Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Big Jeff

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Imagine punting on 4th down.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That was a tremendously cowardly decision to punt the ball.

And it's going to cost the Titans the game.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
honestly if the texans trade watson and watt i'll have literally no reason to watch them other than historically "being a fan of the nfl team located in houston" and I can drop that fairly easily now

so dooo it Cal

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'd probably stop being a Texans fan until Cal sells the team, yeah.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Are the McNairs now officially worse or more hated than Bud Adams? I know a bunch of Texans fans here had a deep anger toward Adams for years...

EDIT:

Also:

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1348367108359524355

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tannehill is not a good qb

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Metapod posted:

Vrabel will win yet another playoff game tomorrow

oops

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
RAVENS

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Welp till next year. Can we keep our OC and get a good DC and do things? Tune in.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

fartknocker posted:

Are the McNairs now officially worse or more hated than Bud Adams? I know a bunch of Texans fans here had a deep anger toward Adams for years...

I don't think the general population of Texans/Houston fans will ever hate anyone as much as Bud Adams presuming whoever owns the Texans keeps them here

Bud Adams was arguably a better owner while he did have the team in town though, depending on your stance on the Oilers' two AFL titles

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
okay cool i don't have to watch any more football this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

tangy yet delightful posted:

Welp till next year. Can we keep our OC and get a good DC and do things? Tune in.

No and Maybe

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I still pledge loyalty to King Henry.

Sad week for the AFC South though. Colts and Tits get bounced out the playoffs, Texans pissed off their QB, and the Jags are still the Jags.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

with old AFC central heat returning i think i should start posting here hello

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Wine posted:

I do not believe Eason is the Golden God that Colts fans think. The level of delusion in the fanbase of that kid is very high.

Do Colts fans think that? Man I haven't heard anyone I know say a single good thing about him. To be fair, that's a very small sample of the fanbase.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
no go away your team is too good to post here and your franchise QB doesnt hate your owner

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Aww poor little TItans. Maybe one day you'll get a Superbowl. So sad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

with old AFC central heat returning i think i should start posting here hello

Ah welcome you can see which Houston fan cries more

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Tannehill can't throw

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kawalimus posted:

God drat, loving owned by Kawalimus. How low can we sink?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Oberst posted:

Tannehill can't throw

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Jivesauce posted:

Do Colts fans think that? Man I haven't heard anyone I know say a single good thing about him. To be fair, that's a very small sample of the fanbase.

I see it on twitter a lot. I don't know how much of a sample that is, but anytime I see Rivers chatter there are a lot of people who roll in with "our furture is BRIGHT under Eason"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

All nastiness aside I wonder who will finally win a home playoff game in this series. Cause neither team wants to!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Eason's numbers at Washington were admittedly pretty good but one season sample and all that

He represents the wrapped present under the tree vs. known quantity old-rear end Rivers. He could be another Peyton Manning! He could be another Jimmy Clausen! He could be some boring nothing in between those extremes! Let's find out!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
So that punt huh

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
His numbers were fine, but not significantly better (other than td/int ratio I guess) than say the dude he replaced at Washington, Jake Browning, who didn't get drafted and is struggling to stay on a practice squad, so I struggle to understand why people would be hyped about Eason beyond the fact that he is tall. I guess you have to try him out at some point to see what you've got, but I'm not expecting much. I would love to be wrong though!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

vrabel is a coward

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kawalimus posted:

i bought you an avatar once bitch i can do it again

Having said that, much rather lose to Lamar than to someone lame like Ben Rothlisberger. Lamar is cool.

Also, we got a Super Bowl, we just didn't get the win, you're not even trolling right, Kawalimus!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

DJ Chark doo doo doo doo doo doo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Having said that, much rather lose to Lamar than to someone lame like Ben Rothlisberger. Lamar is cool.

Also, we got a Super Bowl, we just didn't get the win, you're not even trolling right, Kawalimus!

I wasn't after you I was after the guy who posted in the AFCN thread all the time. And in good spirit. It's all good, I appreciate your team and the great rivalry there still is between our two teams even after not being in the same division for almost two decades.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Jivesauce posted:

His numbers were fine, but not significantly better (other than td/int ratio I guess) than say the dude he replaced at Washington, Jake Browning, who didn't get drafted and is struggling to stay on a practice squad, so I struggle to understand why people would be hyped about Eason beyond the fact that he is tall. I guess you have to try him out at some point to see what you've got, but I'm not expecting much. I would love to be wrong though!

I just did a twitter search and "Untapped Potential" and "Eason to backup XXX next season!" is a lot of Eason results.

Where XXX is Dak, or Rivers, or Stafford, or Wentz.

I think Colts fans have a certain feeling about all QBs they draft.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Probably Magic posted:

getting a superbowl means winning it

getting to a superbowl is a different thing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I wasn't after you I was after the guy who posted in the AFCN thread. It's all good, I appreciate your team and the great rivalry there still is between our two teams even after not being in the same division for almost two decades.

I'm not actually mad, I kinda expected this, though I'm surprised at how low the score ended up being. Didn't get to watch the game other than some of the plays leading to that first Titans FG that put them up 10-0, but I'm just going to say, "Let's draft some D and hire an actual D-coordinator" and move on with life.

a neat cape posted:

getting a superbowl means winning it

getting to a superbowl is a different thing

Wouldn't that just be "getting a championship?" I dunno, doesn't matter.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

This just in: I'm Glad The Titans Lost

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I'm not actually mad, I kinda expected this, though I'm surprised at how low the score ended up being. Didn't get to watch the game other than some of the plays leading to that first Titans FG that put them up 10-0, but I'm just going to say, "Let's draft some D and hire an actual D-coordinator" and move on with life.

I agree with the low score. I thought this was going to be like your Texans game last week. I actually thought Tennessee did a great job against our running game and shut down Dobbins. I kind of figured the Ravens would win just handing it off to him and Edwards and letting them do the work. They really blew up a lot of designed Jackson runs also. It just shows you how effective what Lamar Jackson does really is.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I will be very happy for Puppy Bowl and Kawalimus when Lamar wins the Superb Owl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I will be very happy for Puppy Bowl and Kawalimus when Lamar wins the Superb Owl.

Whether he ends up winning it eventually or not he's my guy and I love watching him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope the chiefs destroy the ravens soul