Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

So is that kid in his parents room talking to their bed or has he had a double bed since he was 4? And a pipe lamp? Is this a Big Mouth spin-off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (May 26, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Oct 14-15, 1988)

Robbie and Bobby

(May 2, 2018)

(May 4, 2018)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (March 31, 1965)

This.... is bad.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Alhazred posted:

TegneHanne
(DrawingHanne)

This is the strip that's replacing Zelda. Unlike Zelda it is explicitly based on the artist's, Hanne Sigbjørnsen, life. It also raised some discussion in Norway because she made some strips about her very traumatic birth and how she felt her hospital let her down.

Is this actually the same artist? What a pivot. I did laugh though.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Alhazred posted:

TegneHanne
(DrawingHanne)

This is the strip that's replacing Zelda. Unlike Zelda it is explicitly based on the artist's, Hanne Sigbjørnsen, life. It also raised some discussion in Norway because she made some strips about her very traumatic birth and how she felt her hospital let her down.

I'm no mother but "that's how it is" is hitting.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shneak posted:

Is this actually the same artist?

No, Lina Neidestam is the one who's making Zelda.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Alhazred posted:

No, Lina Neidestam is the one who's making Zelda.

I think they just got turned around by the 'Unlike Zelda ---' phrase, which made it sound a bit like it was a secondary series by the same artist/author.

Little Martianposting

SubNat fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 9, 2021

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Moomin Valley must be hell for Mrs. Fillyjonk.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 9, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Moomin Valley seems like it would be either super high stress or amazingly wonderful with absolutely no middle ground. (It can be both I guess)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you go to Moomin Valley, don't make plans

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Yes!

Mary Worth

"Here, take this dirty rag I carry in my pocket to blow my nose in, wipe my mouth and rub all over my face and use it to dab your eyes. I'm just old fashioned that way."

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Is that really all there is to diagnosing type-2? I guess it makes sense I just never thought about it.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

No new Rae the Doe on weekends!

Rae the Doe's web archives, we've uhh....entered the pandemic comics part. There's nothing wrong or bad about them, its just. It's been a wild 10 months huh.

Out Of It

Puddle of Pure Rage

You can support Rae the Doe by pledging to the author's Patreon!

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

The_Other posted:

Circus Windows in which Mildred makes a prediction.

(again if the thread thinks it's not appropriate for me to post a webcomic here, just tell me and I'll stop.)

Lottie has good taste in podcasts.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Yes!

the art may be wonky at times but she is giving the people what they want!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 07, 1943)

I need merlin's quote on a t-shirt or something, drat.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

We talk about how the young adult characters in Luann have a middle-school level of sexuality. But even as a sheltered super-churchy middle schooler, I was capable of saying to my friends, "Don't you think Jason is cute? I think Jason is cute. I have such a crush on Jason." I would never in a million years have confessed my feelings to Jason, but that's a different issue.

Bernice isn't even able to admit TO HER LIFELONG BEST FRIEND that she is attracted to a boy. I know it's a cliche that psych majors need the most therapy, but yeesh.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Yes!
:sickos:

That last panel got me good.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

The Bloop posted:

Comic Strips 2021: All's fair in love and vore

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Is that really all there is to diagnosing type-2? I guess it makes sense I just never thought about it.
That really is it. Buck did the 'random glucose>200+diabetes symptoms' and 'fasting glucose>126' ones. If this was real life Rex would probably throw in an A1C too just because those are quick and easy & give a longer term view of how your glucose levels have been. The glucose tolerance test isn't used that much ime because nobody wants to sit around for hours when there's a faster alternative.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space GUy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro The "Tuesday" is a misprint in the book again.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Yes!

"So anyways, sorry about my article being late and written on strips of bark, but that's how I ended up waging a guerilla war against my dad and the Feds from the relative safety of the Everglades."

