Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I was watching some streamer who had a C6 Keqing, an R5 Aquila and all his artifacts were perfectly rolled with crit dmg and crit rate with an on set cup with just pages and pages of +20 5* artifacts on an endless scrollbar.

Then I started my own artifact grind and quickly realized that dude must have dropped tens of thousands on this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Wow that new co-op event is annoying. Missed it by literally 1 hit on the first try, then proceeded to get more annoyed and fail harder. What are the rewards for clearing it?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

I don't understand why substat rerolling is such a popular suggestion... It's the last thing they'd want to do, it's not hugely impactful for f2p but it makes whales' life 10x easier.

What I'd like is a domain that only dropped random helmets and another that only dropped random goblets. This would also be op but it would make low spenders' life so much easier.

the system for rerolling substats in honkai was primarily for whales. no matter what, something that you may *never* be able to upgrade is pretty frustrating for the whales too. at some point they'll lose motivation on rolling for new characters if they know they're going to just have to farm a new artifact set for them and continue to get hosed over by RNG. when they roll things like this out, it means they have enough other content that something you might never be able to perfect is no longer a necessary carrot to keep people farming.

the weekly boss drops are almost certainly going to change before the artifacts.

valuum posted:

Wow that new co-op event is annoying. Missed it by literally 1 hit on the first try, then proceeded to get more annoyed and fail harder. What are the rewards for clearing it?

ive got either 5 purple exp mats, or 50,000 mora from them.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Whining helped, got it on the next try as they bundled up more. Forgot to pay attention to the reward though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you didn't see anything it was probably the 50k mora reward. I somehow was unable to see it every time I got it but my mora was incremented in my inventory.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Hexel posted:

I was watching some streamer who had a C6 Keqing, an R5 Aquila and all his artifacts were perfectly rolled with crit dmg and crit rate with an on set cup with just pages and pages of +20 5* artifacts on an endless scrollbar.

Then I started my own artifact grind and quickly realized that dude must have dropped tens of thousands on this game.

C6 Keqing alone is easily 5-10K, R5 Aquila is probably another 4 or 5K, unless it's been rate up.

That account probably cost 20K or more.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They have substat rerolling in other gacha and mmos. It usually uses premium currency or limited availability items to pull out.

Imagine gambling to try and get that def into crit or whatever but weighted stats always have it switch between hp, def and elemental mastery. Each time you pull at the lever it becomes more expensive to keep pulling. Its quickly becomes the realm of turbowhales because at least when you re-do domains you get fodder to level up your artificats, in this case you get jack poo poo.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I don't think sub stats rerolling is necessary but they need to unfuck the primary stat drop rates. I'm ar53 with with 10 chars at ascension 5 and 3 at a4 yet still I haven't found a single gladiator crit/crDamage 5* circlet. 5 of my best equiped chars use a 4* ele damage goblet and I have exactly one 5* ele goblet with an element that matches the set it's part of.

As far as I know EM circlets do not exist.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The weighted stats is the main reason I'm never going to go hard in domains beyond anything but good primary stats and set bonuses. If all the stats were equal it would be one thing but weighting against the ones you know players want reminds me of the worst kind of Destiny 2-style engagement-metric bullshit.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Some Numbers posted:

C6 Keqing alone is easily 5-10K, R5 Aquila is probably another 4 or 5K, unless it's been rate up.

That account probably cost 20K or more.

Napkin math says that on average a C6 non-rate up 5-star is something like 21-25k usd.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Relevant to artifact stat chat: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/kn0r0s/analysing_2650_artifacts_and_their_mainsub_stat/

Looking at this table made me not care about getting the perfect artifact.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Whaling on standard banner is so crazy. If you whaled on Venti, Klee, Childe, Zhong, Albedo, and Ganyu you'd be close to halfway done with standard banner already. Watching Tenha (a streamer with every 5* at C6) pull each release is insane, he's trying to get C6 albedo and literally every pull besides Albedo was a brick.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Napkin math says that on average a C6 non-rate up 5-star is something like 21-25k usd.

