Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

We're in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This is incredible.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Speed running another TS2 level in the middle of the current one. Impressive.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is a pretty fun run anyway, I don't know the game at all but the runner & commentary have some funny banter & energy

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
TS2 is an amazingly fun game that is also very mean with a lot of old school design, for better and for worse. Still one of my all time favorites though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like they'll have to stall a bit to get that IWBTFG incentive met unless he can start playing before it's actually met.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like Glados managed to cut off the pre-recorded interview AND all the music

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

UED Special Ops posted:

TS2 is an amazingly fun game that is also very mean with a lot of old school design, for better and for worse. Still one of my all time favorites though.

Earlier FPS games are like that. Duke3D World Tour had commentary from some of the original level designers on it and one remarked "Wow, we really must have hated the player back then" after some mean part of a level.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Fangame per death donation, hopefully he'll do well or this'll rack up quickly

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That was some serious canned applause

e: Great Prime sub song

ee: Nice that they were able to pull that incentive off, the cutscene made it worth it

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 8, 2021

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Video games.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This sloth driving game looks great already.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

This sloth driving game is cute and kinda nifty but also I think ~20 minutes is about as long as it could stay interesting. That wheel pop trick/slanted tracks stuff was really cool though.

e: that last level looked legit brutal, though. Nifty, reasonably-paced run.

MuffiTuffiWuffi fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 8, 2021

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
This is a minigame?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Azza Bamboo posted:

This is a minigame?

Yeah. A speedrun of a minigame. Very novel.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shout out to the sid shirt

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

They can't get this incentive met because the runner keeps talking and they can't get a word in to advertise it.

Kinda looks grim for the Twin snakes Tuxedo incentive too. I feel like these EU afternoon / US early morning ones are always the toughest.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
wrote that too soon

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Reverse psychology, always works.

I didn't even actually bother to speculate whether or not the Wand of Gamelon incentive would get met because I knew it will. Mario 64 is at 250k so that's a bit insane but it's Mario, and it's blindfolded, so I reckon that will as well.

The most endangered are these mid-day incentives, IMO. Hopefully that Twin snakes one gets a boost as well.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Then the madman won by one point, 960-959.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Everyone should watch this Twin snakes run just to hear Bradderfield doing the character voices in the donations.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

These are some good sprite choices so far, the smoking dragon killed me.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nezumiman was way better game than it had any right to be.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Surprised they didn't show off the post game thing real quick.

There's a Ghouls and Ghosts parody level

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

Nezumiman was way better game than it had any right to be.
I want to play it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I looked away for a Zoom meeting and missed the whole Luigi's Mansion Run?! 11 minutes?!

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I didn't realize there was a DKC2 rom hack being run soon. I don't know what it is, but I'll never turn down DKC2 content!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wonder if the reason they've been only playing ocremix remixes is because they're nervous about the whole Twitch DMCA bullshit that happened a month(??) ago

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

6 golden coins looks really nice but probably controls/feels the worst of any of the official mario platformers

also a person is wearing a mario mask while running it looks like

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The 7th Guest posted:

i wonder if the reason they've been only playing ocremix remixes is because they're nervous about the whole Twitch DMCA bullshit that happened a month(??) ago

They started using the OCR music a few events ago; I figured at the time it was just to change things up but avoiding DMCA strikes also seems likely

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i dont think my brain can watch 3 marios at once

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"this is the first level to have floaty physics" lol no it is not friend. that is the entire game

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Everybody jammin :kimchi:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I remember playing this all the time as a kid so boy do I feel nostalgic right now.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
the donation reader right now has a top tier chill radio voice

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I love the intense enthusiasm these guys have for this extremely niche thing. Dude is just jacked he got a 'perfect castle'.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Those screenwraps were really neat. Cool run.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It was neat to see the glitches, but now I want to see an all collectibles/all worlds run because there's just so much to pick up in Wario Land. Looks like both of those run about twice as long as the any% so I'm guessing it's just going out of the way to get items while still screenwrapping (Best ending WR, meanwhile, clocks in at over an hour and a half.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

6 golden coins looks really nice but probably controls/feels the worst of any of the official mario platformers

i played mario land 2 for the first time in the past month and it seriously took me like 50 lives to beat the final level

the game controls like hot garbage