Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Soylent Pudding posted:

I fear the bloodbath it could have been if the terrorists actually got their hands on congresspersons or staffers

Yup. And the cops would have been thrilled with it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Its just a continuation of the last 4 years. If you stand for nothing you can stand for anything. Create the smallest sliver of space/doubt and then use it to claim your principles are on the side of righteousness.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Icon Of Sin posted:

Someone in the Freep thread went mining for quotes on thedon, some of them are indeed pissed.

Quote 1 (follow to see actual quotes)

and a second serving, if you're into abyss-gazing.
That place is a hellhole of insanity.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNally posted:

I genuinely don't believe such a vendor exists.

https://www.gettysburgflag.com/flags-banners/general-w-t-sherman-flag-3x5

I don't recall finding Confederate Trash on their page.

On the subject of Uncle Billy.

https://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/decoding-shermans-flag-and-conserving-historic-treasure

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 8, 2021

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Icon Of Sin posted:

Someone in the Freep thread went mining for quotes on thedon, some of them are indeed pissed.

Quote 1 (follow to see actual quotes)

and a second serving, if you're into abyss-gazing.

I haven't read the freeper thread in years. It just got too gross.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1347363088341864448

She wants to go back to owning Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I hope someone sets up a website that collects where all these top level rear end holes end up so that there can in fact be wide spread protests and boycotts of where-ever they end up until they do some sort of act of contrition. Something like public flogging, or giving up the vast majority of their wealth and possessions to the public good. I know it won't happen, but drat it I need the people that helped enable all this poo poo to be pariahs.

A shame that such a website would probably be opened up to harassment claims or something.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

oh, fun tidbit from the end of that pipe bomb article:

quote:

Another reason for the security failure was the delayed deployment of the DC National Guard, which President Trump reportedly resisted. Another cause of the delay not previously reported is that the DC National Guard lacked riot gear, because much of it was in the possession of active-duty military personnel. It had been lent to them this summer as part of Trump’s controversial plans to deploy active-duty military to subdue protests, according to a current law enforcement official familiar with the matter

Army gonna army.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Soylent Pudding posted:

I don't think Uncle Billy is particular about which Geeogia he burns.

Also if I felt the need to get an army of the Potomac flag to fly here in NoVa are there any goon recommended sources that won't be funneling money to some rear end in a top hat also selling confederate memorabilia to racists?

https://www.gettysburgflag.com/flags-banners/army-of-potomac-1864-flag-3x5

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Defenestrategy posted:

I hope someone sets up a website that collects where all these top level rear end holes end up so that there can in fact be wide spread protests and boycotts of where-ever they end up until they do some sort of act of contrition. Something like public flogging, or giving up the vast majority of their wealth and possessions to the public good. I know it won't happen, but drat it I need the people that helped enable all this poo poo to be pariahs.

A shame that such a website would probably be opened up to harassment claims or something.

Littlesis.org is probably as close as you'll get.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

How hard did you look? Because they're selling Confederate flags.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I've said it before, but the fact that police unions elect the very worst to represent them tells you everything you need to know about cops. In this case, Chicago PD doesn't think that assaulting the Capitol should be illegal:

https://twitter.com/ChipMitchell1/status/1347207462097715200

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Thanks for the links. I really doubt there is anyone selling union flags that's also not selling treason rags. Best I can hope for is that they really are in it for the history and not massively racist.

brains
May 12, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

oh, fun tidbit from the end of that pipe bomb article:

Army gonna army.
hey remember that time the vice president usurped the commander-in-chief and starting issuing orders to the military directly?

CNN posted:

Vice President Mike Pence, not President Donald Trump, helped facilitate the decision to mobilize members of the DC National Guard Wednesday when violence at the US Capitol building started to escalate, according to a source familiar with the move and public comments from top officials.
As the chaos unfolded, doubts were raised about whether Trump would order the DC National Guard to respond due to the slowness of the response. Public statements by acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller and other top officials suggested it was Pence who ultimately approved the decision. Miller's statement Wednesday seems to indicate he did not even speak with Trump, discussing the matter with his deputy instead as sources told CNN the President was reluctant to even denounce the violence being carried out in his name.
sounds like ol' mikey invoked his own personal 25th while sitting in a shelter yesterday.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
It feels like we're in the Caine Munity only they don't actually want to commit to telling Queeg he's cracked.

Volkova III
Jan 5, 2021

As Nero Danced posted:

I think their thinking is if you jump off right before your foot touches the water you didn't go down with the ship.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've said it before, but the fact that police unions elect the very worst to represent them tells you everything you need to know about cops. In this case, Chicago PD doesn't think that assaulting the Capitol should be illegal:

I was gonna post this earlier, I feel like this dude sums up the general feeling of law enforcement (hierarchy in particular); they don't see it as an issue because they are/agree with the chuds. It's not anti-police or minorities protesting, so it's just good ol boys will be boys, whatareyagonnado.

