Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

CJ posted:

I just watched Tectone's Ganyu banner video where he said it's not good for F2P because 2 of the characters are given for free. How are other F2P players' 4* rosters looking? I would assume that most people have nearly all the 4* characters by now given that they've all been on banners. I just need Xingqiu and i'll have them all. It seems like a weird reason not to pull unless you just started playing, in which case you could probably make good use of Xingling and Noelle constellations. Also Xingqiu has the book passive which is really useful if you're F2P because it improves resin efficiency.

If you want a character on the banner you should roll for it, just don't expect to actually get that character since it's all down to luck. You might end up regretting it, but it's better to regret something than to let the possibility of regret dictate your actions.

BlackPersona posted:

Though, while we're on the subject of that banner, I've seen a few people in here say that Noelle is pretty good, but I kind of left her behind early on in favor of some other characters. As someone whose hardly played her, what makes her good?

Noelle is really good at C6 or if you have an R3 or higher Fav Greatsword, below that she's a decent but not amazing. With either C6 or R3 FavGS she can get 80%-100% up time on her ult, allowing her to deal very good AoE damage while being extremely tanky. One note, unless you have C6 don't bother building defense up much, it's only with C6 that the defense scaling on her ult really gets good. Otherwise just build her like other DPS characters, atk, crit, critdmg and geo damage too if you can maintain good up time on the ult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People downplaying XQ like he's a waste and not the best support outside of Bennett. He's absolutely worth rolling for.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Noelle's cons seem kinda like the booby prize on that banner, but saying it's completely worth avoiding when XQ is there does seem questionable. granted i have no idea how he functions without a Sac sword so that could be a pretty big caveat

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Without a sac sword he provides far less damage on his own. He's still worth it for pyro/freeze comps. It's more a question of whether or not you'd be happy getting XL and Noelle cons while fishing, with a chance at breaking pity on Ganyu.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

dogsicle posted:

Noelle's cons seem kinda like the booby prize on that banner, but saying it's completely worth avoiding when XQ is there does seem questionable. granted i have no idea how he functions without a Sac sword so that could be a pretty big caveat

The Sac sword just pushes him from a 10 to an 11, but he's still an incredibly good Water aura that doesn't apply wet to yourself outside of the initial start up. And his burst outdamages a lot of actual DPS bursts when built right, and it homes on the target even from range.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

People downplaying XQ like he's a waste and not the best support outside of Bennett. He's absolutely worth rolling for.

I would absolutely roll for Xingqiu, he's incredible.

I wish I could; I'm right at my pity for a 5* and probably won't roll beyond that since my Xiangling and Noelle are already C6 (strangely, almost all of my Noelles were not from banners but from Wanderlust). It's not worth trying to constellation up my C1 XQ in that nasty minefield.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tae posted:

Are we not counting Venti as a support anymore because he does about as much damage as any carry in the process because I'm completely on board with just leaving Venti out of this.

Also yes roll on Book Boy he's good.

dogsicle posted:

If you have sufficiently high Energy Recharge -- like 220% or so -- and a team which generates a lot of particles -- like Bennett and any other Pyro, or any two Electro characters -- he should be fine. I sometimes forget or don't bother to double-tap E with my degenerate whale R5 Sac Sword and still end up looping now and then. Favonius Sword and a 5* ER Sands should see him sorted pretty well, I think. Sac Sword with C4 does allow him to contribute a ton of damage while generating an absurd number of Hydro particles very quickly after using his Burst though, since that constellation massively amps the damage of his Skill while the Burst is active and you can do it twice in a row. I've got him in pretty scuffed +16 gear at 60/70 and he can do 12k Vaporizes with his E if there's some lingering Pyro from Diluc/Bennett.

This is without C6 (mine's C4), which I think would massively reduce his dependence on Sac Sword and ER in general. If you manage to push XQ to C6 then he gets both more damage and more energy and that's going to just be huge in general.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

CJ posted:

I just watched Tectone's Ganyu banner video where he said it's not good for F2P because 2 of the characters are given for free. How are other F2P players' 4* rosters looking? I would assume that most people have nearly all the 4* characters by now given that they've all been on banners. I just need Xingqiu and i'll have them all. It seems like a weird reason not to pull unless you just started playing, in which case you could probably make good use of Xingling and Noelle constellations. Also Xingqiu has the book passive which is really useful if you're F2P because it improves resin efficiency.

