Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

Can we also have the current situation for all markers? (mostly for their current momentum)
I knew I had forgot something (twice) :doh:

Omobono posted:

Can you put in the various house sheets which agenda each house did and didn't see before their pick? (obviously each house only gets their secret information)
They are already there, in a comment on the selected Hidden Agenda.

Omobono posted:

What's the voting order? House Lethe starts as current leader, but apart from that?

House Gambol is currently moderator, as the house with the lowest house number prestige at game start.
There is no voting order in the LP; please check the OP for the voting rules :)
But yeah I should have specified that House Lethe is the current Leader (in case it matters) and House Gambol is the Moderator, let me add that.

EDIT: update with the 1st Dilemma at the bottom of last page! Why does this keep happening :v:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden

Senator of House Cyfoeth

A middle aged, obese man, waving a tankard at the bottom of the Council table leans towards his neighbour and completely fails to whisper.

"This soldier stuff seems tiresome. Just a bunch of young boys prancing around in fancy uniforms. I haven't overslept and missed a war again, right? Surely it's better to sell the stuff and bring something useful back. Like wine!"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Second Cousin, Thrice Removed

I agree with my dear... if obnoxiously loud... Neighbor. What threat do we face now? None! The army shan't use this to good effect at all. Now I love a dashing uniform as much as the next bluebood, but I like money more. Put this new material to work with the merchants, not the drilling field

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

We question where these degenerates from our northern border came across these materials. It is hard to believe they came across them by accident, and cannot help but wonder when their true owners shall arrive for what was taken from them?

~Blessed be The Mother~

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 9, 2021

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Sitting Councilmember

I agree with the misgivings of my esteemed Brother. On the whole, I have no strong opinion on this matter. If anything, I feel the funds could be put to better use for the glory of the church and the happiness of the people, rather than as weapons of war for the decadent military, but whaterver happens is the Mother's will.

Blessed be the Mother.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Sitting Councilmember

A consideration for my brethren, and I hope this doesn't put me out of your favor, but I would note that if we are able to make steel-shattering weaponry with this new material then surely our neighbors would be as well. Whoever controls it will have the advantage should war break out, and it would therefore behoove us to keep it for our own military, rather than trade it away and have it end up who knows where. Prosperity and wealth are ends devoutly to be sought, but I daresay we cannot enjoy it if we lack confidence in our own security.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden
Sitting Councilmember

If you want peace, prepare for pece. Using this stuff to make weapons will make our neighbours nervous, start to think maybe they should attack us before we can fully bring the advantages to bear.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Senator of House Pinchay

Regardless of how much of this stuff the Skaram rats are offering, it's a safe bet that there's far more where they got it from - and surely that distant land isn't overlooking its military potential, or this stuff would already be on the market. Unless our own soldiers are equipped with the stuff, we'll be hard-pressed to defend against a similarly equipped army.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

House Gambol, Dukes of Solad
Senator

Both sides have excellent merits. In such a case, I am hard pressed to find the more worthy cause!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Inadequately posted:

Senator of House Pinchay

Regardless of how much of this stuff the Skaram rats are offering, it's a safe bet that there's far more where they got it from - and surely that distant land isn't overlooking its military potential, or this stuff would already be on the market. Unless our own soldiers are equipped with the stuff, we'll be hard-pressed to defend against a similarly equipped army.

You are assuming it is not a mere alchemist's grift? All that glitters is not gold! There are other ways to protect our borders from heretics, and we may use them as our more confrontational neighbors' weapons turn back to lead.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sitting Councilmember

Frankly I agree, this "Red Iron" sounds like a load of manure. While I'll wait for my fellow senators to make their voices heard, I'm leaning towards Nay. Best to sell this and make it someone else's problem.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Senator

If this is a real quantum leap in war technology, this won't be the only deposit of it in existence. We can likely sell this on and seek more later, if it's needed.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Senator

The nobleman with the monocle shakes his head. "While I agree with our councilmember, it seems like we are extremely outvoted. Perhaps a withdraw might serve for now."

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Out of curiosity: In the theoretical case that more houses pass and gather power than there are power tokens on the table, what happens?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Covski posted:

Out of curiosity: In the theoretical case that more houses pass and gather power than there are power tokens on the table, what happens?
Everything that is not divisible equally between all the players that have picked "Pass and gather power" stays in the pot. This means that IE: if 4 Houses decide to pass and gather power but there are only 3 Power tokens in play, nobody gets anything! If for some reason everyone passes, the victory is decided by the Moderator (who becomes the Leader for the vote).

