Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Keyser_Soze posted:

^^SAME :argh:

We've had a very good run of "free" coverage here :911: on FoxSports 1,2 for the last 6+ years and received (I'm guessing) 95% of all the games, since those channels were usually included in a standard TV package.

ESPN is only showing 4 matches on their regular channel this year, and I'm pretty sure yesterday's was 1 of them. I'm not very motivated having to pay ESPN+ $6/month (and use their dumb separate app) going forward to watch. Hopefully ESPN+ implodes and the matches go to ESPN's normal channels.

I don't want to go back to the dark days of pre-2010 watching on laptop via shady russian streams, etc. :smith:

For $50/yr ESPN+ is a fantastic deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I got FS1/FS2 in a normal tier on DishTV for years and for the last 14 months via YouTubeTV, so it seemed like I was getting most matches. I just didn't want another app for BL and then the Peacock EPL shyte too. If they'd integrate these with providers that would help. Get off my lawn. :argh:

I'll probably just give in and subscribe to them both but not until January. :smith:

also: I can't wait to see what new garbage schemes NBC comes up with for winter sports this year too.....meh. At least we can hopefully still watch biathlon on ever shifting YouTube streams.

Apparently ESPN "only" paid $30m USD for the rights (on 59k viewers last season).

EDIT: oh sweet, FS1/2 have Canadian Premier Futbol league on now. lol

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 19, 2020

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NBC seems to be doing the same thing, moving a ton of matches to Peacock. That may be because the Tour de France is going on in the mornings right now on NBCSN but there used to be one or two games on the NBC app and the rest on TV, now it’s the opposite.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Serie A went to ESPN last year and espn+ has been worth the investment. It’s really quite good and worth the money for all the content you get.

Also lol you’ll get 1 or 2 matches a week on tv if you’re lucky. There’s Division 8 college football and bowling to be broadcasted, you fools

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
How to kill a manager's career in four words or fewer

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

How to kill Robert Enke in four words or fewer

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
idgi

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It was a poor attempt I’ll admit, I should have changed the quoted tweet too

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Loris Karius is on season-long loan to Union.

I hate it!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Keyser_Soze posted:

^^SAME :argh:

We've had a very good run of "free" coverage here :911: on FoxSports 1,2 for the last 6+ years and received (I'm guessing) 95% of all the games, since those channels were usually included in a standard TV package.

ESPN is only showing 4 matches on their regular channel this year, and I'm pretty sure yesterday's was 1 of them. I'm not very motivated having to pay ESPN+ $6/month (and use their dumb separate app) going forward to watch. Hopefully ESPN+ implodes and the matches go to ESPN's normal channels.

I don't want to go back to the dark days of pre-2010 watching on laptop via shady russian streams, etc. :smith:

Yeah, ESPN+ is a bit of a racket, but 6/months isn't that much (less than a sandwich) and there is a massive amount of content on there

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Some good news for once.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

There's some irony to a Hoeneß defeating Bayern.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
When's the last time 2 coaches were sacked this early in the season?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Hasn't happened in the Bundesliga before. Not sure Schalke should be counted in these kind of stats though, the coach position there is such a Schleudersitz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FC_Schalke_04_managers is a good laugh.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

ESPN+ isn't bad overall when there are sports to watch (and time to watch them). If you follow American college sports you can watch a lot of weird stuff.

Is Augsburg supposed to be much better this season or did Dortmund just fall flat this past week?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Probably just an off week for both Dortmund and Bayern but you never know. The tight schedule especially for teams in multiple competitions may have a big impact this season.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
So Schalke is going down then?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
That would be funny. There's a whole bunch of other crappy teams though. Feels like any of Bremen, Köln, Bielefeld, Stuttgart, Schalke, Mainz, Augsburg, Hertha, Union could be involved in relegation this year. Maybe Freiburg even?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
loving glad we won the game but holy poo poo that goal from Lazaro....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dMOoVPVSjY

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bortmund melting down against *checks notes* Stuttgart

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
man this union season

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
They're pretty good, happy for them. What I'm really enjoying though is watching Schalke go down.

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?

saltyslug posted:

man this union season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is cool and good

https://twitter.com/RaeComm/status/1340633968421552128?s=19

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Schalke finally won a game. lol Hoffenheim

Tasmania Berlin still flies alone

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
It was loving close to the record though. I'm still certain Schalke are going down.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

lol Bayern

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Incredible stuff

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Really nice stuff, didn't expect my team to make it to penalties with this form.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesells...n-17152809.html
https://www.kicker.de/corona-verstoss-gladbach-streicht-embolo-aus-dem-kader-794948/artikel

:thunk:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Been thinking that my boy Erling might be found out for a fraud after his injury but he seems fine so far

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

General Probe posted:

It was loving close to the record though. I'm still certain Schalke are going down.
Yeah. Most likely my team Mainz as well :smith:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Yeah what happened there, you guys were consistent middle of the pack for a long time?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

General Probe posted:

Yeah what happened there, you guys were consistent middle of the pack for a long time?
Yeah I was really happy with where they've been the past 5 or so years. Instability I suppose is the reason. Since Week 1 of this season they've gone through 4 head coaches. I'll catch a game every other week or so and it's just dire play with no plan at all.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol my boys Mainz beating Leipzig. The winning goal is beautiful https://streamye.com/vyn2i

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Great game from Mainz, but if things continue this way Bayern is gonna end the season with over 50 Gegentore and STILL become Meister because the other 'top teams' are just too stupid to take advantage.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Great stuff Leverkusen :bravo:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Frimpong played in the Leverkusen game. We continue to bring chaos to any club who touches us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Dortmund was so drat lucky with that "he might have touched the ball which would totally make it a new play" bullshit decision.
I really wish they'd fix the offside rule to "he was closer to the goal than any defender when the ball was played" and end all these discussions.