Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

serious gaylord posted:

Its because you're just a boring poster OP.

You could get away with this stuff if you were funny, or at least entertaining in your delusions. But you're not. You're boring. We get what you're trying to do but its been done by much better posters many times before. Just stop it.

Wait, being boring is held against poster? Why didn't anyone tell me before now?

Anyway, apologise for my own tweet but she deleted the original sheepish and as I'm phone posting this is what I've got for uploading a screenshot

https://twitter.com/forkboy84/status/1347697695482380288?s=19

Twitter banning Trump far too late is apparently akin to Mandela getting out of prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Who would be your dream team for to go on Crystal Maze with? I'd pick Brian Blessed, Shane MacGowan, Miriam Margoyles, Sinéad O'Connor and Fatima Whitbread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drat, these vibes

they're not some of the better vibes

e: oh these are a bit better

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Ash Crimson posted:

This is where we are and there's no point in trying to save the union as a whole when it condemns entire sections of society to needless pain and strife

There is no other path forward that doesn't rely on expecting the already marginalised to suffer what they must until leftist ideals are a majority held opinion in a land that seems to reflexively attack anything even remotely resembling a blurred facsimile of it.

How much longer do others have to wait for England to get its poo poo together?

Gonna defend Ash Crimson this is a really solid point, when a lefty alternative was presented shedloads of scots nats did forgo the assumed nationalism and support it

She's a genuine racist and I don't like nationalism but it is a pertinent question, if there exists a genuinely lefty voting bloc with an extremely imperfect but real separatist choice and the status quo is Starmers Labour then maybe? Seems like the scots did more to help a unionist lefty than britain writ large did so they clearly aren't just Braveheart wankers.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

forkboy84 posted:

Wait, being boring is held against poster? Why didn't anyone tell me before now?

Anyway, apologise for my own tweet but she deleted the original sheepish and as I'm phone posting this is what I've got for uploading a screenshot

Twitter banning Trump far too late is apparently akin to Mandela getting out of prison.

The collective nuking of Qanon and all the associated right wing grifters is a bit of an important moment really. We've known for years just how little influence they are able to wield with their socials gone, you just have to look at Milo to see that. Its not Berlin Wall level, but them finally doing something is important.

It also signals that they're now poo poo scared of the incoming administration in the states and trying to show at least some attempt to not be the utter worst companies on the planet in an effort to avoid getting carved up and sold off for being monopolies.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Ash Crimson posted:

I actually would have appreciated some constructive feedback rather than this shrugging of the shoulders and gesturing vaguely to this concept of bad "vibes".

I already struggle with social interaction because of my Aspergers and anxiety as it is

Hey we've never interacted, but if you're looking for feedback whenever someone tells you to gently caress off or that you suck, please stop responding with "Are you alright?" as if they're having a meltdown or are mentally unwell. It's pretty gross and I've seen you do it a few times.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

The collective nuking of Qanon and all the associated right wing grifters is a bit of an important moment really. We've known for years just how little influence they are able to wield with their socials gone, you just have to look at Milo to see that. Its not Berlin Wall level, but them finally doing something is important.

It also signals that they're now poo poo scared of the incoming administration in the states and trying to show at least some attempt to not be the utter worst companies on the planet in an effort to avoid getting carved up and sold off for being monopolies.

I wish I had their expectations of the new administration.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

To quote (probably badly) one of my favourite ever tweets - now, ironically, deleted - "Y'all talk a big game then all of a sudden it's "Tweets aren't loading right now"".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does Carole do anything other than tweet about russia and trump? What's she going to do if he's suspended?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

goddamnedtwisto posted:

To quote (probably badly) one of my favourite ever tweets - now, ironically, deleted - "Y'all talk a big game then all of a sudden it's "Tweets aren't loading right now"".

It’s not a great tweet but it’s pretty tongue in cheek, no? I think you’re being a bit harsh on her.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

Gonna defend Ash Crimson this is a really solid point, when a lefty alternative was presented shedloads of scots nats did forgo the assumed nationalism and support it

She's a genuine racist and I don't like nationalism but it is a pertinent question, if there exists a genuinely lefty voting bloc with an extremely imperfect but real separatist choice and the status quo is Starmers Labour then maybe? Seems like the scots did more to help a unionist lefty than britain writ large did so they clearly aren't just Braveheart wankers.

How the gently caress am i a genuine racist?

