Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Tarezax posted:

I main Beidou and primarily rely on her parry for DPS. ATM she crits for like 45k damage if she's standing in Bennett's ult, and 31k otherwise. She can do a bit of phys dps in a pinch since she's rocking lvl 85 Serpent Spine and some decent crit stats, but it's mainly the parry and her burst that do the big numbers.

I should also mention that I have her at C6 :v: At C4 she gets elec damage added onto her melee attacks for 10s after she gets hit (including parried hits). Spamming her charge attack after a max charge parry deals some pretty decent numbers by itself.

Also, by hits the game means any hit. If you set her on fire (Or possibly stand in Bennett's pyro field. Haven't tested the field yet.) with a character like Xinyan she instantly gets a heavy buff to damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Archonex posted:

The secret to Beidou's attacks is to know when to animation cancel. Her last attack in her AA has a massive lag time that you want to avoid in a lot of fights.

Also, realize that you can cancel with her skill, ult, dashing, hopping, or by switching to another character.

That being said, her auto attack really needs a damage boost to be comparable to some of the other characters. Though maybe that's the point, she's basically DMC's royal guard mode in Genshin. You quickly swap into her and pop a quick counter and then swap out once the electro boost is gone.

Also, I think one of her constellations gives her AA an extra electro hit on each attack for minor electro damage for reactions and extra damage all around. Though I may be misremembering it. It does help with the damage a bit and makes her viable to keep out for more than counter's and other similar limited time things.

If you have that particular C, she's possible to main because combination of that + the 15% bonuses you get from your full damage parries. Full parry into ult into charge attack is a lot of damage.

e: I love Beidou and I use her all the time because figuring out how to work her parry into your rotation is genuinely interesting, and her ult pairs well with a fuuuuuuckload of characters

S.J. fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 9, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Pope Urbane II posted:

Cuupmbjsvd

New promo code. Probably going to expire rapidly.

Last promo was simp, now we have cum bj

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
The bimbofication continues unabated

kater
Nov 16, 2010

don't deprive people of quality ganyu content

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
We all have to wait. She's still charging up the answer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have broken the seal and am no longer F2P

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Nothing like a day where your four dailies are
1. kill hilichurls
2. kill hilichurls
3. kill hilichurls
4. go have a nice friendly chat with a hilichurl and everybody has a good peaceful time

to make you go "now just hang on a minute" is there? leave the hilichooms alone

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Stanko-Prussian posted:

to make you go "now just hang on a minute" is there? leave the hilichooms alone

and miss out on 30 gems? what kinda gonk idea is that

the ethnic cleansing of the hilichooms is very not preem and we will deserve whatever we have coming re: abyss fuckery

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I know I'm late to the party but drat... 11-2 Spiral Abyss is infuriating. Yet another point in the game that spites me for not getting Venti. I feel like I'm going to have to either bring a really strong Taunt skill or stack tons of geo structures to protect that thing because being everywhere at once simply ain't an option.

Edit: Oh yeah and looking for opinions here. I want to build a new DPS but not sure what I should dump the resources into. I have level 1 of the following:
C0 Diluc
C6 Beidou
C6 Razor
R1 Wolf's Gravestone

I feel like Beidou would be a really good pair in a team with Childe, but the other 2 options seem like they would just be heavy hitters all on their own.

The Crusher fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 9, 2021

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I hate the "make friendly banter with Hillchurls" commissions because it deposits suspicious steaks that I can't get rid of unless I purposefully get someone killed, repeatedly. Why on earth would I use the worst possible resurrect food in any combat situation where I actually needed to resurrect someone in order to win?

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

AG3 posted:

I hate the "make friendly banter with Hillchurls" commissions because it deposits suspicious steaks that I can't get rid of unless I purposefully get someone killed, repeatedly. Why on earth would I use the worst possible resurrect food in any combat situation where I actually needed to resurrect someone in order to win?

You give those to manly jack because gently caress that nerd.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

aside from the special revive foods, they all just revive you into oneshot range anyway

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

dogsicle posted:

aside from the special revive foods, they all just revive you into oneshot range anyway

Yeah, when I combat rez I always have to chase it with healing food or an actual heal skill. Might as well suspicious steak.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
pause, suspicious steak, 2* or better instaheal food. it's useless in MP/special challenge mode, but it'll do for SP in a pinch

e: this assumes you have a Benny ult or similar ready to pop to finish the heal and protect your carry

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

The Crusher posted:

C0 Diluc
C6 Beidou
C6 Razor
R1 Wolf's Gravestone

A) How in the hell do you have an R1 gravestone?!?
B) The good answer is Diluc. The cool answer is Beidou.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

The Crusher posted:

C6 Beidou

a team with Childe

:unsmigghh:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Mailer posted:

A) How in the hell do you have an R1 gravestone?!?
B) The good answer is Diluc. The cool answer is Beidou.

