Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Yea, I was just in that weird period where I only had the first two quests available from Prapor and Mechanic, so was limited into finding 2 shotguns while getting rocked by players on customs while trying to find scavs, which don't seem to exist at the start of the game. I decided to do a mosin only run on Woods to just try and get the Jaeger quest and got lucky enough to knock it out with no issues. Well, there were issues, because Woods had an update and it looks entirely different now. So I did get lost and panicked, but managed to get it done. As soon as that was done I was able to knock out the MP-133 portion of Prapors quest and now I have 6-7 in the queue. Next up is struggling with the even harder Customs quests: finding the stopwatch and water. I have both keys from scav runs thankfully.

To add to the weird scav behavior conversation: yesterday I walked into the gas station and a scav fired two shots out the window at nothing and then just stood there. I assumed it was firing at a player, but went and looked around and there was nothing. This morning a scav charged at me with it's knife out. I panicked, shot it and it just ran by me. So I shot it in the back, assuming it was a player, but it emoted at me. I managed to kill it without realizing it until the match ended. I assumed it just kept running.

I do love that updated scavs to run, drink, check mags, wiggle, etc. Makes it harder to determine if it's a AI scav or player scav.

Edit: I just found out my new monitor has a feature to add a crosshair to the center of my screen. I can't wait to try this out.
Edit 2: It seems a little off. It's probably gun dependent, but it appears that ADS ends up being slightly lower than the center of the screen. I'll have to test more when I have a gun range.

Wait, AI scavs will do the Q-E wiggle? That explains some things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Bussamove posted:

Wait, AI scavs will do the Q-E wiggle? That explains some things.

They also react to hand signals and check mags, pick up guns off dead bodies so they have 2, all kind of sus things

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

https://streamable.com/er3f4l

watch me shoot the incredible hulk for 2 loving minutes straight.

Sometimes scavs are stuck in one place and immortal. Its usually best to run away when this happens. Never seen it happen with raiders/boss.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lorem ipsum posted:

Sometimes scavs are stuck in one place and immortal. Its usually best to run away when this happens. Never seen it happen with raiders/boss.

I had that happen, also at Gas of all places. Had to run and turned the corner to face-tap another scav which conveniently had the TOZ I needed for a task. :v:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Around 1:06 or 1:07 DrLupo cleaned the Customs new gas station from boss and his goons..

He was putting some new rounds to a mag in a corner when some guy starts to throw nades at him, shoot etc. Clearly nothing suspicious at all! DrLupo goes out to have a look, instant head,eyes. Yessiir no hackes here. Not in this game.

https://twitch.tv/videos/867979877

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Ihmemies posted:

Around 1:06 or 1:07 DrLupo cleaned the Customs new gas station from boss and his goons..

He was putting some new rounds to a mag in a corner when some guy starts to throw nades at him, shoot etc. Clearly nothing suspicious at all! DrLupo goes out to have a look, instant head,eyes. Yessiir no hackes here. Not in this game.

https://twitch.tv/videos/867979877

Hacker or not he sprinted towards an enemy who knew he was there

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was in a goon 5 man last weekend that seemed to maybe have a wall hacker. We were on the east-west road road south of big red, all of us stacked on the wall near the metal door that leads into the yard, when we suddenly began to take lots of fire...but all the shots hit the wall.

Like, it really seemed like someone from Big Red just thought it would a great idea to pour lots of gunfire into the wrong side of a wall we were all stacked onto; I can only imagine they could see us through the wall.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 11, 2021

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Lorem ipsum posted:

Hacker or not he sprinted towards an enemy who knew he was there

Not really the point, plus Lupo usually has the skills to back up a play like that.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Lupo whines about every kill being sus and feeds into the perception that every time you die and you either get outplayed or don't know where the guy was, he was hacking. I have about 700 hours into this now and I've reported less than a half dozen people I was SURE were hacking, and that's because they were lag switching or speed hacking. I've made enough crazy single shots to the head in my own time that I know how stupid it is to say someone is aimbotting just because they saw me and shot me instantly in the face. A tiny bit of desync/a lucky shot can make it look that way. I'm sure I've been called a hacker many times because some dope was making a ton of noise moving around and I waited for him to come by and shot him in the back of the head with a silenced gun. Timmy has no experience or knowledge to evaluate how bad he is, so he thinks he's doing fine, therefore anyone who defeats him easily is a hacker.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
The guy was confirmed cheating. And more than that he sells cheats.

