Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that's pretty much how honkai does it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I choose to believe the next set of five stars will also have four stars. It doesn’t seem that much of a crisis.

Namaste.

Also the bad part about the weapon banner is that it is just utterly degenerate gambling that you should never do and is tempting as heck. Mmmm look at those five stars... The gulf between a five star atk and a four star, that’s free real estate.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Saxophone posted:

cryo Xiang or electro Ning.

Cryo Xiangling and regular Fischl would be an obscene team comp.

How would electro Ninguang's electric fence work?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The next set of 5 stars is Xiao and Hu Tao who have no preview of any other characters in the CBT.

Rosaria's latest rumor is 1.4, which is over 46 days away.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Pope Urbane II posted:

Cryo Xiangling and regular Fischl would be an obscene team comp.

How would electro Ninguang's electric fence work?

It won't keep raptors out, that's for sure

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Pope Urbane II posted:

They should remove c6s from the loot pool, especially now that the launch whales will have moved on. Granted, this would be an unusual move for Mihoyo even if it's not uncommon for other gacha games. (Pretty sure Honkai doesn't do this)

I agree any change is unlikely unless China starts complaining.

honkai A ranks are 350 to max / 18 per pull and S ranks are 300 to max / 30 per pull. it took me something like 6-8 months of daily farming fragments to max out the A ranks i was targeting when i played. they had quite a bit of leeway for more casual players (i did 2x stamina refresh per day in honkai because the math worked out, i imagine most people did not.)

the genshin problem is even worse because honestly the overflow currency shop does not have particularly great stuff in it, the blackcliff weapons are very middle of the road for basically every character that uses crit and getting more fragments when you have most of the roster already at c6 isn't very appealing. putting crowns or some generic constellation currency in the shop might be all they can do, unless they want to open up selling older 5 stars in that shop as well to create a big currency sink. if they do that rolling on the weapon banners would be way more appealing as well, since its way easier to get a character to use whatever dumb 5 star book or bow you end up pulling.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
i really want a c6 fishl but im c6 bennet and i dont want another albedo and im at 73 pulls
game is hard

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I thought for some reason that I'd heard Rosaria was gonna be a 4* but who knows honestly, there's so much a flood of info both true and false.

Those of us that have been playing since the beginning are probably always gonna be ahead of the game as far as 4*s go though at the rate it's going.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Radical posted:

honkai A ranks are 350 to max / 18 per pull and S ranks are 300 to max / 30 per pull. it took me something like 6-8 months of daily farming fragments to max out the A ranks i was targeting when i played. they had quite a bit of leeway for more casual players (i did 2x stamina refresh per day in honkai because the math worked out, i imagine most people did not.)

the genshin problem is even worse because honestly the overflow currency shop does not have particularly great stuff in it, the blackcliff weapons are very middle of the road for basically every character that uses crit and getting more fragments when you have most of the roster already at c6 isn't very appealing. putting crowns or some generic constellation currency in the shop might be all they can do, unless they want to open up selling older 5 stars in that shop as well to create a big currency sink. if they do that rolling on the weapon banners would be way more appealing as well, since its way easier to get a character to use whatever dumb 5 star book or bow you end up pulling.
5 stars in the shop would actually solve quite a few of those problems, you're right. When you put it that way it sounds almost inevitable. Price point would probably be very high, 200 stardust+ (certainly less than 350), but it would fix a lot. I don't see generic constellation material as likely though, fomo is too important to the game's business model.

awesmoe posted:

i really want a c6 fishl but im c6 bennet and i dont want another albedo and im at 73 pulls
game is hard
Don't pull. C1 Albedo does very little pls resist, you'll find her again some day.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 7, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
honkai characters really want their unique stigmata (like artifacts, from the gacha, though blessedly without substats) and weapons-built-exclusively for them (also from the gacha), though

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
For the 5* character banner pull without a guaranteed rate-up, odds are 50% rate-up char, 10% each of the standard banner 5*s, right? The standard pool is small enough atm that pulling on a banner where you already have the rate-up makes it hard not to land a constellation over a new character. Additional incentive to hoard gems past 70 pity if you don't like the banner 5*.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I thought for some reason that I'd heard Rosaria was gonna be a 4* but who knows honestly, there's so much a flood of info both true and false.

She's still a 4 star in the latest datamine, but not coming in the next patch.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Those of us that have been playing since the beginning are probably always gonna be ahead of the game as far as 4*s go though at the rate it's going.

Her initial datamine suggested 4*, but there's barely anything info about her anymore. Hu Tao was initially a 4* too, so it's definitely subject to change.

I can't see them not at least introducing a 4* Dendro user, but who knows how far in the future that'll be.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I really hope they up the talent drop rate at some point, it's such a slog to get to lv6, never mind the rng for 7+. The extra mora and exp books from events have so far allowed me to level up whoever I feel like trying out, but the talent books just dissapear instantly.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

honkai characters really want their unique stigmata (like artifacts, from the gacha, though blessedly without substats) and weapons-built-exclusively for them (also from the gacha), though

stigma actually have (had?) substats, but they added a currency to reroll them with. at launch it was truly awful.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Whoever the next 4* ends up being, I hope they end up being more worthwhile than Xinyan. I don't think I've seen anyone say anything about her aside from complaining about getting too many Xinyan constellations. Might as well have never existed in the first place. At least Diona was a solid addition.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

stigma actually have (had?) substats, but they added a currency to reroll them with. at launch it was truly awful.

oof

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Xinyan is aesthetic as hell and has some interesting uses at least. Far from game breaking but I like using her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I wish I had xinyan c2, she's just not functional without it if you really want to use her over other claymores.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I heard some people saying her C2 only doubles her crit rate for her ult, it doesn't actually increase her crit rate by 100%. I don't own her so I can't say.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Saxophone posted:

Honestly, at this point I'd be perfectly happy if they released new 5*s and then elemental alta for existing characters. Give me fire Barb or cryo Xiang or electro Ning.