Refine 1? Meaning the base item?
And yeah I think I wanna have cool fun with Beidou, Klee already fulfills all my burning needs.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

here's my insane Wolf's Gravestone question

when you have two copies do you refine it for the +5%/+10% atk to its bonuses, or keep it separate so you can run WG support on Beidou/Chongyun (in a different team) while Diluc keeps the one that's stapled to him

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

dogsicle posted:

when you have two copies do you refine it for the +5%/+10% atk to its bonuses, or keep it separate so you can run WG support on Beidou/Chongyun (in a different team) while Diluc keeps the one that's stapled to him

I personally think keeping them separate is better. Having a slightly min/maxed main character is nothing compared to the extra ~200 base ATK and support bonus that WG gives over other 4 stars.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i slot chong as support a lot since i dont exactly have a lot of options for cryo (or support gs characters) so i would want the two gravestones

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dogsicle posted:

Never refine 5*s unless you are a huge whale. WG is insanely better than any 4* especially for supports. Ie is it more important for your diluc to do 4% more damage, or for your Chongyun to do 30% more damage + turn on the buff for team 2?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 9, 2021

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

So, do these co-op challenges the treasure hunting is turning up have rewards that makes them worth putting up with co-op for?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stanko-Prussian posted:

So, do these co-op challenges the treasure hunting is turning up have rewards that makes them worth putting up with co-op for?

Today's challenge was shooting six barrels in fifteen seconds, perfectly doable in several (two for me) tries from the right spot. Co-op would definitely make it easier, but why co-op for few seconds of gameplay?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the tutorial message specifically says you can collect the reward multiple times in co-op, which i think is implying you should go help other people with it to get the rewards. i wasnt super paying attention but i think it said you can collect the reward 3 times in co-op for the duration of the event?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's 5 hero's wits per world you complete it in (up to 3 other worlds, or 15 wits).

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

I think the important question here really is: What color seelie are you gonna get??

I'm going for yellow so Ningguang can mistake it for a star jade and chuck it at baddies.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Radical posted:

the tutorial message specifically says you can collect the reward multiple times in co-op, which i think is implying you should go help other people with it to get the rewards. i wasnt super paying attention but i think it said you can collect the reward 3 times in co-op for the duration of the event?

Wait what? I don't think I've seen this part of the event.

The Crusher posted:

I think the important question here really is: What color seelie are you gonna get??

I'm going for yellow so Ningguang can mistake it for a star jade and chuck it at baddies.

the pink one :kimchi:

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
What's the secret to getting big damage from book/catalyst users? I have a level 80 Mona with a R3 Eye of Deception, a 5* artifact with Hydro bonus, lots of elemental recharge, and decent atk% substats and her attack is still only 1550. Talents are middling level 5s. Crit rate is 35%. She still hits like a wet noodle.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Framboise posted:

Wait what? I don't think I've seen this part of the event.

Yeah I got the coop event but my girlfriend didn't :iiam:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the co-op thing seems to spawn after you finish the big hunt, i dont think its a random thing

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Radical posted:

the co-op thing seems to spawn after you finish the big hunt, i dont think its a random thing

I did the big hunt but just got a solo challenge to beat up a water and ice mage pair.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Lord Ephraim posted:

What's the secret to getting big damage from book/catalyst users?

Mona doesn't get good damage multipliers outside her burst. She'll never really do good damage, at least not in the way Klee or Ning do.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Mona has bad normal attacks. Her charged attack is less bad but still not amazing. Her ult is the only part of her kit that is exciting for damage, so she really fits best as burst support with 2pc noblesse and 2pc hydro set in a vaporize team. If you want to do sustained DPS on a catalyst user try Klee or Ning.

Edit: Mona has a lot of utility with her taunt, water run, and her burst disable outside of her damage potential, but she's not a good carry.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 9, 2021

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

The secret to making anyone strong is usually the same unfortunate answer, and that is good artifact RNG. ATK%/Element DMG%/Crit% or Crit DMG main stats, and ATK%/Crit%/CritDmg sub stats on everything where applicable, or elemental mastery in some cases.

I've been grinding out the hydro domain for about 1000 resin's worth already and I'm just ignoring anything that doesn't have the holy trinity of sub stats for a DPS.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ibblebibble posted:

I did the big hunt but just got a solo challenge to beat up a water and ice mage pair.

Yeah, same here. Nothing co-op or anything.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

The Crusher posted:

The secret to making anyone strong is usually the same unfortunate answer, and that is good artifact RNG. ATK%/Element DMG%/Crit% or Crit DMG main stats, and ATK%/Crit%/CritDmg sub stats on everything where applicable, or elemental mastery in some cases.

I've been grinding out the hydro domain for about 1000 resin's worth already and I'm just ignoring anything that doesn't have the holy trinity of sub stats for a DPS.

God drat do I love that Albedo wants every DEF% stat and substat roll. Makes gearing him minus set bonus incredibly easy. He's the one shining diamond in the massive refuse pile that is the substat hellgrind.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tomorrow's not the last day of reward unlocks for this event, right?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

God drat do I love that Albedo wants every DEF% stat and substat roll. Makes gearing him minus set bonus incredibly easy. He's the one shining diamond in the massive refuse pile that is the substat hellgrind.

Yeah I do love characters that break the mold. My Noelle is a very hodgepodge mess of dmg and defense and makes it work somehow.

I saw what may have been a fake leak for a 5star sword that was along the lines of [20%-40%] increased max HP with a low % of Max HP scaling into dmg or atk. Whether its real or not I would love for weapons to also encourage breaking that artifact mold.

Really wish that attack speed was a stat more commonly seen, it would have some neat applications too. I'm pretty sure Inazuma is introducing 3 and 5 set artifact bonuses that will incorporate that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

tomorrow's not the last day of reward unlocks for this event, right?

You can scroll down. I know, there's very little indication this is possible. Gacha UI.