That's only if you're pulling for one specific c6 and the bricks include the other 5s. So getting all the 5s at c6 would be less than 25k × number of 5s.

NOT THAT THAT MAKES IT AFFORDABLE

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Pope Urbane II posted:

That's only if you're pulling for one specific c6 and the bricks include the other 5s. So getting all the 5s at c6 would be less than 25k × number of 5s.

NOT THAT THAT MAKES IT AFFORDABLE

Well yes but that's the average for pulling any given one to C6 and then stopping. Of course you're going to have a pile of other 5 stars and constellations but anyone with a C6 blue banner 5 star has spent five digits.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think Lacari has a C6 Keqing and he's "only" spent 9k or so. It's quite likely to "highroll" one of the five standard 5*s, it's just unlikely to highroll the one you want.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress this co-op thing in the latest treasure hunt, it is literally* impossible solo and there's no automatic teaming or anything. Absurdly short timers on something to fake difficulty is not good game design. :geno:

*I don't want to loving hear that you did it, no team comp or setup or anything I have can actually break the shields reliably/quickly enough to actually kill them, even fooded up.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Asimo posted:

Absurdly short timers on something to fake difficulty is not good game design.

should be the thread title, tbqh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is the event based on world level?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yep.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Asimo posted:

gently caress this co-op thing in the latest treasure hunt, it is literally* impossible solo and there's no automatic teaming or anything. Absurdly short timers on something to fake difficulty is not good game design. :geno:

*I don't want to loving hear that you did it, no team comp or setup or anything I have can actually break the shields reliably/quickly enough to actually kill them, even fooded up.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/kuz634/day_4_lost_riches_2_easiest_ways_to_solo_clear/

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

which of the craftable bows is better for childe? prototype crescent?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

What did I just say?? :argh:

But caught a post last page about abusing the teleport nearby to group them up and on attempt 20 or whatever that seemed to do the trick with an underleveled sucrose swirl and a billion klee bombs onto the stacked trio of mages. Still neither remotely fun or worth the 50k mora reward for it though.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Manatee Cannon posted:

which of the craftable bows is better for childe? prototype crescent?

crescent wins by default, yeah. the phys dmg substat on compound is virtually worthless to childe

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

I think Lacari has a C6 Keqing and he's "only" spent 9k or so. It's quite likely to "highroll" one of the five standard 5*s, it's just unlikely to highroll the one you want.
In theory, if you beat pity every time for an average of like 50 rolls per 5* and every single off-banner roll was Keqing, you would need 11 5* pulls for 6 Keqing constellations (assuming you rerolled for the first copy of her).

That would basically be a reasonable minimum of $1100 USD. That's the floor. It sounds unlikely, but I had a C5 Xiangling in my first 4 pulls so who the hell knows sometimes.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Nakar posted:

In theory, if you beat pity every time for an average of like 50 rolls per 5* and every single off-banner roll was Keqing, you would need 11 5* pulls for 6 Keqing constellations (assuming you rerolled for the first copy of her).

That would basically be a reasonable minimum of $1100 USD. That's the floor. It sounds unlikely, but I had a C5 Xiangling in my first 4 pulls so who the hell knows sometimes.

Okay but theoretically the odds of that happening is 1 in 13.88 million so we're gonna go with 20 grand for a C6 Keqing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so, what exactly influences the height of the updraft at stone gate? i must've stepped on it like 100 times and i only saw it get the high form once, when my friend stepped on it in multiplayer

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What are you guys thinking the best way to play Ganyu is going to be? 4 piece ice set and keep the enemy frozen by using XQ or try to score melts using Xiangling gouba or klee mines? Im thinking going for melts means the 4 piece might not be that good and you might be better off using 2 piece cryo 2 piece something else.