The MC already has the tech to do this, and you'd vastly widen your pool without needing unique voicework and simply editing existing models, as well as life/etc.

There is a 0% chance of that sort thing being added without new voicework, since otherwise you'd have characters shouting like "burn!" while shooting water.

Plus they would probably be like themed costumes or something, so they'd redo all the other voicework too.

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

I have either c2 or c3 with Xinyan, and sort of regret putting so many resources into her. She's cool, but maybe I'm just using her wrong. Love Albedo c0, though.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah, c2 for xinyan is 100% crit rate on her burst so you can play her as a cdmg stacking burst support.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Vargs posted:

Whoever the next 4* ends up being, I hope they end up being more worthwhile than Xinyan. I don't think I've seen anyone say anything about her aside from complaining about getting too many Xinyan constellations. Might as well have never existed in the first place. At least Diona was a solid addition.

Despite getting like 4 extra pulls of her, I like using her. Her E really should've been given a much shorter cooldown, though, and her Q should've been in the 40e/12cd group. Also, without C2, her Pyro application is pretty abysmal.

Her biggest untapped potential, imo, is that she can pulse Pyro off the field. It's not XQ level, but it's certainly better at setting up reactions compared to Guoba. There's just no Hydro character right now that can really capitalize on it. But if they ever introduce someone with high hitting Hydro DMG on a short cooldown, she'd be the perfect partner.

Also, her Q can clear Cryo shields about as well as Amber's.

No Wave posted:

I heard some people saying her C2 only doubles her crit rate for her ult, it doesn't actually increase her crit rate by 100%. I don't own her so I can't say.

Correct, you need 50% CRIT Rate to make it guaranteed.

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008
I use Xinyan as my primary DPS (C4). She's probably (definitely) not the optimal choice, but she still shreds any content I put her in, and seeing big fat crit numbers on her ult is always very satisfying.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they should give xinyan a 4* like festering desire that looks like a guitar

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Are we sure that constellation doesn't make her ult always crit? I thought it did.

I moved from Razor to Diluc recently, and honestly think I like Razor better. I feel like his damage output is more consistent, and with superconduct, maybe higher.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

No Wave posted:

Don't pull. C1 Albedo does very little pls resist, you'll find her again some day.

Yup. And you'll be getting acquaint fates, slowly, for the rest of the game -- sooner or later you'll get Big Fish off Wanderlust

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Clarste posted:

There is a 0% chance of that sort thing being added without new voicework, since otherwise you'd have characters shouting like "burn!" while shooting water.

Plus they would probably be like themed costumes or something, so they'd redo all the other voicework too.

Fair point, less voicework then, haha.

Hell, seeing characters in a different element with a different weapon would also rule. Though there's not nearly the lore justification for that as there are elements.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

gandlethorpe posted:

Correct, you need 50% CRIT Rate to make it guaranteed.

This is misinfo that a bunch of youtubers spread. C2 makes her ult always crit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Maybe people got confused because there's the flame part and the physical part of her ult and (from what I can tell by googling) the C2 makes the physical part crit.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

No Wave posted:

Maybe people got confused because there's the flame part and the physical part of her ult and (from what I can tell by googling) the C2 makes the physical part crit.

That's been my experience, phys goblet and lots of cdmg for big bursts.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i definitely feel like i get more crits than i should with only 7.5% crit

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Xinyan is cool but I don't want a third pyro in my Diluc/Bennett team and I don't want a third shielder in my Ningguang-Zhongli team so I pretty much have her benched indefinitely.

I switched the game's voice setting to English for a while to hear XY's cool Texas accent. But Ning's voice is so bad when she shouts "Submit!" during her burst animation that I had to switch it back to a gibberish language I don't speak to avoid her driving me crazy.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 8, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have a Favonious Sword and realized I just R5ed it. It's still level 1. What character and with which role does this thing really kick butt on? I have Bennet as my main sword user, but his ult seems to be limited by time already. Seems way overkill on him. It also seems to want to prefer someone on the field since you have to crit with it, I think?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I have a Favonious Sword and realized I just R5ed it. It's still level 1. What character and with which role does this thing really kick butt on? I have Bennet as my main sword user, but his ult seems to be limited by time already. Seems way overkill on him. It also seems to want to prefer someone on the field since you have to crit with it, I think?

The Albedo trial made me want it for him.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Best 4* on Traveler support (either flavor), second best 4* for XQ or Kaeya or Bennett support

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The favonious weapons are just energy recharge weapons. you don't need to crit.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

This is misinfo that a bunch of youtubers spread. C2 makes her ult always crit.

Just tested, and it looks like you're right. I think the confusion comes from there being variance in how much damage you deal due to the RES shred on her C4 and DMG buff on A4, which can make it seem like you're sometimes critting and sometimes not. At least, that's what made me assume it wasn't a flat 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Does the Favonius crit passive work when the character is off the field?