Now, an important detail about The Leader (IE: the House that gets to sign the outcome card): If multiple Houses on the winning side are tied for amount of Power spent, the ownership of the Leader token must be determined by the Moderator, who can bargain with thetied players about who will be assigned the Leader token, if they so desire. Important decisions will often have a mechanical bonus for the House signing the outcome card, although not all of them do. The Leader also gets to sign the positive/negative Chronicle Sticker attached to the vote (more on this as soon as we'll encounter a card with a Chronicle sticker as part of its outcome).

Adding these details to the OP!

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Sitting Councilmember

Even though I understand your concerns, my vote is still closer to Aye. If the red iron is real, which I concede it may not be, we would feel quite foolish to let this opportunity pass us by.

grandalt posted:

Senator

The nobleman with the monocle shakes his head. "While I agree with our councilmember, it seems like we are extremely outvoted. Perhaps a withdraw might serve for now."

Not so, my friend. I am willing to put some coin down to proffer Solad's support, and we have yet to hear the opinion of the Dukes of Olwyn. There's room to still pull out a victory on this.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Duchess Nea, An older, well dressed figure with a wiry and gaunt form. A matriarch of the house.

I cannot make deals on behalf of the keeper of our purse, but I find myself more than happy to bargain. This material is an opportunity, of course, and as moderator and councilor alike, I am... Flexible.

If house Pinchay or any other house is agreeable, my terms are 3 coin to start, and if anyone else finds they would like to pay more, that's certainly fine by me.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Blastinus posted:

Sitting Councilmember
There's room to still pull out a victory on this.

Nea posted:

This material is an opportunity, of course, and as moderator and councilor alike, I am... Flexible.

Hear, hear! Such wisdom steers Gambol and Ankist to greatness.

As well, if any single house seeks to gather power (a great deal!), then House Gambol makes a 2-2-1 vote a victory.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Sitting Councilmember, also Treasurer

3 Coins for a vote is a fair trade, I believe. I accept. I will lay out my proposal then, and if your Treasurer is amenable, we can proceed.

Proposal: House Pinchay will offer 3 Coins to House Gambol for a Vote of Aye in this dilemma.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Blastinus posted:

Sitting Councilmember, also Treasurer

3 Coins for a vote is a fair trade, I believe. I accept. I will lay out my proposal then, and if your Treasurer is amenable, we can proceed.

Proposal: House Pinchay will offer 3 Coins to House Gambol for a Vote of Aye in this dilemma.

Treasurer

you didn't specify how much influence we'd put up on our aye vote.
counterproposal: 3 coins for 1 Gambol influence on an aye vote

(reminder, it's not one house one vote, it's one influence one vote; most influence wins)

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Strictly speaking, Influence is the tower marker (which is not just military might), Power is what you are spending to back a vote of Aye or Nay.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Omobono posted:

Treasurer

you didn't specify how much influence we'd put up on our aye vote.
counterproposal: 3 coins for 1 Gambol influence on an aye vote

(reminder, it's not one house one vote, it's one influence one vote; most influence wins)

Sitting Councilmember

That's hardly much of an exchange rate, but thank you for the reminder. If that's your price, perhaps I could get a bulk discount instead.

Counter-Counterproposal: House Pinchay will offer 4 Coins for House Gambol to spend 2 Power on an Aye Vote

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Omobono posted:

(reminder, it's not one house one vote, it's one influence Power one vote; most influence Power wins)

Great point, and great reminder to recheck the rules.
There's some poker type gameplay, where rounds of Power bidding-up can cycle around the table a few times. E: Although the OP implies it's more of a single-blind prisoners' dilemma situation, for the thread?

C... fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 9, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Blastinus posted:

Sitting Councilmember

That's hardly much of an exchange rate, but thank you for the reminder. If that's your price, perhaps I could get a bulk discount instead.

Counter-Counterproposal: House Pinchay will offer 4 Coins for House Gambol to spend 2 Power on an Aye Vote

That's acceptable.
I'll formally accept the deal tomorrow in case some other house wants to join the bidding, though.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Senator

What talk is this I hear among my lords? "Red Iron" from smugglers? Preposterous, we have a word for 'red iron' here in Ankist, it's called rust. If this new metal be as abundant as they claim, surely this will not be the first shipment which makes its way into our borders.
Further, let's not forget this is not an either-or kind of decision, the Army simply demands the vast lion's share of materials. Something they demand before we can even confirm these smuggler's tales, if we go throwing the treasury at every snake-oil salesman and moon-rock peddler who comes by the kingdom won't be able to pay our soldiers to wear this fancy new armor.