Shyrka posted:

Hey we've never interacted, but if you're looking for feedback whenever someone tells you to gently caress off or that you suck, please stop responding with "Are you alright?" as if they're having a meltdown or are mentally unwell. It's pretty gross and I've seen you do it a few times.

Ok.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

forkboy84 posted:

I feel like it was probably a bit tongue in cheek?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

therattle posted:

It’s not a great tweet but it’s pretty tongue in cheek, no? I think you’re being a bit harsh on her.

Why delete it then? She's got Remainer Brain, she absolutely incapable of sincerely believing something that stupid.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

stev posted:

I feel like it was probably a bit tongue in cheek?

Going by her normal output I absolutely do not believe it was anything but entirely sincere. Her greatest Posting Enemy has been vanquished by the mods, their account is ash, their posts scattered to the winds. Tonight she can lock her screen, for just a moment. Peace reigns.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Its because you're just a boring poster OP.

You could get away with this stuff if you were funny, or at least entertaining in your delusions. But you're not. You're boring. We get what you're trying to do but its been done by much better posters many times before. Just stop it.

You want me to post more about crisps?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

therattle posted:

I was going to say the same, it didn't come across as completely serious to me.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Wouldn't you just read this as 'the other 2 examples were good days and so is this one'? Trump will just shift to Parler anyway. Haven't FB/Insta suspended all his arsewipery lies too?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

forkboy84 posted:

Why delete it then? She's got Remainer Brain, she absolutely incapable of sincerely believing something that stupid.

It can be tongue in cheek but not a great tweet nonetheless. Like when one makes a joke then decides/realises that it’s not that funny.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Ash Crimson posted:

How the gently caress am i a genuine racist?

You tell me about the how luv, I just see your posts not really given any thought to how they came to be.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Goldskull posted:

Wouldn't you just read this as 'the other 2 examples were good days and so is this one'? Trump will just shift to Parler anyway. Haven't FB/Insta suspended all his arsewipery lies too?

Parler has about 14 hours to prove to Apple and Google that they've removed all the chuds or its getting wiped from the app store.

This isnt just Trump, this is a complete sweep of Qanons off Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and all Google services.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

You tell me about the how luv, I just see your posts not really given any thought to how they came to be.

So no evidence then, cool cool

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I admit I'm genuinely expecting the response to this to be levelled against the left in pretty short order to be honest, I find it hard to imagine that it's not just going to be used to increase militarized response to all forms of protest.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

OwlFancier posted:

I admit I'm genuinely expecting the response to this to be levelled against the left in pretty short order to be honest, I find it hard to imagine that it's not just going to be used to increase militarized response to all forms of protest.

Google have pulled actually just pulled Parler from the app store anyway.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Must admit if I ever see a tweet or status that ends with "Good times" or "Good days" I assume there's a touch of irony or sarcasm in there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Google have pulled actually just pulled Parler from the app store anyway.

And that's good, don't get me wrong, I guess it's just been on my mind recently, especially with the cop response at the capitol, hard to see the democrats not just taking it as a reason to further militarize the police and try to take more direct control of social media not just to get the right off it, but to draw equivalence with stuff like blm.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Ash Crimson posted:

You want me to post more about crisps?

I dont think they want you to post more at all actually.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Health Service Journal: Covid bed occupancy chart (you can download either PDF or image from this link) - England only.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/e...7029244.article

quote:

Exclusive: new data reveals the 23 trusts with over a third of beds occupied by covid patients

etc

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

Parler has about 14 hours to prove to Apple and Google that they've removed all the chuds or its getting wiped from the app store.

This isnt just Trump, this is a complete sweep of Qanons off Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and all Google services.

That works for me. The amount of pure poison spewed by ratlickers/Q/'patriots' should be chopped out like a nasty tumour from social media.*

*Narrators voice: It won't be.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

its just a large number of the english posters don't notice how myopic they are and go all telegraph as soon as a scot (or american sometimes) talks poo poo about the english
its a bit better nowadays cause its so obvious england is getting worse and worse now, but its still a noticeable phenomenon as an english ex-pat

lots of "the english arent in charge either, its westminster" kinda thing ignoring that being english outside of london is still a step closer than being anything else else and gets first grabs with everyone else getting forgotten or scorned
scotland is probably hosed if they scexit but they're definitely hosed if they don't, we should all be looking for our ways off this sinking ship

i dont really know why the thread is so hostile to Ash, if theres a good reason i forgot it. dunno if people confuse them with AceofFlames or whatever the hilariously depressed poster with loads of cash
funny to see Vitamin P getting licks in too since they were also someone treated with a lot of hostility

the thread sometimes just gets its hackles up, or pemanently has its hackles up and sometimes bites

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's interesting to me how energising it feels that the tech giants are collectively silencing a group of people I cannot stand. Also concerning, somehow. Is this what winning as a liberal feels like?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tell me more about what the tories are doing for me because of my englishness, I love it.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
As for this whole Scottish/English thing - aren't we bigger than that? Being English myself it really is water off a ducks back when someone has a go. Sure, have a dig at the English.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's annoying because it's just a loving stupid way of looking at politics.

