Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Honestly I think toilet eve might attract worse people than EO because mobile games are designed solely for degenerates.

I would argue, but the facts speak for themselves at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

OniPanda posted:

I woulda guessed Harley, but yeah you're right, he wasn't aggressive enough to really scream Harley

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone under 50 with a Harley. I don't know poo poo about motorcycles but they seem like 'late life crisis' mobiles to me. Maybe it's just my area.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone under 50 with a Harley. I don't know poo poo about motorcycles but they seem like 'late life crisis' mobiles to me. Maybe it's just my area.

I see stupid fucks of all ages on Harleys here in the lovely Midwest.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

drat Dirty Ape posted:

They used to be for younger people, but Harley Davidson has realized that boomers will pay a premium to feel like rebels and cranked the price way up so its primarily a hobby for older doctors and lawyers, like boats

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

RFC2324 posted:

They used to be for younger people, but Harley Davidson has realized that boomers will pay a premium to feel like rebels and cranked the price way up so its primarily a hobby for older doctors and lawyers, like boats

And then realized they can't rely on that market segment alone cause boomers are getting too old to impulse buy motorcycles and went back to trying to appeal to the youths but they went too hard on the boomer courting and are pretty saddled with that, yeah. I know a few millennials that own Harleys, but they're few and far between, most are rockin sport bikes not cruisers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Harleys are poo poo anyways.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

drat Dirty Ape posted:

A metric bike of the same size and power usually costs half as much as a Harley. Younger people would ride them, by the time you are 50 you can actually afford to. Note I don’t ride the loving things I choose life.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
A reflection on how I failed at EE yesterday. I started the morning running a little gate camp in M2, Just me in my hic and 2 other medium tackle. It started off with a nice phantasm kill, that I now believe was bait for the other faction cruisers who killed me. It was not a very good showing on my part, because I was actually peeing and not looking at my screen when they attacked. The second loss was during a defense fleet, where we jumped into the system just as the opposition was landing on the same gate. Because I was in a logi, I was the juiciest killable target on the field for them and did not make the burn back to the gate. I was webbed to a crawl and popped in short order. In hindsight, it would not have mattered if I was webbed or not, because I was a dumb rear end and didn’t deactivate my cap charging feature, and still wouldn’t have made it back to the gate regardless of their webs.

The last three kills occurred while starting up another money gate. I was flying there in my newly purchased dic (because of the loss of the hic) and three vni’s. The pipe had been recently scouted and the way appeared to be clear from S-U to M2. I set my destination and started my way there. As I landed on the 6-U gate, one of the vni’s dc’d and I took my attention off my other screens to relog. Before I know it, I am in a bubble on the other side of the gate with three or so nado’s and a dictor. They are about 20 off and I decide to try to orbit at 17 to get under their guns. With three accounts running you have to be quick about hitting all the buttons, and apparently, I was too quick. I do not know if it was lag, or what, but everything went wrong. Half my modules did not activate, and one ships drones refused to attack. I was not even able to kill their hic, which should not have given me any issues. While freaking out and trying to activate modules, the nado’s closed and webbed me, and then autocannon’s me to death. I was an idiot. I should have burned back to the gate and called for a defense fleet asap. I was an idiot, and in the time it took for us to form, they had escaped.

I would consider myself a moderately competent pilot most of the time, but today I was a complete dunderhead. I am putting this here to share my shame, and to help new players know that it is ok to make mistakes. They happen to us all. In the spirit of sharing, please tell me about your most shameful dunderheaded blunders in Eve.

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
Completely unrelated to space cars, but one of the other big issues Harley's have is they weigh about as much as a car. They're comfortable to sit on, but actually riding the things is just not worth the effort when there are so many options similar in style just cheaper and lighter. Probably why they went belly-up

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Kungfu Trader posted:

I would consider myself a moderately competent pilot most of the time, but today I was a complete dunderhead. I am putting this here to share my shame, and to help new players know that it is ok to make mistakes. They happen to us all. In the spirit of sharing, please tell me about your most shameful dunderheaded blunders in Eve.

