Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I hope Mike Ross is doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao hbomb and quinton in the comments like "yeah but you gotta admit it's a great .gif" :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ghostlight posted:

I hope Mike Ross is doing well.

Mike resurfaced a while ago, he's been streaming DOTA a bunch. Dude sounds a bit sedated and jaded but otherwise fine-ish.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I was too old for Channel Awesome and I can't stand people with speech impediments (not his fault obviously) so I have no idea what Linkara is talking about.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Groovelord Neato posted:

I was too old for Channel Awesome and I can't stand people with speech impediments (not his fault obviously) so I have no idea what Linkara is talking about.

It's from the Nostalgia Critic's Bloodrayne review with Linkara and Spoony. Been years since last saw the review itself but this gif is eternal.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I sympathize because the worst sites love to mock him for it.

Also somehow I had never actually taken much notice of POGGERS and everything related to it.

edit: At least it isn't Lindsay's FreddieGotFingered Gif

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 9, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-c8o_Cphn8

the shift in appearance from his channel to his vlog literally made me gasp. guy isn't well at all.

This is absolutely savage at points. Not actively mean but Quinton talking about how completely irrelevant the pogchamp guy is.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Groovelord Neato posted:

Wait, Linkara has a speech Impediment? What is it? I cant tell...

Sydin posted:

lmao hbomb and quinton in the comments like "yeah but you gotta admit it's a great .gif" :allears:

That's a great gif! I'd be proud of it if I was Lewis. Maybe it's just the association with Doug, which in that case, cant blame him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does a lisp even count as a speech impediment?

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Adam Ragusea did a good piece on that - you never know what random thing you're part of is going to be the thing hung around your neck forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoAgW3U9XRE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

This is absolutely savage at points. Not actively mean but Quinton talking about how completely irrelevant the pogchamp guy is.

i dunno, has Quinton ever been in a Kamasi Washington music video? i don't think so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdyabrdFMC8

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jamie Faith posted:

That's a great gif! I'd be proud of it if I was Lewis. Maybe it's just the association with Doug, which in that case, cant blame him.

It's 100% that. I can't imagine how many times people post that at him to mock him. Especially with the CTC stuff.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 9, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

People mock him for that gif? Bizarre.

Jamie Faith posted:

He has a lisp. A bunch of people in the thread didn't notice Todd has one either so I don't blame you.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Jamie Faith posted:

It's called being from minnesota. he pronounces "room" as "rum", it's tragic

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

It's called being from minnesota. he pronounces "room" as "rum", it's tragic

I can deal with that my mom's side of the family is all struck with that curse.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

I can deal with that my mom's side of the family is all struck with that curse.

I've never heard this. I've never actually met anyone in minnesota that talks anywhere near the way people say we sound.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vonnie posted:

I've never heard this. I've never actually met anyone in minnesota that talks anywhere near the way people say we sound.

You guys 1000 percent say room as rum, roof as ruf, and root as rut. My mom used to get mocked by my dad's side of the family for saying "rut beer".

Not sure where you're from but my mom's family sounds straight out of Fargo (and so did one of my former coworkers from Minnesota).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 9, 2021

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

You guys 1000 percent say room as rum, roof as ruf, and root as rut. My mom used to get mocked by my dad's side of the family for saying "rut beer".

Not sure where you're from but my mom's family sounds straight out of Fargo (and so did one of my former coworkers from Minnesota).

I grew up near the twin cities and have been in the duluth area for several years. I've legit only heard a "Minnesotan" accent used jokingly, I never heard it once growing up outside that context or actors affecting it. It's very strange, like obviously it came from somewhere, but it has to have died off since :shrug: .

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/dphrygian/status/1347733704551133185?s=19

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Means he deactivated on his own.

Vonnie posted:

I grew up near the twin cities and have been in the duluth area for several years. I've legit only heard a "Minnesotan" accent used jokingly, I never heard it once growing up outside that context or actors affecting it. It's very strange, like obviously it came from somewhere, but it has to have died off since :shrug: .

This is probably like when my grandma on my dad's side used to visit out there and didn't get why they wanted her to say stuff (she had a Boston accent).

I've met Minnesotans that don't have the accent strongly but they were in the minority.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Now this is poggers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1347744897181372420

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Plot twist: Twitch brought back PogChamp but it now points to a different persons face every 24 hours

That's a nice way to handle it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Famethrowa posted:

holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-c8o_Cphn8

the shift in appearance from his channel to his vlog literally made me gasp. guy isn't well at all.

Gootecks just really bums me out. Out of any internet personality I've followed that turned out to be terrible, he just makes me sad.

Also, while watching the video, it was really weird realizing that the vast majority of people who know of him only know of him because of PogChamp and not for Excellent Adventures.