The Shadow Jul. 18th, 1940

Axa

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So a lioness and a rhino made a bear.

gently caress I bet on a caticorn or something.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Slammy posted:

It’s possible that after the last few days I’m unconsciously searching for anything wholesome, but I thought these two were pretty good for Family Circus.

Honestly, I usually like Family Circus. It's never groundbreaking, but I don't find it as cloyingly twee as Rose is Rose, or as preachy as OBH. It's "family-friendly" humor that manages to come across in a way that, to me at least, doesn't seem regressive or make me think Keane is thinly veiling a fetish he's bursting at the seams trying to contain, and I do find it heartwarming on occasion.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

Holbrook really has a knack for making utterly loathsome characters.
"Hey! I just made + pitched a tv show featuring you without your knowledge or consent!
The first time I'm informing you of this at all is once the deal has been made and I've cornered you into it!
You are of course obligated to do so because I've put in the effort to monetize your momentary popularity."

It's just a constant running theme in so many of his strips that characters just... decide and do things for other characters without their say or consent.
And no matter the outcome, or how bad a thing they acually do, it's always glossed over for the next thing. Because the characters are the good guys in the strip.

(Also, hasn't everyone on the crew already been on what's essentially a 24.6/7 livestream for years? You'd think some of the characters would appreciate not being the center of media/program attention for a while.)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Isn't she also his wife or am I thinking of a different character?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SubNat posted:

Holbrook really has a knack for making utterly loathsome characters.
"Hey! I just made + pitched a tv show featuring you without your knowledge or consent!
The first time I'm informing you of this at all is once the deal has been made and I've cornered you into it!
You are of course obligated to do so because I've put in the effort to monetize your momentary popularity."
Don't forget also pointing out that he's not good enough to be a lead on the show she just signed him up for without his knowledge or permission.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

catlord posted:

The Shadow Jul. 18th, 1940

What's Flyin' Jenny?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

SubNat posted:

Little Martianposting

I've been waiting for this one. That panel you pulled out is probably my favorite panel in the history of comics. :3:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Some Guy TT posted:

What's Flyin' Jenny?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyin%27_Jenny

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Huh, Gladys Parker drew it for a few years. Interesting.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Flyin' Jenny looks cool.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

What's Flyin' Jenny?

Until August 10th, 1940 it was the comic just below The Shadow in The Evening Star. :shrug:

In all seriousness though, I've been laser focused on grabbing The Shadow. I just realised that Oaky Doaks is running at the same time.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Flyin' Jenny looks cool.

I'll grab a couple and post them, at least for a bit, why not?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

I've been waiting for this one. That panel you pulled out is probably my favorite panel in the history of comics. :3:

Yeah, it's an excellent little panel. Any chance you'd like it as an avatar?
Might be nice to repopulate the forums with Moomin-avatars again, now that the proceeds actually go to supporting the site 'n all.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

sweeperbravo posted:

Honestly, I usually like Family Circus. It's never groundbreaking, but I don't find it as cloyingly twee as Rose is Rose, or as preachy as OBH. It's "family-friendly" humor that manages to come across in a way that, to me at least, doesn't seem regressive or make me think Keane is thinly veiling a fetish he's bursting at the seams trying to contain, and I do find it heartwarming on occasion.

The way I put it is Family Circus never TRIES to be Family Circus, it just is Family Circus. Rose is Rose is trying to be Family Circus and failing.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The way I put it is Family Circus never TRIES to be Family Circus, it just is Family Circus. Rose is Rose is trying to be Family Circus and failing.

Family Circus also, albeit briefly, acknowledged that the pandemic was happening.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Ok, so I grabbed a few Flyin' Jennys. Keeping it synced with The Shadow, here's Jul. 18th, 1940. We appear to be coming in in the middle of a storyline, so no, I have no idea what's going on, but drat if it isn't a strong intro.

I think they're at a masquerade or something.

Then I looked to see if there was anything else good on the page, and I saw this and was amused, so have a random Mutt and Jeff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

I'm already sold on Flyin' Jenny! Thanks for grabbing it!