Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Dwesa posted:

I am sure that successor is hatching among these... and scams will flourish anew.
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1347647815464443904

https://trello.com/b/CbYTBXEC/worlds-in-motion

What does it feel like to wield such power, I wonder?

He can add any game to this Trello board and it might immediately spell doom for all companies involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Kenji Jenkins posted:

k.

(your on your own for the title text and gang tags)

What the hell .... :aaaaa:

Thank you, you master of magic!

If it was you who gave it to me, in the first place, and now recovered it, I am happy to cover all of your cost, and more, so you can help more of us stupid noobies.

I always liked it, and was sad that I had lost what someone else had given me.

Bless you.

If you don't want the cash, I will donate $40 to Woman Welfare in a couple of months on both our behalves.

P.S. Can you send me some of your bitcoin now .... I've got this jpegs I'm really keen on buying :dance:

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 11, 2021

Kenji Jenkins
Aug 25, 2006

Nah, there was no magic. (Also, I have no idea who gifted you the original gif in the first place)

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You can search someone's old avatars, so nothing is ever technically lost.
If someone has a regular avatar, you can look at the URL, then change the file numbering. So from "0003.gif" to "0002.gif" or even "0001.png" number to try to find the older ones.
If you have a mod-given avatar, someone will have to spend $10 to change it to anything else, get the URL, then spend another $10 to change to the correct avatar.

And if this thread isn't the definition of "people spending money on stupid pictures", I don't want to know.

Also, I like Kermit.

Kosumo posted:

I will donate $40 to Woman Welfare in a couple of months on both our behalves.
Go for it. Then buy an Idris.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
jesus christ

can roberts just come out with a "lol gotcha guys, i decided this isnt gonna work uhhhhh thanks for the support"

the jig is up come on and put a nail in this coffin

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ortwin says no to nails in the coffin.

You don't want to mess with him and get your poo poo tickled up.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

nawledgelambo posted:

jesus christ

can roberts just come out with a "lol gotcha guys, i decided this isnt gonna work uhhhhh thanks for the support"

the jig is up come on and put a nail in this coffin

but why, at this rate he's got at least another 2-3 years of his million dollar salary and company expense account

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Four years later "Chris Roberts plays his own game" is still the ultimate rebuttal of any positive spin you could put on this project.

He's the pied piper of idiot space game nerds, except he can't even play his own flute, some guy called Dennis has to do it for him.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/HYP7bao.gifv

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kosumo posted:

10 for the Chairman question .....

Will you be able to accidently taser your balls and die of a heart attack?

_

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Can confrim, I tried this with a well used 9volt battery and only got a tingle ...... I then brought a 890 Jump!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I can only assume the pain from that taser trippled every second

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I can confirm that it only lessened with every tingle for my forever shame.

If only we could all live in the 4th Stimpire.

Anyone know of any do it yourself ways to deskeletonize.

(Thinking of going all plastic so if I accidentally taser my ballsack during insurrection I don't have a heart attack ..... Not that that would ever happen)

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Is Squadron 42 out yet?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Is Theatres of War out yet?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

no_recall posted:

Is Squadron 42 out yet?

Kosumo posted:

Is Theatres of War out yet?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

When was the last time any Vanduuls where shown in engine?

Like, anit they a major part of SQ38?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Is ED Odyssey out yet?

ED reddit posted:

Well, I can’t speak for all the community here, but after playing & paying for Star Citizen for YEARS - I’m absolutely and extremely excited. I can’t believe I was ignoring ED to Star Citizen for that long! With the new update - I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, which game will dominate the market and my time.

Should be interesting to see who flows over for a play, and who sinks into their sunk cost

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Kosumo posted:

They are super spoilers, along with mop attendants who don’t fly. You can’t reveal your secret weapons just like that!

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 11, 2021

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Kosumo posted:

They showed off some janky animations last year, I think. I still have it in my browser history.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/9prrneucdubxqr/mp4/StarCitizen_Squadron42_VanduulAttacks.mp4

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Pixelate posted:

Is ED Odyssey out yet?

Should be interesting to see who flows over for a play, and who sinks into their sunk cost

Nah, there is little Odyssey can do to impact this shitshow. For as long as there is money to fuel CIG no other game successes or failures as the case may be will make a dent to this train wreck.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

chadbear posted:

They showed off some janky animations last year, I think. I still have it in my browser history.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/9prrneucdubxqr/mp4/StarCitizen_Squadron42_VanduulAttacks.mp4

No, I'm asking about Chris Roberts triple A (if not more) Squadron 42 game. Not Unreal from 1998.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

MedicineHut posted:

Nah, there is little Odyssey can do to impact this shitshow. For as long as there is money to fuel CIG no other game successes or failures as the case may be will make a dent to this train wreck.

Oh yeah the zombie will totally march on. But the 'FIDELITY.. BAAAD' noises should be fun XD

As the high faithful pledge some more, and show off their fully functioning ship interiors...

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Kosumo posted:

No, I'm asking about Chris Roberts triple A (if not more) Squadron 42 game. Not Unreal from 1998.