...just as a follow-up

Garfu fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 11, 2021

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
OTOH, it is important to ask what you could have done differently when you die, and a knee jerk assumption of hacking stops that, so I can see why people want to caution against it generally even if it was true in this instance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jack B Nimble posted:

OTOH, it is important to ask what you could have done differently when you die, and a knee jerk assumption of hacking stops that, so I can see why people want to caution against it generally even if it was true in this instance.

He really didn't have many options. The only one I can really see is if he tried to jump over the fence and book it hard in the other direction.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
After a cozy four hundred hours, I’m confident in saying that the only time I thought I saw cheats was a million mile head shot on Woods, and it turned out to be Sturman.

”Why did I die” is a great question to ask, and ”cheaters” isn’t a constructive answer.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I really think killcams even if they are somehow sent to you days later would really help.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

socialsecurity posted:

I really think killcams even if they are somehow sent to you days later would really help.

A killcam that waited even like a half hour to show up would be incredible

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'd settle for a screen shot sent 24 hours later from a dead drop email address, anything.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
My dream is they add a full replay viewer post raid - it would be a nice QOL addition so they prob never will, but it would be an amazing tool to be able to no-clip around the raid and see the flow of the raid. It would be wild to be able to see how many times you just barely crossed paths with another PMC, where you got killed from, where what spawned, etc

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

After a cozy four hundred hours, I’m confident in saying that the only time I thought I saw cheats was a million mile head shot on Woods, and it turned out to be Sturman.

”Why did I die” is a great question to ask, and ”cheaters” isn’t a constructive answer.

it usually isn't, but sometimes it's the correct one and one worth considering - you're going to improve infinitely faster if you assume the opposite even in the face of really suspect behavior, but conversely you're not going to be able to handle cheaters well within the raid if you ignore the evidence and assume they're playing legitimately, and if you get head-eyesed by a makarov from an insane distance at Resort you're probably going to get more from requeuing rather than wasting time on doing play-by-play for that particular run

e: I really shouldn't overstate the case though - they've significantly reduced the number of blatant cheaters to the point that I have a hard time thinking of any genuinely suspect behavior I've seen this patch (or last patch really), popular tarkov streamers both over-report cheats and also are categorically unrepresentative of their impact on typical play experience (due to stream sniping / deliberate trolling as well as play patterns that are significantly more likely to expose them to people using cheats as an aid to RMT), and its important to remember that wildly suspect behavior can simply be a matter of timing/luck

a decent personal example of the latter was during my first wipe when I was running around shoreline questing with an ADAR and got surprised coming up from the beach to extract at the tunnel exfil by a player coming down from the tunnel overlook at sunset - I panic hipfired and my first shot went directly into his face from like 30 yards, meaning I got to collect his full high end armor setup/thermal m1a/bag of loot - it would have looked suspect as hell from his perspective, but sometimes you just get tarkov'd

LGD fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 12, 2021

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

causticBeet posted:

My dream is they add a full replay viewer post raid - it would be a nice QOL addition so they prob never will, but it would be an amazing tool to be able to no-clip around the raid and see the flow of the raid. It would be wild to be able to see how many times you just barely crossed paths with another PMC, where you got killed from, where what spawned, etc

I've wanted something like this since my first round of PUBG. It wouldn't even need to be an "explorable" replay necessarily, but even something like Tacview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07aK54bpjbg

But showing you PMC and Scav routes/bearings and all that.

It would blow up several spots but I dunno, I still think it would be cool.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

once me and a friend both got head eyes'd in the same burst of gunfire despite being about 10 feet apart and not behind one another. The shooter was killa.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

causticBeet posted:

Fortnite is the superior game.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Every single streamer seems to be some turbo idiot gamer type. I watched a few of em during drops and they’d stand in the middle of suicide fields, get absolutely owned by some dude on the hillside shooting them, then scream ”drat cheaters”.

Then 400 people in chat would agree ”yeah really suspicious the game has gone down a lot lately”

And then they get 500$ donation.

I genuinely do not loving understand.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
you gotta give the people what they want

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
tired: watching big streamer guys marketing themselves on being epic gamers
wired: watching this youtube guy who markets himself on no commentary and watching the food animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK-5KI7HS9s

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Vahakyla posted:

Every single streamer seems to be some turbo idiot gamer type. I watched a few of em during drops and they’d stand in the middle of suicide fields, get absolutely owned by some dude on the hillside shooting them, then scream ”drat cheaters”.

