Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can't hit me

You can't hit me

You can't hit me

You can't hit me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Dracula turns 3D and does a beautiful vertical split behold my true form AND DESPAIR

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Get these swords outta here I wanna see that lamp.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

between curse of the moon 1 & 2, azure striker gunvolt, mighty gunvolt burst, blaster master zero 1 & 2, and MM10 i feel like inti creates is the best under-the-radar AA studio in japan

i mean they also made galgun but at least we got CREEPER CAM jeff gerstmann out of it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the self-bleep is an extremely powerful move

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I am very excited for the Sekiro race this afternoon.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

The 7th Guest posted:

the self-bleep is an extremely powerful move

I thought it was a prerecorded run, did he actually make that sound himself?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hell yes The Orange Kid hat

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

it sounds like he has a soundboard, but even if he didn't, there's enough of a delay that GDQ could bleep it themselves

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Celeste with a dance mat sounds like something I'll VOD later on.

Now on to SMB2

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The longer this run goes on, the more suggestive Garfield's stare becomes.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Ineptitude posted:

He absolutely did that bleep live on his end.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Celeste with a dance mat sounds like something I'll VOD later on.

Now on to SMB2

It's completely bonkers, you should definitely watch it

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I remember playing SMB around the time it came out. I think I got up to the bandage girl levels, don't remember where exactly I stopped. The movement is so fluid, it's really fun to play. But I can't imagine replaying it now. It takes too long to re-learn the way the characters move.

And the music is pretty good too. A really good indie platformer, back when there weren't as many (iirc).

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

itry posted:

I remember playing SMB around the time it came out. I think I got up to the bandage girl levels, don't remember where exactly I stopped. The movement is so fluid, it's really fun to play. But I can't imagine replaying it now. It takes too long to re-learn the way the characters move.

And the music is pretty good too. A really good indie platformer, back when there weren't as many (iirc).

It was in that really early wave when indie games were only just starting to show up on consoles.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"What was the fun fact? You were gonna say 'it looks like a skull, but...' ?"
"No, it just looks like a skull."
"Oh."
"Is that not fun to you??"

What do you call this genre of games? IWBTG, Super Meat Boy, etc.? OHKO platformers? Bullshit platformers? I've never had any interest to play these but I love watching someone being very good at 'em.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

TeaJay posted:

"What was the fun fact? You were gonna say 'it looks like a skull, but...' ?"
"No, it just looks like a skull."
"Oh."
"Is that not fun to you??"

What do you call this genre of games? IWBTG, Super Meat Boy, etc.? OHKO platformers? Bullshit platformers? I've never had any interest to play these but I love watching someone being very good at 'em.

Spike or Saw platformer ares terms I've heard

itry
Aug 23, 2019

IWBTG is pretty bullshit. I wouldn't put it in the same category as SMB though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love using the OC Remix music on the intermissions. There's been many favourites I've been listening to over the years but some new one I haven't heard before.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat it now I want chinese food

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this game was so neat, but i cant support their next game unless they clarify if they still think jordan peterson is their meat loving messiah

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Kinda wish there were more communities like the speedrunning community. You always hear each runner say how everyone around them is great and helps them push themselves to better things, and that's really not my experience of anywhere. Thanks to medications I'll be taking for the rest of my life, I'll never have the reaction times for speedrunning, but drat I'd love to be a part of something like that with great people in it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

Kinda wish there were more communities like the speedrunning community. You always hear each runner say how everyone around them is great and helps them push themselves to better things, and that's really not my experience of anywhere. Thanks to medications I'll be taking for the rest of my life, I'll never have the reaction times for speedrunning, but drat I'd love to be a part of something like that with great people in it.

I'm sure there are plenty of games that don't require fast reflexes like RPG's? Nothing preventing you to checking out the community and guides for a game you like and taking it on, even if you wouldn't be world learderboard nr. 1.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Extremely hype for beat saber

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Azza Bamboo posted:

Not to sound too negative but you're really seeing the best of the best right now. There's plenty of insular drama that goes on, as there is in any sufficiently large community. GDQ does its best to distance itself from all that.

I'm not trying to be discouraging with this. I think there are plenty of great communities out there surrounding all sorts of things. You just gotta find them. But don't be fooled into thinking any of em are perfect.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

uh i hope the camera isn't facing away from the action when the game starts lol

e: oh ok, she's just facing away to address the audience

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Is this the first time KFFC has done a run?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cernunnos posted:

Is this the first time KFFC has done a run?

She said in the interview earlier that yes it is!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
...I could not do that.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

"We're starting a little simple."

:stare:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat it that was not simple at all!

But I am watching a woman destroy blocks with light sabers to the tune of Banjo Kazooie

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
One minute of gameplay, five minutes of talking. She’s so nervous, oof.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

CYBERPUNK

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

My hands would probably be tired already at this point.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Good so far, hopefully the bangers keep up!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat it Twitch don't lose it now!

Banginnnnnnnnnn'

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Megalovania is only the third song in this set :stare:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Holy poo poo the way this is presented with the green screen! Does the game make it easy to set this kind of presentation up? It's on some Nick Arcade poo poo!

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
This seems to be one of those games where, if you haven’t played it, it’s impossible to tell if what’s happening is impressive or just... how the game looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't played it but her hitting all those blocks surely is impressive as hell.