Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
It looks fake and unappealing and covered in grease and anyone that thinks it looks edible needs to go eat something immediately because you're too hungry to be thinking clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

fizzymercy posted:

It looks fake and unappealing and covered in grease and anyone that thinks it looks edible needs to go eat something immediately because you're too hungry to be thinking clearly.

Counterpoint: Gimme that monstrosity, the McDonald's hash browns are the best thing on the menu

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fizzymercy posted:

you should try weed

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe if the hashbrowns were larger, but if they're just the size of the burger, everything will squish out when you take a bite and the potato will start to fall apart as you try harder to hold onto it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Stick it on a plate and just fork it. I wouldn't eat it every day, but would.

That said, burgs and sandwiches that don't fit in your mouth/fall apart/get poo poo all over your hands are the scourge of the earth and it sucks they're default at many restaurants now. Like gently caress at least I can eat a McDonald's burger with my goddam hands.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Stick it on a plate and just fork it. I wouldn't eat it every day, but would.

That said, burgs and sandwiches that don't fit in your mouth/fall apart/get poo poo all over your hands are the scourge of the earth and it sucks they're default at many restaurants now. Like gently caress at least I can eat a McDonald's burger with my goddam hands.

A local place had a really good chicken BLT, their food supplier started getting them these jumbo sized chicken breast patties now and some lovely ranch sauce, the whole thing is twice as big and impossible to eat without taking a shower afterward

E: this same place started putting as much mayo on their burgers as that sandwich from Undercover Brother, and while I LIKE mayo, it means the whole thing slides out from the buns. Its also shifty mayo

bawk has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Jan 7, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Glumslinger posted:

the McDonald's hash browns are the best thing on the menu

they also serve as a highly effective laxative.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Are these those potato rolls I've heard so much about

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can dig hash browns on a burg , but those are not the correct type of hash browns

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Drop the pickles and ketchup, and I absolutely would

Coward

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

mllaneza posted:

There are also grades of pepperoni, when I make pizza at home I get the good stuff and you can tell the difference. Linguica is still a better topping if you can get it. And if you can, consider a linguica, garlic, and artichoke pizza for an ultimate savory experience.

When I worked in retail we had a pizza counter. Customers could order it how they liked (base/toppings/sauce) and the girls would load up the base and wrap it for them to cook at home.

The white bits in the pepperoni were actually pasta, to make it healthier. I never felt the same about it after I found that out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pickles are garbage food

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

monkeytennis posted:

When I worked in retail we had a pizza counter. Customers could order it how they liked (base/toppings/sauce) and the girls would load up the base and wrap it for them to cook at home.

The white bits in the pepperoni were actually pasta, to make it healthier. I never felt the same about it after I found that out.
I think your pepperoni were defective if there was pasta.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
carb up

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Pickles are garbage food

:mods:
I thought you were cool, skull comrade. How dare you. The Omnissiah will hear about this...

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pickles are great, ice cold and on the side

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Hirayuki posted:

Five Guys has meant less than nothing to me. I know people who swear by it, go crazy over it, but I went twice and it was just :shrug:. I heard--probably here--that you're better off going to a location that's been open for longer, because the grill (or whatever) gets seasoned and results in better burgs. Maybe I'll give them another try now that my local restaurant isn't brand-new.

I went to 5 Guys once and it was...OK. Marginally better than the bigger fast food joints, but absolutely not worth the price. A burger, large fries and drink here costs the equivalent of 20-25 USD. For that price I could go to a non-fast food restaurant or pub and get a proper gourmet burger with steak fries, extras and a couple of pints of half-decent beer.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

monkeytennis posted:

what country is this lol

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/kgb_files/status/1347153163212746753

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I kept reading that as Stallion Doner and I'll be honest. It sounded delicious.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Iron Crowned posted:

Pickles are garbage food

iron crowned is correct. Their only use is on things you don't actually want to taste, because if you put a pickle/ketchup on it they are going to drown out any other flavor.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Iron Crowned posted:

Pickles are garbage food

But what if you had them as a pizza topping?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

iron crowned is correct. Their only use is on things you don't actually want to taste, because if you put a pickle/ketchup on it they are going to drown out any other flavor.

pickles go on burgers, its just vinegar and dill in a crunchy form. Just don't cake the thing in them. A bit of onion, a bit of pickle, a small slice of good tomato, thin spread of mustard and a thinner spread of mayo specifically on a toasted bun.

Ketchup can gently caress off, its syrup and tomato, if I want tomato on my burger ill get an in season slice without the sugar

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah well this is what I do with the leftover turkey after holidays

:colbert:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

you have been banned from both koreas

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

thecluckmeme posted:

pickles go on burgers, its just vinegar and dill in a crunchy form.

yeah and I don't like that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I prefer more evenly and unobtrusively spread dill and vinegar instead of little bombs that if you don't fully bite through will just slip out of the sandwich and leave you to munch on it alone while the rest of the sandwich is sadly left more bland.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Yet you eat rear end in a society. Curious!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Emily Spinach posted:

Yet you eat rear end in a society. Curious!

The secret of eating a rear end is to not put condiments on the rear end.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Butt what about other prepositions?

In the rear end?
Around the rear end?
Through the rear end??

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

You should always butter your buns

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

you gotta try it with cinnamon one of these days, it's a real treat

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Opinion accepted. We will send you the next form when applicable.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

In the rear end?
works for a pickle if you do like them and probably looks hilarious, no flared base though so watch out.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Iron Crowned posted:

Ketchup is a garbage food
I'd keep the pickles, ketchup does nothing for me

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I've had a pickle in my rear end and I don't recommend it. It burned and I could taste it through my butthole.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

thecluckmeme posted:

pickles go on burgers, its just vinegar and dill in a crunchy form. Just don't cake the thing in them. A bit of onion, a bit of pickle, a small slice of good tomato, thin spread of mustard and a thinner spread of mayo specifically on a toasted bun.

Ketchup can gently caress off, its syrup and tomato, if I want tomato on my burger ill get an in season slice without the sugar

Ketchup is tomato and vinegar fam, there’s no rule that says you need to sweeten it

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I've played final fantasy 7, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I do not like raw eggs and RAM.