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1347322698444242945
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1347324595112730624

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I wanna marry AOC

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I wanna marry AOC

I am a firm believer that the most any person should ever feel towards a public figure, and absolutely a public official, is respect and admiration.

She's close to maxing out on my scale.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I don't want to marry her, I want to clone her. Thirty or so more of her sprinkled across the country would do a world of good.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I loving hate Ted Cruz. It’s a real battle between Trump, McConnell, and Cruz for the worst of the bunch.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

saintonan posted:

I don't want to marry her, I want to clone her. Thirty or so more of her sprinkled across the country would do a world of good.

My dad badmouthed her once, and I got to him by asking him if he really didn't like her or if he was just told by someone that he didn't like her. To his credit, he admitted he didn't know poo poo about her beyond the (anti-) memes.

So I make it a point to subtly talk her up everytime we talk current events. It worked on him when it came to Tammy Duckworth.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Big Jesus posted:

nobody here is going to be slashing tires you goobs

I'm not going to make a shirt out of discarded milk cartons but doesn't mean I wont watch a video on how to do it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I loving hate Ted Cruz. It’s a real battle between Trump, McConnell, and Cruz for the worst of the bunch.

Even people who support Ted Cruz don't like Ted Cruz. It's truly amazing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
who is this dumb piece of poo poo

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Hawley too. Cant forget that sack of stinky poo poo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

who is this dumb piece of poo poo

No idea but I thought it'd be fun to share this insanity my friend shared with me. Italian satellites can mail ballots, who knew.

Also, holy poo poo your avatar changes to a steak when I click it in the phone app :laffo:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Leper, what the gently caress is with this artificial rear end looking rods of snow on my deck right now? poo poo looks like splintered wood.

sorry I wasn't around to answer your snow question, looks like someone else got it covered
also I had no idea, I figured some weird kind of snow, there's lots of kinds I guess

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Also, holy poo poo your avatar changes to a steak when I click it in the phone app :laffo:
I am never changing this av :D

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

He's currently very angry Simon & Schuster decided not to publish his book.

I would very much like to never hear his name again other than in a 'remember that time when this idiot decided this was his path to power?' sense. I know that won't happen, but I'd like it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I literately didn’t know who this was before yesterday. He’s a piece of poo poo, but doesn’t have the laundry list the other three do. Yet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I literately didn’t know who this was before yesterday. He’s a piece of poo poo, but doesn’t have the laundry list the other three do. Yet.

Trust me when I say you won't enjoy getting to know him.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Remember over the summer when ESPN suspended Woj for 2 weeks because he replied to an email from a senator with "gently caress you"?

That senator was Hawley

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yale history wunderkid, fedsoc president, absurdly ambitious, fascist tendencies, won AG and immediately ran for senate

is ted cruz on steroids and he's not stupid

he's outflanked all the potential 2024 people, like cruz, sasse, and cotton, from the right. The only thing that was going to stop him before all this was Trump himself.

Now though...who knows.

He's legitimately scary.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Glumslinger posted:

Remember over the summer when ESPN suspended Woj for 2 weeks because he replied to an email from a senator with "gently caress you"?

That senator was Hawley

THAT'S where I knew the name!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also one of my preceptors from my favorite rotation texted me and asked "did the recruiters contact you yet?"

inpatient neuro here we come :unsmith:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Trump posted a video on Twitter. I’m not watching it but I’m sure it sucks.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Uh, he basically conceded? It's super loving weird, it looks like a deepfake.

Very much a lawyer-written thing

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's weird because it's exactly the opposite of what you'd expect. 100% teleprompter lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

shirts and skins posted:

Hahahaha it finally sunk in that he can't pardon himself so he finally backed down

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Seriously what the gently caress did I just watch, that was more heavily edited than a Transformers movie

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FizFashizzle posted:

also one of my preceptors from my favorite rotation texted me and asked "did the recruiters contact you yet?"

inpatient neuro here we come :unsmith:

What is inpatient neuro mostly? Head injuries, people with epilepsy, being the guy House asks for help?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

shirts and skins posted:

I watched it and there's a poo poo ton of editing for a two minute speech from the president. They even change cameras. It's super weird.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

I watched it and there's a poo poo ton of editing for a two minute speech from the president. They even change cameras. It's super weird.

This comment just reminded me of the photo ops when he was sick and him signing a blank paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

This comment just reminded me of the photo ops when he was sick and him signing a blank paper.

The fact that there's gonna be zero consequences for any politician who went along with this bullshit is the most disgusting thing ever.