First week of the game and first attempted deadspace by us Goons at the time. We were already getting free Coercers to suicide/play with and I undocked from the null station to set up a deadspace overview while I moved to the sytem. I wasnt paying any attention to my screen and I got popped outside of the station by two neutrals while messing around. I was there for a good minute and if I wasnt so new I may of noticed it happening. They also got my pod...

Then months later when I should know better we finished up a money gate in Syndicate. It was a huge success. I used my newly bought VNI as money gate was very safe really. At this point we didnt get VNIs free and I was not that space rich at all. In any case. I set my autopilot the 8 or so jumps home, route was scouted and clear. I get 2 jumps from home and really need to afk because nature was calling. Come back 10 mins later to find myself dead and my 300million plus ISK VNI on a kill mail. I piloted to the system and was afk on the gate the whole time I was away. So yeah another lesson learned and a reasonable chunk of my cash at the time lost. You have to pay attention, even when on the toilet.

Those are my worst ones, I mean Ive lost a few ships, but Im pretty risk adverse in general.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Here's a couple of feel-good stories because I know what is coming later today:

Story 1: The 10 Second Window

Over the weekend, a Vigilant, Succubus, inty and covops decided to come play in S-U. They were warping around looking for targets, but we were quick to react and got a gate camp on the exit gate so that they couldn't get out. They decided to safe up, however I saw them warp to it, so I knew it was between a gate and a planet.

Thus began our great experiment of trying to land on grid with their safespot. I began warping back and forth between the celestial and gate, signaling for covops to warp to me when I saw the enemies flash on my overview during warp. I believe we were actually getting fairly close to a success when they warped into a neighboring system.

By this time we had multiple dictors available, so we positioned a fleet on each exit from that system (keeping one scout and myself in the system that the enemies were in). They began to check the gates with the interceptor, since it couldn't be tackled. I knew they wanted to get out, and I knew that they would never attempt to do so with a gate camp.

I decided to keep a camp on the "backdoor" exit, but I pulled our fleet from the main exit and set them at the nearby planet and aligned back to the gate. Sure enough, the interceptor came through, saw it was clear, and signaled for the vigilant and succubus to come. As the vigilant appeared on grid, I signaled the fleet to warp in and bubble up immediately. The vigilant jumped, thinking the other side was clear, only to load screen with a dozen honking geese. I knew that we would only have a brief moment to get back to the gate as the vigilant was jumping in, and I'm super proud of everyone for following orders perfectly throughout that entire process.

Story Two: The Russians Are Coming

A few nights ago, after successfully base-burning some nearby enemies, 10 of us decided to go on a roam of northern Syndicate, where I had spotted BCs and faction cruisers ratting on occasion. I was in my arby dictor and we had a few VNIs and Cynabals with us. Things were fairly quiet, and I was worried that we wouldn't find content, however I noticed that people had been ratting in the Wild Geese (russian corp) homesystem of GNRJ. Warping to the station at 100, there is a myrmidon, hurricane, and phantasm sitting there. The Phantasm locks me and begins burning towards me. I warp back to the gate, hoping that they would follow, as our team was waiting on the other side. They didn't, but this gave me an idea.

From the gate, I warped to the station at 100 to see if the phantasm was really dumb. Luckily it was and it locked me again and started burning. When it was about 50km away and closing, I locked back and approached. At 20km I activated the bubble and then got double-webs on him, and called in the cavalry. I took some heavy damage, but for some reason they stopped attacking me. I believe they didn't realize how far off the station they were and were trying to de-aggress. It didn't work and everyone landed on my bubble and on top of the Phantasm. The BCs sat next to station, watched their friend die, and docked up.