Surely we can make due with only giving the army some of this new material while the rest is used to pay for future investment.

I urge my house as well as any other Sitting Councilmembers to vote against this proposal. Trusting our kingdom to strange, foreign, wonder-metals only leaves us vulnerable when shipments stop.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Treasurer

Both plans have their merits, though I, too, have my doubts as to the true value of weapons with such... unseemly origins.

House Lethe may be best served by allowing those members more concerned with such secular matters to decide. That said, we are always willing to hear the petitions of those who serve the Mother as we do.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

C... posted:

Great point, and great reminder to recheck the rules.
There's some poker type gameplay, where rounds of Power bidding-up can cycle around the table a few times. E: Although the OP implies it's more of a single-blind prisoners' dilemma situation, for the thread?

Yeah when played live it would in fact be some kind of poker; but that would potentially take 1+ week to resolve a single Dilemma, so we are using a blind auction system instead, with 48h for everyone to chime in and bargain (and potentially bluff). There are also a couple other deviations from the main rules (IE: the "Pass and become moderator" being a Coin auction since it wouldn't be possible for multiple players to attempt to become moderators in the same round in non-asynchronous play)

That's the main reason I haven't linked to the rules PDF so far - but it's definitely ok for people to check them out, as long as they are aware of the differences :)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[1]

What goes on the slot for Open Agendas? That slot is still empty on our screen. Did we skip a step?

[2]

I note no one else from House Daucus has spoken up. I suppose I'm conflicted. By my nature, it seems like trading it (Nay) could stabilize our money supply, but it might be nice to keep and do research on this stuff for ourselves (Aye). At this point I feel stuck in the middle... maybe leaning slightly Aye? But maybe it would be better to just Pass.

Help/Advice/Offers of deal?

[3]

So, I have an interesting question.

I think it might be possible, using some mechanics, to infer people's Hidden Agendas and to track their Power and Coins.

House Daucus replies only - Would it be a good idea if I started tracking this and posted this in the thread, or should I keep shtum?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 9, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

(1)
Open agendas are not a thing until the next king's reign, so I'm waiting on that (and Chronicle Stickers, since they are tied to those) to avoid rules overload :)

(3)
It is definitely possible to count, although if you do so and post itt about it everyone can take advantage of that :)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I am not in a position to make bargains, but I do like the idea of being paid to vote Aye. As opposed to possible alternatives.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

If any of you believe this red iron crock, I'm selling the bridge they used to bring it here. You'll never guess what it's made of.

Sell this off, parcel it out, so that if everyone has it (if there is anything to be had), nobody gains. Except us, because we sold it to them.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Sitting Councilmember

We have but one report on the abilities of this new metal, and it would be folly to fully equip our soldiers in it before giving it a thorough examination.

Quackles posted:

House Daucus replies only - Would it be a good idea if I started tracking this and posted this in the thread, or should I keep shtum?

Feel free to share this information, good sir. Wisdom hoarded is wisdom wasted.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well then.

Mostly Accurate Senate Status Report
brought to you by House Daucus

Power/Coins
Currently all Houses should have 8 Power and 10 Coins. This will change as deals are struct and abilities kick in.

Prestige/Crave
Currently all Houses should have 0 Prestige and 0 Crave. This will change over time.

Hidden Agenda Prediction
Important: These are all guesses, which will be compiled and updated during each dilemma based on previous actions and results.

House Gambol appears to be gamble-ing with asking for money to sway votes in their favor.
Agenda: Greedy
Confidence: ##__

House Cyfoeth is strongly against matters, preferring to mitigate a potential decline in the Kingdom's wealth. I suspect they may be in it for longer-term resource gain.

Agenda: Opulent
Confidence: ##__

House Daucus hasn't done much yet and I'm still not sure what we're doing.

Agenda: That would be telling
Confidence:

House Pinchay appears to be on a destabilizing bent, I think.

Agenda: Opportunist
Confidence: ###_

House Natar is bailing out, and I suspect they may just want to smooth things over.

Agenda: Moderate
Confidence: ###_

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Blastinus posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Treasurer

Accepted
. Pleasure doing business with House Pinchay.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, I'm starting to get an idea of the design of this game.

