Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh keep giving money to Big John Fetterman.

I promise you all, my wife and I will already be voting for him so don’t worry even if you don’t live in the
state.

https://twitter.com/johnfetterman/status/1348659683716984833?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Don’t forget Lecturn man who tried taking down his street address off his house.

I mean Homer talked about doing it, but he was never dumb enough to do it

This will never not make me smile. Lectern man is what I would've become if I had 5 kids by 36 and a stack of weed charges and was living in Florida and listened to any of my conservative family members. He is a spirit animal for what could have been if I fell in an infowars/Q rabbit hole instead of SA.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This will never not make me smile. Lectern man is what I would've become if I had 5 kids by 36 and a stack of weed charges and was living in Florida and listened to any of my conservative family members. He is a spirit animal for what could have been if I fell in an infowars/Q rabbit hole instead of SA.

Wasn’t he married to a loving doctor?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1348654426987393024?s=20

I've only talked with two SEALS during my time and both were in Afghanistan.

One was a CAPT who kept wanting me to call him by his first name. Nicest guy in the world and the most fit person at his age (50+) I'd seen.

Other guy, was a LT or LCDR that worked on the OPS floor. He was from backwoods WV and got along real well with the British Army Captain who was a Tory. They were both very happy when the 2016 election results came in and both were puzzled by my and my AF Os lack of thrilled.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Nick Soapdish posted:

One was a CAPT who kept wanting me to call him by his first name. Nicest guy in the world and the most fit person at his age (50+) I'd seen.

Other guy, was a LT or LCDR that worked on the OPS floor. He was from backwoods WV and got along real well with the British Army Captain who was a Tory. They were both very happy when the 2016 election results came in and both were puzzled by my and my AF Os lack of thrilled.

Is this the missouri governor that was removed for kidnapping or something?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Icon Of Sin posted:

Wasn’t he married to a loving doctor?

I didn't see that part. Lol. Makes perfect loving sense that he was a stay at home dad.

When I read about him being married with 5 kids, I stopped poking any deeper, personally. The weed charges and probation was already icing on the cake enough for me, then the report of him trying to sell the podium on ebay. Then the street address. The guy is a gift that keeps digging his own hole, I'm not going to dig into his family any because the gold there isn't as shiny.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I didn't see that part. Lol. Makes perfect loving sense that he was a stay at home dad.

When I read about him being married with 5 kids, I stopped poking any deeper, personally. The weed charges and probation was already icing on the cake enough for me, then the report of him trying to sell the podium on ebay. Then the street address. The guy is a gift that keeps digging his own hole, I'm not going to dig into his family any because the gold there isn't as shiny.

Tampa Bay Times says yes, she is “a local physician”. This is a monumental self-serve. “Why yes, I’ll throw away my marriage and 5 kids so I can go LARP as a revolutionary, what could go wrong?!.”

The ghost of Florida Man is strong in that one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I almost want podium man to write an autobiography and give it to the guy who made Big Bang Theory to parse into a decade of sitcom stories.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nick Soapdish posted:

Haha thats the channel my mother watches.

Reminder that these people think antifa are both communists and nazis because all they have in their brain is word association (in this case thing = bad) and not that words/labels have actual meaning.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Tampa Bay Times says yes, she is “a local physician”. This is a monumental self-serve. “Why yes, I’ll throw away my marriage and 5 kids so I can go LARP as a revolutionary, what could go wrong?!.”

it's possible she supported his actions, but that's the less comedic possibility, so let's not consider it

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1348668000703045633

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Paging Oxygenpoisoning

Rainey resigned her commission.

CBS News: Emily Rainey resigns her commission as Army investigates involvement in Washington rally, U.S. Capitol riot.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emily-rainey-fort-bragg-captain-resigngs-washington-rally-army-investigating/

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Icon Of Sin posted:

Holy poo poo. Living near tampa was to live near the biggest collection of himbos and male arm candy living off alimony I have ever seen. Wonder how many more of them were there.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
They're finally loving paying attention.

https://twitter.com/JoshMargolin/status/1348672731286532096

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Haha thats the channel my mother watches.

Reminder that these people think antifa are both communists and nazis because all they have in their brain is word association (in this case thing = bad) and not that words/labels have actual meaning.

Pictured here is the Antifa Air Force providing air support to their terrorist commandos besieging the Capitol.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's probably a few things, but let's not make this a quotable resource.

Common sense does not prevail with these people and I'm happy to let them incriminate themselves by not having put forethought into their actions.

Agreeing with this.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I feel like the biggest lessons from the Capitol attack are:

1. Don’t commit incredibly illegal and seditious acts on behalf of a lame duck con man reality TV show host president

And if you can’t stick by #1, then:

2. Don’t coordinate your incredibly illegal and seditious acts over an app with documented security issues
3. Don’t livestream your incredibly illegal and seditious acts
4. Maybe leave your phone at home while committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts
5. Wear a mask while committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts, not only to protect yourself from the “COVID hoax” but also to obscure your identity from a bazillion amateur OSINT investigators who are just dying to doxx your Chud rear end
6. Remember to change clothes after committing your incredibly illegal and seditious acts or at least don’t wear the same outfit you were wearing while bragging about your incredibly illegal and seditious acts at the hotel bar

What else am I missing?

