Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Who is this orange mustachioed man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'm laughing so much at Trump getting deplatformed that I'm getting a loving headache

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1347705860567523335?s=21

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Apple has threatened to do the same.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Im pretty sure parler is down right now, I've seen some chuds complaining about it on twitter

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From GBS. I love this idea.

The Strangest Finch posted:

Does Sherman already have a base? Because I so so so very badly want Ft. Benning in Georgia to be renamed Fort Sherman.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

fknlo posted:

Apple has threatened to do the same.

Good! When Uber was tracking users and violating apple’s TOS they got close to a ban too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MazelTovCocktail posted:

From GBS. I love this idea.

I kinda figure the nerd community would love if fort gordon was wiped from the face of the earth, but would settle for a renaming to Fort Sherman. Lots of rich history to overwrite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brown_Gordon

Should you fancy a read. Dudes' grave needs one of those pay-to-piss on systems, with funds collected going to something he'd strongly oppose.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 9, 2021

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I have to say that I’m still blown away by the events of this week. The followers of the sitting President attempted a coup at his request and all that’s going to happen is that he’s banned from social media. There are over one hundred legislators doing seditious things and not a single one of them will suffer any consequences.

The fact that the President is a literal god king if he has ANY support from his party is so insane. Good luck getting his hand picked acting cabinet to use the only other option to remove him.

I knew this country was completely hosed but to have it all laid bare like this is so nuts.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
what are they gonna do? ban me?

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1347708600039452673

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fknlo posted:

I have to say that I’m still blown away by the events of this week. The followers of the sitting President attempted a coup at his request and all that’s going to happen is that he’s banned from social media. There are over one hundred legislators doing seditious things and not a single one of them will suffer any consequences.

The fact that the President is a literal god king if he has ANY support from his party is so insane. Good luck getting his hand picked acting cabinet to use the only other option to remove him.

I knew this country was completely hosed but to have it all laid bare like this is so nuts.

That isn't all that's happening. The house is impeaching him next week. More than a dozen people from Wednesday have already been arrested. Pence won't remove him via the 25th which is most likely why Chao and DeVos punched their tickets. Things are still moving.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

fknlo posted:

The one quibble I have with this: the acting cabinet has more or less removed him already. He hasn't done a presidential work thing in a very, very long time outside of the absolute bare minimum.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I would like to offer a deep, heartfelt lol that Trump got banned from twitter, and that the chuds who so helpfully documented their illegal acts with no attempt to hide their identity are getting arrested one by one. It's not nearly enough to right the wrongs that have been done, but god drat does it feel good to see the alt right eat poo poo for once.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll take the alternating steam of good things to bad over the steam of just bad for 4 years. I'm -hopeful- that in 2 weeks I'll be able to go to sleep at night again without wondering if I'll catch the fallout from a retaliatory nuke on DC.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I wonder how long Trump's base is going to keep the candle burning for him if he gets damnatio memoriae'd off of media outlets and isn't feeding them their daily tweets. Parler getting nuked to hell and back just shows how hard it may end up being for him to set up an alternate comms channel to the chuds, and the harder it is for them to get access to him, the more of them may end up switching to more accessible forms of entertainment.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/kellymakena/status/1347700819827830784?s=21

I was kind of wondering about it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I wonder how long Trump's base is going to keep the candle burning for him if he gets damnatio memoriae'd off of media outlets and isn't feeding them their daily tweets. Parler getting nuked to hell and back just shows how hard it may end up being for him to set up an alternate comms channel to the chuds, and the harder it is for them to get access to him, the more of them may end up switching to more accessible forms of entertainment.

The comments sections of local news stations?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Emma_Marris/status/1347405522589257729?s=20

Need a Commission to total up the mycrimes dot doc from this administration

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I wonder how many alt accounts twitter will have to ban. Think he'll catch up to Dare?

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009

Wikipedia doesn't pull any punches, and they sure update fast.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Literally the CINC right now https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?s=20

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Trump tried posting on his alt and the post was deleted within 4 minutes of it happening. @POTUS is not suspended, but Twitter is not allowing any posts to be made to the account.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Spoggerific posted:

Wikipedia doesn't pull any punches, and they sure update fast.

That page was up on the 6th as it was happening. The date part was January 6th, 2021 - Ongoing.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump tried posting on his alt and the post was deleted within 4 minutes of it happening. @POTUS is not suspended, but Twitter is not allowing any posts to be made to the account.

Yeah, once again trump clearly don't give a gently caress about anything but himself, loving disgraceful

https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1347717945892474882

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Philly Congressman being very Philly.

https://twitter.com/repbrendanboyle/status/1347718951573319686?s=21

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I was kind of hoping someone gave Cruz an atomic wedgie while they were taking cover.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
https://mobile.twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1347687520864264192

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
2021 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

I was kind of hoping someone gave Cruz an atomic wedgie while they were taking cover.

I'd still prefer Fettermen doing it TBH.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

oooooof https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1347723969777045510?s=20

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Midjack posted:

This should be Fetterman's entire senate platform.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soylent Pudding posted:

This should be Fetterman's entire senate platform.

:hai:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/foxreports/status/1347728283962585091?s=21

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

What a piece of poo poo. Carrying water for the orange shitstain even now.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009

Arven posted:

That page was up on the 6th as it was happening. The date part was January 6th, 2021 - Ongoing.

Yeah, on new year's eve they had constant updates on the 2020 and 2021 pages showing which time zones were in which year. The funniest part to me though is "Maintain presidency of Donald Trump through force" under goals, followed by "Permanent suspension of Donald Trump's Twitter account" under results.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stealie72 posted:

What a piece of poo poo. Carrying water for the orange shitstain even now.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's forced to call them back, thus sidestepping the issue, in a regular session.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoggerific posted:

Yeah, on new year's eve they had constant updates on the 2020 and 2021 pages showing which time zones were in which year. The funniest part to me though is "Maintain presidency of Donald Trump through force" under goals, followed by "Permanent suspension of Donald Trump's Twitter account" under results.

It could only be better if Trump's twitter account was included in the "casualties" section.

The insane people who control Wikipedia can very rarely do incredibly funny things. My favorite is a huge catalog of fictional vampires that includes Count Chocula, whose weakness is getting soggy in milk.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
edit: oh thats not trump

double edit: maybe its the official campaign though? ill leave it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It could only be better if Trump's twitter account was included in the "casualties" section.

The insane people who control Wikipedia can very rarely do incredibly funny things. My favorite is a huge catalog of fictional vampires that includes Count Chocula, whose weakness is getting soggy in milk.

I went to the Dead Man's Curve entry and added in where Lavoy Finicum got shot, it was reverted within minutes by some joyless computer-toucher.