Tectone did a who wants to be a millionair genshin thing and he had no idea what the prototype aminus/prototype archaic was. I think he's actually very entertaining and amusing on occasion, but he's a bit out of touch with the common Genshin player.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
noticed I was close to pity on the Wanderlust Banner, so I blew a few primos. Rolled a Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds.

Lisa is my only book user, and I have a zillion electro characters. Feels bad man.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So what is XQ’s c6 anyways? Is it every third wave of burst or is it the third of the three that happen all at once?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love how they can make the fighters seem like dancing~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yZTVFSzJC8

(Also the music slaps again!)

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is XQ still good with favonius sword? I don't have sacrificial sword, and the both have energy recharge soo...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tsyni posted:

Tectone did a who wants to be a millionair genshin thing and he had no idea what the prototype aminus/prototype archaic was. I think he's actually very entertaining and amusing on occasion, but he's a bit out of touch with the common Genshin player.

Tectone focuses more on entertainment over accuracy from what I've seen of him when he was into Arknights. Never got into him, he was really loud.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Is XQ still good with favonius sword? I don't have sacrificial sword, and the both have energy recharge soo...

I don't have sac sword and have favonius on my xq and he absolutely wrecks.

I would drop Bennett before I drop him from my main team, he is so drat good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I came across that co-op thing today, btw. I actually managed to do it solo while playing on my phone, somehow.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

This game has cool choreography with character attacks.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 11, 2021

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Tectone focuses more on entertainment over accuracy from what I've seen of him when he was into Arknights. Never got into him, he was really loud.

He's loud and spends a million dollars on the game and goes, "WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE IDIOTS THINK ZHONGLI IS BAD. I HAVE HIM C6 AND HE ABSOLUTELY WRECKS. EVERYONE HAS poo poo OPINIONS BUT ME."

Say what you will about JinJinx, he at least orients his content towards the 98% of players who have to chose between rent and waifus.

I'll definitely try this banner because Kaeya is my only cryo character, I want XQ, and I want more constellations on my Noelle, (not really Xiangling but I wont cry if I get some.) Also goat waifu.

Get a banner because you want it, not because some whale gives you permission to.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

shut up and take my gems mihoyo

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Please don't think i was watching a Tectone video for pull advice. I was just curious if i was wrong in thinknig that most people have most of the 4* characters already. Given how lucky i have been with 5*s i wanted to make sure i wasn't an outlier with the 4*s as well and the average player wasn't missing half the the roster or something.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

shut up and take my gems mihoyo

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

CJ posted:

Please don't think i was watching a Tectone video for pull advice. I was just curious if i was wrong in thinknig that most people have most of the 4* characters already. Given how lucky i have been with 5*s i wanted to make sure i wasn't an outlier with the 4*s as well and the average player wasn't missing half the the roster or something.

I started a month late, have only done the most tiny baby whaling (welkin + bp + $60 in gems) and I'm only missing Beidou. It wouldn't be too much to assume an absolute F2P player starting from the beginning would be in a similar place, even someone who started 2 months late would only be missing the characters from the first two banners (2 of which have already been repeated and 3 are on the next banner).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yay, first 5* EM VV hat and with pretty good substats to boot (though watch the fourth be raw HP and get all the upgrades).

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

kater posted:

So what is XQ’s c6 anyways? Is it every third wave of burst or is it the third of the three that happen all at once?
His Q shoots off swords in a 2-3-repeat pattern. At C6, it instead shoots them in a 2-3-5-repeat pattern. He also regenerates 3 energy per wave of swords, IIRC.

So if you imagine getting off 10 sword shots in a single duration, without C6 you'd get 2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3, or 25 swords. At C6 it'd instead be 2-3-5-2-3-5-2-3-5-2, or 32 swords. Pretty significant improvement in his damage output. EDIT: His damage output is not low before C6, so C6 just pushes his Q into "Jesus Christ the total multiplier is how high?" territory.

