Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The_Doctor posted:

Watching Soul has reminded me of an American 80s film. I think it’s got observers from the afterlife watching a guy on earth go through various trials and they’re doing VO commentary on how he’s doing. The two observer voices are a man and a woman.

Not quite what you've mentioned but there was a sitcom about almost the same thing, called "Herman's Head".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Trevor Hale posted:

Defending Your Life?

I think it might be this?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Not quite what you've mentioned but there was a sitcom about almost the same thing, called "Herman's Head".

Maybe with a side of this?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Watching Soul has reminded me of an American 80s film. I think it’s got observers from the afterlife watching a guy on earth go through various trials and they’re doing VO commentary on how he’s doing. The two observer voices are a man and a woman.

Switch has God voiced alternately by a man and a woman.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

The_Doctor posted:

I think it might be this?

Maybe with a side of this?

Defending Your Life is a classic. It’s not announcers but heavenly lawyers debating whether you should move on or go back to earth to try again. They call up scenes from your life and debate them.

Herman’s Head was like Pixar’s Inside Out but with the first condom commercial to ever air

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I remember some bits of a sci-fi/fantasy b-movie I saw in a fever dream 25 years ago, and I may be mixing movies.

It had some sort of Dennis Hopper-like bad guy, I think he had his dick shot off, or something, and he wanted to rape some space princess, and it turned out he'd gotten a robot dick of some kind.

It also had a space chick flying away in a small space ship, exploding, but talking to the main character while it looked like she was still in the cockpit. Also, she may have been a giant spider.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Boz0r posted:

I remember some bits of a sci-fi/fantasy b-movie I saw in a fever dream 25 years ago, and I may be mixing movies.

It had some sort of Dennis Hopper-like bad guy, I think he had his dick shot off, or something, and he wanted to rape some space princess, and it turned out he'd gotten a robot dick of some kind.

It also had a space chick flying away in a small space ship, exploding, but talking to the main character while it looked like she was still in the cockpit. Also, she may have been a giant spider.

Space Truckers

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.

Wow, that looks terrible. I thought it was from the 70ies. Should I watch it?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Boz0r posted:

Yes, it's fun. Watch with booze and friends who like funny stupid SF movies.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The villian is the worlds second greatest terrorist

Crosswell
Jun 7, 2007
Lying in a Bombay alley
Please help me. I’ve been trying to find an old black and white movie forever. To me it seems very famous and a classic but I’ve only ever seen the last 15 minutes twice on tv. It baffles me that I can’t find it.

This gangster looking guy comes home to his apartment. Maybe the police or mafia are looking for him, maybe not. Either way the man is under a lot of stress and is either a sociopath or he just cracked. His mother immediately starts arguing with him, shouting over him, berating and picking him apart. She may be wheelchair-bound. He says, it’s alright mother. There’s nothing to worry about. He picks her up in his arms and rocks her. Your son is here. I’ll take care of everything. She calms down. He either throws her out a window or down the apartment stairs. Fin.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Easy. Kiss Of Death. 1947, Richard Widmark as Tommy Udo.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
In fact:

Crosswell
Jun 7, 2007
Lying in a Bombay alley
Thanks, somehow I overlooked that in the descriptions I read about Kiss of Death. Probably because I misremembered it as being the end of the movie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Some random clip I can’t remember and it’s driving me crazy. I feel like it’s within the last 5 years or so: a woman (I think) hears some news she likes but has to act like it’s bad so she says “ohhhh nooooo” in a really fake way. It’s played for comedy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Some random clip I can’t remember and it’s driving me crazy. I feel like it’s within the last 5 years or so: a woman (I think) hears some news she likes but has to act like it’s bad so she says “ohhhh nooooo” in a really fake way. It’s played for comedy.

Family Guy? The gay guy (edit: Bruce) says that a lot.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 2, 2021

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

oldpainless posted:

Almost positive that’s Fat Amy from Pitch Perfect

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Trevor Hale posted:

Almost positive that’s Fat Amy from Pitch Perfect

I think this is it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Other Amy Santiago does it in an ep of Brooklyn 99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56NmxyElmT4

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
I remember the ending of some horror/slasher/thriller and the basic premise. Young adults somehow end up at an old mansion, they start dying violently. In the end I think they revealed that at least two of them lured them all into the house to kill them, and there's cameras everywhere and people can pay to see the videos or something. It ends with one woman trapped in some room and she's crying because it's only the two murderers left and there's nothing she can do.
I watched it probably between 2001-2006, pretty sure it was an american film.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Finnish Flasher posted:

I remember the ending of some horror/slasher/thriller and the basic premise. Young adults somehow end up at an old mansion, they start dying violently. In the end I think they revealed that at least two of them lured them all into the house to kill them, and there's cameras everywhere and people can pay to see the videos or something. It ends with one woman trapped in some room and she's crying because it's only the two murderers left and there's nothing she can do.
I watched it probably between 2001-2006, pretty sure it was an american film.