Two systems over, I jump in and see two Wild Geese in system and a level 6 inquisitor site. I put a bubble up in case they try to run, and send in the Cynabals to chase them off. Cynabals get to the site and say it's unfinished but the enemies warped off. I tell the russians "Thanks for the Inq" and call everyone in to steal it. We land on the entrance gate, and apparently one of the russians type "ok let's go then" in local. Some of us take the first gate into the site when a gila lands on the entrance. Thankfully not everyone was in warp, and we get a tackle and make quick work of it. I start to warp back to the entrance to scoop the loot when I hear "BHAALGORN!! BHAALGORN LANDING!!". We absolutely melt the bhaal while losing no ships. Wild Geese lose about 18b in ships in the span of 15 minutes.

But our story doesn't end there. The next day, around lunchtime, we start getting reports of S-U local spiking. Several russian corps, mainly Wild Geese, have sent a 35-man fleet into the pocket, with a mix of cruisers, BC, and logi. So we start forming up. Mrs McHuge is on a conference call, so Cetan does shot-calling. We're trying to get a warp-in on the ranged portion of their fleet. We were outnumbered but if we could take out the 7 snipers they had, it would likely break their DPS output and we could clean up. Sadly they keep warping to different gates before we can get good warp-ins. However, they start to notice that our numbers are climbing and decide to make a break for it. We're able to jump to the exit gate and get it bubbled though, so they all start landing one at a time into our bubble and we begin to shred them. We took out about 16 of their fleet including all of their BCs. We lost about 5 ships total, and I believe three of those were prior to the actual fight due to some botched communications.

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Kungfu Trader posted:

I've lost a Prophecy to AP taking me through null, and a few other Proph to not taking an anom or mission seriously enough or not paying enough attention in a DS, but those aren't really that shameful. Most Geese know this one already, continuing with the theme of controlling multiple ships at once. During our "station" defense the fleet shows up early and starts poking into the pocket so I start positioning myself to help out. I jump my Moa Guardian pilot into our staging system. I move my main into a Arbitrator Dictor to help bubble stuff up and get positioned on a gate. I undock a few pilots in covert ops ships and start scouting around and getting intel. I see where the enemies are coming into our pocket and start reporting compositions. I'm flying a covert ops around the outpost seeing what the enemy is doing and feeling pretty good about how I'm setup. I even work on getting my Tornado pilot setup to hopefully do some long range sniping if the opportunity comes up.

Then I start noticing shield damage on my other monitor. That Moa Guardian I jumped into the staging system? That's all I did, I forgot about it and never jumped it to dock up in station, it had been just sitting quietly on the gate where it had de-cloaked the entire time I was doing this scouting. The enemy fleet had it completely bubbled, scrammed, webbed, with dozens of people shooting it before I even noticed. Swarmed on by the fleet I was busy scouting myself with two other characters. Tanked them for longer than I would have expected, but had no hope of escaping or making it back to gate. I think that ended up being our biggest value loss of the entire day. :cry:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Kungfu Trader posted:

While doing deadspace on two separate occasions, hostiles jumped in system, we knew they were trying to womp us, but for some reason my idiot brain said warp to entrance gate when I started getting blapped by rats. I knew this was a mistake immediately after hitting warp. No one had called them at the entrance gate, but I felt it in my bones. I think I've learned my lesson after losing two CaNIs a week apart to the same stupid thing. But probably not.

orange juche posted:

Harleys are poo poo anyways.

Fully agreed. I hate Harleys both because Harley people are in general the worst examples of humankind, and also because the design and engineering of Harleys is dog poo poo.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

OniPanda posted:

I knew this was a mistake immediately after hitting warp.

love that feeling of dead but it being too late to do anything

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

First goose to get Chopped :shobon:

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Kaysette posted:

love that feeling of dead but it being too late to do anything

Yep, feel it right in my stomach.

imPerpetual
Apr 14, 2007
The virtual energizer bunny.

Big McHuge posted:

Here's a couple of feel-good stories because I know what is coming later today:

Story 1: The 10 Second Window

Over the weekend, a Vigilant, Succubus, inty and covops decided to come play in S-U. They were warping around looking for targets, but we were quick to react and got a gate camp on the exit gate so that they couldn't get out. They decided to safe up, however I saw them warp to it, so I knew it was between a gate and a planet.

