Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Why are you hiding the username?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

What's the alternative?

Rip and tear until it is done. Federalize policing standards and training. Forcefully retire the majority of those in command, run thorough background checks on those who remain and retire any that are even a hint suspect in participating in white nationalist groups. This would be a start. You'd combine this with various other things like increasing police pay to attract better candidates, expansive oversite by non-leos, and create organizations to take in role the police really don't need a role in. Like traffic crap, suicide prevention, or psych calls.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 11, 2021

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

PookBear posted:

you can't change the entire law enforcement system in this country as a single beat cop.
100% agree! It's still vital to do what we can to ensure the dumb pig participating in the next potential pivotal moment in history isn't also an ultra-fascist fanatic looking to push things down a very, very dark path!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

PookBear posted:

its cool that my dogshit boomer family that hasn't stopped having vacations is higher on the priority list for the vaccine than me.

This technically makes sense, though I'm not sure that's the metric they used.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
100% agree. At the same time as that's being pursued, though, it's seem smart to try to get the right people in the right places at the right times.

Unrelated, I somehow missed this awesomeness in the last week of madness:
https://twitter.com/schmoyoho/status/1347053742521262082?s=19

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

piL posted:

This technically makes sense, though I'm not sure that's the metric they used.

boomers did everything they could to make this worse and then get to cut to the front of the line.

Healthcare, social security, vaccines etc its all creating a vastly different country for those below 60 and those above 60, and the people that are above 60 are vastly over represented in federal government and vote conservative.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 11, 2021

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

100% agree. At the same time as that's being pursued, though, it's seem smart to try to get the right people in the right places at the right times.

Thought experiment:if you saw a fellow cop get a little bit over zealous with putting boots into some kids head, would you stop the guy and report him knowing that that probably ends your career ascension, so you can't affect change on the department, or would you say to your self, 'well the kid might not die and this might be a one off thing and Ill definitely report him if he does something worse, and besides once I make captain I can really turn poo poo around.' Thats basically the issue you'd run into with leftists trying to affect change from the inside, and I personally couldn't make that compromise, and I feel anyone willing to make that kind of compromise shouldn't be apart of a leftist reformed police force anyway.

Anyways I'd like a medium frosty and a small fry please.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why are you hiding the username?

Cause it's a facebook post and likely the dudes actual name. Duzzy didn't want to fall afoul of doxing rules.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Defenestrategy posted:

Thought experiment:if you saw a fellow cop get a little bit over zealous with putting boots into some kids head, would you stop the guy and report him knowing that that probably ends your career ascension, so you can't affect change on the department, or would you say to your self, 'well the kid might not die and this might be a one off thing and Ill definitely report him if he does something worse, and besides once I make captain I can really turn poo poo around.' Thats basically the issue you'd run into with leftists trying to affect change from the inside, and I personally couldn't make that compromise, and I feel anyone willing to make that kind of compromise shouldn't be apart of a leftist reformed police force anyway.

Anyways I'd like a medium frosty and a small fry please.

This is an interesting line of thought thats been bouncing around, so I took it to the cop thread.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

orange juche posted:

Cause it's a facebook post and likely the dudes actual name. Duzzy didn't want to fall afoul of doxing rules.

Yeah, this pretty much.
I think a forums wide rule for that was made sometime in 2018/19, and I first noticed it in the PYF idiots on socialmedia thread

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just encountered “if the cops let them in then they weren’t there unlawfully” and my brain has phase changed and dripped out my ears

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://mobile.twitter.com/bitburner/status/1348558563019427842

basically parler security was a bit like a screen door laying in someones front yard with the hinges ripped off

-exif data wasnt scrubbed from image uploads
-deleted posted arent deleted, they just set to a "hidden" bit that hides it from public view but admins are able to view them all
-im order to get verified you had to upload a state license photo. jfc.

so yeah. FBI is all up in theres, matching faces to photo and videos, and throwing everyone onto the no flight list immediately. leading in fun scenes like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79MWfb04eak

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's the impeachment article:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1348634080536104966?s=19

Looks well-done to me. 1+1+1=3, therefore impeach the motherfucker and ban him from running again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Has anyone ever been impeached twice

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nope!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Remember that time approximately 22 years ago when Trump was caught on tape threatening the Georgia SoS to change the vote totals?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Never, and not just on the presidential level.

The House has voted on twenty impeachments, and never twice for the same person.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
If this one happens it’s only happened 3 times: Clinton and 2x Trump.

