Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I play the game to do some real funny poo poo with what I can shove cards together to do. this is sometimes stuff that's genuinely powerful (like when I shoved together an emry paradox engine historic brawl deck and didn't lose a game in the next 20 matches) but sometimes instead I just spend a few dozen games trying to get bishop of wings + woe shepherd + divine visitation work. you know, the sort of person who looks at that and goes "scute swarm and persistent petitioners huh." shove a bunch of non-clerics into a cleric synergy deck. make cast-off a one-sided boardwipe

I did add this to the post right before you responded though

flatluigi posted:

edit: i have had it pointed out that this makes every creature in your deck count as all four party types so maybe this will see some play for that reason alone in standard

this means that you can run that artifact and have any four creatures on your board make a full party, which can turn on a good chunk of effects that were priced around that being a difficult idea + that at least is probably going to have an impact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

BioThermo posted:

clai'm the firstborn is back baby, it's good again! awouu (wolf howl)

https://twitter.com/Jabsmtg/status/1348310340837265415

I am honestly surprised this isn't a Legendary. It is QB levels of shoving keywords on a thing.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

This one seems like a big deal to me. It feels more like a Blossoming Defense than a Ranger's Guile.

There are a lot of creature-based counter triggers, can't imagine this doesn't find a home somewhere.

The art for that changeling mask tree is just great.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The Party synergy is interesting, I didn't think of that. The chance that it sees constructed play at some point goes way up with that.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The abilities on the card are powerful, but something with 3 toughness that has to untap and attack before getting any value seems like a tough sell. Hopefully I’m wrong!

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

fadam posted:

Lol this is cool

Gunna make a (maybe Esper?) party deck

Edit: beaten

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 10, 2021

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

fadam posted:

The abilities on the card are powerful, but something with 3 toughness that has to untap and attack before getting any value seems like a tough sell. Hopefully I’m wrong!

tired: "Dies to Doomblade"

wired: anything without haste, indestructible and a wild ETB (at LEAST) is draft chaff

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Shrecknet posted:

tired: "Dies to Doomblade"

wired: anything without haste and a wild ETB is draft chaff

Idk if you’re being sarcastic or not, but yea kind of. Most of the creatures playable in Standard right now have some combination of:

A)low cmc
B)good ETB/instant utility
C)big fat rear end
D)haste

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
seriously this card's hilarious

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

finally, the answer to oko

edit: I meant the angel obviously

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flatluigi posted:

seriously this card's hilarious

Hell yeah lets do it

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i think we could become good friends, big snow mutavault.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I like this.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

Look at his right hand. Throwing up the horns to block the hammer, nice

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Hmm wonder of that kaya card means elesh norn will show up

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

I know it's a 4 mana do nothing but I feel like leyline of the void that stops death triggers stapled to a 4/4 must at least be sideboard worthy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Rip Vorinclex

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Thread meta question: do y'all like dumps like that in one post or would you prefer I split each card into its own?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Thread meta question: do y'all like dumps like that in one post or would you prefer I split each card into its own?
Breaking them up into multiple posts is a waste, just put them all in one post if you have multiples to post.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

1 post is fine, people can crop out the ones they want to discuss

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That Mutavault is quite a good clock for effectively costing one more than the original did to swing.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

how does it effectively cost 1 more

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

Vigilance, Mutavault requires tapping two lands to attack. It's a bit more than that on average, but it's less than 2 more.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Procrastinator posted:

I think he's saying it because it has Vigilance, so you can attack then tap it for mana.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's less mutavault and now birthing boughs with the costs reversed

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

HootTheOwl posted:

It's less mutavault and now birthing boughs with the costs reversed

what the gently caress

i feel like i'm getting got

Defeatist Elitist fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 10, 2021

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What about Boros TTK Combo for Commander?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9P7Xg7sTM4&hd=1

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Defeatist Elitist posted:

what the gently caress

i feel like i'm getting got

I'm never shocked at anybody being posts behind in this thread tbh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Annul seems pretty situational but annoying

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Annul seems pretty situational but annoying

Annul has been printed four times in, respectively, the enchantments matter set, artifacts matter set, enchantments matter set and now the "vehicles, equipment, snow, MDFC gods and tribal" matter set, and every time it is utterly underwhelming but you will get absolutely crushed by someone actually daring to run it maindeck 1/year.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 10, 2021

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Honestly every single deck has targets for it (Anax, Cleave, Henge, Mazemind Tome), I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up in bo1 at some point. The fact that you can tag a Tome even on the draw is definitely something.

But it's mostly a safety valve card that starts appearing in sideboards if there's a top-tier deck that runs a lot of targets.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Shrecknet posted:

Annul has been printed four times in, respectively, the enchantments matter set, artifacts matter set, enchantments matter set and now the "vehicles, equipment, snow, MDFC gods and tribal" matter set, and every time it is utterly underwhelming but you will get absolutely crushed by someone actually daring to run it maindeck 1/year.

There's a very special kind of frustration that only comes from losing to a bad card that you know nobody should play.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
is there an annul that cantrips i feel like there is but i can't think of it

edit: there is not. halt order is as close as we got and its costed wrong for the effect!

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/F2K_Ashlizzlle/status/1348407233592381446

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

imweasel09 posted:

I know it's a 4 mana do nothing but I feel like leyline of the void that stops death triggers stapled to a 4/4 must at least be sideboard worthy.

Leyline of the Void comes down for free, no one pays 4 for it hahahaha

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

RIP https://scryfall.com/card/mh1/221/birthing-boughs

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Leyline of the Void comes down for free, no one pays 4 for it hahahaha

that classic t4 play we all know and love, leyline and pass

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fadam posted:

Rip Vorinclex

Oh i thought it was one of the white phyexians, that head crest is not very well lit

mandatory lesbian fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 11, 2021

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

this was a card on THE LIST

what the gently caress