With the way Xingqiu works I question how viable it will be to apply freeze reliably with Ganyu. His kit doesn't really synergize with a long-range character that uses charged bow shots. Without having Mona I'm starting to lean towards a melt comp with her, possibly using Wanderer's Troupe and investing in the BP bow for crit. Seems like it could be pretty fun with big melt numbers and mini-Venti procs with the bow. Gonna hold off for a bit on going either direction until hearing some impressions though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fur20 posted:

so, what exactly influences the height of the updraft at stone gate? i must've stepped on it like 100 times and i only saw it get the high form once, when my friend stepped on it in multiplayer
Dropping a rock on it. Draft stops once it's no longer being pressed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Fur20 posted:

No Wave posted:

Dropping a rock on it. Draft stops once it's no longer being pressed.

There's also a tree you can bonk your head on that keeps you from rising to max height.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

excited for team 4 bows.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wait the game already has 4 bows?

huh.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Vargs posted:

With the way Xingqiu works I question how viable it will be to apply freeze reliably with Ganyu. His kit doesn't really synergize with a long-range character that uses charged bow shots. Without having Mona I'm starting to lean towards a melt comp with her, possibly using Wanderer's Troupe and investing in the BP bow for crit. Seems like it could be pretty fun with big melt numbers and mini-Venti procs with the bow. Gonna hold off for a bit on going either direction until hearing some impressions though.

With his Q at least you could probably just fire a single normal shot between charges to proc the swords and get them wet.

Edit: Admittedly Ganyu's kit would probably waste a ton of Q damage.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 11, 2021

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
So what's the verdict on Ganyu's ideal equipment? I'm assuming it's Crescent/Ice Artifacts?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

kater posted:

wait the game already has 4 bows?

huh.
Childe/Fischl/Venti/Diona is actually a pretty solid team, too, assuming you've got enough bows for all of them.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Framboise posted:

So what's the verdict on Ganyu's ideal equipment? I'm assuming it's Crescent/Ice Artifacts?

I like Blackcliff over Crescent because it's easier to gear with crit damage on the weapon and you don't need to worry as much about hitting weak spots but either choice is good, Fav bow might be decent depending on how her energy generation is and based on how good her ultimate is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm like 60 posts behind but I think the guy who made that Artifact spreadsheet is a goon or something, because I just noticed that everyone got updated to show what kind of stats they want for their artifacts. Which was a thing I was wondering like 3 days ago.

Anyway, I've got Diluc up to 70/70 and I don't have enough pyrovine materials to ascend him again yet. Should I work on that first or just gear him up with artifacts first? I've got 4/5 decent Crimson Witch artifacts already so should I upgrade those first and then start worrying about talents? I don't really know the order I should take for these things.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Level 70 is good enough for 99.9% of content.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What exactly is the damage multiplier for hitting a weak point anyway?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Ideal weapon is Amos's Bow, despite the lack of crit stats. I know it's the joke 5* but that was only because no character wanted to run primarily with Aimed Shots other than Amber before now, and the effect on it is completely bonkers broken for a ranged attacker. If an arrow is in flight for at least half a second, you get +52% Charged Shot DMG at R1. DMG% is by far the hardest of all stats to stack heavily and that bonus is super dumb, especially on a character whose Charged Shots are going to have significantly higher damage output. If the bonus also applies to the Frostflake Arrow's AoE (will require testing to know if it gets the 52% or just the base 12%), she's going to be crazy good with it even without reactions.

In terms of set, I'm assuming Wanderer's if you're not running a freeze comp, which I think is likely only going to be truly viable with Mona or a big-brained big-walleted Tartaglia. She seems extremely expensive to get going otherwise, unless her damage is so high without reactions that she doesn't care in which case just set up the occasional Bennett wombo combo Melt and just shoot things otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

What exactly is the damage multiplier for hitting a weak point anyway?
It's just a standard crit, so 50% at a minimum.