Thus began our great experiment of trying to land on grid with their safespot. I began warping back and forth between the celestial and gate, signaling for covops to warp to me when I saw the enemies flash on my overview during warp. I believe we were actually getting fairly close to a success when they warped into a neighboring system.

By this time we had multiple dictors available, so we positioned a fleet on each exit from that system (keeping one scout and myself in the system that the enemies were in). They began to check the gates with the interceptor, since it couldn't be tackled. I knew they wanted to get out, and I knew that they would never attempt to do so with a gate camp.

I decided to keep a camp on the "backdoor" exit, but I pulled our fleet from the main exit and set them at the nearby planet and aligned back to the gate. Sure enough, the interceptor came through, saw it was clear, and signaled for the vigilant and succubus to come. As the vigilant appeared on grid, I signaled the fleet to warp in and bubble up immediately. The vigilant jumped, thinking the other side was clear, only to load screen with a dozen honking geese. I knew that we would only have a brief moment to get back to the gate as the vigilant was jumping in, and I'm super proud of everyone for following orders perfectly throughout that entire process.

Story Two: The Russians Are Coming

A few nights ago, after successfully base-burning some nearby enemies, 10 of us decided to go on a roam of northern Syndicate, where I had spotted BCs and faction cruisers ratting on occasion. I was in my arby dictor and we had a few VNIs and Cynabals with us. Things were fairly quiet, and I was worried that we wouldn't find content, however I noticed that people had been ratting in the Wild Geese (russian corp) homesystem of GNRJ. Warping to the station at 100, there is a myrmidon, hurricane, and phantasm sitting there. The Phantasm locks me and begins burning towards me. I warp back to the gate, hoping that they would follow, as our team was waiting on the other side. They didn't, but this gave me an idea.

From the gate, I warped to the station at 100 to see if the phantasm was really dumb. Luckily it was and it locked me again and started burning. When it was about 50km away and closing, I locked back and approached. At 20km I activated the bubble and then got double-webs on him, and called in the cavalry. I took some heavy damage, but for some reason they stopped attacking me. I believe they didn't realize how far off the station they were and were trying to de-aggress. It didn't work and everyone landed on my bubble and on top of the Phantasm. The BCs sat next to station, watched their friend die, and docked up.

Two systems over, I jump in and see two Wild Geese in system and a level 6 inquisitor site. I put a bubble up in case they try to run, and send in the Cynabals to chase them off. Cynabals get to the site and say it's unfinished but the enemies warped off. I tell the russians "Thanks for the Inq" and call everyone in to steal it. We land on the entrance gate, and apparently one of the russians type "ok let's go then" in local. Some of us take the first gate into the site when a gila lands on the entrance. Thankfully not everyone was in warp, and we get a tackle and make quick work of it. I start to warp back to the entrance to scoop the loot when I hear "BHAALGORN!! BHAALGORN LANDING!!". We absolutely melt the bhaal while losing no ships. Wild Geese lose about 18b in ships in the span of 15 minutes.

But our story doesn't end there. The next day, around lunchtime, we start getting reports of S-U local spiking. Several russian corps, mainly Wild Geese, have sent a 35-man fleet into the pocket, with a mix of cruisers, BC, and logi. So we start forming up. Mrs McHuge is on a conference call, so Cetan does shot-calling. We're trying to get a warp-in on the ranged portion of their fleet. We were outnumbered but if we could take out the 7 snipers they had, it would likely break their DPS output and we could clean up. Sadly they keep warping to different gates before we can get good warp-ins. However, they start to notice that our numbers are climbing and decide to make a break for it. We're able to jump to the exit gate and get it bubbled though, so they all start landing one at a time into our bubble and we begin to shred them. We took out about 16 of their fleet including all of their BCs. We lost about 5 ships total, and I believe three of those were prior to the actual fight due to some botched communications.

I love the free content we keep getting to the pocket, hopefully we get more tourists coming through.

