Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tim and Lynch: Thread Men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:f5::five:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

MechaSeinfeld posted:

And the mode that’s basically just Destiny but with swords is cool

Destiny has swords, and right now they're way better at killing bosses that aren't flying or otherwise inaccessible than pretty much anything else.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's also got a chainsword, which is more than Tsushima can say

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

"gently caress this game"

- veni veni veni

I'm getting it tattooed across my stomach in olde English

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I do believe that whether Trico listens to you is a sort of test of how empathetic you are, but that bit with the water isn’t bad, just swim around for a while and listen to a podcast until you can get on the tail.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Trico is a big animal and animated appropriately, it takes him a long time to start doing something and even longer until it's clear whether or not he got it right, and issuing a new command makes him start over. So it's a test of patience more than anything else.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The water bit is easy to complete if you know what to do, though it does take some lateral thinking the first go. Recollection from my replay a few months ago: When Trico is above you pawing at the wood floor, splinters fall from a couple weak points. Get under a weak point and shout, Trico will dig there and make an opening. Get under the other weak point and shout so Trico makes another hole. When Trico is looking at you through one of the holes, his rear will be positioned near the other hole and his tail will fall through. Then you climb up his tail.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i :love: trico

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

:yeshaha:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

The water bit is easy to complete if you know what to do, though it does take some lateral thinking the first go. Recollection from my replay a few months ago: When Trico is above you pawing at the wood floor, splinters fall from a couple weak points. Get under a weak point and shout, Trico will dig there and make an opening. Get under the other weak point and shout so Trico makes another hole. When Trico is looking at you through one of the holes, his rear will be positioned near the other hole and his tail will fall through. Then you climb up his tail.

The issue is that sometimes his tail just doesn’t fall through the hole when it’s supposed to. But yeah you can just keep hollering at him from different ends of the room and it will eventually drop down.

It’s wild they never fixed that tbh.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

veni veni veni posted:

now i know you know how much i like you but please understand the depth of my platonic need to see this happen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
fucke yon tournament

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I remember the thing I had the most trouble with in TLG was just getting Trico to take a loving bath

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Kane and Lynch Collection HD remake when

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Simone Magus posted:

Kane and Lynch Collection HD remake when

i can destroy your fond memories with a pair of steam keys if you like, hahaha

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Funny thing about K&L is it totally deserved the bad review that got Gerstmann in trouble, but it’s still one of those “you have to check this out” kind of games, especially for co-op. An HD remaster would be pretty fun.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Escobarbarian posted:

I remember the thing I had the most trouble with in TLG was just getting Trico to take a loving bath

you just throw some food in the water, trico likes baths,

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It was compelling and ugly. Though your time is better spent watching Heat than playing kane and lynch again. Imagine if de niro and Kilmer became freedom fighters in South America after their bank heist. Would’ve been a weird movie.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Remember when there was going to be a Kane and lunch movie with Bruce Willis and Billy bob Thornton lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kane and Lynch's multiplayer kicked rear end and I had a ton of fun with it, too bad no one's decided to steal it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Remember when there was going to be a Kane and lunch movie with Bruce Willis and Billy bob Thornton lol

Kane and Lunch: Bread Men

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

David lunch: twin meals

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Kane and Lynch's multiplayer kicked rear end and I had a ton of fun with it, too bad no one's decided to steal it.

I'm still waiting for someone to do the multiplayer from Splinter Cell again with the two spies and two mercs.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
david lynch was working on a game in 1999, but it got "blocked from the get-go" in November 1999, because it would have been "completely boring to game buffs".

"David Lynch wanted a "conundrum thing... a beautiful kind of place to put yourself. You try to make a little bit of mystery and a bit of a story, but you want it to be able to bend back upon itself and get lost."
"It was called... Woodcutters from Fiery Ships... Certain events have happened in a bungalow which is behind another in Los Angeles. And then suddenly the woodcutters arrive and they take the man who we think has witnessed these events, and their ship is... uh, silver, like a 30`s kind of ship, and the fuel is logs. And they smoke pipes." (David Lynch, in The Guardian, November 1999)"

http://thecityofabsurdity.com/game.html

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know why David Lynch came up earlier but this is actually quite thread-relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni4RJa8Uo7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4tOvkvCvwQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSMPo8KLvCA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0PvkfR1EJY

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I love the first two, the first is basically like a scene from Twin Peaks: The Return, and the second is just :3:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Imhotep posted:

david lynch was working on a game in 1999, but it got "blocked from the get-go" in November 1999, because it would have been "completely boring to game buffs".

"David Lynch wanted a "conundrum thing... a beautiful kind of place to put yourself. You try to make a little bit of mystery and a bit of a story, but you want it to be able to bend back upon itself and get lost."
"It was called... Woodcutters from Fiery Ships... Certain events have happened in a bungalow which is behind another in Los Angeles. And then suddenly the woodcutters arrive and they take the man who we think has witnessed these events, and their ship is... uh, silver, like a 30`s kind of ship, and the fuel is logs. And they smoke pipes." (David Lynch, in The Guardian, November 1999)"

http://thecityofabsurdity.com/game.html

So, you play as Patrick Fischler's character in Mulholland Drive and you get abducted by the woodsmen from Twin Peaks

someone get this man a game studio

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
just fyi only the Duck one is actually Lynch.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
THERE THEY ARE, ALBERT - FACES OF GROAN

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Jesus Christ

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i guess gerstman better start polishing his resumé again just to be safe

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

el oso posted:

THERE THEY ARE, ALBERT - FACES OF GROAN

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Holy moly if I could make this the thread background...

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the underrated sequel Tim and Lynch 2: Vid Games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

:perfect:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Congrats on a good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Seriously that is an amazing picture and I love it :D