It literally buys the conceit of nationalism hook line and sinker except somehow from some kind of weird pseudo-left angle, that I, of course, am not a nationalist, I would never suggest that people are owed better things because of their nationality, except you know that the english look out for their own, right, and even if the tories keep killing the poor they're the english poor so they're still better off, somehow, as we all know. That's why we need to create our own country where we can very civically prioritize the welfare of our people which is bad when the english do it but we will do it in a good way when we form the independent republic of scotland/northernland/whatever.

Like you don't get to on the one hand pay lip service to a class based analysis of inequality and then on the other hand haul off and start describing the unique cultural and psychological deficits of the foreign brain and claim you're gonna somehow do a good nationalism because the problems with the nation state attempting to cram together disparate class interests will definitely not resurface if we just make the state smaller and change the flag and try to create a different set of idiotic constructed cultural shite to get people to wank themselves raw about.

It's just pointless, it's a complete waste of time, a worthless sideshow trying to trade in on left wing cred to achieve something utterly useless. Like yeah I'm really loving sure that if you cut the country up into smaller bits that newcastle will suddenly, out of the kindness of its heart, give a poo poo about where I live. Or Durham, or anywhere loving else because we're all fellow northerners eh? That counts for loving anything, right?

Absolute horseshit and I'm sick of people trying to pass that trash off as somehow left wing rather than just pointless political wanking. The problems in my life have absolutely gently caress all to do with the shape of the country I live in, and everything to do with the structural distribution of power between rich and poor. My allies cannot be divided from my enemies by a border.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 9, 2021

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Yeah it sounds like you're not sensitive about it at all.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
If Scotland becomes an independent nation under the generous, stewardly care of the SNP, it'll be fodder for the Schadenfreude thread for loving years. I look forward to it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It's essentially a matter of opportunity, there is a slim hope that by splitting off some of the devolved territories could become modern republics instead.

Left or right you have to be stupid to not take any shot to not be ruled by Westminster at this point.

What is much more likely to happen is the SNP schadenfreude zone, but it's still more likely at our current point in time than the UK as a whole improving is which is vanishingly unlikely for the foreseeable.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Kaal posted:

Yeah it sounds like you're not sensitive about it at all.

Sounds like you can’t read, but here we are.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"The UK will not improve" I say while advancing a political plan that explicitly requires the funneling of energy into making the UK not improve and which can only possibly happen by sabotaging any possibility of improving it in service of my idiot nationalism plan.

The only way any part of the UK is leaving is if an actually decent labour government throws a referendum, the plan is necessarily contingent on squandering that opportunity in the hopes of getting a different flag.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 9, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

its just a large number of the english posters don't notice how myopic they are and go all telegraph as soon as a scot (or american sometimes) talks poo poo about the english
its a bit better nowadays cause its so obvious england is getting worse and worse now, but its still a noticeable phenomenon as an english ex-pat

lots of "the english arent in charge either, its westminster" kinda thing ignoring that being english outside of london is still a step closer than being anything else else and gets first grabs with everyone else getting forgotten or scorned
scotland is probably hosed if they scexit but they're definitely hosed if they don't, we should all be looking for our ways off this sinking ship

i dont really know why the thread is so hostile to Ash, if theres a good reason i forgot it. dunno if people confuse them with AceofFlames or whatever the hilariously depressed poster with loads of cash
funny to see Vitamin P getting licks in too since they were also someone treated with a lot of hostility

the thread sometimes just gets its hackles up, or pemanently has its hackles up and sometimes bites

How about you enjoy the fact you escaped and let the rest of us get on with it. Because the automatic response to you and anyone talking about 'the english' should be 'you should try living here'.

Like, do you guys ever have a point? All the poo poo the Empire and its successor forms did is not hidden knowledge at this point. The only reason 'the English' collective punishment poo poo is done is to piss people off. Stop acting like there's some noble goal here.

Or take it to the CSPAM uk thread, they'll love your shtick

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The empire has now been invoked, my people are very normal you see