Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

A few game days ago I made like 30 tappers and put them on trees hoping they are oak.

If you can't tell, I'd check the wiki for what maple vs. oak looks like in each season - I did that when I started playing. But maple syrup is useful too! If you don't have any beehives, they're a nice passive income source, especially if they're near flower crops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Arrgytehpirate posted:

A few game days ago I made like 30 tappers and put them on trees hoping they are oak.

you'll eventually want every tree tap so even if they aren't this isn't a complete waste. maple syrup for beehives, pine tar for rain totems and something else I think, and yeah of course a billion oak resin for kegs

plus you can just move them if you end up tapping the wrong trees.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Fun fact it seems like every normal rock in the Volcano dungeon gives 3-4 stone like a special stone node does. They're not easier to break, but it's actually a decent way to get a whole bunch quickly if you take your time pushing through.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Has anyone heard anything about why the wiki has been so messed up lately? It's spring 1 and I need to figure out my planting schedule but half the crop pages are just not loading lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The game had it's highest ever Steam player count like a week ago. It's probably just loving slammed.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

super fart shooter posted:

Has anyone heard anything about why the wiki has been so messed up lately? It's spring 1 and I need to figure out my planting schedule but half the crop pages are just not loading lol

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1346960720588537858

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
https://twitter.com/StardewWiki/status/1347271123331928064

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Thanks y’all I’ll just give mining a dedicated day or two.

I have two fields of 24 quality sprinklers ready to go for spring so my next goals are something like setting up a shed with a million casks and preserve jars, getting a lightning rod field set up before spring and working on iridium access.

I guess a horse at some point would be nice. I need the auto grabbers and to set up more advanced product making for my animals too.

Sorry I’m basically using this post as the notes app at this point

All that said, if you just need iridium for sprinklers, make sure you visit Krobus every week for one. Much easier than getting iridium.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Solumin posted:

All that said, if you just need iridium for sprinklers, make sure you visit Krobus every week for one. Much easier than getting iridium.

To clarify this. He sells one for 10,000 G every Friday. If you have access to the sewers and the money it's really recommended to do this if you need sprinklers.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Unclouded posted:

To clarify this. He sells one for 10,000 G every Friday. If you have access to the sewers and the money it's really recommended to do this if you need sprinklers.

Does it still do the thing where he only has one for sale, but if you close the dialog box and click on him again, another Iridium Sprinkler spawns in his inventory?

Also, the wiki seems to have moved domains (it's now at stardewcommunitywiki.com), maybe that's why it's constantly having issues?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

webmeister posted:

Does it still do the thing where he only has one for sale, but if you close the dialog box and click on him again, another Iridium Sprinkler spawns in his inventory?

Also, the wiki seems to have moved domains (it's now at stardewcommunitywiki.com), maybe that's why it's constantly having issues?

This was patched out in 1.4. One per week now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I haven’t met Krobus yet. Is he the shadowy figure I have to meet? It’s been low on my priority list to do that quest.

And now the wiki has been down for like two days

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I haven’t met Krobus yet. Is he the shadowy figure I have to meet? It’s been low on my priority list to do that quest.

Search for the wiki page you need and use the Google cached version

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Different guys. To find that figure you have to follow the footprints in the snow.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

You can get a cutscene with Jazz and Vincent in the south woods early on and Jazz mentions that Gunthar has the key to the sewers. You have to get several artifacts for the museum before you get access to the key and the sewers where Krobus is.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

For the new big board quests, gently caress the goddamn Prismatic Slime.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Are you having trouble finding it or killing it?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Finding it. I tried jumping with the elevator on multiple 5 floors. Did regular spelunking. Tried the desert mine. Found an infested level and tried farming it. No luck. :(

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hop between elevator 5 floors and if you don't see it right away leave, after a full loop go back to 0/leave the mine to reset, repeat. If that's what you meant by doing 5 floors, rip your luck?

you can farm a lot of peeks at a lot of floors very rapidly that way. I don't know what the odds are but I haven't had trouble getting it.

now, panning on the island on the other hand :shepface:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Yeah that's what I meant. Just unlucky I guess.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oof. Sympathies. I'm kind of glad I put it off for a long time. Admittedly because I didn't realise it was a thing that only spawns while the mission is active. @_@

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tylana posted:

If you die, you can buy the lost stuff from your backpack from the adventurer's guild.

But the stuff resets the next time you die.

Isn't it just one of the items you lost that you can request?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i got the new (i think?) ring from the island that makes enemies greatly more likely to drop coffee drinks and it more or less eliminates the need to ever grow coffee lol, you get a drop like every third kill

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is 1.5 coming to the Switch?

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

Is 1.5 coming to the Switch?

Consoles are tentatively supposed to get the patch sometime this month.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
From the 1.5 PC blogpost.

