Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Rutibex posted:

thats makes you even more anarchist

I briefly called myself communalist until I learned that little ingroup has the wishy-washy nonsense of anarchists combined with next-level academic self-indulgence

especially since Rojava became a thing

[ed: oh nice glad I can snipe the page so everyone can line up to own me]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dalael posted:

Wtf? Who did I yell at? My post about yelling at the corner store owner was a response to ppl who claim all bosses are bad no exceptions.

Its an exxaggeration trying to show the point that not all bosses are multi billionaire ceos and many are just regular folks barely making ends meet, often working insane hours themselves.

d u m b

a s

d i r t

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

Wtf? Who did I yell at? My post about yelling at the corner store owner was a response to ppl who claim all bosses are bad no exceptions.

Its an exxaggeration trying to show the point that not all bosses are multi billionaire ceos and many are just regular folks barely making ends meet, often working insane hours themselves.

why do you think atlantis is bolivia

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dalael posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dalael posted:

not all bosses

distilled into a crude, yet potent liquor

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dalael posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: succ levels critical :siren: :siren: :siren:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
The old chinese guy and his wife working the corner store next to my house, the true exploiters :argh:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

good luck calling 911 and saying "there's a dead body here and, oh yeah, don't send any cops"

If I were the dispatcher that'd be good enough for me.

But I'm no snitch. :colbert:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dalael, stop yelling in here.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

uninterrupted posted:

unless you literally see them performing mutual aid most anarchists are a waste

there’s a vocal contingent of tiktok anarchists who say that studying leftist theory is both racist (because it’s written by old white men) and discriminatory (because the poor and the marginalized are too dumb to read).

by "contingent of tiktok anarchists" do you mean a handful of dumb teenagers on the internet?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Dalael posted:

The old chinese guy and his wife working the corner store next to my house, the true exploiters :argh:

ok now tell us what you think about hardworking scabs

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ruzihm posted:

ok now tell us what you think about hardworking scabs

What's a scab?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

someone's coming back... I wonder who it could be? :ohdear:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

boss lives matter

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

gonna call myself "pretty left on everything" without engaging in the slightest with ol' karl's crazy ideas cuz he's a god damned bearded poser

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
drat, succ zone still arguing about bosses w/ the bolivian atlantis dude lmao

https://twitter.com/LloydAustin/status/1349010055094562818?s=20

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

First they came for the small business owners, and I said nothing because I would rather throw myself into the sea and live in Bolivia before becoming a manager

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

fits my needs posted:

drat, succ zone still arguing about bosses w/ the bolivian atlantis dude lmao

https://twitter.com/LloydAustin/status/1349010055094562818?s=20

we love bait

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

according to zezik its actually the nice bosses who are the worst of all

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

exploitation isn't necessarily a moral judgement, it's just a process in which, by definition, an enteprise cannot be profitable if it pays workers the full value of their work in capitalism

also small business owners have been some of the biggest pieces of poo poo i've ever had to work for

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

What's a scab?

oh ok i see

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1349062779743989763?s=20

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Where is taintrunner

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

alarumklok posted:

gonna call myself "pretty left on everything" without engaging in the slightest with ol' karl's crazy ideas cuz he's a god damned bearded poser

I dont need to read Marx to be against expoitation, wanting healthcare for everyone and thinking labor needs a much much larger share of profits while also wanting to raise taxes on the rich.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I would never call the police in any situation that I can think of. Maybe finding a dead body?

and let the street dogs starve???

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I briefly called myself communalist until I learned that little ingroup has the wishy-washy nonsense of anarchists combined with next-level academic self-indulgence

especially since Rojava became a thing

[ed: oh nice glad I can snipe the page so everyone can line up to own me]

rojava seemed like one of the few concrete examples of anarchist (or anarchist influenced) ideology making sense, given how hard it is for them to establish a robust, centralized state in that area. imo, as far as anarchist poo poo goes, ocalan and rojava are cool

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

lmao

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Dalael posted:

Everyone has to get along to survive, of course. But ladder climbers looking to get ahead (small-time landlords, employers) are frequently some of the most reactionary and vicious enemies of the working class.

They don't get a pass because they work hard. In fact, they frequently use their own drive to escape the working class as moral license in their own exploitation. And that's exactly what you are doing!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dalael posted:

What's a scab?

not a fan of unions anymore, eh?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

alarumklok posted:

oh ok i see

I'm french. Its entirely possible that i do not know an english word.

So now that i googled it:

I am very much pro unions.

What is loving wrong with you all? What in the gently caress did i post that makes you all want to dogpile me thinking im some Maga hat wearer

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

I dont need to read Marx to be against expoitation, wanting healthcare for everyone and thinking labor needs a much much larger share of profits while also wanting to raise taxes on the rich.

you apparently do because you don't know what exploitation is

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Finicums Wake posted:

rojava seemed like one of the few concrete examples of anarchist (or anarchist influenced) ideology making sense, given how hard it is for them to establish a robust, centralized state in that area. imo, as far as anarchist poo poo goes, ocalan and rojava are cool

Rojava is cool as gently caress but American anarchists pointing to it excitedly while the entire world coalesces around murdering Kurds gets stale quickly

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Dalael posted:

What is loving wrong with you all? What in the gently caress did i post that makes you all want to dogpile me thinking im some Maga hat wearer

Are scabs good or bad people? by definition they work harder than non scabs

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

and also be extremely invested in defending the e-honor of the imaginary perfect boss who lives in your head

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dalael posted:

Dalael posted:

BRB, I'm gonna go yell at the corner store owner and his wife who both work 60+ hours a week and tell them they're horrible people because they have an employee and I literally cannot see the difference between them and Jeff Bezoz

Dalael posted:

Dalael posted:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Finicums Wake posted:

"rojava" is basically a US military base that sells syria's oil to us

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

alarumklok posted:

you apparently do because you don't know what exploitation is

Nah, you're just making a bunch of dumb lovely assumptions because i read an article and interpretted it differently.

*edit: sorry, twitter thread

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

I'm french. Its entirely possible that i do not know an english word.

So now that i googled it:

I am very much pro unions.

i responded to you pretty politely

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

mila kunis posted:

i responded to you pretty politely

Yeah im fine with Atlantis posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

do the kids of that cornerstore couple work there as well?