Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I've been getting much fewer letters too, though my mailbox has been close to full for a while now -- I clear out enough old mail to keep 15-20 spots open most of the time, but I thought maybe the game throttles the number of letters you get when it reaches that high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I did a little experimenting and I think they've changed it so that your neighbors only send you mail after you send them some. It used to be that you would give them presents in person and this would make them send you mail for a day or two afterwards; this no longer works, but sending them letters gets them to respond to you in a couple of days.

Day 1: you send mail
Day 2: they receive mail
Day 3: they send you mail in return

Adding presents to your letter gets you presents in return, as well.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I drat did it again. Perfect snowboy while making a monster.

I think the game is laughing at me.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh. Yay. CJ's here. The fishing tourney is tomorrow, dude, why do I need to see you two days running.

On the plus side I finally got Dobie's photo. And a second gold rose, after I don't know how long since the first one.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Black Robe posted:

Oh. Yay. CJ's here. The fishing tourney is tomorrow, dude, why do I need to see you two days running.

On the plus side I finally got Dobie's photo. And a second gold rose, after I don't know how long since the first one.

Finally got the Ocean Sunfish model. It's one of the lesser disappointing models he can give, I think.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

As is tradition at this point, Redd is docked on Fiorina with a fake Wistful Painting, but today he also has a Proper Painting (always real), a fake Informative Statue, and a fake Rock-Head Statue. He also has a pink amp and a white sand castle.

Nooks has a safe, a clay furnace, a red corner, unlimited orange round space heaters, baby pandas and plaid handy water coolers.

Ables have Hanten jackets, mod parkas, poncho coats, short peacoats, embroidered pattern skirts, caveman tanks, flashy kimonos, berets, imp hoods, round shades, layered socks, pleather ankle booties and other things I don’t feel like listing.

I love getting bulletin messages and silly drawings so go nuts on that front. None of the flowers need watering or anything like that, but the Snowboys are getting antsy about all the free gifts and DIYs they’ve left out for visitors who aren’t taking them.

Dodo code in PGS thread.

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 8, 2021

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
There is a heavy meteor shower on Skyhold this evening, so I'm opening up.

9PW9N

Celeste is penned-in at C5

Edit: Comms glitch; new code generated.

Edit: Closed now. Thanks to everyone who visited.

magimix fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 8, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/DoreenFiorina/status/1347644170396004352?s=20

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

You're going to need a lot of medicine for that burn.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I'm not sure what it is, but the last few months my villagers keep commenting how bold my face looks. I was blue for a while for Halloween, but that changed in November? It's so weird.

Hmm. How long has it been since we've had an update. I assume there's one planned for March for the year anniversary but I don't know if they'll do anything else before then. Valentine's Day, maybe?

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
They teased Pavé in the last update trailer so that would need to be out by early February.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fishing time. I have all the items already but I want to upgrade my trophy, so time to burn through my bait stockpile I suppose.

e: Question. CJ just told me I passed the threshold for silver. If I grind out gold as well today, will he send both trophies tomorrow, or just gold?

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 9, 2021

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Black Robe posted:

Fishing time. I have all the items already but I want to upgrade my trophy, so time to burn through my bait stockpile I suppose.

e: Question. CJ just told me I passed the threshold for silver. If I grind out gold as well today, will he send both trophies tomorrow, or just gold?

You can grind out all 3 trophies in one tournament. Though you still need to participate in future tournaments for the nook miles stamps.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Just to add. You will get all trophies in the mail.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Cool, thanks. Guess I might as well do that then, save future me some time. Once I dig up some more bait, anyway.

In the meantime, been waging war on the flower plague and everything looks a lot cleaner now. Except the breeding areas, but eh, what can you do.

e: gently caress yeah, guess who just got Cast Master :c00lbert:

e: and there's the gold. Nice.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 9, 2021

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Anyone else get the 300 days played achievement today? :toot:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

A kotatsu finally showed up in my Nooks today! :)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Got lots of little jobs done today. Added a couple of food stalls to my snack area, put quite a few benches and stools around the place, put some more stone decorations in the rock garden, got a couple more streetlights for the area around the villager houses and crafted up a whole bunch of natural lights for various spots - shell and palm lamps on the beaches, mush lamps in the forested part. Also double checked that tearing out so many flowers didn't drop my rating and it's still all good.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
guys, I'm hosed up. I finally took the plunge and time-traveled backwards and it turns out it's entirely possible to play Animal Crossing for SIX HOURS.

I have ADHD. I can't even sleep for six straight hours without getting bored. I'M SCARED AND I HAVE ALL THE SNOWBOY RECIPES.

BTW guess what, I got ONE stinkin' holiday DIY in six hours of gameplay. Blergh!

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Time travel is a risky business. I meant to go back to last November to get some more mushroom recipes because there were a lot I missed out on that looked really useful for decorating, and I forgot that it was a new year and accidentally Back to the Future'd myself forward 10 months. "Have you been avoiding me?!" say all the villagers. Great Scott!

On the plus side this somehow resulted in a blue rose spawning in the middle of an empty plot. Not sure how that works, I had roses at the edge and the blue rose is on the other side of the field all by itself, but I guess I'll take it?

I may have to deploy my balloon wall again, I spent several hours editing a couple of areas and I only got two recipes. It's so annoying when the balloons have 5 clay!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think Kyle might be my favourite Smug villager so far. Just the spotted wolf living in the shed around the back full of musical instruments sleeping on cardboard boxes. He gave me the former band anecdote and I think that makes perfect sense for his backstory. He's such great trash.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think Kyle might be my favourite Smug villager so far. Just the spotted wolf living in the shed around the back full of musical instruments sleeping on cardboard boxes. He gave me the former band anecdote and I think that makes perfect sense for his backstory. He's such great trash.