Not that this is news to anyone here but this dude is basically outright saying it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

It feels like we're in the Caine Munity only they don't actually want to commit to telling Queeg he's cracked.

if donnie starts rolling balls around in his hands and ranting about strawberries, I’ll lose it

but also the lesson of that book at the end is that queeg was a good guy. not the case here!

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

brains posted:

hey remember that time the vice president usurped the commander-in-chief and starting issuing orders to the military directly?

sounds like ol' mikey invoked his own personal 25th while sitting in a shelter yesterday.

Mother was there. He had to act tough at least for a moment.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Stultus Maximus posted:

Just curious, what is the standard for a peaceful protest taking over a state or federal building? What about confront elected officials? I'm reluctant to broadly condemn the actions as I think there's room there. Specific stuff like a confederate flag, looking for hostages, or otherwise trying to hurt people is easy.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I really want to understand the psychology of these people. The only thing I can think of that overlaps both with "the cruelty is the point" and people like this cow-eyed yokel justifying their thrillseeking as patriotism ... is boredom. And boredom itself is complicated.

Instead of prison sentences, put 'em on WPA crews or something.

quote:

MIDLAND, Texas (KOSA) - Midlander Jenny Cudd says she’s gotten seven death threats at her business since she participated in the riot at the U.S. Capitol Wednesday.

In a post on her Facebook page, Cudd says, “I did not do anything illegal, vandalize, or hurt anyone.”

She also wrote that the media is blowing the riot out of proportion, creating fear and spreading lies.

At least four people died in the riot.

Cudd posted a video on her Facebook page Wednesday afternoon, proudly telling viewers that she stormed the Capitol. She talked about people tearing down Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s officer doors and stealing her gavel and the general chaos all over the building.

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1347334743323394048

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just confessing to crimes on national tv.

I love it. And probably, so does the fbi.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

look yall, besides the trespassing, destruction of federal property, breaking and entering, and petty theft. WE WHERE LAW ABIDING PATRIOTS!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I missed out on the news today and don't feel like reading through a few hundred posts. Anyone got a good, succinct paragraph summary of the events of the day?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just confessing to crimes on national tv.

I love it. And probably, so does the fbi.

These people are idiots and it's this level of stupidity which ascended Donald Trump to his throne.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I missed out on the news today and don't feel like reading through a few hundred posts. Anyone got a good, succinct paragraph summary of the events of the day?

Trump conceded which caused a kerfuffle on Parler and it caused certain sects of his most Die Hard base to question their existence.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 8, 2021

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Wake up sheeple! We’re stopping the steal and starting a revolution! We! The! People!

*24 hours later*

I regret to inform my family, neighbors, former employer, and the investigating officers that I never intended to do anything illegal and simply followed others around like a sheep.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

President posted a message saying it's over, but no one believes him. D members of congress want trump removed by any means necessary, 25th or Impeachment. VP says 25th is not necessary. News trickling out about people hurt.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

-People are pissed at the chuds
-Twitter/Instagram/Facebook probated trumps account[two weeks], which means that these social media companies have actually punished trump far more than Congress has and probably ever will.
-He's on Parler now I think.
-Joe Biden was certified as the next president.
-Trump, fearing that he was on the hook for all the poo poo yesterday, conceded the election and told people to not do more crimes
-Department heads are stepping down, because they also fear they will be held complicit[they wont be]

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Arrests are starting to happen, lots of people being processed, a bunch of apology videos posted by chuds on twitter, multiple cabinet resignations, and literally zero people backing Donnie, leading to the halfassed concession video. Momentum building for another impeachment, demands from Pelosi/Schumer for Pence to exercise the 25th (which won't happen), and Donnie's being abandoned en masse by basically everyone in Washington.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/VcPeacF.mp4

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
These idiots make me feel smart in comparison, maybe that's why I love it so much. The Animaniacs thing in the cool zone thread was just wonderful, made my goddamn week.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely situation, but it's just so goddamn delightful to see the twitter posts like, why is the fbi calling me? Just delicious, sweeter than any dessert I could possibly make.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also the president’s concession still just said they had an amazing first term, won the election, would continue the maga fight, and “an orderly transition” would take place.

So room for interpretation still.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

We found out one of the protesters who died had a heart attack after accidentally tasing himself in the balls.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Honestly this nails it better than anything else could.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Peak Idiocracy “ow, my balls” content

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A terrorist killing themselves by tazing their own balls feels like the perfect encapsulation of MAGA.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Oh, and over 4,000 Americans died today from *with* Covid :coronatoot:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
All the dead folks have been disavowed as antifa plants so they don't even have martyrs for their beer gut putsch.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
If they don't round up as many of the fuckers as they can now, the fascists might head back to DC for round two. Talk all you want about how we've finally turned a page, but the there's still a lot of violent nutjobs waiting for their moment.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1347371394334662656?s=19

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
All Biden has to do is say "You know what, I don't need this ~grand spectacle~ of an inauguration in front of the Capitol. Not after what just happened. We'll hold a small televised ceremony *somewhere*, and once it's done, I'll get to work for the American people."

But NO. IT'S JOEY'S TURN! :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/timgill924/status/1347246668362735616?s=21