Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

taylor heinecke is going to beat tom brady in the football game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alaois posted:

:pray:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1347766849845522433?s=19

:3

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Happy for him :) It's cool to see him be so good

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the chargers are going to keep being bad for a long time

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're saying the Chargers are going to squander their promising QB's entire career?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

chamois posted:

i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the chargers are going to keep being bad for a long time

Maybe. Bad teams can have good players though, so I will continue to root for them if thats okay with you.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

R.D. Mangles posted:

this guy's still around? isn't he the i insist on wearing a suit on the sidelines but it has to be reebok apparel guy?

Yeah he wanted to wear a suit like his dad did when he was a coach, but because of the apparel deal it had to have the 49ers and reebok logo on the front. It looked ridiculous.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

a neat cape posted:

Maybe. Bad teams can have good players though, so I will continue to root for them if thats okay with you.

Archie Manning Syndrome.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I watched Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson grind themselves into a fine powder for some very, very bad Lions teams.

All I ever wanted was to see them win something. The ownership decided otherwise.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh cool, Fat Mike can reunite with Dom Capers now!

No loving poo poo you're not Patriots South McNair, Pats won things.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

a neat cape posted:

I can speak from recent experience in saying that rooting for a great young quarterback is a certified blast

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I got:

Bills
Bucs
Seahawks

for today.

I think Bills win a grinder, Bucs win but Rivera keeps it respectable, and Seahawks win a game that makes no one feel good about it.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 9, 2021

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Today:

Colts
Seahawks
WFT upset

I'm prepared for all three of these to be wrong

Sunday:
TEN
NO
PIT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If Alex Smith can actually play - WFT wins a nailbiter where TB12 throws two pick sixes. If Alex Smith cannot play, WFT is going to lose by 30.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This almost sounds like he's talking about Easterby meddling in the franchise.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

If Alex Smith can actually play - WFT wins a nailbiter where TB12 throws two pick sixes. If Alex Smith cannot play, WFT is going to lose by 30.

If Tom Brady shits the bed again in primetime I'm going to believe the rumors about his age related night blindness.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Saturday
Bills win over Colts
Seahawks over Rams
Buccs win over Washington

Green Bay vs Bears
Seahawks vs Buccs

Green Bay vs Buccs

Sunday
Titans beat Baltimore
Bears beat the Saints
BROWNS RUN WILD OVER PITTSBURGH

Bills vs Titans
Browns vs KC

Bills vs Browns

Browns vs Green Bay

Browns

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1347922415037378561?s=21

Don’t count out AAF Legend John Wolford.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Never been more comfortable in a playoff prediction than I am in that the Bucs are going to wax the WFT.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

Never been more comfortable in a playoff prediction than I am in that the Bucs are going to wax the WFT.

I find your lack of faith in NFC East clownball disturbing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tampa Bay's going to win by at least three touchdowns. Bet the house on them covering - -8.5 is a hilariously low cover.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Alaois posted:

:hfive:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I was hoping it’d be a little colder in Washington today, but low 40s and clear probably isn’t bad enough weather for Brady to suck

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Cold weather: Tom Brady's weakness.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

wyoak posted:

I was hoping it’d be a little colder in Washington today, but low 40s and clear probably isn’t bad enough weather for Brady to suck

Don’t worry forecast calls for plenty of Chase Young and Monteaz Sweat :getin:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bills are going to dismantle the Colts. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Cold weather: Tom Brady's weakness.
He’s old and moved to Florida, old people who move to Florida don’t like the cold please don’t use “stats” to refute this

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
My brain says Tampa should have no problem with WFT but they also are exactly the kind of team tampa played down to during the regular season like the Giants and Bears. They are better than the bum teams that they feasted on at the end of the year like Detroit

They are either going to:
get blown out
Lose like 21-9 cause all they can do is kick field goals
Eek out a sloppy win by a few points because the Bucs do Bucs things and have dumb penalties and turn the ball over while Brady gets harassed by Young all game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You're saying they could win or lose? Bold if true.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks / Rams game gonna be a low scoring battle. Either the Rams play a gimpy Jared Goff or an AAF superstar, and the Seahawks have to face one of the best defenses (well, Aaron Donald) that they've always struggled with. Still, I think Seattle will win the turnover battle, and it'll be like a 20-10 win.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Bills are going to dismantle the Colts. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.

I will depend on how good the Bills run defense is, but I agree.

Colts defense will keep it close probably most the game so dismantle might be wrong, but wont come down to the wire at the end.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're right, I overstated it. It won't be like the Miami game last week. I'll just be very surprised if it's a one score game by the end. A lot of people, mostly just Robert Mays, have been really high on the Colts and I don't see how they reasonably compete with Phillip Rivers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

My brain says Tampa should have no problem with WFT but they also are exactly the kind of team tampa played down to during the regular season like the Giants and Bears. They are better than the bum teams that they feasted on at the end of the year like Detroit

The Football Team just struggled brutally to beat a team that was intentionally trying to lose. The week before they got roundly spanked by a 5 win Panthers team.

The difference between them and the Lions could thread a needle

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Kalli posted:

The Football Team just struggled brutally to beat a team that was intentionally trying to lose. The week before they got roundly spanked by a 5 win Panthers team.

On the other hand The Football Team defeated the undefeated Steelers. In short, Washington is a land of contrasts.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kalli posted:

Washington was starting haskins against the Panthers though. Eagles also aren't that bad with hurts in there, Doug just gave up

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You're right, I overstated it. It won't be like the Miami game last week. I'll just be very surprised if it's a one score game by the end. A lot of people, mostly just Robert Mays, have been really high on the Colts and I don't see how they reasonably compete with Phillip Rivers.

I'd take the Bills -6.5 easy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If the Colts can control the ball and run like they did last week, they might be able to steal it. The defense can't have any lapses though, and they tend to sometimes play too soft too often.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Codependent Poster posted:

If the Colts can control the ball and run like they did last week, they might be able to steal it. The defense can't have any lapses though, and they tend to sometimes play too soft too often.

The first 10 minutes out of the Halftime locker room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

As soon as I saw that tweet about Alex smith maybe not starting or having calf issues I jumped to open Fan Duel.