Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Current House Roles posted:

Please let me know if I've missed something or I've done something wrong and I'll rectify this! Houses are also free to change their internal politics when they want, as long as everything is properly communicated itt, of course. And I'll swap the flags out for megane's once they arrive (I'll also add them to the OP for ease of access).

House Pinchay, Dukes of Gamam:
  • Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer).
  • Rotation: once per dilemma.

House Gambol, Dukes of Solad:
  • Sitting Councilmember: Nea.
  • Treasurer/Navigator: Omobono.

House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden:
  • Sitting Councilmember: Danaru (also Treasurer).

House Daucus, Dukes of Olwyn:
  • Sitting Councilmember: oldskool (also Treasurer).

House Lethe, Dukes of Natar:
  • Sitting Councilmember: Covski.
  • Treasurer/Negotiator: megane (pending confirmation from them).

Hidden Agendas & Picking Order posted:

The House with the least Prestige is the first to picked, while the House with the most Prestige is the last. During the first game, The order is based on the "nobility" of the House itself, determined by the "House Number" on your House Sheet (the highest the number, the highest the nobility). The picking order for the reign of King Harald V is:
  • First Pick: House Gambol, Dukes of Solad (2)
  • House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden (4)
  • House Daucus, Dukes of Olwyn (5)
  • House Pinchay, Dukes of Gamam (7)
  • Last Pick: House Lethe, Dukes of Natar (12)

Current Resources

:siren::siren::siren:
The current Sitting Councilmember for each House has 24h to submit their tiered preference for Hidden Agendas through PM/Email, putting all six in a scale from Tier 1 (want most) to Tier 6 (want least). You will be assigned the first available Agenda available according to the picking order. NOTE: one Agenda is removed at random before the first House picks.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Quackles posted:

Also: For purposes of keeping order, would it be possible to have a 'table of contents' in the OP that links to all the Dilemma cards and their resolutions as they are decided? (So there'd right now be one entry linking to card 0, celebrating the coronation of the king.)

Yeah I will keep a full History of the Realm both in the OP and at the start of relevant updates :) Something like this:

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Storyline:

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Being the fifth house to pick in a draft of five cards I assume that this is a formality, but the ancient and noble house Lethis had made our choice.

Blessed be the mother.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Gambol treasurer

Oh, I'm sure we could be convinced to not pick your favoured agenda with an appropriate offering. But we can't speak for the other three noble houses.

(I'm fairly sure this cannot be actually bargained since the phase is secret)

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

Good question! I had included a screenshot in a previous update, but it was really lost in the wall of info, so here it is again (and I've added it to the post above as well). Resource "color" is randomized during the first game, but it depends on legacy effects for the following ones.

I believe it's randomized every time, no? It's starting position that's affected by legacy stuff.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

malkav11 posted:

I believe it's randomized every time, no? It's starting position that's affected by legacy stuff.
It's good to start a LP because you get to figure out the rules you've got wrong for a ton of times :v:

I've always though the legacy effects that determine the starting position would also determine if the Resource starts positive or negative, but I was wrong! As malkav11 said, it is randomized at the start of each king's reign.

Omobono posted:

(I'm fairly sure this cannot be actually bargained since the phase is secret)
Correct, especially cause you can't really be sure you'd be able to honor your side of the bargain even if you are the first House to pick - since 1 Agenda out of 6 is randomly removed before you get to draft.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 8, 2021

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Daucusers I've left a comment regarding our hidden agenda in the spreadsheet, I sure hope I did it right and the spies aren't reading my innermost thoughts :ohdear:

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Covski posted:

Being the fifth house to pick in a draft of five cards I assume that this is a formality, but the ancient and noble house Lethis had made our choice.

Blessed be the mother.

Senator of Natar

Ahem, I think what the Noble Councilmember Covski means to say, is that as the most noble and righteous house of Natar, we would be delighted to allow the other houses first choices. We know that the Mother will of course guide them for the best of the kingdom.

Blessed be the Mother.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Certainly, what I meant is that the act of choosing is a mere formality, since whatever occurs is according to Her will. For us, as well as for the lesser houses of the kingdom.

Blessed be the mother.