Since only the winning side loses their Power, it encourages both sides to push boldly power-wise - and more importantly, it makes it minimally costly for their opponents to, y'know, oppose a motion, given that if they think they'll lose their Power is refunded. They only have to worry about winning.

I mention this because it seems like House Daucus is in something of a tiebreaker role, so I'd like to propose some sort of bargain. How about :

"For 2 Coins, House Daucus will not oppose the motion, and for 3, will vote Aye."

Obviously, I'm not the Sitting Councilmember so this isn't binding, but I'd just like to put that out there. Additional power could potentially be purchased for more Coins, if you're interested.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Quackles posted:

Since only the winning side loses their Power, it encourages both sides to push boldly power-wise - and more importantly, it makes it minimally costly for their opponents to, y'know, oppose a motion, given that if they think they'll lose their Power is refunded. They only have to worry about winning.
That is correct! To keep things spicy, we also have the Leader position to consider, so most rounds of voting are interesting even when no one really opposes the winning side. By the way, I'm trying to think of edge cases that would cause a difference between the regular play and the LP way and the edgiest case I can think of right now is "don't bribe a moderator in advance of a vote because you don't know if they are going to be the moderator at the end of it" :v:
Which is not really a problem since, whenever there is a tie after a vote, we'll have up to 24h for the Moderator to be bribed/decide (that's the reason I said a vote cycle is going to be either 48 or 72h). If we get a Moderator decision before the 24h window is over, of course, we'll move forward without waiting for the whole 24h to have passed.

By the way, since not everyone may be familiar with the way Google Sheets work, if you want to have a look at all the comments left by your Housemates and you don't want to click around cells, you can click on this icon to see a list of all the comments in a "nested structure":

Top right corner, text bubble icon. The comments are in reverse order, with the most recent ones at the top; they are nested in a way similar to old forums/reddit, with a "master" comment being the first comment on one specific cell and all the other comments being nested as "replies" to that one.

I also suggest to clean up old comments by resolving them once they are no longer relevant, to keep things readable. I leave this to each House's self organization for my own sanity :) I don't think this is a feature available on mobile unless you are using the official Google app to view the document, though, if anyone knows better please let us know!

EDIT: also also, in case there was any doubt: any empty white box next to something in your House Sheet (IE: Achievements or Alignments) means that you need to fill all the boxes (by satisfying the condition, IE: picking an Hidden Agenda or achieving a result) X times (one for each box) before you get the relevant bonus. So for example if you pick the same agenda 4 times, you'll receive that amount of Prestige/Crave; or that you need to complete an achievement with 3 white boxes next to it 3 times to get the completion bonus.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 10, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Witnessed!

This is a good moment to talk about the bottom part of your House's Sheet:

I'll update these fields after an agreement has been reached or after each vote. The numbers on the left represent the current Power (shield) and Coins that your House has for the reign of the current King. A positive value means that during that Round your House has gained P/C; a negative value means a loss of P/C. On the right, you can also see a field for Legacy effects; these will alter your P/C at the start of the next king's reign. Starting values for P/C are reset to 8/10 (modified by legacy effects) at the start of each king's reign!

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Quackles posted:

"For 2 Coins, House Daucus will not oppose the motion, and for 3, will vote Aye."

Obviously, I'm not the Sitting Councilmember so this isn't binding, but I'd just like to put that out there. Additional power could potentially be purchased for more Coins, if you're interested.

oldskool posted:

Sitting Councilmember

We have but one report on the abilities of this new metal, and it would be folly to fully equip our soldiers in it before giving it a thorough examination.

Sitting Councilmember

I take it then that, should no money pass hands, House Daucus will default to Nay? If so, that poses an issue. Wouldn't be wise to throw away all of our coin before the game's hardly begun.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We have passed the midpoint for this vote a few hours ago! A reminder to all Sitting Councilmembers that the deadline to submit your votes is at 12 noon GMT/UTC tomorrow (or about 19 hours from now) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Blastinus posted:

Sitting Councilmember

I take it then that, should no money pass hands, House Daucus will default to Nay? If so, that poses an issue. Wouldn't be wise to throw away all of our coin before the game's hardly begun.

Senator
Fear not my lord, for should your fount of coin run dry then the affairs of this debate chamber will mirror those of the kingdom, looming currency crisis and all. If the lords of House Daucus will vote with their hearts or heads over their coinpurse then I guess it will come down to how strongly everyone is willing to press their positions.