Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Arnold wanted nationwide high speed rail didn’t he? That would have been nice at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, I wasn't heralding Arnold as a great leader, I was contrasting him to Trump as Entertainer turned Politician and what we could expect as a difference between the two. Arnold is much more grounded and has demonstrated empathy and compassion before, as well as being a positive motivator (he regularly posts on reddit bodybuilding forums giving advice and encouragement). He is also not anti-immigrant or (overtly) racist. I know this hurdle is miniscule, but the modern GOP as a whole can't even clear it. He could easily be a Biden-esque democrat in terms of policy, which is more damning of the DNC than it is of Arnold.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Without substantially changing his policies, I don’t think Arnold could’ve won a nationwide Republican primary at any point post-2000.

Of course, maybe he does in a universe where he’s eligible to run.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1348380940486246400?s=19

Whoooooops

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
we also reopened the Poker/gambling forum if anyone posted there: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=139

(I let Cyrano push the open button, so it may not actually be open for users yet)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/RayRedacted/status/1348388601118273537?s=19

Straight into my veins

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

:allears:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

lol well, well, well

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:bisonyes:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Me, reaping:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I love that his first reaction is to cry.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hopefully that's only people who actually broke in. Folks being put on the terrorists list for attending a protest is a really bad thing. It's something that I've heard of happening to leftists and war protesters so at least it'd be more deserved here. Still hosed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Haha, that's great.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hopefully that's only people who actually broke in. Folks being put on the terrorists list for attending a protest is a really bad thing. It's something that I've heard of happening to leftists and war protesters so at least it'd be more deserved here. Still hosed.

FBI has only been asking for people who broke in, but I mean, it IS the FBI...

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

I love that his first reaction is to cry.

They think they'd win a civil war lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"Sir, please calm down. I was kicked off of Delta earlier..." :xd:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean the protests from Trump's inauguration saw 150 people get kettled then all charged with felonies because a window was broken (almost certainly by the cops).

The protests over this summer have seen thousands of people catch felony charges for being in the way of cops' batons.

Nothing that happens to Y'allqaeda has any bearing with what happens to leftists at protests.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Naw, turn the loving machine against those who created and enabled it. gently caress em. The only way to get any semblence of correction on this issue is to make those in power the victims of their own machine. Its only a small chance to get them to reconsider their stance, but its the only one that has the ability to do so.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

D-LINK posted:

They think they'd win a civil war lol

they had a minor skirmish with 3 self-inflicted deaths lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Spoeank posted:

they had a minor skirmish with 3 self-inflicted deaths lol

lmfao for every militia trained nazi, there's 500 dudes who post pictures of themselves with dual m249s who taze their balls to death in the face of light resistance

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The revolution will lose their sky pass.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Man those people just don't get it, do they?

More Three Houses chat: after playing Blue Lions and being like "yeah we gotta get the villain, they're super hosed up," I am now wondering why I should play the church route when the game itself seems to be taking the position that (Big Spoiler) Edelgard did nothing wrong, holy poo poo that poor girl.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Me, reaping:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1348391756061155332?s=20

Brock is a retired Lt. Colonel in the Air Force who went to the Air Force academy. Hopefully they call him up and loving court martial him

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife’s step dad is still in the hospital with covid

but he feels well enough to get on Facebook to argue with my sister in law about how actually twitter banning people is a violation of the first amendment

it’s really hard not to write some people off as hopeless

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s nice to see the fascists get the bad end of the police state for a change.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Samadhi posted:

Brock is a retired Lt. Colonel in the Air Force who went to the Air Force academy. Hopefully they call him up and loving court martial him

Saw this earlier and thought it was interesting. I don't think it's really relevant to this idiot or anything, just all the history of worry about the Air Force specifically.

https://twitter.com/PMatzko/status/1348274226139181058

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/SteeloCity/status/1348409728813178887

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

gently caress da Cubs

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ehud posted:

My wife’s step dad is still in the hospital with covid

but he feels well enough to get on Facebook to argue with my sister in law about how actually twitter banning people is a violation of the first amendment

it’s really hard not to write some people off as hopeless

SB is ready to write my dad off. My dad was trying to argue with me and say antifa was to blame at the Capitol and he said, no poo poo, that Fox News was more left than right. Some people just can't be saved.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Braksgirl posted:

SB is ready to write my dad off. My dad was trying to argue with me and say antifa was to blame at the Capitol and he said, no poo poo, that Fox News was more left than right. Some people just can't be saved.

:stare:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

imagine getting shot to pretend to protest an election you won is more likely then the people who were told to go do violence at a speech an hour earlier marched over and did violence.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

homestar noooooo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Athanatos posted:

we also reopened the Poker/gambling forum if anyone posted there: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=139

(I let Cyrano push the open button, so it may not actually be open for users yet)

Signal boosting this

PITR is back, congrats mad lads

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Wow, erasure of Smythe's ban.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

homestar noooooo

RIP homestar, RIP flash

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1348415908788764673?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Started watching Flight Attendant on HBO MAX today. My gf is a FA and made me start watching. I thought it was going to be some goofy bullshit because it has the girl from Big Bang Theory but it’s not. It’s a pretty engaging murder mystery.

Only three eps in but it’s really good

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

I mean, that's kind of him, helping out the system coach who can't be carried by his QB anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SteveBellovin/status/1348422158742126596

I like it.