Edit: OP, is it fair game to use for example the comments on the house sheets for *very* general strategy discussions (ie "we should try to save money and spend as much power as possible while maximizing resource X")? :) Nothing specific to the situation/dilemma at hand, just to ensure that everybody is working in the same general direction for the current reign? Feels like stuff like that could be hard to coordinate otherwise without tipping your hand as to hidden agendas/house achievements.

Covski fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 8, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

It would be the pleasure of our house, and I'm sure the other great houses, to assist House Lethe in accepting the will of the Mother by selecting agendas first as is our fair and noble privilege.

Long Live Harald V, may the Mother bless the Kingdom of Ankist.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

oldskool posted:

Daucusers I've left a comment regarding our hidden agenda in the spreadsheet, I sure hope I did it right and the spies aren't reading my innermost thoughts :ohdear:

THOSE are your innermost thoughts? House Gambol has much to teach you.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

C... posted:

THOSE are your innermost thoughts? House Gambol has much to teach you.

:tinfoil: stay out of my head, you

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Fret not child, the Mother already knows all.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

Correct, especially cause you can't really be sure you'd be able to honor your side of the bargain even if you are the first House to pick - since 1 Agenda out of 6 is randomly removed before you get to draft.

I for one am quite capable of not selecting something I am unable to choose to begin with. :colbert:

Danaru, if somehow we don't get the obvious one, my pick would be the one below it on our ledger screen.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Covski posted:

Edit: OP, is it fair game to use for example the comments on the house sheets for *very* general strategy discussions (ie "we should try to save money and spend as much power as possible while maximizing resource X")? :) Nothing specific to the situation/dilemma at hand, just to ensure that everybody is working in the same general direction for the current reign? Feels like stuff like that could be hard to coordinate otherwise without tipping your hand as to hidden agendas/house achievements.

Yes, especially as a general strategy before the reign of a king starts (IE: when picking agendas). Basically: if you are discussing something that is on your Sheet (IE: Agendas and Achievements) feel free to use the Sheet; voting discussion should stay itt though.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

I have also left a comment concerning the Hidden Agenda. Apologies for the late start, but I've been a little under the weather.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Aight, commented back. Hopefully that should clarify my thoughts on what I think it'd be a good idea to pick.

EDIT: Do we know how much coins/power each house starts with, or is that private?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 8, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Quackles posted:

EDIT: Do we know how much coins/power each house starts with, or is that private?

The first game everyone starts with 8 Power and 10 Coins. Future ones are going to be influenced by several legacy mechanics, though. Current Power/Coins are not displayed, although it may be easier having an idea when everything is written down in a forum compared to a live game where you have to keep a count in your head.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

In retrospect I should have probably put a comment in but I just picked our hidden agenda unilaterally, apologies!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Nea posted:

In retrospect I should have probably put a comment in but I just picked our hidden agenda unilaterally, apologies!
On this note, I am missing agenda picking tiers from Coden and Gamam, in case their Sitting Councilmembers are in the EU timezone :)

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

I figured that I would get some input from the rest of my house first, but if we are coming up on the deadline, then I will just submit preferences. Sorry for the wait.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Nea posted:

There were some comments made onto our google sheet, but I'm sure you chose perfectly.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Blastinus posted:

I figured that I would get some input from the rest of my house first, but if we are coming up on the deadline, then I will just submit preferences. Sorry for the wait.

Nono you're good, the deadline is still far away (in about 12h in fact)! I'm in the EU timezone and it's almost night here, and I just wanted to send a reminder since I won't be around in a bit to do so (and I assumed this would be true for potential sitting councilmembers in EU as well).

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 8, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Blastinus posted:

I trust your decision making skills, decider of the house. I prefer being over on the dockside drinking wine and eating crab as i oversee my laborers than deal with those scruffy lesser houses for now

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

I echo my fellow Dauci's thoughts in terms of our priorities. Let the light shine forth!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nea posted:

There's a boss for a reason, and it's not like anyone knows how to actually play this game.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Blastinus posted:

Seems its okay for you to pick, perhaps higher ones might be better through. You are the one currently in charge, you can chose while the rest of us decide which drinks are better and then setting up a balance.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

C... posted:

There were some comments made onto our google sheet, but I'm sure you chose perfectly.

