Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the twister of violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah I don't know much about anarchism tbh but this is kind of how I see it (I just know that roses and black flags are good accounts to find succ).

black flag + pfp with the red glowing eyes

let's see if it's some lib rear end succ bullshit

https://twitter.com/qmartmartmart/status/1349047176354177024

https://twitter.com/qmartmartmart/status/1349048542938107906

https://twitter.com/qmartmartmart/status/1349049485226242048

whoa crazy

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Free taintrunner

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Agrajag posted:

man hong kong protestors are being real loving stupid here

timeless quote

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oneiros posted:

tbf old-school anarchists (i.e. not today's terminally online "anarchists") were a significant force in the united states but it's been a century since they were effectively ground into dust

yeah, like the nation's premier anarchist is an academic who tells everybody to vote Democrat every cycle, and all of them in popular media from podcasts to fiction are just soc dems. None of these people would be throwing bombs and the ones that would be you'll never hear about unless you're actually active in radical stuff, like Van Spronsen who enthusiastically demanded people buy and prepare to use guns and directly attack the machines of the state. Power and conflict, you either embrace them and stand a chance or don't and die. Whole Presidential campaigns used to campaign on how they would protect the nation from the anarchist menace threating it.

Like if you're lucky you'll run into a real-rear end hardcore anarchist once in your life and man they fuckin rule, but there's basically no barrier to entry or stigma in saying you're one so it's all kinds of liberals mostly

One mental image I always come back to is that Floyd protest against the police, I think it was in Portland, where somebody picked up a paving stone and immediately like 3 people grabbed him and handed him over the cops on the line. 1 hour later they were being brutalized by those same cops

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Dalael posted:

BRB, I'm gonna go yell at the corner store owner and his wife who both work 60+ hours a week and tell them they're horrible people because they have an employee and I literally cannot see the difference between them and Jeff Bezoz

thinking in terms of them as good or bad people doesn't seem politically useful to me in the first place, so i wouldn't be yelling or praising them or whatever you're imagining. but, yes, exploitation is bad, even when it's a small business owner reaping the rewards of exploitation on a small scale rather than jeff bezos

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Free taintrunner

there should be a banner at the top of the forum that just counts down to when taintrunner is next free

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Anarchists are just libertarians who are not attracted to children.

debatable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Lamborn_Wilson

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tree Faintrunner

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

Tree Faintrunner

Taint Freerunner

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

run, taintfreer!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I just call myself leftist because I don't jive with authoritarian tendencies and I like anarchist philosophy I guess but every group of self-professed anarchists I've ever encountered has been too annoying to tolerate

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

You're tihnking of Denny Hastert

oh whoops, was thinking about him on the first part, but there is a Daschle rule as well

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I just call myself leftist because I don't jive with authoritarian tendencies and I like anarchist philosophy I guess but every group of self-professed anarchists I've ever encountered has been too annoying to tolerate

Leftist is a good general term because liberals are loathe to co-opt it like they did with "progressive" which now means "woke capitalist"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

thats makes you even more anarchist

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
A distaste for the existence of and exercise of state power is understandable.

However, state power will always exist. A power vacuum will always (ALWAYS) be filled by the first person to assemble the largest group of people with guns/clubs/whatever.

If you think that state power is inherently evil, then come to terms with the fact that the world is inherently evil.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

BRB, I'm gonna go yell at the corner store owner and his wife who both work 60+ hours a week and tell them they're horrible people because they have an employee and I literally cannot see the difference between them and Jeff Bezoz

you heard it here first folks, true leftism means upholding small business tyrants

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mila kunis posted:

what the hell is the deal with anarchists. anytime i see people saying you should support NATO and american interventions, that there was "nuance" about the bolivian coup, that all radicals should vote for biden, all kinds of bad things but "leftistly" its some idiot identifying as an anarchist

anarchism is an ideology incompatible with an industrial world, its adherents have a child’s view of reality

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Oneiros posted:

there should be a banner at the top of the forum that just counts down to when taintrunner is next free

i would buy that banner ad if someone made it, it would just take me until i get paid on thursday