I have two smugs at the moment and I love them both, Shep's a goofy sweetheart who does yoga almost constantly and Ed is so ridiculous he has his own photo in his house.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kyle is my go-to smug. I love him to bits.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Saharah is trapped in my orchard at the north of my island. She has simple small avocado mat, turquoise heart rug, brown argyle rug, strawberry-chocolate wall, and imperial tile.

Help yourself to anything in Nook’s and Able’s, check out my revamped peninsula and stage areas, harass my villagers, and draw on my board. I will be AFK but ping me if you need me.

ALSO: I’m looking for new clothes! If you see one of these designs in Able’s, please replace it with one of your own! (If it’s already replaced please don’t replace it again!)

Dodo: closed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 11, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina’s gates are open. Not much happening: nice Aurora in the sky, everything in Nook’s is up for grabs, Ables has some nice terry-cloth stuff today, annoy Gullivar if you feel like it, take a free gift from the generous Snowboys!

Dodo in PGS thread

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
After weeks of silence, I finally got a random villager letter today, as did one of the other accounts on the Switch!

Perhaps they were just on hold during the holiday season...

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Zaroff posted:

After weeks of silence, I finally got a random villager letter today, as did one of the other accounts on the Switch!

I got one today as well, Katt sent me a pair of boots.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Zaroff posted:

Same, Merengue sent me a letter hinting that she gets lonely and wants me to visit her house a bit more than I normally do.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

kyle was telling me how exquisite his cardboard box bed feels to sleep on and it was very on brand

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Snowboys be all like "maybe I shouldnt be so picky" and then proceed to be picky. It's a crime that I can't use the axe on these ungrateful jerks.

I know about quit to home trick, but I can barely be bothered to make the snowboys in the first place. Also I swear on several attempts I'd try pushing the head into the body and nothing would happen. So of course by the time I can re-position, the head ends up too big.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I've got Snake hiding in a box today if anyone wants a bad-rear end Jock Ninja Rabbit.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ooh, Isabelle says I'm getting a meteor shower tonight. I need to remind myself that I have the Nook miles achievements and don't need to frantically wish on every single star for hours because after 20 you don't get more fragments. But at least it gets me more recipes from Celeste. And I bet it'll look really pretty with all the snow.

Also Shep is stomping furious because Ed gave him a blue crayon. Shep, your favourite colour is literally blue. My dog boys are all very stupid and I love them all very much.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Celeste has landed on Redd’s beach on Fiorina! Minor meteor shower happening as well, come talk to the cute bird and take a free gift from the Snowboys!

Gonna leave the gates open for the night while I sleep so I’ll be AFK but ping me if something goes fucky.

Dodo: 1VF1Q

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 13, 2021

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Ah sorry, my router decided to take a a poo poo while I was heading back to the airport :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Finally remembered to bother with turnips this week, sold at 600 and paid off my final loan and extra storage :woop:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Originally picked this up in my first lockdown last year as something nice and chill...right during the bunny day stuff. Quickly burnt out on it as the recipe-chasing was decidedly un-chill. Picked it up again in the last few months with the resolution to just ignore holiday stuff or only try for recipes I think I'll use. Therefore I missed out on a lot of updates/news about stuff.

I had no idea you'd be able to terraform the island at a certain point, as I'd only played Wild World before, so just plopped houses and things down all over the place where I thought they looked nice. Now I'm hosed as all the villager houses and the museum etc are in stupid inconvenient places, so any sort of theme planning I want to do is hindered by all the houses all over the place.

What is the best way to unfuck your island if you made the error of scattering buildings all over? Should I just pick a corner of the map , deforest/replant the trees elsewhere and dump houses/utilities there for the time being to free up the space to terraform the rest of the island, only to move them again later when I have set plots for them? I have a vague idea of how I want it to look, but all the houses are in insanely dumb places that interfere with everything. This is gonna cost so many bells!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

TONY MEATBALLS posted:

What is the best way to unfuck your island if you made the error of scattering buildings all over? Should I just pick a corner of the map , deforest/replant the trees elsewhere and dump houses/utilities there for the time being to free up the space to terraform the rest of the island, only to move them again later when I have set plots for them? I have a vague idea of how I want it to look, but all the houses are in insanely dumb places that interfere with everything. This is gonna cost so many bells!

Yeah you'll pretty much pick a corner of the island to stuff everything and then you can fix up the rest. Each move will need a day to take effect, so you'll probably want to time travel or the process could take weeks.

Bells are a little easier to come by if you meddle in the stalk market.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
You can also put houses on the beach.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I found a book on the ground, looks like one of the lost books the villagers drop. If I hover over it, the item name is "What was this again?" I can't do anything but drop it. The Nooklings won't give me money for it but offer to throw it away. I can't give it to Blathers or any of the other villagers.

Any clue what this is? I've never encountered it before, feels like a bug. I had a campsite villager move in and kick someone out... possible it belonged to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hobo Clown posted:

I found a book on the ground, looks like one of the lost books the villagers drop. If I hover over it, the item name is "What was this again?" I can't do anything but drop it. The Nooklings won't give me money for it but offer to throw it away. I can't give it to Blathers or any of the other villagers.

Any clue what this is? I've never encountered it before, feels like a bug. I had a campsite villager move in and kick someone out... possible it belonged to them?

It's a lost item, it belongs to a villager you haven't spoken to yet - probably a newish one, because if you're friends with the villager you get a hint as to their personality type. If it's been a day since you picked it up, I think it just becomes trash.

Are you sure you've been around showing it to everyone? I've never seen anythig like this but the campsite thing might change it.