I did not see them! Rip. Probably because I was on mobile when I did it.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

No worries, trusting in your guidance to steer us on to victory!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Tch, look at the so called nobles that speak of "victory" and winning, as if it's not more important to work for your people and enjoy the finer things in life than be a worm mining under the foundations true nobles built for you

megane
Jun 20, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

Treasurer/Negotiator: megane (pending confirmation from them).

Yes, I will gladly serve as Treasurer. Though, of course, all the world's bounty ultimately belongs to Her.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Quick question. This thread was the final push I needed to buy this game for myself. If I'm planning to play this game with friends, you know, when it is possible again, do you recommend bowing out, or is it replayable enough?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Shogeton posted:

Quick question. This thread was the final push I needed to buy this game for myself. If I'm planning to play this game with friends, you know, when it is possible again, do you recommend bowing out, or is it replayable enough?

I did some spoiler-free research. The game is effectively a Legacy-type game, and there are apparently branching storylines and so on. You'd probably be spoiled on at least some of the story, though, I'd imagine.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I made some banners, if people want them. Let me know if you want something changed, of course

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Those look lovely, excellent work. Thank you.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Those look great. Could they go into the OP for easy access?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

House Gambol thanks their Natarian* brethren for the gift of art. We'll be sending some of our poets for a cultural exchange.
*Natarine?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

megane posted:

I made some banners, if people want them. Let me know if you want something changed, of course

:popeye::popeye::popeye:
Those are amazing! I'll put them in the OP and replace the flags in the other posts with these.

Shogeton posted:

The box has a ton of content that will not be seen in a single playthrough. Sometimes there is some content repetition in branching paths, but you should be good. Even if you know where something is going, as long as you don't spoil/hint at that, you can't really steer the game too much on your own, so I don't see a problem with that! Of course, if you feel your knowledge of something to come would spoil the fun, feel free to temporarily abstain - but I don't have a problem with it.

I have now updated the sheets with your House's Hidden Agenda for the reign of King Harald V; I have also let you know there what cards were gone before you had a chance to pick, since you would be able to see that in a draft. I have not received a PM from house Daucus, so I went with the list that the Sitting Councilmember had proposed in a comment in Google Sheet! Please in the future remember to finalize your choices with a PM to cut down on admin time :)

Update soon!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of King Harald V, Dilemma 1

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Storyline:

- Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Nea
- Treasurer/Navigator: Omobono

- Sitting Councilmember: Danaru (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: oldskool (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Covski
- Treasurer/Negotiator: megane

Dilemma1 posted:

Current Resources and Stakes:

A pretty straightforward question, as far as the Resources go...but maybe a deeper choice that it may seem? The "pot" to be shared between all the Houses that decide to choose "Pass and gather Power" is 3 Power tokens for the first Dilemma of each King; whatever is not shared will stay there for the next Dilemma, together will all the power spent by the winning faction for the current Dilemma.
Once we encounter new elements, I'll introduce the lore about them from the main rulebook.

The Army posted:

Recruited by the Dukes and Marquises but under the direct orders of the Council, the army keeps peace and order in the kingdom. The Council’s strategic orders are executed by two generals: the High Commander, who reports directly to the Council about external threats and commands the army during wars, and the Royal Marshal, who leads the King’s Guard and intervenes in case of riots or other internal troubles. Only a minority of the soldiers are regulars: most of them are conscripts, men and women called to serve in times of need that go back to their homes in times of peace.

The Merchants posted:

They are entrepreneurs who run commercial activities and finance trading expeditions. They generally have a large income or fortune that they can rely on. To pursue their commercial interests, the merchants of Ankist unite themselves into local guilds. They don’t usually behave as a united faction, because the various guilds may have diverging interests, but they periodically elect a Guild Master or Mistress, who is considered neutral by all the guilds and speaks to the Council for all of them.

A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that during this phase the thread is the main discussion platform - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing items on the sheet itself.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can we also have the current situation for all markers? (mostly for their current momentum)

fake edit: money has negative momentum, military has positive momentum

Can you put in the various house sheets which agenda each house did and didn't see before their pick? (obviously each house only gets their secret information)

What's the voting order? House Lethe starts as current leader, but apart from that?

House Gambol is currently moderator, as the house with the lowest house number prestige at game start.

Speaking as senator.
I'd go with a weak nay here, but I could trade our vote to the highest bidder instead.