" It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. That’s because we’ve been really busy this year preparing another big free update for Stardew Valley… the 1.5 content update. It’s available right now on PC, and will come to consoles early next year. Mobile should follow later, but there’s no timeline yet. "

Though I think someone mentioned in thread that the split-screen co-op might not survive a console port? I forget. EDIT: As Poque says a post or two down, it was local in combination with online co-op that was in question. My memory is bad.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 8, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tylana posted:

" It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. That’s because we’ve been really busy this year preparing another big free update for Stardew Valley… the 1.5 content update. It’s available right now on PC, and will come to consoles early next year. Mobile should follow later, but there’s no timeline yet. "

Though I think someone mentioned in thread that the split-screen co-op might not survive a console port? I forget.

gently caress I hope it does.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tylana posted:

Though I think someone mentioned in thread that the split-screen co-op might not survive a console port? I forget.

I believe the issues were playing split-screen co-op on console when combined with online play, not split-screen on its own.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm only a few days into summer and I really love this game.

It's so nice to have a game that I can take at exactly the pace I want to. I skipped Animal Crossing because of its connection to the passage of real time. That would've made it feel like an obligation.

But this game, holy hot dogs! It seems like you can do whatever you want and there's nothing to miss out on, is that for real?

I'm having a blast managing a small plot of crops, slowly populating my first coop, fishing, and now mining. God damnit this game is perfect.

Edit: I forgot to ask - can the giant stumps and rocks on my farm be broken with upgraded tools or do I have to explode them with bombs? I haven't tried making bombs and I don't have enough (read: any) copper bars to upgrade anything.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 8, 2021

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
There is no fail state and you cannot miss anything as far as I am aware (other than Joja vs Community Center being mutually exclusive).

Worst case you could miss something that only occurs in one season, in which case you have to wait a year for that season to come back around.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There's ONE missable in the game, I believe. It's a scene with one of the bachelors.

Bachelor: --------Sam----------
Heart level required: -------Three-------

It has to be done during the first year. But it's just a cutscene, so not hugely important.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm only a few days into summer and I really love this game.

It's so nice to have a game that I can take at exactly the pace I want to. I skipped Animal Crossing because of its connection to the passage of real time. That would've made it feel like an obligation.

But this game, holy hot dogs! It seems like you can do whatever you want and there's nothing to miss out on, is that for real?

I'm having a blast managing a small plot of crops, slowly populating my first coop, fishing, and now mining. God damnit this game is perfect.

Edit: I forgot to ask - can the giant stumps and rocks on my farm be broken with upgraded tools or do I have to explode them with bombs? I haven't tried making bombs and I don't have enough (read: any) copper bars to upgrade anything.

I think your tools need the Iron upgrade to break rocks and stumps. Bombs will clear trees and small rocks but won't do anything to the big rocks or stumps.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

limp_cheese posted:

I think your tools need the Iron upgrade to break rocks and stumps. Bombs will clear trees and small rocks but won't do anything to the big rocks or stumps.

Copper for stumps, Iron for large rocks and logs.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If you are patient enough, I think nothing is missable. Except mayyybe some cutscenes for heart levels with townsfolk?

However, a bunch of stuff is limited by season (less and less as various later upgrades kick in. frex you can eventually repair your greenhouse allowing you to grow stuff whenever.)

Having gotten past my min-maxing brainworms with the remixed bundle and the beach farm, I agree that the game is charming and lovely.

I'll leave whether to wiki-dive or just chill up to you, but I have what I feel are a couple of points that can be hard to intuit.

- If you are trying to fix the community centre, the icon for it in your inventory will pulse if a selected item is used for a bundle (that you currently know about)
- Be careful about what you have in your hands when talking to people, gifting someone something rare or that they hate when you just wanted to say hi sucks.
- If you make Preserves Jars and/or Kegs, they don't care about the quality of the item you put in (almost always increases value though). So say, make your standard strawberries into Jam and sell your gold ones fresh.
- You can cycle rows of inventory with LB/RB or Tab
- If you find an ancient fruit seed in spring or summer, plant it early. If you have one in fall, save it as it'll die when winter hits before every bearing fruit.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Also once you upgrade your axe enough to chop logs there is at least one log out in the world you should definitely go explore around.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Ah, I remember my first Ancient Seed. Had no Greenhouse at the time.

Got it in the first week of Fall. Perused the Wiki. Calculated that if I planted it with Deluxe Speed-Gro, and absolutely nothing went wrong, I'd have Ancient Fruit on the 27th.

Planted it, and ran the fruit through the Seedmaker to use in the Greenhouse I had by mid-winter.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hopeandjoy posted:

Copper for stumps, Iron for large rocks and logs.

i always wondered what the default tool were made of

Tin? Plastic?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i always wondered what the default tool were made of

Tin? Plastic?

Maybe it’s rusty like the first sword you get

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
What happens if you miss one of those special heart events? I just had Leah hold her art show on the same day that Jodi invited me to dinner (and told me to bring a fish which I had to catch first) I barely made it on the second one, but I was wondering if they repeat later if you miss it or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Pretty sure you can wait 10 years to bring Jodi her bass and the event will still fire whenever you finally do.

Heart events aren't missable except the one Sam event that's year 1 only, as far as I know. Several of the high-heart events start with getting a "meet me at X place at Y time" letter and then the event triggers the next time you go to that place at the proper time/in proper weather, it can be same day or years later. (Come to think of it, I'm not sure what happens if you lose hearts with the person after the letter but before the actual event triggers, can you miss an event that way?)