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

if you have employees you are inherently exploitative in a capitalist society, or you would not be able to be in business. just because you have one employee doesn't change that fact, and neither does actually performing real work yourself. it's not the fact that jeff bezos makes ridic money doing nothing that's the key factor that you're not getting, it's his relation with the labor he is exploiting, which is intrinsic to being a capitalist. you loving idiot

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
unless you literally see them performing mutual aid most anarchists are a waste

there’s a vocal contingent of tiktok anarchists who say that studying leftist theory is both racist (because it’s written by old white men) and discriminatory (because the poor and the marginalized are too dumb to read).

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I would never call the police in any situation that I can think of. Maybe finding a dead body?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I would never call the police in any situation that I can think of. Maybe finding a dead body?

sometimes you need police reports for filing insurance claims

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

One mental image I always come back to is that Floyd protest against the police, I think it was in Portland, where somebody picked up a paving stone and immediately like 3 people grabbed him and handed him over the cops on the line. 1 hour later they were being brutalized by those same cops

https://twitter.com/s_Allahverdi/status/1267240521052946432

I remember seeing this video everywhere.

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Jan 12, 2021

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

most of East Asia is crazy racist against Black people by pure White Supremacy osmosis

Don't let white people steal asia's racism valor.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anarchism is an ideology incompatible with an industrial world, its adherents have a child’s view of reality

wrong, it would work if every person had a nuke :colbert:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The overwhelming majority of communists worldwide are non-white!

Rutibex posted:

anarchism can't even deliver that, good luck making 7 billion pocket nukes without a state-funded centralized economy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I think you call the ambulance for that. They take it to the freezer at the hospital and doctors do a report.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dalael posted:

i forgot what i called you a dumbass over about a year ago and you're making me want to find out what it was

by the way, you're a huge loving moron

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

I think you call the ambulance for that. They take it to the freezer at the hospital and doctors do a report.

good luck calling 911 and saying "there's a dead body here and, oh yeah, don't send any cops"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Yes Death Stranding is a good game, but not everyone wants to live in a crazy Kojima world.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

good luck calling 911 and saying "there's a dead body here and, oh yeah, don't send any cops"

"Sombody's hurt, I can't reach them to give first aid"

i mean, it's not like it's a life or death situation (for the corpse). what's a little white lie to keep the pigs off scene?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lostconfused posted:

Yes Death Stranding is a good game, but not everyone wants to live in a crazy Kojima world.

tough poo poo then, he's got the lathe of heaven at the moment

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Phone posted:

i forgot what i called you a dumbass over about a year ago and you're making me want to find out what it was

by the way, you're a huge loving moron

Dude, chill the gently caress out.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

son, this is the succ zone, if you're lookin for the chill zone you took a wrong turn

now hold still so we can electrocute your taint

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

anarchists are dumb because, among other reasons, they mistake tactics for an end-state, but it isn't really worth getting upset about them because they'll have no power

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dalael posted:

Dude, chill the gently caress out.

You’re the one who wants to yell at random people, so pot meet kettle?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Anarchism as an ideological tendency i.e. skepticism of all state power and ultimate aim of abolishing all states is fine. IWW were the only decent labor union in the U.S. for several years. The problem is that when you move away from class-oriented anarchism towards anarchism as an aesthetic or as a yearning for ultimate "freedom" then really you're just a "radical" liberal, and that tendency often motivates people to be "anti-authoritarian" to the point where they're cheering on U.S. interventions in Libya and Syria

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Agrajag posted:

man hong kong protestors are being real loving stupid here

this is who they are lol, right wing reationaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Trabisnikof posted:

You’re the one who wants to yell at random people, so pot meet kettle?

Wtf? Who did I yell at? My post about yelling at the corner store owner was a response to ppl who claim all bosses are bad no exceptions.

Its an exxaggeration trying to show the point that not all bosses are multi billionaire ceos and many are just regular folks barely making ends meet, often working insane hours themselves.