Then 400 people in chat would agree ”yeah really suspicious the game has gone down a lot lately”

Don't watch Landmark, easy.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Vahakyla posted:

It’s streamers that’s what they’re like.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Don't forget the same 3-4 memes chiming every few minutes as people subscribe or donate money.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

If I would get 500$ by just doing that...I would also just do that.
I don't blame them, it's their job after all

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I think "gamer community" is the problem, streamers just capitalize on it...

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Cage Kicker posted:

Lupo whines about every kill being sus and feeds into the perception that every time you die and you either get outplayed or don't know where the guy was, he was hacking.

I don't watch him daily or anything but thats definitely not true. Also maybe learn to read sarcasm because he jokes around a lot.

There's "was that guy hacking?" then two seconds later he's laughing and joining a new raid and then there's "gently caress that hacking douche" while yelling and filling out a hacker report.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 12, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
lol

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Only good streamer is Anton because he's a drooling moron and knows it (being an idiot also leads to better gameplay)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mae posted:

Only good streamer is Anton because he's a drooling moron and knows it (being an idiot also leads to better gameplay)

Anton and Smoke tend to be my go to. Smoke is just so chill, makes it so enjoyable to watch him.

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

Mae posted:

His cycle of being overconfident, getting into some poo poo, then barely making it out alive while going "holy poo poo duuuuuuude" encapsulates my entire Tarkov experience

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm also a big fan of Anton. For the above stated reasons, but he also has no qualms about going in on his chat. When his chat says something stupid, he calls them on it and makes fun of them for saying it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The only streamer that *really* bothers me is Veritas. His level of whininess is just in a league of its own. Landmark and Worrun are entertaining for just how loving good at the game they are, but they're always kitted with the best possible gear and 80% of their kills are your average guys who just can't react at the same speed. So alot of it is just pooping on guys worse than them. Also generally speaking the way they play is mega twitchy and unless you're a god tier FPS player trying to maximize Tarkov's peaker's advantage it's not representative of how you'll end up playing the game. Guys like Deadlyslob and Anton are good for general goofiness and are probably better watches if you're just starting to play this game. The kits they take are much more varied. Deadlyslob in particular explains everything.

Great Beer posted:

Don't forget the same 3-4 memes chiming every few minutes as people subscribe or donate money.

This is also a huge enjoyment problem with me and can make the streams or videos almost unwatchable as people put in messages into the text to voice system like "hi landmark you're so cool llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll el el el el el el el el el"

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

This is also a huge enjoyment problem with me and can make the streams or videos almost unwatchable as people put in messages into the text to voice system like "hi landmark you're so cool llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll el el el el el el el el el"

This is easily my least favorite thing about Anton's videos. He's fun to watch but my God the constant stream of 4chan tier memes and text to speech donations make me regret it every time.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
worrun is the only tarky streamer ive seen who is probably actually hacking lol

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Great Beer posted:

This is easily my least favorite thing about Anton's videos. He's fun to watch but my God the constant stream of 4chan tier memes and text to speech donations make me regret it every time.

You mean it annoys you when people donate:

"Seven hundred and seventy seven million seven hundred and seventy seven thousand....."

Stux posted:

worrun is the only tarky streamer ive seen who is probably actually hacking lol

If he is not hacking, then I am legit jealous of his target recognition and reflexes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Can you all help me rule out cheating for my friend's death here?

https://clips.twitch.tv/KitschyDarkPeanutGOWSkull

In case it's not clear, he was right in front of the big green weapons crate in the central enclosed room on the first floor of the Stronghold in Customs. We heard no gunshot, and the impact was straight to head. In a later scav run, we checked out the nearby "new" warehouses that have little poke holes overlooking Stronghold and none of them could see right in to where my friend died.

My other friend (the one whose POV is used in that video) later ran out and got shot in the arm from another mysterious location but was otherwise able to get out ok.

My first thought as to how he died was some weird angle you can see in there from, but I ran all over the area and couldn't figure one out. My only other thoughts are that it was a cheater shooting from under the map or in an otherwise bugged way or a totally insane ricochet. If it was a cheater, I don't understand why he didn't kill my other friend.

For reference, it was M855 to head, by a PMC. Didn't get the PMC's name.