Dias posted:

Mike resurfaced a while ago, he's been streaming DOTA a bunch. Dude sounds a bit sedated and jaded but otherwise fine-ish.

I didn't know he did DOTA, I've only ever see him stream Tekken and Guilty Gear. I think he may have even streamed SFV when Honda dropped, but I may have imagined that

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So what's the countdown bet to him reactivating his account? Because Mike Cernovich barely made it 6 hours when he quit twitter.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1347647173257801728

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Draga posted:

It's from the Nostalgia Critic's Bloodrayne review with Linkara and Spoony. Been years since last saw the review itself but this gif is eternal.
Honestly I thought the thing that Lewis is that image with the subtitle "This is the most epic thing ever" or the mean spirited video making fun of his Power Rangers reviews

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that mega64 video is very good

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I remember Linkara from his shameful superhero webcomic, like all the cool kids do. Well... that and I used to lurk on the Superdickery forums when I was like in high school and it was a kind of surreal experience seeing him and Anne Onymous of The Wotch fame chatting each other up on that forum.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Alaois posted:

yeah I think its pretty fair to say that while linkara is probably Good Now, the way he got super het up about delays at the time was definitely extremely funny

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

I remember Linkara from his shameful superhero webcomic, like all the cool kids do. Well... that and I used to lurk on the Superdickery forums when I was like in high school and it was a kind of surreal experience seeing him and Anne Onymous of The Wotch fame chatting each other up on that forum.
God the first internet community I joined was The Wotch community :negative:

Can't hold it against Linkara too much, I was also a lovely libertarian

Alaois posted:

Lol didn't realize it wasn't him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

God the first internet community I joined was The Wotch community :negative:

Can't hold it against Linkara too much, I was also a lovely libertarian

Lol didn't realize it wasn't him

no the mega64 video was the power rangers parody video

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Alaois posted:

no the mega64 video was the power rangers parody video
Yeah that's what I mean

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I just remembered this must mean theres a new todd and aaron game awards

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

Is The Wotch still technically going?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shinji2015 posted:

Gootecks just really bums me out. Out of any internet personality I've followed that turned out to be terrible, he just makes me sad.

Also, while watching the video, it was really weird realizing that the vast majority of people who know of him only know of him because of PogChamp and not for Excellent Adventures.

I didn't know he did DOTA, I've only ever see him stream Tekken and Guilty Gear. I think he may have even streamed SFV when Honda dropped, but I may have imagined that

Quinton's video was kinda weird because to most people he's just the PogChamp rando but I literally saw that pog advertising bit as it came out, so the whole tale of Excellent Adventures, Mike doing Capcom Pro Talk, burning the gently caress out in the process, going AWOL and Gootecks kinda slowly morphing into an alt-right grifter was pretty sad, yeah. Those two were probably the biggest faces of the FGC for a good while.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I've played dota with Mike before. He's very chill and just wants to chill and play video games. My friend keeps in contact with him sometimes, hes doing ok.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Is The Wotch still technically going?
I think like a lot of the bad transformation webcomics of the 2000s they kind of all died out in the 2010s when they could realize they could just post commission stuff on Deviantart, etc

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

achillesforever6 posted:

I think like a lot of the bad transformation webcomics of the 2000s they kind of all died out in the 2010s when they could realize they could just post commission stuff on Deviantart, etc

If someone had a softcore fetish webcomic in the early 2000s there's a 90% chance they have a Patreon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Srice posted:

https://youtu.be/xb-DtICmPTY

Tim Rogers put out a six hour long(!) review/documentary/LP video on Tokimeki Memorial. Looking forward to watching this over the course of a week haha. It's gonna rule.

a bunch of pages back, but I finally finished watching (and then rewatching once more) and it just hits so good.

at 4:26:40 he says (which is probably part of the thesis statement of this whole video, so I'll put it in spoiler. disregard this whole post if you have yet to watch this video and plan to do it) "when you make a game that feels like a person, you make a player that feels bad for treating that person like an object"

I've been playing a lot of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and one of the mechanics is finding 'Lost Items' that belong to students and faculty members around the school. Upon returning these items the character will say something along the lines of "I've been looking everywhere for this!", and will fully fill their motivation bar.

Now, there are limited ways to raise motivation, and this one is pretty good. So you can hold off on giving these 'lost items' back, and return them to their owners when their motivation is low.

So the ludonarrative is: you're stealing items from your students and friends, and giving them back at your convenience in order to manipulate them to liking you and raising their stats.
Some of the items I couldn't find the owner. It makes me think that, had I not taken that item, that person would've retraced their steps and find it again. Now they'll never get it back.

Once you gamify relationships you're either an rear end in a top hat at best, or a complete sociopath at worst.