Nixon bailed before it could happen

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Naramyth posted:

Wow, real Andrew Johnson erasure here

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Naramyth posted:

Andrew Johnson was also impeached.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/DemocracyDocket/status/1348643682162008073?s=19

And that's a pretty neat bow on absolutely everything (legal) before the 20th.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Sorry to gum up the thread with someone I know and turned in. Looks like my fellow officer was arrested. The thread is for those arrested/charged, but she isn’t strictly listed as either.

https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/status/1348462481224519682?s=20

Even the local Sinclair station is all over this now

https://wpde.com/news/local/army-investigating-officer-who-led-group-to-washington-rally

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Wow, real Andrew Johnson erasure here

he wasnt even real

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/DemocracyDocket/status/1348643682162008073?s=19

And that's a pretty neat bow on absolutely everything (legal) before the 20th.

Yeah, the Federal Courts are getting fed up, Trumps Lawyers are already facing possible consequences for frivolous suites, Giuliani is getting disbarred by New York Bar, its not gone well for Trump Org.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

I enjoy the “non-partisan group of conservatives who are against election fraud and support Trump” quote. I really hope she gets in trouble this time. She’s had about 3 events here and another few before she got here that she’s gotten off with no punishment.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/Mulkiizm/status/1348402887156789250

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
:10bux: says Rudy goes the Rand Paul route and tries to start his own "Bar Association" so he can still claim he's a member of it and thus still a lawyer.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I could loop this for days.

brains
May 12, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bitburner/status/1348558563019427842

basically parler security was a bit like a screen door laying in someones front yard with the hinges ripped off

-exif data wasnt scrubbed from image uploads
-deleted posted arent deleted, they just set to a "hidden" bit that hides it from public view but admins are able to view them all
-im order to get verified you had to upload a state license photo. jfc.

this reddit screencap is actually complete nonsense, but yes the entire parler content for 1/6 was crawled by an archivist and published because their raw data was publicly accessible and not stripped of metadata, leading to things like this (follow the quote for more technical details on how it was done):
which is... not great news for those involved in terms of admissibility of evidence in court. at least with stripped exif data there would be a hint of deniability, but now law enforcement can just sort by GPS coords on metadata and go from there, and lawyers will be hard-pressed to get the evidence tossed. a lot of these arrests are going to stick.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

a respite

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1348575567201918980?s=20

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I feel like the biggest lessons from the Capitol attack are:

1. Don’t commit incredibly illegal and seditious acts on behalf of a lame duck con man reality TV show host president

And if you can’t stick by #1, then:

2. Don’t coordinate your incredibly illegal and seditious acts over an app with documented security issues
3. Don’t livestream your incredibly illegal and seditious acts
4. Maybe leave your phone at home while committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts
5. Wear a mask while committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts, not only to protect yourself from the “COVID hoax” but also to obscure your identity from a bazillion amateur OSINT investigators who are just dying to doxx your Chud rear end
6. Remember to change clothes after committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts or at least don’t wear the same outfit you were wearing while bragging about your incredibly illegal and seditious acts at the hotel bar

What else am I missing?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's probably a few things, but let's not make this a quotable resource.

Common sense does not prevail with these people and I'm happy to let them incriminate themselves by not having put forethought into their actions.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Shaving your face after your incredibly illegal acts isn’t the act of deception you think it is” is a standout.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

1. Don’t commit incredibly illegal and seditious acts on behalf of a lame duck con man reality TV show host president

2. Don’t coordinate your incredibly illegal and seditious acts over an app with documented security issues
4. Maybe leave your phone at home while committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts
5. Wear a mask while committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts, not only to protect yourself from the “COVID hoax” but also to obscure your identity from a bazillion amateur OSINT investigators who are just dying to doxx your Chud rear end
6. Remember to change clothes after committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts or at least don’t wear the same outfit you were wearing while bragging about your incredibly illegal and seditious acts at the hotel bar

What else am I missing?

Don't get caught up in a massive Right Wing disinformation machine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Your mom is not the ideal accomplice to the incredibly illegal and seditious acts you are planning.

Don’t get overcome with bloodlust for a black man and forget the incredibly illegal and seditious acts you had in mind.

When you see an improvised furniture barricade straight outta central casting, with dudes on the other side pointing guns at you, do not attempt to climb over the barricade in pursuit of incredibly illegal and seditious acts .

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 11, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Icon Of Sin posted:

“Shaving your face after your incredibly illegal acts isn’t the act of deception you think it is” is a standout.

Don’t forget Lecturn man who tried taking down his street address off his house.

I mean Homer talked about doing it, but he was never dumb enough to do it

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Like, if this was the 1920s and you shaved and dyed your hair, sure you'd probably fool whatever law enforcement at the time. 2020 isn't going to have that issue

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

What else am I missing?

7. Don't steal stuff on livestreams

8. Don't bring firearms or magazines that are illegal to possess in D.C. and are automatic felonies

Man these people are beyond loving stupid.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

What else am I missing?

7. Hide the onion.
8. NO TASERS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this is true of all social media platforms unless (supposedly) you do a gdpr-compliant "forget everything you know about me" request.