DOUBLE EDIT: Kaeya's C6 is very similar in terms of how much it improves the damage output of an already powerful Burst. Neither should be slept on... but Kaeya doesn't show up on Intertwined Fate banners, so Xingqiu C6 is more achievable if your luck with all those free Fates from ascensions wasn't good. Lisa's C6 is also super broken for damage, though not for her Burst (it turns her Skill into a Burst-tier damage source on cooldown, basically, if used correctly).

Nakar fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 11, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ytlaya posted:

Yay, first 5* EM VV hat and with pretty good substats to boot (though watch the fourth be raw HP and get all the upgrades).

Bruh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm just not looking at it and telling myself if i spent last week's resin at VV i'd surely have something similar

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Nakar posted:

His Q shoots off swords in a 2-3-repeat pattern. At C6, it instead shoots them in a 2-3-5-repeat pattern. He also regenerates 3 energy per wave of swords, IIRC.

So if you imagine getting off 10 sword shots in a single duration, without C6 you'd get 2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3, or 25 swords. At C6 it'd instead be 2-3-5-2-3-5-2-3-5-2, or 32 swords. Pretty significant improvement in his damage output. EDIT: His damage output is not low before C6, so C6 just pushes his Q into "Jesus Christ the total multiplier is how high?" territory.

DOUBLE EDIT: Kaeya's C6 is very similar in terms of how much it improves the damage output of an already powerful Burst. Neither should be slept on... but Kaeya doesn't show up on Intertwined Fate banners, so Xingqiu C6 is more achievable if your luck with all those free Fates from ascensions wasn't good. Lisa's C6 is also super broken for damage, though not for her Burst (it turns her Skill into a Burst-tier damage source on cooldown, basically, if used correctly).

Yeah, at talent level 8 that example is 2,777% damage. Xingqiu's handbook (https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRYt7lwTgFgQImSR_4llvG9mhkC6C4_DvWTINgynGqse1ke4CiJLmb_JnG8IWMr5o6v4BWgxETlIzKA/pub) speculates about over 5000% damage at talent level 9. That's 17 hits, which is not very realistic though.

edit: I am wondering if that book is out of date, I don't think his ult can get to 18 seconds like it thinks, but either way, it's a lot of damage.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 11, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Nakar posted:

Are we not counting Venti as a support anymore because he does about as much damage as any carry in the process because I'm completely on board with just leaving Venti out of this.

Venti and Zhong Li, whenever they finish buffing him, will be the 6* characters that you'll want in every team but can't get.

CJ posted:

I was just curious if i was wrong in thinknig that most people have most of the 4* characters already.

If you started on Venti, you probably have them all. If you started on Klee you probably have most. Welkin/BP will speed up the process but even as 100% f2p you'll corner the 4* market in a this-won't-take-years amount of time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Glazius posted:

So. Geo artifact domain. Two cryo mages and a melt penalty, huh?

I'm thinking... VV Venti, Beidou, Noelle, Kaeya? Smash those shields down and keep the superconduct going when the cryo aura's down?

Thanks to the poster who recommended swapping Fischl for Venti (so the team is Noelle, Beidou, Kaeya, and Fischl), now the place is a breeze. The electro synergy did impressive things to Oz's overall uptime, too.

I actually got the beginnings of a decent Retracing Bolide set. ...does anybody at a decent level in this roster actually want that, or is it just distracting from, say, Archaic Petra for Ning?

Glazius fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 11, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ended up getting some pretty bad substat upgrades, but still plenty happy with it (4th stat was DEF%, got 2 buffs to raw ATK, 1 buff to DEF%, and 1 buff to CDMG%). I've been spending nearly all resin the last week or so on the VV dungeon (largely because it's probably the easiest of the artifact dungeons I've tried due to the physical buff - I want some Noblesse Oblige artifacts, but the highest rank dungeon for it is difficult enough that it's a pain). End result:

I don't get why raw ATK/DEF are even possibilities, since they seem to virtually always be objectively inferior to their % counterparts. I don't even know if it's practically possible to have low enough ATK at a higher level that raw ATK is better.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 11, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bad sub stat options are there to force you to farm more artifacts

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ytlaya posted:

I don't get why raw ATK/DEF are even possibilities, since they seem to virtually always be objectively inferior to their % counterparts. I don't even know if it's practically possible to have low enough ATK at a higher level that raw ATK is better.
Even Hu Tao, with her intentionally dumpstered Base ATK, will have so much Base ATK with any 4* weapon of consequence that flat ATK is not better than ATK%. Flat stats exist to be deliberate chaff and make artifacts worse.

