Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

GoGoGadget posted:

Does he just prewrite these things, or what?

I haven’t bought one, but my understanding is they’re short, often something like 20-40 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Was there more context for this?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My local state Rep who is pretty inactive on twitter has brain worms now. His entire campaign was basically just rah rah family values I am a US Marine, Jesus, no abortions, welfare bad.

https://twitter.com/JustinPriceRI/status/1347980181374427138?s=20

The ratio is excellent but if anyone could reshare or draw more outside attention to this rear end in a top hat that would be rad.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What happens if the whole Senate gets wasted? Is there any kind of contingency for something as hosed as that?

There's a Netflix show called Designated Survivor that sort of covers this scenario (bombing at the SOTU, only one cabinet member, a Republican senator and a democrat congressman survive). I only got about half way through S1 but it was pretty good up to that point, with the Republican senator being a horrible ratfuck, the Governor of Michigan being a seditious CHUD and people in power in general being total dicks and making reconstruction harder than it needed to be.

Also Keifer Sutherland.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That Works posted:

My local state Rep who is pretty inactive on twitter has brain worms now. His entire campaign was basically just rah rah family values I am a US Marine, Jesus, no abortions, welfare bad.

https://twitter.com/JustinPriceRI/status/1347980181374427138?s=20

The ratio is excellent but if anyone could reshare or draw more outside attention to this rear end in a top hat that would be rad.

https://twitter.com/RIWry77/status/1348054971829391361?s=20

The resemblance to #15 on the list of people the FBI/DC Police is actively looking for is a bit uncanny. You can't see his face thanks to the mask but his loving eyebrows are the same. If someone who knew him could confirm he has that jacket he might become a person of interest to them.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 10, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

orange juche posted:

https://twitter.com/RIWry77/status/1348054971829391361?s=20

The resemblance to #15 on the list of people the FBI/DC Police is actively looking for is a bit uncanny. You can't see his face thanks to the mask but his loving eyebrows are the same. If someone who knew him could confirm he has that jacket he might become a person of interest to them.

Oh my god I want this to be real.

He just won reelection here. His opponent was one of the few people I've donated to politically. Younger woman, good platform, came to my house to visit out front and chat for a few. Sad that didn't work out but our little slice of the state went harder Red than ever before.

E: yeah so he was there.

https://twitter.com/JustinPriceRI/status/1347991024166195207?s=20

That Works fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 10, 2021

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Oh God, if Price got booted from office over this that would be loving amazing. If he got charged, it'd be even better.

I completely forgot about that shithead once I moved out of state but started seeing his name pop up this week in relation to this poo poo hasn't been surprising all things considered.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh God, if Price got booted from office over this that would be loving amazing. If he got charged, it'd be even better.

I completely forgot about that shithead once I moved out of state but started seeing his name pop up this week in relation to this poo poo hasn't been surprising all things considered.

Right?

Sadly since I've moved here he's only gotten more entrenched. Langevin is about as centrist a dem can get outside of Manchin and he won by a narrow margin down here. Lower RI is uncomfortably red.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Don Dongington posted:

There's a Netflix show called Designated Survivor that sort of covers this scenario (bombing at the SOTU, only one cabinet member, a Republican senator and a democrat congressman survive). I only got about half way through S1 but it was pretty good up to that point, with the Republican senator being a horrible ratfuck, the Governor of Michigan being a seditious CHUD and people in power in general being total dicks and making reconstruction harder than it needed to be.

Also Keifer Sutherland.

That show started with a good premise, and then by like season 2-3 turned into a crappier version of the West Wing because you can only stretch rebuilding the government for so long.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So that's the fascist talking point that Fox and the rest are pumping out huh? Our brave patriots stormed the capitol to stop the steal and save the country from tyranny but it was actually antifa that stormed the capitol and did all the bad things that people are pissed off about. loving fascist doublespeak.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That Works posted:

Right?

Sadly since I've moved here he's only gotten more entrenched. Langevin is about as centrist a dem can get outside of Manchin and he won by a narrow margin down here. Lower RI is uncomfortably red.

Yeah a thing I did not truly realize until I left the state is how red it really is despite consistently going blue in presidential elections and such. I grew up in se mass and the northern part of RI and it's just as dumb up there. It's gotten better in a lot of respects but you still get stupid poo poo like North Smithfield enacting a Nike ban a few years ago over BLM and Kapernick. The ban got quickly repealed and the dude that floated it lost his seat on the town council (only to be reelected last fall...)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bird food bathtub posted:

So that's the fascist talking point that Fox and the rest are pumping out huh? Our brave patriots stormed the capitol to stop the steal and save the country from tyranny but it was actually antifa that stormed the capitol and did all the bad things that people are pissed off about. loving fascist doublespeak.