Sir? Sir?

They're one and the same thing

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Kosumo posted:

Is that guy from Crysis 2?

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021

Kosumo posted:

*Mortal Kombat voice*

BRUTALITY

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Wow that animation is bad. Lmao, millions of dollars.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Kosumo posted:

You say that but could the Unreal engine from 1998 do melee attacks with the direction based on the location of the target. It's never been done before!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17863-Squadron-42-Monthly-Report-October-2020

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Finished Crying Suns. Not bad (especially for free), would probably recommend playing on normal or higher. Buy an Idris.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Animation talk just reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oh4sMgXpw

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 11, 2021

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Kenji Jenkins posted:

Nah, there was no magic. (Also, I have no idea who gifted you the original gif in the first place)

If someone has a regular avatar, you can look at the URL, then change the file numbering. So from "0003.gif" to "0002.gif" or even "0001.png" number to try to find the older ones.
If you have a mod-given avatar, someone will have to spend $10 to change it to anything else, get the URL, then spend another $10 to change to the correct avatar.

And if this thread isn't the definition of "people spending money on stupid pictures", I don't want to know.

Yeah, its the two url codes that is (there's some sort of folder numbers/encryption) before the user ID that can't be guessed.

Also, I almost wish I could see all of D_Smart's avatars in a row.

Almost.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
We've just about finished up watching the netflix show 3%, and there's a scene in a recent episode where a bunch of people are electrocuted via some torture device type machines.

All I could think of was that they were being hit by the worst kind of electricity and the pain was probably tripling every second.
All glory to the Stimpire.

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021
At first, I thought the Stimpire thing was an elaborate goon fabrication mocking the "lore" of Store Citizen (it's one of my favorite). When I realized it was homegrown on Spectrum... I was not really surprised but more appalled. I want to think that we discovered this "gem" simply because of the high scrutiny we have of the project and that every online community has it's share of such specimens. But if I search into my heart, I find no such certainty. It seems to me that some projects attract more of this type of people, like MAGA and such. I think it would be hard to scientifically evaluate the phenomena but I would make such a guess.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Groshlak posted:

At first, I thought the Stimpire thing was an elaborate goon fabrication mocking the "lore" of Store Citizen (it's one of my favorite). When I realized it was homegrown on Spectrum... I was not really surprised but more appalled. I want to think that we discovered this "gem" simply because of the high scrutiny we have of the project and that every online community has it's share of such specimens. But if I search into my heart, I find no such certainty. It seems to me that some projects attract more of this type of people, like MAGA and such. I think it would be hard to scientifically evaluate the phenomena but I would make such a guess.

I'd guess the same. The twin drivers behind this appear to be:

1) The desire for a permanent overclass designated by something that can't be taken away, such as race/sex/creed, or in SC's case, "buying in early."
2) The inability, for whatever reason, to engage fairly with the existing systems and succeed, necessitating #1 above.

The mentality can be summed up as "if you're not born a noble, found a country." It takes a very different mentality to think that way than to just be a person who wants to live a happy life and get by.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Rubber imperfections in modern boots are much smaller. If this is meant to be wear and tear, it's too evenly distributed over the boot, isn't concentrated in areas that should see actual wear, and doesn't include tears or scratches. I don't see a mould line from the production process. This is an incredibly unfidelitous boot

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

bandaid.friend posted:

Rubber imperfections in modern boots are much smaller. If this is meant to be wear and tear, it's too evenly distributed over the boot, isn't concentrated in areas that should see actual wear, and doesn't include tears or scratches. I don't see a mould line from the production process. This is an incredibly unfidelitous boot

The future of footwear is Crocs

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fidelitious posted:

We've just about finished up watching the netflix show 3%, and there's a scene in a recent episode where a bunch of people are electrocuted via some torture device type machines.

All I could think of was that they were being hit by the worst kind of electricity and the pain was probably tripling every second.
All glory to the Stimpire.

Is the show actually good? I'm looking for something not churned-out-of-hollywood to watch and the last one I tried was Money Heist which started out great then become a soap opera teen drama I couldn't finish.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 11, 2021

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Groshlak posted:

stimpire is just mental illness in textform.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

DarkDobe posted:

Is the show actually good? I'm looking for something not churned-out-of-hollywood to watch and the last one I tried was Money Heist which started out great then become a soap opera teen drama I couldn't finish.

Have you ever watched The Expanse?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Have you ever watched The Expanse?

Expanse is a love/hate relationship tbh? Lots of cool ideas but lots of really dumb poo poo (without which I realize shows/movies wouldn't have a 'satisfying' plot)
Pretty much just watch for Amos now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

DarkDobe posted:

Expanse is a love/hate relationship tbh? Lots of cool ideas but lots of really dumb poo poo (without which I realize shows/movies wouldn't have a 'satisfying' plot)
Pretty much just watch for Amos now.

I loved the first season where there wasn't any alien poo poo technically there was, but at that point it could be bioweapon as well. I got into it after reading raving reviews of internet nerds about how there are realistic space things and all of that went out of window with magic asteroid and magic portals. But it is still ok I guess