Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

If the elementalist's aegis works like existing aegis skills, which it very likely will, the wording is "damage from hits is taken from the Aegis before your Life or Energy Shield". They act basically like another layer of energy shield that depletes before life or real es. Similar mechanics around recharging if you don't take damage for a while, though I think if you let them fully deplete there is a longer wait for them to return.

It's a good defensive node for just 2 points, since most builds will end up with around 20 notables without really trying. At a glance, my favorite pairing would be a stone golemancer since they already have a lot of physical mitigation and nothing critical to do with those last 4 ascendancy points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

euphronius posted:

I thought this was a good tube. Maybe not!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVPijg36c8

Unless I didn't hear right but I suspect this boss arena is just gonna be 10 bosses but with no map mods. Which is gonna make sure hard but not like 10 map bosses with map mods hard type of deal.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Anyone have a quick and dirty guide to how to make the most out of harvest crafts in general? Is there some special technique?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Tenzarin posted:

Unless I didn't hear right but I suspect this boss arena is just gonna be 10 bosses but with no map mods. Which is gonna make sure hard but not like 10 map bosses with map mods hard type of deal.

Apparently the "invitations" which are used to spawn the 10 boss fights have mods of their own

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

totalnewbie posted:

Anyone have a quick and dirty guide to how to make the most out of harvest crafts in general? Is there some special technique?

This post is a good example of how you need to approach Harvest crafting to get exactly what you want.

e: And another

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 11, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

MMF Freeway posted:

Apparently the "invitations" which are used to spawn the 10 boss fights have mods of their own

"Tane observes your Maven fight and will offer the opportunity to craft a nega metamorph upon completion"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow, new league this week, why didn’t anyone tell me...

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

External Organs posted:

"Tane observes your Maven fight and will offer the opportunity to craft a nega metamorph upon completion"

Einhar observes Tane observing your Maven fight and will compose a mighty poem about it. The poem will also contain a passive tree.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

search engine posted:

Einhar observes Tane observing your Maven fight and will compose a mighty poem about it. The poem will also contain a passive tree.
Krangling the poem can add stanzas, remove stanzas, alter the rhyming scheme, or downgrade it into a limerick.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Arrhythmia posted:

"per allocated notable" is such an odd thing to scale by. Assuming that you're not trying to scale it, about how many notables does a given build hit anyways?

I like it - it's an interesting way to scale power based roughly on level. Most builds will probably hit around 25-30 notables by the time they get into the 90s.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Drakyn posted:

Krangling the poem can add stanzas, remove stanzas, alter the rhyming scheme, or downgrade it into a limerick.

Yes Einhar I want your aura to regen mana.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

search engine posted:

Einhar seems like the kind of guy that would consider a haiku as a “mighty poem”.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Rallos posted:

Einhar seems like the kind of guy that would consider a haiku as a “mighty poem”.

A good haiku is a mighty poem :colbert:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

search engine posted:

Alva will offer to make a portal back in time to so you can observe Einhar observing Tane observing your Maven fight, to help you determine which one is your father. Your father will also contain a custom passive tree, created with jewels that drop throughout the game.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Drakyn posted:

Craft your krangling currency with new "zorple" mods that each have their own table of krangling outcomes to roll on! Earn the new zorpling currency by running overlapped maps in which the terrain of two maps is combined and also decays like in synthesis! If you finish and overlapped map you gain the attention of "The Homeboy" who will ask you to run 3, then 4, then 5, up to 10 overlapped maps until there isn't any actual room to move!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
Have they said what's going to happen with existing "Heist Lockers"? Should I pull my existing blueprints (probably not going to bother with contracts, except I suppose maybe L80+ ones) into regular stash, or will my heist locker just carry over? (edit: or will old bps just not work anymore, mooting the point? Not that I'm planning to play Standard, really, just for hoarding purposes I suppose.)

Sarcastro fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 11, 2021

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

search engine posted:

Mad Lib League when ggg???

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I just started playing again since I believe 1.0. Is there a path for a Ranger to be just Arrows everywhere fuckingwhere :blastu:?

I'm torn between Ranger and Witch(eventually Necromancer)

If leagues are the best place to advance, do I want to just ignore it until I finish the actual story first?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Irritated Goat posted:

I just started playing again since I believe 1.0. Is there a path for a Ranger to be just Arrows everywhere fuckingwhere :blastu:?

If leagues are the best place to advance, do I want to just ignore it until I finish the actual story first?

Rain of arrows is aesthetically what youre looking for but I have no experience with bows so I couldnt tell you how strong it is. Probably just average

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Irritated Goat posted:

Necro will probably still be the strongest ascendancy just because minions are the safest and easiest character option. Deadeye gets +2 projectiles now so that makes the most arrows.

Leagues still require you to do the story. Every time. And you want to play in the league because it has the new mechanic and a functioning economy. If you want to play just mess around with builds in standard to get a feel for what you want to do on Friday when the new league starts

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Rain of arrows is aesthetically what youre looking for but I have no experience with bows so I couldnt tell you how strong it is. Probably just average

The "arrows chain when they hit walls" new dead eye passive would probably scratch your itch.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I just want to say, the thread title is perfect.