This part reminds me of "My Little Eye", but the rest of it doesn't quite match.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I'm almost certain this will be very easy. It's a movie that I assume is from like 2005 to 2015 or so. I hope other movies aren't leaking into it but it's about some deadly kid that's being observed in a facility with a lot of concrete. I don't remember if she's supernatural, psychic, or Hanna-like super soldier but by the end some people are dead and they're trying to reason with her. I assume teen/tween kid. I've seen several recent "deadly kids" movies like the Hanna tv series, The Prodigy, and others. I'm almost certain it's the name of the kid (I think a girl) and I think it had a horror movie tilt to it. It would have been a mid-tier recommended movie, like not a big box office movie but the one people would have mentioned or recommended.

The only real visual I can think of is a large concrete room or atrium with concrete steps. Maybe a plastic viewing wall was once in use but the killer kid has overwhelmed whatever defenses they were relying on.

It's killing me because I know it will make me feel dumb when I hear the title. Any ideas?

Edit: I think it would have been in the category of sci-fi/horror.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 4, 2021

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Sounds like Morgan?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Torquemada posted:

Sounds like Morgan?

Yes, damnit. I knew I'd kick myself as soon as the title rolled in. Thanks!

Edit: Just finished a rental watch. Pretty good overall although it's missing that bit of good writing needed to make the main character's perspective and awareness as interesting as a Blade Runner or Ex Machina character. But good overall.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 5, 2021

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Comedy crucifixion scene, a long shot reveals the actors are standing on the ground in front of the crosses with their trousers down around their ankles. For years I assumed it had to be a mid- or end-credits gag in Life of Brian, but did a recent re-watch and it's not that.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Wild stab in the dark: History of the World Part 1?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

When I was young, probably ~8 years old, there was an advertisement for a movie on the USA network. I remember only one specific thing from the ad, but I've thought about it my whole life and I'd love to find what movie it was or watch the ad again. Here's all I've got:

Narrator says, "They say it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. It is!" As he says this we see a bride's reflection in a mirror. We just see her midsection. She brings her hand up and touches her wedding dress, revealing that her hand is a gnarly monster hand.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Spatulater bro! posted:

When I was young, probably ~8 years old, there was an advertisement for a movie on the USA network. I remember only one specific thing from the ad, but I've thought about it my whole life and I'd love to find what movie it was or watch the ad again. Here's all I've got:

Narrator says, "They say it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. It is!" As he says this we see a bride's reflection in a mirror. We just see her midsection. She brings her hand up and touches her wedding dress, revealing that her hand is a gnarly monster hand.

Reanimator 2?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

happyhippy posted:

Reanimator 2?

Nah, this would have been something not nearly as cool as Bride of Reanimator. It was probably even made-for-TV.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Spatulater bro! posted:

Maybe an ad for Stepmonster? Here's a similar shot from the movie itself (should start at 1:01:44)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njKG0m1MPFg&t=3704s

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Spatulater bro! posted:

Nah, this would have been something not nearly as cool as Bride of Reanimator. It was probably even made-for-TV.

There's a UK comedy show called League of Gentlemen, where they have this 'monster' child upstairs and try to get it married off.
I don't think they showed the monster in any way, but the other person was in a wedding dress. Maybe it was showing both at once.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Looking for a black and white movie that might have been an early horror.
I am sure there was a scene where a man looks outside the window to a black void that is full of people who may have represented souls? the dead?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Maybe 1951 Scrooge with Alastair Sim?

Go to 19:45

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jghpg

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Sir Nose posted:

Maybe 1951 Scrooge with Alastair Sim?

Go to 19:45

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jghpg

Unfortunately that's not the one.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

I'm not sure if there's a scene quite like you describe, but early horror + darkness + looking at the dead makes me think of Carnival of Souls.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Boz0r posted:

there's some great 90s cheese in it and some genuinely decent Total Recall style effects

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Movie from the....90s? I think it's a comedy

scene is a bunch of cops show up to a thing and two cops point guns (rifles?) at each other while getting in standoff position

very Pink Panther vibe (for the scene anyway) but i dont think it was that

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

deety posted:

I'm not sure if there's a scene quite like you describe, but early horror + darkness + looking at the dead makes me think of Carnival of Souls.

Just had a look at this on youtube, I am sure it was set before that time period, probably before the 1900s

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

there's some great 90s cheese in it and some genuinely decent Total Recall style effects

It's also directed by the same guy as Robot Jox and Re-Animator and he almost always squeezes cool ideas and personality into all of his movies. I'd recommend a watch if only to see what they haul in the future.

Final Call
Nov 15, 2005

I'm trying to figure out this probably 80 's early 90' s movie. There might be a small chance it was an episode in a tv-series as well, but the gist is that it' s about a pirate(s) who can only set foot on land for a limited amount of time. If the pirate(s) don' t meet the time constraints they get dragged to hell or the underworld by these shadow creatures. They would like just accumulate/appear and then drag em into the ground.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
While I don't think it's what you're after, that is the curse/resolution at the end of the Pirates of the Caribbean series.