Arawn
Jul 5, 2020

Touchdown Boy posted:

I get 2 jumps from home and really need to afk because nature was calling. Come back 10 mins later to find myself dead and my 300million plus ISK VNI on a kill mail.

Nature was calling? You mean you don't play while on the Toilet?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I burned out hard right around Halloween but am now considering losing Toilet Eve. Going to read the 1100 posts in this thread since I left and then reevaluate. I saw Jazz used !getmod on these SomethingAwful forums which bodes well. I predict there have been exactly 3 mutinies since then and golden eggs have been renamed to something non-goose-related-but-equally-amusing.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

come back sugar cube

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Kaysette posted:

come back sugar cube

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

CubicalSucrose posted:

I burned out hard right around Halloween but am now considering losing Toilet Eve. Going to read the 1100 posts in this thread since I left and then reevaluate. I saw Jazz used !getmod on these SomethingAwful forums which bodes well. I predict there have been exactly 3 mutinies since then and golden eggs have been renamed to something non-goose-related-but-equally-amusing.

golden trit

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Its a mining corp now

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Kaysette posted:

come back sugar cube

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
So we found an item dupe, had crossover drama with the other spaceship game players, and now there's a working Alliance chat. Excellent.

All my characters are still in their corps and I didn't lose out on very much Omega time. Guess I'll spend time this weekend figuring out everything I missed and what to start skilling up.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The catchup event is on which is good for a chunk of sp if you get omega.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

We recently destroyed an actual literal nazi corp. good times.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Arawn posted:

Nature was calling? You mean you don't play while on the Toilet?

All great losses seem to be from when people ARENT playing on the toilet.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Kaysette posted:

We recently destroyed an actual literal nazi corp. good times.

They were channers, but we repeat ourselves

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
3 out of 4 on my recent roams for killing a faction BS. Need a Nightmare to complete my collection.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Big McHuge posted:

3 out of 4 on my recent roams for killing a faction BS. Need a Nightmare to complete my collection.

The roams are the nightmare :smugdog:

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
They have attempted to implement TiDi. We had an update last week. It doesn’t work though. GEN and SHH both reported continued lag disconnect fest.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

a content creator gamerlord mentioned that it was reported to them to be fixed "soon", as in possibly by wednesday

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I’ve tried to look this up, and click everywhere I possibly can in the game but to no avail.

How do I get an item container? I’ve seen some out in space that belong to players.

I would like to be able to organize my items in an item hangar into containers, as well as be able to put one out in space for a friend to grab some equipment.

What am I missing?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

shootforit posted:

I’ve tried to look this up, and click everywhere I possibly can in the game but to no avail.

How do I get an item container? I’ve seen some out in space that belong to players.

I would like to be able to organize my items in an item hangar into containers, as well as be able to put one out in space for a friend to grab some equipment.

What am I missing?

In space it just eject it's auto. They may have a life time on them, it's not useful outside of mining since you can only eject ore and MK items.

At a station you don't.

also in space it will likely get swiped by someone else just use a contract or corp hanger.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

shootforit posted:

What am I missing?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

pixaal posted:

also in space it will likely get swiped by someone else just use a contract or corp hanger.

The literal only time it's worthwhile is if you're transferring it to an alpha (no-contracts) alt who doesn't have the same corp as you (or otherwise doesn't have hangar access).

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Thanks goons. I love playing this game, and and I think a big part of that is the mysteries of what is possible.

I would like to have my own capsuleer outpost eventually. Can anyone speak to that? The ISK cost seems like it would be near unobtainable. That is, without getting money from a corporation? I dunno I am just thinking out loud.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

shootforit posted:

Thanks goons. I love playing this game, and and I think a big part of that is the mysteries of what is possible.

I would like to have my own capsuleer outpost eventually. Can anyone speak to that? The ISK cost seems like it would be near unobtainable. That is, without getting money from a corporation? I dunno I am just thinking out loud.

just looking at eve marketer and a sotiyo is only ~21bil, thats not out of reach. I don't know the ongoing maintenance costs, but if you placed it right I bet you could make a little on fees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

shootforit posted:

but why tho