Thank you

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Necro will probably still be the strongest ascendancy just because minions are the safest and easiest character option. Deadeye gets +2 projectiles now so that makes the most arrows.

Leagues still require you to do the story. Every time. And you want to play in the league because it has the new mechanic and a functioning economy. If you want to play just mess around with builds in standard to get a feel for what you want to do on Friday when the new league starts

I enjoy pet classes so I'd probably do Necro then. I can always play Ranger if I feel like a change. I'll keep plugging away with the story then.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Arrhythmia posted:

The "arrows chain when they hit walls" new dead eye passive would probably scratch your itch.

How it started: "A woman can change the world with a single, well-placed arrow."

How it's going: "gently caress it, arrows everywhere, blot out the sky"

I'm intrigued by this because it seems like I stumble into a good number of chain uniques/ mods. Maybe a deadeye chaos build w/ Gloomfang?

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I'm looking forward to accidentally witnessing that dumb turtle boss who brings in the water circle while being invincible and then having to fight 3 other bosses that I can't see or defend from.

Mystery Box fun: I got a bat.

Edit: Can I start the guild invite train rolling? I bailed on the last league after about 4 weeks, so I'm long gone from the main guild.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

boo_radley posted:

How it started: "A woman can change the world with a single, well-placed arrow."

How it's going: "gently caress it, arrows everywhere, blot out the sky"

Its easier to well-place a single arrow if you have thousands of them :colbert:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Also the ritual circles will be similar and will def have map mods active

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Sarcastro posted:

Still way better than the zero survivability (in the non-golem shell category) that Elementalist had before. I'm going to go for it for a league starter and see what happens. Fireball ignite with Shaper of Flames (duh), Bastion of Elements, Mastermind of Discord, and then I think Shaper of Storms, since making my fireballs also shock seems cool unless someone tells me that shock won't also increase ignite damage, in which case I don't know where the last two points would go.

Shocks do boost ignite damage so you're good.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

shimmy shimmy posted:

Shocks do boost ignite damage so you're good.

Excellent, thank you. Readying to fling zapfire everywhere.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

search engine posted:

If the elementalist's aegis works like existing aegis skills, which it very likely will, the wording is "damage from hits is taken from the Aegis before your Life or Energy Shield". They act basically like another layer of energy shield that depletes before life or real es. Similar mechanics around recharging if you don't take damage for a while, though I think if you let them fully deplete there is a longer wait for them to return.

It's a good defensive node for just 2 points, since most builds will end up with around 20 notables without really trying. At a glance, my favorite pairing would be a stone golemancer since they already have a lot of physical mitigation and nothing critical to do with those last 4 ascendancy points.

Golemancer actually benefits the most from the changes because now they get extra elemental mitigation on top of their phys mitigation and large health regen boosts. They can also just have a support arc or lighting orb to apply curses and shocks to the enemies. Or if you are going into a elemental golem build you can get additional exposure and slap it into an utility WoC.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

External Organs posted:

Alva will offer to make a portal back in time to so you can observe Einhar observing Tane observing your Maven fight, to help you determine which one is your father. Your father will also contain a custom passive tree, created with jewels that drop throughout the game.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Shame the thread title can't be an image.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that's better than old elementalist but I see their still married to the stupid alternating buff bullshit. otoh since it only triggers on hitting uniques, so maybe this will be the new hotness for aoe builds

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
basically all they did was get rid of the actually good herald node, buff golems again, split conflux into 3 different nodes, and make pendulum slightly less bad lol. it still doesnt really give any damage or defense (besides golems/aegis), and if you ask me the whole problem with elementalist was just that it was straight up weaker than assassin or necro. but what do I know I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

25% more from the exposure buff and 30% more to bosses (for 4 seconds) is new ? Sorry if I’m wrong

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
^^^ The exposure buff basically replicates the resistance penetration you used to get from heralds. The more to bosses is new though.

Larry Parrish posted:

basically all they did was get rid of the actually good herald node, buff golems again, split conflux into 3 different nodes, and make pendulum slightly less bad lol. it still doesnt really give any damage or defense (besides golems/aegis), and if you ask me the whole problem with elementalist was just that it was straight up weaker than assassin or necro. but what do I know I guess.

They did at least make golem shell more viable with the auto-resummon, although I'm wondering what their chance of living through the crazy boss rush is. My guess is that they're still going to get splatted a lot.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Larry Parrish posted:

Mastermind and heart of destruction give a lot of damage though, and stone/chaos golem buffs + aegis is a lot of defense?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

that's better than old elementalist but I see their still married to the stupid alternating buff bullshit. otoh since it only triggers on hitting uniques, so maybe this will be the new hotness for aoe builds

You could probably have another decent defensive layer utilizing the Sap alternate ailment with the more "50% more effect of lightning ailments" node

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

That new Mastermind of Discord makes it so Frostbomb applies -50% to cold resistance. Toss a Flame Golem in a Malachai's Artifice and you've got -100% cold res.