Same as it ever was. It really needs to be mentioned more on the news outlets but lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Gaetz was running the "it was Antifa" line by like 7pm on the 6th.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It’s weird how the GOP screams personal responsibility and paying for consequences until they hit the ultimate breaking point and demand outside assistance so they can, uh, not lose a few percent of their twitter follower bots.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Yep. Regulating private enterprise is basically communism, right up to the point where one of them does something the slightest bit inconvenient for someone on THEIR team - then they're screaming for the admin or the rest of congress to rush through new laws without even the slightest consideration for the consequences.

Yet if someone wants to impose safety regulations on industry, limit gun sales to people who probably shouldn't have one, or do anything to combat climate change, they're all like WOAH NOW, SETTLE DOWN THERE JO STALIN!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah a thing I did not truly realize until I left the state is how red it really is despite consistently going blue in presidential elections and such. I grew up in se mass and the northern part of RI and it's just as dumb up there. It's gotten better in a lot of respects but you still get stupid poo poo like North Smithfield enacting a Nike ban a few years ago over BLM and Kapernick. The ban got quickly repealed and the dude that floated it lost his seat on the town council (only to be reelected last fall...)
Every state is uncomfortably red once you get 50 miles from the city center.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saoshyant posted:

Dang, Conan's with us too

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1348249481284874240

Ain't nobody messing with a man carrying a sword

...and making analogies that democracy is like a tempered sword's steel.

Glad Arnie's one of the cool dudes.

I love Arnold so much. I literally had tears in my eyes watching it.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

That Works posted:

Gaetz was running the "it was Antifa" line by like 7pm on the 6th.

Either that night or the next morning I ran into someone yelling about it being antifa in the instagram comments of an olympic weightlifting club for high school kids that I follow. loving can't enjoy anything online anymore.

brains
May 12, 2004

That Works posted:

Was there more context for this?

flight full of rioters going back from DC to phoenix were loving around and chanting, yelling, standing in aisles etc. captain said sit the gently caress down and shut up or we are landing right now. everyone immediately shut up and they continued the next 4.5 hrs to phoenix without incident. the airline then backed him 100%.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oh he was going to land first. We'll never get anywhere with these half measures

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

brains posted:

flight full of rioters going back from DC to phoenix were loving around and chanting, yelling, standing in aisles etc. captain said sit the gently caress down and shut up or we are landing right now. everyone immediately shut up and they continued the next 4.5 hrs to phoenix without incident. the airline then backed him 100%.

I know he was probably talking about KC Int'l but I like to imagine him landing in a cornfield 100 miles outside Topeka and just growling *GET OUT*

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I know he was probably talking about KC Int'l but I like to imagine him landing in a cornfield 100 miles outside Topeka and just growling *GET OUT*

“Get off my plane.”

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I love Arnold so much. I literally had tears in my eyes watching it.

He’s a good speaker. Imperfect man who keeps on trying to move forward.

brains
May 12, 2004

Terrifying Effigies posted:

if an airline captain lands a plane for the specific purpose of removing you, the only place you go is into handcuffs.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

He’s a good speaker. Imperfect man who keeps on trying to move forward.

Very much, he’s in many ways the greatest representation of America and an American immigrant as an ideal. I actually think I even love him now more than I did as a kid, because of all the civic and public service work he does. I dare say it’s even better than Commando…Or at least on par.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bird food bathtub posted:

Imagine if this were an age where videocameras were not so prevalent.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Everyone needs to watch that Arnie video

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Everyone needs to watch that Arnie video

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/punchbowlnews/status/1348293482717343744?s=21

https://twitter.com/davidmwessel/status/1348288344766226432?s=21

https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1348288603600912386?s=21

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Official announcement just says "off-duty death", but here it is either way.

https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press-releases/duty-death-uscp-officer-howard-liebengood

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Platystemon posted:

Imagine if this were an age where videocameras were not so prevalent.

If there weren't abundant self-taken video evidence, this could literally be a Reichstag fire replay.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Instead its a Beer Hall Putsch. Enjoy your last few years in Weimar.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LingcodKilla posted:

The south certainly thought so after 1860’s.

The military didn't decide governments there, they just reminded the south that they were subject to Washington. :colbert:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wonder which video has him letting in the terrorists

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Beer Gut Pustch

Big Fall Pustch

Tased Balls Pustch

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Wonder which video has him letting in the terrorists

Yeah, I was wondering that. The USCP response reminded me of a quote from Voltaire's Candide:
"Our men defended themselves like true pope's soldiers; they flung themselves upon their knees, laid down their weapons, and begged the corsair to give them absolution in articulo mortis."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

Beer Gut Pustch

Big Fall Pustch

Tased Balls Pustch

Seconds away from invading the Senate and taking legislators hostage so maybe we shouldn't minimize it at this point putsch.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
True but also always make fun of dead Nazis.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

The military didn't decide governments there, they just reminded the south that they were subject to Washington. :colbert:

And when the military left a bunch of white conservatives violently overthrew the state and local governments and took control. The 6th was just a lovely re-enactment of the end of reconstruction to these folks, confederate flags and all, though they didn't use cannons to shell the government (yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Wasabi the J posted:

True but also always make fun of dead Nazis.

So laugh while punching, got it.