You're asking a lot from the Koup Klutz Klan.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, it finally happened. Just a matter of time.

https://twitter.com/lorenzofb/status/1348638602666905601?s=19

To some though, feature not a bug.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1348680836640628738

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Paging Oxygenpoisoning

Rainey resigned her commission.

CBS News: Emily Rainey resigns her commission as Army investigates involvement in Washington rally, U.S. Capitol riot.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emily-rainey-fort-bragg-captain-resigngs-washington-rally-army-investigating/

She resigned back in the summer after failing to appear for court twice. She’s still on the books and hopefully hook for this.

E: Also a bunch of guys have been defending her in a private Facebook group and just got outed as Q followers, should be fun next few weeks.

Oxygenpoisoning fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 11, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

facialimpediment posted:

Well, it finally happened. Just a matter of time.

https://twitter.com/lorenzofb/status/1348638602666905601?s=19

To some though, feature not a bug.

P sure the company that makes those released a "how to free your schlong" video when the original POC for the hack was released. Its not easy, but it counters the hacker

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

piss boner posted:

You're asking a lot from the Koup Klutz Klan.

for fucks sake, stop misconstruing some of them being idiots with all of them being idiots.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
you need to chill out and watch this sick late night talk show monologue where they ROAST the right wing, what idiots!

I'm definitely afraid there will still be a 'what a bunch of maroons' attitude towards them after all of this

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

they were five coordinated people with megaphones and a map of the building away from killing all the democrats

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1348687258929414144?s=20

:bravo: Who would have guessed?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

PookBear posted:

they were five coordinated people with megaphones and a map of the building away from killing all the democrats

Honestly I doubt they would have stopped with the Democrats, but otherwise yes

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yeah, like a couple hours prior Trump was throwing Pence under the bus and McConnell.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Seeing as a bunch of them are on video calling for Pence to be lynched....

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
nonono they were calling for him to be lanced, as treatment for the painful cysts caused by his equine parasites

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
it would be interesting to see the police reaction to the acquittal being on the other foot.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
To add to this current line of conversation, don't laugh at the horned whack job that sat on the dias. It's the same as Pepe shields and proud boys cereal initiation rites. They know it's absurd, they do it precisely because of that.

It's social camouflage they can fall back on when called out for their message of hate. "Golly gee I'm just so whacky, don't take me seriously I'm just joking when I say six million wasn't enough haha guys just joking." If this sounds vaguely familiar you may have heard it in video gaming or on 4chan or YouTube with "ironic" racism. "Oh come on man it's just a joke I don't actually think that about them I'm just joking haha why are you taking it so seriously geez"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Oh boy, oh boy, Trump is scheduled to speak in 90 minutes, this can't possibly end badly

:cripes:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

bird food bathtub posted:

To add to this current line of conversation, don't laugh at the horned whack job that sat on the dias. It's the same as Pepe shields and proud boys cereal initiation rites. They know it's absurd, they do it precisely because of that.

It's social camouflage they can fall back on when called out for their message of hate. "Golly gee I'm just so whacky, don't take me seriously I'm just joking when I say six million wasn't enough haha guys just joking." If this sounds vaguely familiar you may have heard it in video gaming or on 4chan or YouTube with "ironic" racism. "Oh come on man it's just a joke I don't actually think that about them I'm just joking haha why are you taking it so seriously geez"
I've seen an interwar essay reposted a fair bit along the lines of "the anti-Semite knows he's ridiculous..."

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh boy, oh boy, Trump is scheduled to speak in 90 minutes, this can't possibly end badly

:cripes:

With who/where do I read the transcript? I can’t stand his voice.

DinosaurWarfare
Apr 27, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

I stumbled upon Eric Greitens’ books and read them over a deployment. Tbh, he seemed like a solid and unorthodox military dude that wasn’t caught up in trying to look like a black rifle coffee model and I actually enjoyed his writing.

Fast forward to like 2017? Dude becomes MO governor and is ousted on sexual assault claims and he starts posting about how this is a plot by George soros and other dumb conspiracy poo poo.

All respect is gone at this point. What the hell happens to otherwise normal people to get them suckered into a cult? Do they actually believe what they’re saying? I can’t tell if it’s better/worse than just being gullible.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

bird food bathtub posted:

I feel like all this is from like 15 years ago. Message boards, IRC, etc had to figure out that the ironic hate speech isn’t actually ironic and we sort of got that sorted (or pushed the assholes off the platforms) then. Now we get to do it again that the Facebook moms and chud uncles of the world are finally online and it’s the same bullshit but with a bigger base.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mother Night was a documentary

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Naramyth posted:

I feel like all this is from like 15 years ago. Message boards, IRC, etc had to figure out that the ironic hate speech isn’t actually ironic and we sort of got that sorted (or pushed the assholes off the platforms) then. Now we get to do it again that the Facebook moms and chud uncles of the world are finally online and it’s the same bullshit but with a bigger base.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1033506727352782849?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Naramyth posted:

September of 1993 is about to enter its ten‐thousandth day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Giuliani might get expelled from the barristers’ association, but that’s not the same thing as being disbarred because law is weird.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1348660950300295177