Once the majority of players reach the point where they have nothing left to do but farm artifacts, I imagine Mihoyo will mysteriously implement systems to overhaul the substat RNG because they know people will get mad about it and quit if they have nothing left to do but farm for weeks yet get no actual improvements. We are not at that point yet for most people, so decide for yourself whether it's really worth trying to find ideal substats knowing they're stacking the deck against you on purpose.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I got a Diluc. My 4* weapon options are Prototype Archaic, Sacrificial Greatsword or Favonius Greatsword.

Which should I level? I plan on making Diluc my carry.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Helical Nightmares posted:

I got a Diluc. My 4* weapon options are Prototype Archaic, Sacrificial Greatsword or Favonius Greatsword.

Aminus for sure.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Pulling for Ganyu or any banner should be a choice of do I find this character appealing or not? F2P or whale status is irrelevant. Game is not about needing specific team setups to accomplish anything. Personally a charged shot bow user sounds fun and I want more frost characters, so I'll dump gems on the banner until I pull her.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I have no more moons. Put that resin pass in but just have it dump moons on me so I can use when bored and I’ll buy it.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
There's no way in hell I'm paying $5 a month for an extra 40 resin per day, but if it gave out fragile resins instead which I could save up and use when I felt like it I would probably consider it, if nothing else.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the only way to get fragile resin outside AR/quest rewards is the BP upgrade that costs $10-12 for 5 and a namecard, and the weekly item packs. the $5 for 1200 resin pass is a screaming deal compared to buying fragiles, but still a bad deal compared to spending 50 primos/day on 60 resin with the welkin pass.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Helical Nightmares posted:

Seconding the Prototype Archaic (aka Aminus, all the prototype weapons got renamed a few patches ago...)
It's one of the best 4* greatswords for Diluc just because of the strong ATK substat.
Sacrifical can also be a decent option if it's high refinement because of the amount of extra damage you get from the cd reset, but at R1 it'll be worse than Archaic.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
sn

BlackPersona posted:

I only started playing about a month ago or so, still FTP, and the only 4* characters I'm missing are Beidou and Xingqiu. I kind of want another Hydro character that isn't Barbara, so Ganyu's banner is looking pretty good in my books, all things told.

Though, while we're on the subject of that banner, I've seen a few people in here say that Noelle is pretty good, but I kind of left her behind early on in favor of some other characters. As someone whose hardly played her, what makes her good?

There's only one thing Noelle does well, which is tanking, but besides elemental reactions and crowd control, she does everything.
Smash geo shields/constructs/mining? Big sword.
Stagger? Big sword.
Go past wooden shields? The big sword seems to smash away small wooden shields easily enough, the big ones are more trouble but sometimes she can hit around it.
AOE? Her swings are pretty wide, and her ult hits a HUGE radius.
Burst damage? Her Ult does good damage and hits a huge radius.
DPS? She's not great, but not really needing to dodge helps with that some, and she's not horrible because, again, big sword.
Healing? Hers is a bit RNG and requires her to be on the field, but she heals pretty well, especially since not a lot of characters heal, and she brings all that other utility.
Shield generation? I think she might have the strongest shield in the game.
Tanking? Noelle is loving invincible. I have had her stand right in Dvalin's wind breath with her shield up hacking away, and he flinched first.

Noelle isn't the best at much, but man does she tick a lot of boxes at once.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
A well-geared Noelle (especially c6) with her burst active does a lot of consistent damage, in a real big aoe that can easily hit many enemies at once.
It has a 15s duration and 15s cooldown so it is possible to use her as a main dps and keep it active all the time, buuut Noelle is useless at generating energy so you need to make a specific "Noelle Battery" team that's designed to generate loads of energy for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Today's coop treasure event was something else... Kill 2 hydro abyss mages + 1 cryo abyss mage in 30 seconds, all level 90. It took me 5 tries but the time I did it I had 11 seconds to spare.

If they really want us to coop this they should give us a way to find people looking for it.